Gradelink

4.7/5
4.5/5
4.6/5
4.9/5

Best and easy school communication management software

Reviewed on 2023/06/27

Pros

Gradelink is a very innovative platform that has simplified workflow for school managers and teachers as well improved transparent communication between educators and parents. Among the main features I love include the fact that it is cloud-based, making it accessible from anywhere, enabling users to perform their daily duties on the go. Secondly, teachers are saved a lot of time on lesson planning, add assignments, homework and learning exercises without worrying about school system standard to use. Additionally, the software had gradebook are generously available and integrates with lesson plans and report card features. Another outstanding feature is the discipline feature which allows administrators to track negative and positive behaviors, add or remove credits, and focus on each student's academic goals. Parents can also access this information and can monitor their children's behavior and contribute actively by supporting teachers. Last but not the least is the various reports that can be accessed from a single platform in no time. Whether its on attendance, registers, medical records, enrollment level etc, Gradelink has all the information at hand for either administrators, parents, students and all relevant users. Finally, I love the fact that Payment processing and billing is integrated within the software, making it easy for parents to settle their dues.

Cons

Overall, it is a life saving software but it may be pricy for a small school that attempts to increase enrollment and all.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you for sharing so many ways your school community is benefitting from using Gradelink!

Ross

They Don't Stop Trying

Reviewed on 2021/04/26

Any time you get stuck, help is very near at hand. They have an incredible number of short videos that get right to the point and handle almost any question you have about how to do something. Their tech support is usually very prompt and has been able to help us work through some of the unique situations we've encountered. We're still working at some but are confident something will be worked out.

Pros

The integration into our existing system was painful, mainly because our previous processes were primitive and we had some unique requirements being a religious school that is partly a boarding school and partly a local school and serves both high school and college. Gradelink was not setup for that scenario but worked very hard with us to create work-arounds that, after one year, seem to be working well. Their communication included all the methods we needed and replaced a hodge-podge of approaches we had been using. It is now seamless and very useful. Our parents are very appreciative of the improved communication we now offer as well as the mobile app that lets them more easily track their child's progress. Teachers love the ease with which assignments can be created and scored. The addition of Google Classroom integration was huge for our school as we a fully committed to Classroom and can now easily sync grades. Their approach works well with few hiccups once you have the process down.

Cons

We were told that we would be able to handle both our high school and our college with one "copy" of Gradelink. This has proved problematic, but GL continues to work with us on solving those problems. There are still problems we are having with transcripts and class rank and hope those get solved before the end of the year.

Response from Gradelink

Each school's needs are unique, and while yours have been particularly challenging, we're happy to have the opportunity to serve your school, Ross!

Katie

gradelink

Reviewed on 2022/09/02

Pros

Transcripts are easy to find and save as a pdf.

Cons

The calendar needs to be visible on the app. We really needs parents to be able to subscribe to the school calendar. It's synced from gradelink to our gradelink website, but parents really do need to have the ability to then subscribe to the calendar so the info can go directly to their phone calendars.

Response from Gradelink

We appreciate your feedback, Katie! It helps us gain a better understanding of our schools' and their families' needs.

Tarsheba

Gradelink is Amazing

Reviewed on 2024/02/22

Not to sound redundant, but [sensitive content hidden] has helped streamline everything.

Pros

[sensitive content hidden], our representative, is amazing! She always helps me when I need it.

Cons

Not much really, but if there is a way report cards and/or transcripts can be emailed to parents that would be helpful.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you, Tarsheba! We wish your rep could be named so she could get the recognition she deserves. Have you talked with her about paperless report cards and transcripts? Both can be exported as PDFs for distribution via email.

Nancy

Great Product...Great Value

Reviewed on 2020/03/24

Gradelink makes our job that much easier.

Gradelink makes our job that much easier.

Pros

I chose Gradelink for our school because the basic system had so many components. Other SIS's I researched charged per component. Smartsend Pro makes communication easy. We added the online payment integration for incidentals. Gradelink allows for the flexibility to fit the needs of my school.

Cons

Adding on or starting up a new feature and/or personaliztion of the product can sometimes be time consuming.

