Spendesk

Smart, trackable spending at work. From Approvals to Zen.

4,8
4,7
4,7
4,9
4,8
Mark L.
Industry: Computer Hardware

Great efficiency tool for small companies

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Pros

It greatly improves the purchasing workflow, all the way through to payments and accounting. It decentralises purchasing, while keeping control of the whole process with the decision makers. It's very intuitive to use - I never have to train new employees on Spendesk. The customer support level is the best I've ever seen, and they are constantly adding new features and improving the existing ones.

Cons

It costs money. But compared to the employee time saved by using it, as well as the added value compared to manual processes, it's money very well spent.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Mark for your kind review. We are really happy to free you and your team from the hassle of paying at work!

Lucille G.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great tool to manage company expenses

Reviewed on 2019/07/10

Pros

- No need to pay first and expense later, you can directly use Spendesk virtual credit cards!
- No risk to forgot about sending the invoice to the finance team, Spendesk directly sends you a reminder
- You can generate recurring credit cards for recurring expenses

Cons

- Some companies or website don't accept virtual credit cards (but really few of them)

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Lucille for your great review. We are so happy to help you better manage all your business spendings :)

Jules W.
Industry: Computer Software

Useful

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Pros

Intuitive, practical, incredible support.

Cons

Chatbot is always displayed even if I don't need help

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your great review Jules!

Thiemo G.
Industry: Management Consulting

Excellent product that makes a messy, old-fashioned process truly digital and efficient.

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

Very reliable, solid product.

Pros

Software user interface, easy of use. End-to-end, very well though-trough experience and features.

Cons

Heavy pricepoint for smaller companies like us.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Thiemo for your nice review. All the team wishes you a great day!

Daniele Z.
Industry: Capital Markets

Great Experience

Reviewed on 2019/07/10

Pros

Ease of use makes it a top pick for corporate expences.

Cons

Lack of contactless functionality in its shocking violet cards.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Daniele for your nice review. Stay tuned, contactless might arrive soon, such as new design from the card... ;)

Laure A.
Industry: Internet

Such an easy way to handle my expenses at work

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

I love how quickly I understood the product. I didn't even need to be onboarded: everything felt very intuitive, very early on. Whenever I need to make a business expense, I don't even have to think about it twice, Spendesk makes it a breeze.

Cons

There's really little to dislike! It sometimes (but rarely) doesn't work on all payment systems but I know they're working on that.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Laure for your great review !

Camille M.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Awesome tool, giving a lot of freedom (and control at the same time) to many teams!

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

Super easy to use
Super smart, they thought of all the annoying details you go through when invoicing, pay, or have small orders.
Save so much time!
Fun emails, makes you commit and wanna use the tool!

Cons

I have nothing to say as a cons, really.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Camille for taking the time to give us such a kind review!

Charles D.

Great product ! Great team !

Reviewed on 2016/07/21

We are a small team and we use spendesk to simplify the follow up of expenses. All the team have an account so we do not need to lend the company credit card anymore

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Charles for this kind review!

Francesco C.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Spendesk...what a pleasure to use!

Reviewed on 2019/09/13

For short business trips this is considerably cheaper than using a corporate travel agent. Also great for business expenses and individual subscription services, be they magazines or services.

Pros

Clean interface and intuitively easy to use.

Cons

I have not yet found a feature that I dislike.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Francesco for your great review, we are happy to be by your side during your business travel. Wishing you a nice day!

Edwin J.
Industry: Entertainment

Saves countless hours

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

It’s globally amazing!

Pros

Accounting used to be quite painful for us. Immediate and automatic reconciliation saves us countless hours!

Cons

It’s hard to create temporary card on mobile.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Edwin for your amazing review, it means a lot to us. We're super glad that you enjoy using Spendesk and that we're helping you save lots of time! Wishing you a great day.

