Spendesk

Smart, trackable spending at work. From Approvals to Zen.

Lukas

Great accounting automation for distributed teams

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

We're a small team scattered around Europa and Asia & thanks to Spendesk, much of our accounting, requesting payments & doing personal expenses has been automated - giving us more time to focus on developing our business rather than filing manual reports & chasing receipts across departments.

Pros

- Spendesk allows to automate payments & approvals for business expenses and provides great overview over who owns which transactions, establishing great accountability
- The accounting integration (in Germany) was easy and straightforward
- Great approval flows
- It's possible to set up multiple teams & entities, modeling complex organizational structures

Cons

- Due to a change in Spendesk's internal processes in preparation for Brexit the onboarding process took 3-4 weeks, which wasn't well communicated in advance
- Each credit card's limit must be backed by money pre-loaded onto the bank account - and each card's limit needs to be 100% backed, effectively tying up an entire month of "worst case scenario" working capital
- Currency conversion charges are quite high

Response from Spendesk

Hello Lukas, and thank you very much for your very detailed review. We are sorry that you faced some issues while using Spendesk. Don't hesitate to contact our support team anytime you need, we are available for you. Have a nice day!

Matthew

Very nearly perfection, but I have a use case not handled well

Reviewed on 2019/03/13

Pros

This is cliche, but the software just works. I really appreciate how fast it is to do all the tasks I need to do, and it really helps get my colleagues on board when it doesn't take up much of their time to upload receipts.

Cons

It is not very obvious how to have a card that can be charged multiple times, but only as a single overall process. An example is any service which takes a deposit, then final charge once manufacture is complete. This would be one purchase request and therefore one spendesk card, but needs to allow multiple individual charges to occur.
The "solution" is a subscription, but then you have to remember to cancel it or the money is reserved on the card forever.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Matthew for your interesting review. If you need any help with Spendesk, don't hesitate to contact our support or customer success teams!

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Spendesk, just ok

Reviewed on 2022/09/20

Pros

It gets the job done and is usually reliable

Cons

It only gets the job done, missing some bells/whistles/features to make it better for users

Nicolas

I have been one of the first customer of Spendesk, saved me a lot of time and mistakes

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Time saving, seamless approval workflow, team management, Xero integration

Time saving, seamless approval workflow, team management, Xero integration

Pros

Superb UX, Analytical coding, greatest Xero integration ever, no more corporate credit card, no more credit card reconciliation + I can empower my teammates and make them responsible for their budget + I am in control of my expenses without spending too much time in painfull approval workflow.

Cons

I want to use it for all my subsidiaries
OCR please ?
A dedicated email than I can use to forward my receipts directly to the solution would be great too

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Nicolas for this review! We will get in touch with you to make sure that all your subsidiaries can use Spendesk.

Ken

Happy to recommend

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

Pros

I have to say that I have been nothing but impressed by the Spendesk platform since we implemented it earlier this year. Tracking credit card expenditure was a manual painstaking process for us until we introduced Spendesk which involved chasing receipts and manually deriving accounting entries from a spreadsheet. I now have control and visibility across the business of the entire spend and am confident that I have the back up and approval processes for it in one location. You have managed to develop a cross platform UX that is easy for the user and the finance team alike and the reporting capability is second to none. I have no hesitation in giving a top rating and have since recommended it to other finance professionals.

Cons

If I had one suggestion it would be that the lead time of the physical cards is far too long and the cards themselves should be contactless.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Ken for your amazing review!
We are working right now in decreasing the time of the plastic card delivery and the contactless card is on its way. Stay tuned... ;-)

Pauline

Absolutely amazing tool to manage you team spendings

Reviewed on 2016/07/15

We implemented Spendesk as soon as we heard from them for my compan Hivy.
Hivy is a Saas helping...

We implemented Spendesk as soon as we heard from them for my compan Hivy.
Hivy is a Saas helping Office Managers to answer every employee needs.