Reasons for Choosing Gradelink

We wanted a SIS and communications medium that worked as one, not just online grading.

Reasons for Switching to Gradelink

At the time, the alternative product had additional fees for different components that are included in the base SIS with Gradelink. The pricing parameters with Gradelink allow for increases & decreases in enrollment without major changes to my budget.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you for choosing Gradelink, Nancy! It's rewarding to know that you've found some much value in it.

LAURENTIU

Great platform for school management, grades etc

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Excellent, we were very happy with it

Excellent, we were very happy with it

Pros

The software is fully featured, and offers a lot of bells-and-whistles within the basic package (attendance, grades, email messaging, discipline, GPA, reports, report-cards generation, contact info, emergency info, medical records info etc.). For a moderate price, you can add a few more features (e.g. unlimited text messaging, parent/student registration etc). The platform is very intuitive and allows a lot of customization (grade periods, grade scale, weighted grading, own discipline and attendance system etc). Support is well rounded, with a lot of online instructional materials (video and text) and phone support is very responsive. Another nice thing is that you can open simultaneously several accounts (admin, teacher, etc) in the same browser, and it has good security measures (accounts can be blocked by admin, you know who signed last and when, accounts get locked after third wrong singnin attempt etc).

Cons

The overall aspect is outdated, the colors are bleak, the whole system looks old school. Also, it behaves weirdly when averaging periods and grades (sometimes), you don't know exactly how it's done.

MySchoolWorx and FACTS

Reasons for Choosing Gradelink

Engrade was a much less functional and efficient product and the support was almost inexistent

MySchoolWorx and FACTS

Reasons for Switching to Gradelink

Better options and price, better support

Response from Gradelink

We've worked hard to make Gradelink as useful as possible, so it's gratifying to see how much your school community is accomplishing with it, Laurentiu! An update of the interface is on our to-do list, so stay tuned. And, if you haven't already, please talk with your support rep about averaging periods and grades so we get that figured out.

Barbara
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Answer to a small school's needs

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

I have been very satisfied with Gradelink, from usability to customer service when there is a question or concern. The staff is always polite and efficient. I would like to see some of the"extras" included in our package, simply from a budgetary perspective. We are a little school, your tuition/fees program looks excellent, I would like to see if it more effective that what we are using now. I highly recommend Gradelink and have spoken to other administrators about our success with the program.

Pros

I needed a program that would be easy to implement, easy to use, and affordable. After reviewing a number of SIS programs, Gradelink met the needs of the school. Having the program for five years I have found new staff members are able to jump in quickly, parents love the ease of communication and availability of attendance, grades, and comments concerning their children. We also use the "news" page to keep parents up to date with reminders and current events. I use the program for snow cancellation and delays, as well as blast informational emails to our community, including alumni.

Cons

There are still a couple of pieces of information that take me time to access, including a quick attendance report on an individual student or a readable transcript that is inclusive of attendance, but a part of that might be my lack of knowledge. Customer service has been excellent in helping us customize report cards, something we could not do independently. Some of the staff is still reluctant to use the planning program to its full capacity, I'm not sure if there is an overarching reason or merely a comfortability learning curve.

Reasons for Choosing Gradelink

Engrade no longer met our needs and had glitches that hindered my work. I realized the advantage of having a SIS that integrated a strong communication component with online grading/planning/standards/progress report and report card generating capacity, in addition to the ease of new staff member and parent usability.

Reasons for Switching to Gradelink

I'm not sure these alternatives SIS companies are correct, the program is not allowing me to put in the companies as I remember them. Some programs were way out of our budget, some were far more or far less than what we needed, Gradelink was the right fit. The people I spoke with during the process were hugely helpful, professional, knowledgeable, patient. I spent a summer researching and experimenting with free trials. Gradelink won me over, and the staff has been nothing but supportive about the decision, which is why I have recommended Gradelink to other administrators that have been dissatisfied with their services. Gradelink grows with our school and our needs. I expect to be a long time customer.