Lukas H.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great accounting automation for distributed teams

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

We're a small team scattered around Europa and Asia & thanks to Spendesk, much of our accounting, requesting payments & doing personal expenses has been automated - giving us more time to focus on developing our business rather than filing manual reports & chasing receipts across departments.

Pros

- Spendesk allows to automate payments & approvals for business expenses and provides great overview over who owns which transactions, establishing great accountability
- The accounting integration (in Germany) was easy and straightforward
- Great approval flows
- It's possible to set up multiple teams & entities, modeling complex organizational structures

Cons

- Due to a change in Spendesk's internal processes in preparation for Brexit the onboarding process took 3-4 weeks, which wasn't well communicated in advance
- Each credit card's limit must be backed by money pre-loaded onto the bank account - and each card's limit needs to be 100% backed, effectively tying up an entire month of "worst case scenario" working capital
- Currency conversion charges are quite high

Response from Spendesk

Hello Lukas, and thank you very much for your very detailed review. We are sorry that you faced some issues while using Spendesk. Don't hesitate to contact our support team anytime you need, we are available for you. Have a nice day!

Nicolas G.
Industry: E-Learning

I have been one of the first customer of Spendesk, saved me a lot of time and mistakes

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Time saving, seamless approval workflow, team management, Xero integration

Pros

Superb UX, Analytical coding, greatest Xero integration ever, no more corporate credit card, no more credit card reconciliation + I can empower my teammates and make them responsible for their budget + I am in control of my expenses without spending too much time in painfull approval workflow.

Cons

I want to use it for all my subsidiaries
OCR please ?
A dedicated email than I can use to forward my receipts directly to the solution would be great too

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Nicolas for this review! We will get in touch with you to make sure that all your subsidiaries can use Spendesk.

Megan H.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

The simplest way to expense!

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

Great!

Pros

The app on this and the way you can instantly upload the receipts make this so much easier! Better than complicated spreadsheets and weeks of waiting before, Spendesk makes it so easy

Cons

Only con is that my card doesn't have contactless but I understand the new cards do.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Megan for your amazing review. And yes, the contactless card are coming...stay tuned!

Catherine L.

Drivy - Catherine La Branche-Chabo

Reviewed on 2016/07/21

Use both online card and plastic card. Both are very useful to me. It allows me to stop using the usual Business MasterCard.

Pros

Super easy to use, save us a lot of time, hurray for the copy-paste option!

Just really convenient to clic on a button when I've reached the limit of spending.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Catherine for spending time on giving us this great review!

Bosko K.
Industry: Financial Services

Easy to use and great for keeping track of invoices

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Pros

There is no need to hand out real CC details all over the internet and the reminders about uploading receipts are very useful.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about spendesk to be honest, it does what it's mean to do.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Bosko for your amazing review. We are really happy to help you on a daily basis!

Ollie D.
Industry: Real Estate

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

Pros

It's great to make purchases and ideal that I need not use my own card for online payments

Cons

There was an issue with where my approvals went initially though this may be because of my direct report within the company

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Ollie for your nice review. We are happy to make your life so much easier!

Sakshi P.
Industry: Market Research

Easy to use with simple UX

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Overall very easy to use
Clean interface

Pros

Simple UX
Automated reading for date and price
Intuitve

Cons

Cannot create one consolidated report with multiple items for one trip

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Skashi for taking time to give us this nice review!

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Great solution for managing payments

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

Pros

Payments are centralized and it's very easy to use and to deploy in the company.

Cons

The time to generate virtual cards can be a little bit long.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your nice review!

Thang N.

Easy invoicing

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

I mostly use Spendeck to get reimbursement for sending my invoices to the platform. The whole process is very easy to follow and help both me and the owner to track spending and take action in timely manner.

Pros

Spendesk is very easy to use. Biggest plus for me is their mobile app - I can log my expense on the go and never forget anything. Approval process is painless for employee and admin.

Cons

Sometime the UI and texts on the mobile app and their web app is mismatch slightly, but nothing major.