What was the problem I was facing at Hivy? Well few corporate cards, not enough agility in the team when we needed to buy stuff online.
Spendesk was the perfect tool to make my team move faster.
I used Spendesk's product since the beginning - I love the fact that each time I have a question on the product, they quickly get back to me and do whatever is needed to solve my problem.
That's what I call customer support :)

Pros

Best customer support <3
Very smooth and user-friendly design
Custom Approval flow which is great when you go on vacations - you can really delegate the payment validation.

Cons

Cannot be used with existing corporate cards.

Response from Spendesk

Merci Pauline :)

xavi
  • Industry: Sports

Easy and amazing finance administration tool

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Pros

The fact that i can scan my receipts and upload them directly from the phone. Having a Visa credit card that links directly to the app and i don't have to use my personal one.

Cons

There are too many approvals needed for every single operation

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Xavi for your nice review. Concerning the number of approvals, it might come from the expense policy of your company. Feel free to contact our success team if you have any question about the use of Spendesk.

Thibault

Manages accounting better than other pieces of software!

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Pros

Spendesk allows me to pay in a B2B environment, while having full visibility on realtime spending and accounting at the end of the month!

Cons

I wish I had known before that I could connect Spendesk with my accounting software: I would have saved so much time!

Jonathan

Never be stuck waiting for the company card

Reviewed on 2019/08/04

Easy to use, super efficient, and keeps everything tidy (approval requests are logged, receipts can be attached to each expense, cards are issued for a specific vendor and with a maximum payment limit).

Pros

Every expense incurred by the team can be sent for approval, approved, and sent to the vendor instantly.

Cons

Certain vendors decline prepaid virtual cards, meaning it's back to the old hunting down the company card game.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Jonathan for your great review. We are indeed aware that some vendors do not accept our virtual cards. But we are looking to end this issue shortly. Have a nice day!

• Industry: Human Resources

Great solution

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Pros

Easy way to manage all the payments, you can change your cards like a pro.

Cons

Sometimes I need to change the amount credit allowed in a card, but once it's created, you can't change it.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your review.

Jules

Useful

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Pros

Intuitive, practical, incredible support.

Cons

Chatbot is always displayed even if I don't need help

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your great review Jules!

Natalie

Easy to use and an enjoyable experience

Reviewed on 2019/06/19

It makes my life (and my bosses life!) so much easier. By giving me a budget I can spend with I don't have to pester by boss for money/company card access. I don't have to wait for expenses to be paid at the end of each month, I don't even have to log expenses! I also don't have to worry about losing receipts as I upload them straight away, and if I don't, Spendesk reminds me and questions why. It's a very intuative and user friendly platform.

Pros

The app - the ability to instantly upload receipts on the go (and reminders if you don't!), updates on balance, pin easily available through the app.

Cons

The sign up process wasn't as smooth as it could have been, I can't remember why or how now as it was a while ago but I remember getting my card in the post, with little instruction/information about what to do next. I then managed to 'sign up' but didn't register my card for ages as I thought I'd done that by signing up.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Natalie for your amazing review! We're so happy to read all your feedbacks, and we improved our customer onboarding process to avoid further confusion as you just mentioned :)

Verónica

Simple and effective

Reviewed on 2022/09/27

Pros

Easy to use, the app has an intuitive design. The customer support is fast and efficient.

Cons

I had a few payment failures but they solve the issue almost immediately.

Omotayo

Spendesk Accounting software

Reviewed on 2022/03/10

Account Payables

Account Payables

Pros

I particularly love the ease of use of the interface

Cons

None that i can think of at the moment.

• Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Spendesk Review by a client

Reviewed on 2022/12/01

I am really happy to be able to use such a tool in our day to day operations

I am really happy to be able to use such a tool in our day to day operations

Pros

Tool makes it extremely easy to pay our monthly subscriptions for other tools we are using to operate our business and we don't have to deal with those processes

Cons

If you get different amounts every month for different subscriptions; you would have to get the amount approved by the approvers which could be a disadvantage since payment doesn't go through if that's the case

Edwin
Edwin
  • Industry: Entertainment

Saves countless hours

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

It’s globally amazing!