Response from Gradelink

We love hearing how well Gradelink fits your needs, Barbara, so thanks for sharing! We're always happy to help and there's no charge for training and support so please contact your support rep for assistance on anything from lesson plans to attendance reports. Or click on the question mark icon at the top of the screen in Gradelink for tons of invaluable information, including articles, screenshots and videos.

Debbie

Gradelink does what we need!

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

We've solved communication problems and group texting as well as phone calls with the program. Our overall experience has been positive. Gradelink has been very responsive to any concerns we have had.

Pros

Gradelink has been user friendly and provides us with all that we need to store our student information and communicate with our families at a reasonable price. The customer service has been great. It is easy for us to call and get help if we get confused or don't understand an aspect of the program. We do not need to set aside days to do teacher training. The program is simple enough that brief training sessions and video links are all we need to train new teachers. Ease of enrollment and re-enrollment are nice as well.

Cons

At times, I would like more features, such as digital sign in for our preschool and aftercare. They have a program for that, but it is not what we need, so we will wait patiently for the program to be perfected! :)

When parents enroll, we have found that they can skip certain answers by just putting in a space or a letter, for example. We would like for that feature to some how be fixed.

Reasons for Switching to Gradelink

Originally, it was because of the cost of the other program. We are glad we made the decision because it is still much more cost effective for our small school AND seems much more user friendly when talking to other schools who use RenWeb.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you for a great review, Debbie! We always appreciate feedback from our schools to let us know what's working well and what could use improvement.

Aimee

I love Gradelink!

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

We have found Gradelink to be superior to other SIS programs we've used in the past. The cost is more practical and there are very few glitches. It works well across PC and Mac platforms.

Pros

I love the ease of use, functionality, and cost of this software. However the part I like MOST is the customer service. Whenever we have a question or issue, Gradelink customer service/technical support representatives are helpful and friendly.

Cons

The only part of Gradelink that I don't love is the lesson planning feature. It is sufficient, and I could easily get by using that module. However, I prefer the flexibility of another lesson planning product.

Orbund, Blackbaud CRM and FACTS

Reasons for Choosing Gradelink

We were very frustrated with the technical glitches we experienced with HeadMaster. You also had to use a portal to access the program. The interface was designed for PC, and it was clunky on a Mac. We often were kicked off during a session, and sometimes lost data.

Orbund, Blackbaud CRM and FACTS

Response from Gradelink

You made the support team's day, Aimee! We're always looking for ways to improve Gradelink, so please send a note to [email protected] to let us know what changes you'd like to see in lesson plans.

Stephanie

Gradelink Integration

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

We’ve enjoyed working with gradelink. There grading, report cards, attendance, student database, transcripts, etc. are fantastic and easy to use. Love having this system!

Pros

I love the customer support and how easy it is for me to get an answer for what I’m looking for. Never have I worked with better customer support!

Cons

I’m not a fan of the lesson plans. They are designed to mirror Planbook, but the features just aren’t there to facilitate it. We ended up switching back to planbook this year. It’s slightly aggravating because gradelink is an all in one system.

Reasons for Choosing Gradelink

Engrade merged with another company and no longer offered the services we needed.

Pricing

Response from Gradelink

Thank you, Stephanie, you made the support team's day! We also appreciate your feedback on lesson plans because it helps us better understand what schools need.

Samantha
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

School Parent Communication Tool

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Staying connected with parents. Easy communication tool.

Staying connected with parents. Easy communication tool.

Pros

Ease of use. Low cost. Great customer service.

Cons

It's very basic. Not very fancy with the graphics or reporting features.

Blackbaud K-12 Solutions

Blackbaud K-12 Solutions

Reasons for Switching to Gradelink

Cost and convenience with Gradelink already being in place at our school.

Response from Gradelink

We're glad you find Gradelink easy to use, Samantha! We want to make sure you're getting the most out of Gradelink, so please talk with your support rep about reports or other features you'd like to know more about. Plus, clicking on the question mark icon at the top of the screen in Gradelink will take you to the help site with tons of useful articles and videos.

Kelly

Gradelink, YES!

Reviewed on 2023/02/13

Our experience with Gradelink has been terrific!

Our experience with Gradelink has been terrific!

