ServiceTitan

#1 Management Software for Service Contractors.

Marlin C.

Best in the biz

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

It’s allowed us to be effective with every workflow, from taking calls to following up on jobs.

Pros

Feature set and workflows are the best in the industry. Support is top notch. Software is reliable. The pages just load in a snap unlike our last software.

Cons

Like any software change, it was a learning curve. But our success team helps us use the software efficiently and answer any questions we have.

Response from ServiceTitan

Thank you for taking time to review ServiceTitan and for being a customer. We built ServiceTitan to help contractors like you run their business more successfully.

We look forward to celebrating all of your future successes.

Erin M.

It's Ok

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

I think it is ok so far, lots of new things I am learning but it is ok.

Pros

It's easy to do certain things on there but I feel it's easy to maneuver if you are a dispatcher, being a preventive maintenance coordinator it has it's flaws.

Cons

I don't like the recurring service task because it doesn't have a lot of information. You have to dig deeper in a account to make sure we have the right information.

Response from ServiceTitan

Hi Erin, Thank you so much for taking time to review ServiceTitan. We pride ourselves on making our platform easy to learn and intuitive to use, and during those times when it's not, our great support team is always here to assist. Looking forward to continuing to help your business grow.

Anthony H.

Well worth the money!

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

I was a Service Titan user while working at another company and when I left that company to start my own company, I was presented with a tough decision on which Home Service software I would use. Because I already had experience with Service Titan, I thought it would be good to test out another provider. I signed up with another provider, went through the onboarding process, and disliked the entire process and software. I ended up cancelling my service with the other provider before we went live as a company, and switched over to Service Titan, which looking back, is probably the best decision I ever made for my company.

Pros

Service Titan offers a lot of features, they have great ways for you to learn the software, and are always looking for ways they can bring more value to their customers. Every person I have worked with at Service Titan has been helpful, kind, and happy to be of service. Additionally, they are really helping create a community of contractors that allows you to connect and get ideas from other contractors through a lot of their networking channels.

Cons

The reason most contractors complain about all these home service software companies is because they are contractors who work with their hands and are not yet comfortable with the technology. There is a pretty big learning curve to go from whatever system was being used before, but I assure you, if you fully commit, give it your all, Service Titan should be able to help your business grow in new and exciting ways, and in the long term, will likely reduce your overall operating costs because of how many things can be automated.

Response from ServiceTitan

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us and choosing ServiceTitan. We love hearing from our customers. Our mission is to provide cutting edge tools for the trades that are both easy to use and dramatically improve your operations. We're happy to hear that you love ServiceTitan and that you decided to go with ServiceTitan when you started your own company. We look forward to celebrating your continued success together.

Darius P.

Excellent Field Management for an affordable price

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

No software solution is going to be perfect or completely handle everything you need (not without major cost at least!)
Overall ServiceTitan handles everything we need and provides accurate accounting as well.

Pros

ServiceTitan excels really well at providing technicians in the field with tools they need to estimate, sell and install/repair for residential customers. The mobile app is beautiful and easy to use. I love how technicians can create quick quotes from estimate templates, show pictures and pricing, good/better/best options and financing and even take payments and signatures on the go. You can even create custom forms such as troubleshooting and job arrival/completion forms.

Cons

ServiceTitan is not the best solution for commercial business. Creating quotes from the office is still not efficient, could be done differently. Multi-day jobs are confusing to figure out.

Maria K.

ST for All Contractors

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

ServiceTitan is extremely easy to use. All processes are designed to get things done quickly. And you can use the system from anywhere.

Pros

I love that the engineers of the software are constantly changing it to better the software. Then there is a notification of what has changed and how it will benefit the user moving forward.

Cons

This is a simi-difficult questions. There's not a lot to dislike about the software, changes occur so frequently that most users are able to adapt to the new of the software and forget about what was bad. I personally feel that ST engineers take the feedback left on their community page and work to improve the flaws that users point out.

Response from ServiceTitan

Maria,

Wow! Thanks so much for the awesome review.

We're committed to making ServiceTitan the best software solution for contractors. That means talking to our customers, listening to their feedback, and constantly improving.

Thank you for your support and for making your voice heard. We're excited to continue partnering with you.

Adam C.

Best Software for the Home Service Industry

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Pros

The automation of work flows previously done by people in the office is amazing. I am continually trying to learn about new features so that we can continue to make our company more lean and make our investment in Service Titan that much more valuable. It truly is a world class software and there is nothing even close to it. Our company has had 4 CRMs in 6 years and we have found our long term home.

Cons

It revealed so many areas where we were lacking and that is uncomfortable to find out about your business. There were many new work flows that we needed to create but it really helped drive our business forward, increased our sales, and is allowing us to run a modern home service business.

Anthony D.

Separate yourself from your competition!

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

We have been on for a year now and there is no way we would go back. Set-up and transition were hard, but well worth it in the end.

Pros

The customer side of this software is a difference maker. The automated appointment reminder texts and emails, the text and emails sent when we dispatch, and the map for our customers to see real time arrival of our plumbers are incredible.

Cons

The only down side we have seen is that the reports and tracking in Service Titan are mainly geared towards a commission based pay system and we do not pay on commission. Even with that we have found ways to get the information we need.

Response from ServiceTitan

Anthony,

Thank you for taking the time to review ServiceTitan.