It’s globally amazing!

Pros

Accounting used to be quite painful for us. Immediate and automatic reconciliation saves us countless hours!

Cons

It’s hard to create temporary card on mobile.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Edwin for your amazing review, it means a lot to us. We're super glad that you enjoy using Spendesk and that we're helping you save lots of time! Wishing you a great day.

Daniella

Loving Spendesk!

Reviewed on 2022/03/08

Pros

Spendesk has a strong UX, making their software a breeze to use. In a couple clicks, I can submit requests for reimbursement, add my receipts, get a virtual card, etc. I love how simple the platform is. It makes my job a lot easier!

Cons

I can't say there's anything I dislike about the software. It meets all my needs and more.

André

Surprisingly helpful and efficient

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

Spendesk allowed WeTek to manage all the paperwork related to its employees T&E, using a more efficient and correct approach. We've also improved the flexibility regarding one-off online purchases and regular subscriptions. Expenses management became simpler and its platform is very intuitive. A very good experience and I would definitely recommend it.

Pros

Automatic supplier identification and the ability to invoice the amount of documents uploaded. The user reminder feature is very useful, as well as its reports.

Cons

It would be interesting to be able to select the expiration date of the issued credit cards. Also, physical credit cards should somehow enforce company spending policies.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you André for your amazing review! We're really glad to help you and all teams at WeTek dealing with spending management.

Timothee

accountant point of view

Reviewed on 2016/07/21

note: can't tell about "value for money".

I use spendesk mainly as an accountant, sometimes as...

note: can't tell about "value for money".

I use spendesk mainly as an accountant, sometimes as administrator or requester.

Pros

From an accountant point of view, it allows very easy follow-up for expenses and a great overview of missing receipts.
On classic accounts statements, you have few or no information about the expenses. Since our credit card was used by and for different departments in our company, it required me a lot of time to follow expenses and identify for what and for who the expense was. Very painful!

Spendesk completely solved this problem.

Cons

Honestly I don't see real cons as far as it goes. It's more about new features which would be great to be implemented.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Timothee for your nice review!

Bosko

Easy to use and great for keeping track of invoices

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Pros

There is no need to hand out real CC details all over the internet and the reminders about uploading receipts are very useful.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about spendesk to be honest, it does what it's mean to do.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Bosko for your amazing review. We are really happy to help you on a daily basis!

Ollie

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Pros

It's great to make purchases and ideal that I need not use my own card for online payments

Cons

There was an issue with where my approvals went initially though this may be because of my direct report within the company

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Ollie for your nice review. We are happy to make your life so much easier!

Mark
  • Industry: Events Services

Great simple tool

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Great software that allows me to finally no need to keep the receipts to claim expenses as a constant business traveller.

Pros

Simplicity design and able to track my spending

Cons

So far, the problems were solved and quite efficient.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Mark for your great review !

Daniele
  • Industry: Capital Markets

Great Experience

Reviewed on 2019/07/10

Pros

Ease of use makes it a top pick for corporate expences.

Cons

Lack of contactless functionality in its shocking violet cards.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Daniele for your nice review. Stay tuned, contactless might arrive soon, such as new design from the card... ;)

Makes a complex process quick painless

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

I regularly need to spend on incentives for gathering user feedback, and spendesk makes that process easy for me.

Pros

As a user of Spendesk, it's great to feel enabled to easily make work purchases without needing to worry about expense forms, or waiting for someone to give you a company card. It makes my workflow faster.

Cons

There's very little I don't like. I've only had two case where there was something in the UI that I didn't understand 100%, but it didn't prevent me from achieving what I needed to do.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your great review!

Roxana Georgiana
Roxana Georgiana
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Easiest way to track spending

Reviewed on 2022/10/14

Pros

I used this app on a business trip and it helped me to track the spendings. The app is intuitive and with a nice design, I liked that I didn’t used my own money because the company card was added to the app.

Cons

Seems that there are no analytics available on the app, but overall I have a good impression.