Pros

The service is easy to use..... If a mistake is made, it is easy to correct. There is no fear of "losing everything", or having to start from scratch. It is well designed to streamline use.

Cons

There is nothing troublesome with the platform Gradelink.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you, Kelly! We work hard to take care of our schools, so your review made our day.

Andy

Gradelink School Management System Review

Reviewed on 2023/03/24

Very positive. This is our first proper school management system and I am cannot recommend enough how impressed I am with the system and what it provides.

Pros

I always look for software that is intuitive and easy to pick-up and use. I found this to be the case with Gradelink. They provide an excellent Customer service to help get started and throughout the process of learning how to use the software as well as ongoing customer service.

Cons

As we are located outside of the US, organizing a way to pay the setup fee and annual fee took some time to sort out. This was eventually resolved.

PowerSchool

Reasons for Choosing Gradelink

Our self-created database was limited in what it could provide. We have grown to be a school of almost 600 students and needed a product that could provide better organization and efficiency in managing the school and reports etc.

Reasons for Switching to Gradelink

Price was competitive, customer service was excellent from the very beginning, product easy to use

Response from Gradelink

There are a lot of choices out their, Andy, so we are honored that you chose Gradelink! We're here for you, so please let us if you ever need assistance.

Haiat

I am very happy with gradelink software. It made my life easy as an administrator.

Reviewed on 2017/06/29

Most of all, the biggest benefit is that it saves our time in the office. We do not have information everywhere. All information is located in the software.

Pros

Every information we need is stored in G.Link. All lesson plans and standards are together. Standards carry a lot of information for teachers. Grades are easily entered and are not lost. Parents communication has gotten better this year because of G.Link. Every teacher has a web page that she/he can design.
Administrators can publish their announcement daily, weekly and monthly.

We like the fact that it prepares the students' report cards and transcripts. We do not have to do that any more. The discipline, students' health life, parents' information is all there for us.
Teachers like it so much. They still need to get used to it and the deadlines they receive but I know for a fact that they like the features in the lesson plans such as copy and paste the whole week then make daily changes. I keep teaching this feature because that 's what will make their planning so easy, especially for those ho have 6 different subjects to plan.

I love how the administrator can easily check teachers' lesson plans, up to date grades. Teachers reports is another feature that is really valuable. Once teacher understand how to use, they can retrieve a lot of information from those reports and use.

The Gradelink staff and team members are extremely sharp and helpful. They usually give us answers right a way even if we call 10 times a day. They still help.
They know well that once we get it we will stop calling them. I love their big support.

Cons

One thing does bother me. We want to send information to parents such as pictures, newsletters and so on. We can not send 2 at the time or more than one.
We have to wait a certain time in order to send another info. This does work for us as we have to send timely information. Something that we have to send today, we can wait until next week to send. It is time sensitive.

Response from Gradelink

It's wonderful that Furqaan Academy is making good use of so many of Gradelink's features, Haiat! We're always happy to help, so, if you haven't already, please contact your service representative about sending multiple messages to your students' parents.

Raquel

Gradelink is Awesome!

Reviewed on 2023/08/22

Outside of the workarounds, Gradelink is a very intuitive SIS system. It was easy to launch and the ease of use is great! I can't speak highly enough about [sensitive content hidden]. She has been a real pleasure to work with and makes it easy for me to implement this system. Thanks Gradelink for such an awesome SIS platform.

Pros

Compared to the prior SIS system we had, Gradelink is much more user friendly and easy to launch. Additionally, the customer service is superb! My representative, [sensitive content hidden] is absolutely amazing. While there are many training videos available for the system, Kate is also available to walk us through any issues we are experiencing. She spent a substantial amount of time walking my team and I through a few challenging problems we were trying to solve. She really cared that we were able to use the platform as its intended. Her customer service skills are literally a 10/10. I appreciate her.

