Compease

Compensation management and merit planning software

• Industry: Government Administration

Ok Compensation Solution

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

It is just ok. There are a million payroll/compensation solutions and this is about the middle of the road. If I had been in position when this was selected, I would have advocated for a different solution.

Pros

I really like the merit increase planning tool. That definitely is a time saver and helps to streamline our process flow. The projections tools are helpful as well, especially in budget crunch times.

Cons

It is advertised with "robust" data analysis tools. I certainly wouldn't consider this solution as "robust." It's just ok.

Response from HR Performance Solutions

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. We are so glad to hear that the merit increase planning and projection tools have been able to streamline your process flows. We understand how busy HR professionals are and the hope is to make these needed processes as efficient as possible.

We would love to find out more about your data analysis needs and how we can make using Compease a better experience for you and your organization. Will you please reach out to us and tell us how we can connect with you?

All the best,

The Compease Family.

Denise R.

Excellent product

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

The only time I have problems is when it is appraisal time and trying to get Compease and PerformancePro to work together for me. But considering we only do it once a year, I forget.

Pros

Its ease of use! It is easy to find the answer if you don't remember it.

Cons

There is really nothing I don't like about it. It is very easy to use and understand.

Response from HR Performance Solutions

Hi Denise,

Thanks for providing us feedback! So excited to hear that the product has been easy to use and provides you the resources needed in those moments when you can't remember. Trust me, we all have those moments!

If you should ever need any additional assistance during your appraisal season, don't hesitate to connect with one of your Compease Support Specialists.

Thanks again,

The Compease Family

Peter S.

Very Easy easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/11/03

Ability to market price jobs

Pros

Reporting features. Easy to create new job. The ability to override job evaluation system. The ability to change job descriptions

Cons

Does not have enough Benchmark Jobs. Does not have data for Credit unions over 2 million. I do not like the evaluation system. It is too rigid

Deb E.
  • Industry: Insurance

Easy to navigate and excellent support staff.

Reviewed on 2017/07/16

Pros

The salary information is current and relevant based on demographics - industry, asset size, and region.
Ability to generate reports based on variables.

William B.
  • Industry: Government Administration

It is a simple functional tool that lets keep jobs in alignment based on duties and...

Reviewed on 2017/07/14

standardized way of classing positions in a pay grade

Pros

simple to use, keeps our various jobs aligned to assist in maintaining equal pay for equal work, and seeing our pay is competitive within our region for similar jobs. Provide a mechanism for grouping jobs within a pay grade and providing the justification should you ever need.

Cons

Our biggest dislike is it is not compatible with our enterprise software so maintenance is an additional step and falls behind as salaries change

Becky D.

Extremely easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/07/20

Pros

ease of writing Job Descriptions, making edits and benchmark job descriptions to compare. Web based environment allows additional managers to have access. Great reference documentation via the site to eliminate need to make a call or email an inquiry.

Cons

missed their survey email reminder, when update is made can be slow to complete-could be us or busy network day.

Shannon K.

I've used it to metric our compensation package for the past 5 years

Reviewed on 2016/03/03

User friendly. Timely compensation data at year end. Easy to upload our comp data to be considered with their full comp data release at year end. Good resource center for financial job titles and base job descriptions. Easy to manipulate and customize metrics for pay-for-performance rate suggestions. Customizable (to a point) job grading scale. Able to override system suggestions. Can easily move back and forth between years and/or pay levels P25, P50, P75. Compensation based on asset size, region- able to remain competitive and/or place ourselves as an employer of choice based on pay scale.

Paula M.

Simple and Defensible

Reviewed on 2015/12/08

We've been using Compease since 2010 with very good results. It provides a sound and time-tested process that is defensible should it ever be challenged. Moving from an informal, manual process to a formal, automated platform resulted in some pushback, but ultimately simplified and validated our compensation program. The data behind the system is comprehensive and relevant and our client rep and the company personnel are highly responsive.

Jane H.

Exceptional and easy to use all aspects of the Compease software

Reviewed on 2015/08/24

Compease is very user friendly. It is also comprehensive and helps with comparisons and resolution of any salary issues that may arise. It keeps us informed with the annual updates for salary offerings and on the cutting edge of ensuring we are using the correct salary information for our staff. Runs our reports accurately and ensures we are providing the most competitive salary within our industry.

Joe M.

Very helpful determining salary levels

Reviewed on 2015/09/29

We are unique in that we are a credit union, and our compensation is handled by our sponsor company. As such, they have been open to considering our recommendation for associate salaries, because they took time to research HRN CompEase and found it to be a solid, valuable salary pricing tool.

Sherri H.

Long time Compease customer

Reviewed on 2015/09/14

I have worked with Compease since 1999, so I have worked with it as "software" & now as a web based service. I am very pleased with the user-friendly ease of use, as well as the competence of the customer service reps I have dealt with.

Laura N.

user-friendly, accurate

Reviewed on 2015/09/14

Pros - gives me accurate data to ensure I am competitive within the market and industry.

Julie B.

Very easy to use.

Reviewed on 2016/05/12

Nothing but great things to say about the software.

Bryttani G.

Compease

Reviewed on 2016/01/22

Great system to use for ensuring appropriate salary levels

Diane M.