Michael W.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

very easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

perfect

Pros

easy to use. i like that it is instantly approved for use. the single use cards work very well. easy to upload invoices.

Cons

had to use desktop to upload invoices as that was the easiest way. would be good if this was easy on phone.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Michael for your nice review!

Clemens T.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Solved our problem with missing receipts

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

It is a great tool to manage expenses of your colleagues and providing them with budget without missing a receipt.

Pros

-No missing receipts anymore
-Easy management of expenses
-Easy management of subscribtions
-Virtual credit-cards for purchases

Cons

-Seems to have different functionality on app and on the web app which can be confusing in the beginning.

Response from Spendesk

Thanks so much for your review Clemens. We're glad you're catching all those receipts!
- The Spendesk team

Ferdinand S.
Industry: E-Learning

Improvements

Reviewed on 2019/06/17

Paying all over the US when travelling. Helps with keeping track of company expenses.

Pros

Easy to mangae/upload your receipts when you are travelling.

Cons

-Spendesk card doesn't work in many places (Trader Joe's for example)
-With the app you can only take photos from receipts. It would be a great improvement if you could make a photo that recognizes the receipt (adapts the borders automatically) and that converts it to a pdf.

Response from Spendesk

Dear Ferdinand, thank you for your review. The good news is our new mobile app will be launching soon, and includes a new feature to automatically crop receipt photos. Sorry to hear about the issues you had overseas, we've passed your comments on to our product team to investigate further.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Ken O.

Happy to recommend

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

Pros

I have to say that I have been nothing but impressed by the Spendesk platform since we implemented it earlier this year. Tracking credit card expenditure was a manual painstaking process for us until we introduced Spendesk which involved chasing receipts and manually deriving accounting entries from a spreadsheet. I now have control and visibility across the business of the entire spend and am confident that I have the back up and approval processes for it in one location. You have managed to develop a cross platform UX that is easy for the user and the finance team alike and the reporting capability is second to none. I have no hesitation in giving a top rating and have since recommended it to other finance professionals.

Cons

If I had one suggestion it would be that the lead time of the physical cards is far too long and the cards themselves should be contactless.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Ken for your amazing review!
We are working right now in decreasing the time of the plastic card delivery and the contactless card is on its way. Stay tuned... ;-)

Sandro M.

Forest Admin uses Spendesk

Reviewed on 2016/07/13

Forest is a Saas company. As any saas company we have a lot of online spending : IT, subscriptions (git, adobe, etc) or travel expenses to visit our customers.
We had only 1 credit card (mine) B.S (as Before Spendesk :p) which was used for every subscription leading to problems. I could not have a clear view on all my subscriptions ! I was also blocked because of spending monthly limit...

Using Spendesk helped me to control each and every one of my subscription + no monthly limit.

I also use Spendesk for all my online spending and don't lose time at the end of the month chasing for invoices (something which is time-consuming and that I hate on a personal level).

Pros

issue 1 card per subscription with budgets
autonomy given to the other guys in my teams -> they can do the purchases themselves and I can use the customized approval flow to delegate the validation

Cons

I am the one not putting my invoices on the platform now and my accountant knows exactly that this is not on one of my employees' side

Response from Spendesk

Thanks for your feedbacks Sandro ! Glad to see that Spendesk helps you at Forest :)

Karim F.
Industry: Education Management

Easy, Painless, Efficient

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Pros

- Easy to use
- Intuitive
- Easy to manage user accesses and spending policies, to avoid creating complex procedures
- Easy to upload receipts (email address for automatic matching of invoices, native app for pictures etc.)
- can integrate with accounting

All in all I think spendesk allows us to gain time and control over many administrative tasks, enabling us to focus more on our business.

Cons

- Sometimes the plastic cards fail without any reason at some shops, this is a problem because it blocks us to buy things when we need them the most (ie at the cashier of a shop). But the CS team helps fairly quickly and solves the issue.