Cons

As I attempt to merge both my elementary school and my preschools on to one platform, I am seeing a few issues with the platform meeting the needs of my preschool. Our contractual obligations require our preschool students to be checked in and checked out with the SPECIFIC time. I general present and absent will meet our contract requirements. The feature that we need is a batch check in and batch check out for all of our students is very tedious and time consuming. The billing feature is also challenging because the platform assumes parents all pay a flat rate or a slight variation of the fee (i.e. sibling discount). However, the majority of our preschool parents pay different fees because they have subsidized care. Lastly, PaySimple being the only payment processing system is a challenge because it lacks an auto invoicing feature. While the auto billing is great, many of our parents are not ok with auto billing. However, auto invoicing would allow us to send the necessary reminders and make it easy to pay right from the invoice.

Response from Gradelink

We agree, Raquel—Kate is amazing! We appreciate you sharing what you like about Gradelink and what you'd like to see added because it helps us keep up with educators' needs.

Portia

Gradelink for Schools is awesome.

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

Gradelink makes our operation completely automated and allows to admin to access student information efficiently. The less paper in our work environment the better.

Pros

This software allows our admin and teachers to work smarter not harder. The the software is utilized the easier it becomes to start a new school year because so much info carries over. The information that parents and students have is presented differently because each user has a different goal for using the software. Gradelink makes it easy to integrate all aspects of the education environment into one easy to use vehicle.

Cons

The software does not allow users to edit and input their own personal information. There fore keeping up on ever-changing hone numbers and even teacher info is a challenge. The information from previous years is not as easy to access. It is accessible though.

Response from Gradelink

"...allows our admin and teachers to work smarter not harder." We love that, Portia! And we agree that using less paper is a good thing. We appreciate your comments because they help us understand our customers' needs.

Angela

Great Customer Service--Gradelink SIS

Reviewed on 2021/01/18

I have used this product for over 5 years now, and I recently had my first need arise to speak to someone, again after more than 5 years!! The program is sound and there is very little need for service. However, this past week, I had to contact customer service. I heard from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] very quickly, and we were able to email back and forth a few times until I had my answer. He was very patient, attentive, and knowledgeable!
Gradelink also has a wonderful online library that is easily accessible via their search engine. It answers most any question you could have!

Pros

Gradelink is user-friendly! I can sit with a new teacher for less than an hour and have him or her fully functioning. Also, the support library of articles is extensive and covers many issues that may come up. I have gone there countless times and find exactly what I need.

Cons

I have not experienced any serious problems with this software. It does exactly what you tell it to do!
The only category that I would like to see open up for customization by the user a little more would be the transcripts. There are categories that can be completed for awards and the degree obtained; however, there are other notable items to list on the transcript such as community service hour requirements and things that don't fit in the pre-made categories list. It would be nice to have a place to make additional notations on the transcripts.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you, Angela! Our development team strives to make Gradelink intuitive to use and our support team does their best to take care of our schools, so your review warms our hearts.

Sandra

Gradelink Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

Overall, our experience with Gradelink has been wonderful! The customer service personnel are very, very helpful, especially to those of us who need technical guidance.

Pros

Gradelink has made it much easier for our staff and parents to keep track of our students' progress academically. I appreciate that I receive a copy of every initial email that goes out so that I am better aware of any potential issues. Grading parameters are easy to set up. We create individual schedules for our students as well.

Cons

What can be a bit time consuming is posting daily assignments. We also have to go into every individual account to click on the indicator for our parents to receive low grade alerts. As it is now, we would have to assume that parents would choose that option. Since we want to make sure our parents are notified whenever a student has a low grade, we must go into every student's account and click on that notifier. It would be great if Admins could do that with one click for the student body.

We also use Gradelink for our billing. While paying is relatively simple for our parents, understanding the balance sheet is not. Also, for some reason, even when a parent has paid a balance in full, it will still "look" like they have a balance.

Response from Gradelink

Good news, Sandra: the new Default Grade Alerts setting will make things easier for you! To learn how to use it, just click on the question mark icon at the top of the screen or contact your support rep and they'll be happy to walk you through it.

Heather

Gradelink Website Development

Reviewed on 2019/02/26

We have worked with the staff at Gradelink for almost 5 years. The customer support is responsive and always willing to help when a challenge presents itself. Choosing them to be our SIS was one of the best business decisions we made, and entrusting their website team to streamline our site was the icing on the cake. Highly recommend!