Compease has been a great resource for setting and tracking salary ranges.

Reviewed on 2018/02/05

We have a more accurate salary range for all of our positions since we no longer have to match a position to a title in a book. The system allows us to be more efficient when providing salary information to managers.

Pros

The website is very user friendly. You can either choose to use one of the sample job descriptions available on the website or use one of your own to assess the salary range for a position which is beneficial. The customer service has been excellent.

Julie K.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

We have been using the Compease software since 2008 and are very pleased with the results.

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

The Compease system allowed us to evaluate our staff positions using a consistent approach and methodology rather than the home-grown system we were using. Due to the consistency of this product, for the first time we felt confident in posting the staff salary grades and salary schedules for access by our employees.

Pros

The ease of use by both our supervisors and the HR staff, as well as the consistency it brings to the evaluation of our staff positions. We also like that the software is now Cloud-based rather than PC-based allowing you to access the system from anywhere.

Cons

In the Job Master section, sometimes the slider bar which allows you to quickly access positions on the list doesn't show up.

Jane H.

The Best

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

The service, the team and all parts of the system and software are awesome. Everyone and everything is so user friendly.

Pros

Since integration, it's a time saver. Love it's ease of use and the support we get if and when needed.

Cons

None that I know of. I've never encountered any issues that would make me dislike this software.

Response from HR Performance Solutions

Hi There,

Thank you so much for the feedback Jane and we are happy to hear that the integration was a success and a time saver! It is also great to hear that you have had a great experience with our software and our amazing support team, I know they have enjoyed working with you as well.

If there is anything you need, please do not hesitate to reach out and thank you for your continued business.

All the best!

The Compease Family

Ann K.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Very good. It is a very easy software to use and update.

Reviewed on 2018/04/02

Pros

The ability to run different the matrix and see the results immediately. It is very easy to add or update job descriptions. We recently integrated with Performance Pro which eliminates the need to add new employees to two different system which saves time.

Cons

Perhaps it may be the user and the need to educate oneself on the process, but when I ran a matrix based on the anniversary date, it did not seem to calculate like I thought it would. We are in the process of perhaps changing when wages are increased from year-end to anniversary date and would like to calculate the cost for the year.

Chesney D.

Great tool!

Reviewed on 2017/07/17

Time it takes to create a pay scale is amazingly short. Also nice to have a back up when Management asks why a position is placed where it is on the scale.

Pros

The software is easy to use, the compensation information is accurate, and I feel they have great customer service.

Cons

If we get a warning when inputting an employee, it would be nice to be able to override it if there are organizational exceptions.

Nancy S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Outstanding

Reviewed on 2017/07/14

We are a new company and we did not have a salary system setup that was fair and equitable for everyone concerned. Since we started using Compease we now have a salary base for each of our positions in the company and because it ties in with Performance Pro it puts more merit into the performance appraisals. Also, the comp reports help show us where our employees stand in relations to the rest of the industry giving our salary base meaning and helps us to be fair and equitable with our employees.

Pros

How easy it is to use. How helpful it is when it is time to figure raises. How it ties in with Performance Pro's appraisal system. I really like all of the different reports it offers for our company.

Serein A.

We had a wonderful experience with the training and implementation

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Customer rep. was very helpful with the training. I have only had to reach out to customer service one time and they were also great!

Pros

My favorite thing about the software is how easy the website is to use. Things like updating employees and downloading reports only takes a few minutes!

Alisa N.

Very good experience. Easy to navigate. Customer Service excellent.

Reviewed on 2017/09/20

Pros

Provides meaningful salary ranges so I can have a meaningful salary administration program. Aids in developing job descriptions.

Cons

Nothing really. I don't like having to break down duties by percentages, but I work around that. I do understand why Compease uses the feature.

Elizabeth J.
  • Industry: Banking

I have been using this tool for almost 10 years. One of the most comprehensive tools in the...

Reviewed on 2017/07/14

Pros

This tool is very easy of use, from set-up on through report running I have not encountered any issues.

Cons

I have no significant issues with the software. In fact, the software is easy to use. The only recommendation is that I would like to see a bridge to our HRIS.

Virginia B.

The customer support is great. I really appreciated the on-site meetings/training we...

Reviewed on 2018/05/31

A customized compensation structure that we will be able to easily keep updated and relevant from year to year.

Pros

It was far easier to learn and use than I anticipated. I really liked having someone come to our site to meet with managers, explain the process and assist in getting relevant information from them to produce effective results.

Cons

There are a lot of features that I haven't yet tried, but expect them to be as user friendly as any others.

Response from HR Performance Solutions

Hi Virginia,
Thanks for the 5-star review! Your feedback about Performance Pro being easy to learn is something we hear pretty frequently. Once you get in the application things become pretty intuitive pretty quickly.
Whenever you have questions about the features you haven't used yet, give us a call. We'll be glad to help.

Rod L.

Incredible tool at a great price!

Reviewed on 2016/01/21

Compease saves me from having to add a "compensation" member to my HR team. Their comprehensive salary reports and intuitive position grading system have been a great tool for managing both internal and external compensation equity. Their team has been responsive and helpful and spent considerable time with my organization to make sure that the results were exactly what we needed.