Pros

Professional and Intuitive - Our website is easy for our families to navigate and the final design reflects the personal and intimate feel that defines us as a small private school located in Washington State. When we were in the planning process with Gradelink's Education Consultant and Website Specialist, did an amazing job configuring the online tools that would save us time and money and then seamlessly integrated them into our website. All of our school tour scheduling is now online. He designed a custom form that handles our complex afterschool care program registration procedures. Yearly or monthly tuition payments are easily made through our online store. All of these improvements have saved our staff hours of paperwork and time and have allowed them to focus on what really matters to us..... the kids.

Cons

I would love to be able to sort the Family Directory by Teacher! ;)

Response from Gradelink

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review, Heather! It's rewarding to learn that your new website is working so well for you.

Becky
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Easy to use & Excellent support

Reviewed on 2021/05/04

Overall Gradelink has been extremely reliable and stable for us over the years with outstanding customer support. I highly recommend it for small to medium sized schools.

Pros

Gradelink made the transition from a paper & spreadsheet system to an online multi-user student information system extremely easy. Everyone we worked with made implementation and training super smooth. In the years since, we have continued to receive excellent customer care and support when needed.
Also, as a Wisconsin Choice school, I love the WISEdata implementation.

Cons

My least favorite feature is the way it handles student contacts: you must enter all contacts for each student. There is no way to build a file of contacts and link them to appropriate students. So a family of three students with four emergency contacts means I am keying in the same four e.c. people three times. It is not a deal breaker, but the bigger our school gets, the more annoying it becomes.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you for letting us know what you like and what you'd like to see added, Becky! Feedback like yours helps us better understand our schools' needs.

Mario

Great service

Reviewed on 2021/02/10

Awesome

Awesome

Pros

Easy to use was important for us. Also we want to access this info from home.

Cons

Free text services are important and will add value.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you, Mario! Like you, many of our schools are enjoying the ability to work from home now more than ever. We wish we could offer text messaging for free but there are additional costs on our end.

Ani

Great Customer Care

Reviewed on 2020/10/01

Overall I have had a great experience!

Overall I have had a great experience!

Pros

I really like how easy it is to contact customer care and actually be able to speak to a human!

Cons

There are features that Gradelink does not provide that other SISs do.

Response from Gradelink

We love that you've had a great experience with Gradelink, Ani! Please let us know what features you'd find useful because we're always looking for ways to make life easier for our schools.

CHRISTINE

Gradelink Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Pros

I like that the platform is easy to use. I am able to keep all my grades in one place and assign a value to each section.I like that emails send are stored for future review.

Cons

The switch between entering in new assignments is not easy. Programs we have used in the past made it easy to enter in new assignments quickly. The use of the planning component is not easy.

Response from Gradelink

Although it's good that you find Gradelink ease to use, we're sorry you're a bit frustrated with assignments, Christine. You may find the information on the help website useful. This link will take you a few articles on working with assignments: bit.ly/2PB1Tob. If you'd like additional assistance, there's no charge for support, so please contact us any time and we'll be happy to help!

Gradelink - a great company to work with!

Reviewed on 2023/11/15

When we have had issues with Gradelink, their team immediately takes care of the issue. There are tweaks over the years we have made and they have been very accomodating.

Pros

[sensitive content hidden]
met with me recently through Zoom to show better ways our website can be effective. I appreciated the time he spent showing ways to help parents know what we are about.

Cons

Report cards do not always turn out the way we want them. It still needs a little more tweaking.

Response from Gradelink

We’re glad you chose Gradelink when you had to switch SISs, and we look forward to working with your school for years to come!

Steve

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2022/08/18

Grade has done a good job of moving us off of our previous Student Information System (which was overly complicated) and making it easier and more user friendly to keep track of students, attendance, tuition, etc.

Pros

I love the customer service after the sale. I have asked several questions and have received follow-up answers, usually within a hour of asking the question. [SENSITIVE CONTENT]
in particular has helped me through several questions.

Cons

I would like to see the financial piece enhanced, including the ability to pay through the phone app and not just online.

Response from Gradelink

Thank you, Steve! It's rewarding for us to hear that Gradelink is working so much better for you than your old SIS.