It's an honor to work with companies like yours that are paving the future for other contractors. We appreciate your partnership as we continue to adapt to find new opportunities for hard-working home service shops.

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

Service Titan for small service company

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

Overall it is a decent experience so far. We are still working through the kinks and learning things, but so far it's been okay. I wish they would make a few changes that I'm sure they're getting through their chats with customers.

Pros

Their customer service help is great - you can email or chat with them almost instantly and they can access your account settings, permissions, etc. and help you figure out how to do things if you aren't sure. It has a lot of features that are nice to have in one place to eliminate the need for multiple softwares or programs to run your business.

Cons

Some of the invoicing is kind of clunky, it is not always clean and easy to read. If a customer happens to have multiple invoices, there is no way to send it as just one total, you have to send separate invoices, and the customer cannot pay just one grand total; they would have to pay multiple separate times - nobody wants to do that. They offer a texting feature so you can send out texts to your employees, and the program sends out automated texts to employees about their jobs, but there is no way to respond to those texts. That is very inconvenient and doesn't make much sense to me.

Nick M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Opinion from an accounting professional

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

Service Titan has been a great solution for our company (HVAC 30 employees 5M). Reporting, accounting, and dispatching have all been simplified because of this software. The transition was a bit difficult at first but that was over in a week. Also, ST customer service has been phenomnal. I get on live chats all the time and most issues are resolved promptly.

Pros

The integration of payments in Service Titan and how easily it communicates with accounting software (Quickbooks).

Cons

All adjusting entries for AR have to be done in Service Titan. It was a pain at first but it makes sense. You want Service Titan and accouting software to be as close to one to one as possible.

Lola M.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Overall Review

Reviewed on 2017/01/30

I enjoy using this software program. It is easy to navigate and easy to train our technicians on how to use the software. We also have the app on our work phones for this software and it works efficiently and has given us the opportunity to track and measure our technicians schedules. This is very crucial to our business because we need to stay on top of dispatch, arrival, and completion of our jobs. I have always had great success in communicating with the support team when I have questions or concerns. They are easy to reach and always very helpful when I need answers to questions.

Pros

Easy to navigate

Cons

Color scheme for specific technicians would be helpful if I could assign a color to each technician for scheduling purposes.

Tricia B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Service Titan is the way to go!

Overall, a great experience with Service Titan

Pros

Service Titan is so user friendly and simplistic to use, dispute all of the amazing information it provides, it is perfect for anyone no matter what their ability is with technology.

Cons

I wish it was more Sales friendly for the salesmen at my company and measuring their numbers. But as the name states, Service Titan is great for that all on the service/install end.

Henry L.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Useful in our HVAC & Plumbing Industry.

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

Pros

I've been using ServiceTitan for 1.5 years and counting. In my opinion, it is definitely a robust and aesthetic way of managing your technicians and tracking their productivity. Seems highly customizable in a lot of prompts as well.

Cons

I really can't name a con for the product. Only thing I can think of is sometimes ServiceTitan lags and that can hamper your operations momentarily.

Claire L.

Amazing product and company!

Reviewed on 2014/06/27

Everything that we have always wanted to have taken care of with our growing business is done using this product. We had been using Smart Service (don't ever purchase) and the difference in time saved between the two products is astounding. We had all the office staff trained in two days and were able to train someone to help cover the phones and dispatching in half a day. If we do get stuck on something the help tab can help us remedy the problem we are having fast with quick three minute videos of how to complete whatever you are trying to do. The flexibility in the payroll part has been huge for us as we are a flat rate based company that pays per billable hour. It used to take me 6 hours to complete payroll and I just did my first payroll using service titan in less than 3 hours using their reports that are automatically generated. It is so intuitive and easy to use. One glitch that has come up has been the transfer over to quickbooks, if a customer's name is too long, it won't send it over. Even so when I have had a problem I am responded to by customer service immediately which is huge! Their customer service is great and I find it refreshing to have a company ask you for feedback, which they do regularly. You can tell this is a company that likes to constantly improve what they are doing and are based on what their customer's want and need. This product also is helping us not focus on surviving but will enable us to thrive.

Service Titan review

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

We are relatively new to Service Titan, but have been please overall. Our service techs love it!

Pros

I'm a big fan of all the daily reporting that is important to our business.

Cons

The training and onboarding process is tedious. I understand it's a lot of information to cover, but it's time consuming.

Response from ServiceTitan

Thanks so much for reviewing ServiceTitan. We're thrilled your techs love the platform.

It's messages like yours that motivate us each day to continue building the very best product for the home services industry.

Dalton S.

Working out the Kinks

Reviewed on 2016/05/24

Pros

Almost everything is integrated into the same program. We don't need separate call tracking, marketing tracking, employee tracking. It is all right there.

Cons

Some of the aspects of the site and app are a bit wonky and confining. For example, the inability to upload our own documents into "Forms," a very helpful menu. In order to put our contract into that tab, we would have to destroy our formatting and use the awkward and clunky form inputting feature. Furthermore, we have no real way to delete jobs, so unless our techs go through and manually complete each one they are assigned to, even if the client didn't actually have work done, jobs show up and clutter their pages. Most of our techs have jobs on their home pages from January.

Emily M.

The software is very very busy and after almost a year in July we are still trying to figure...

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

I like that you can put jobs on hold, so if we're waiting on parts the ticket doesn't get lost. It's nice to be able to call through service titan so there's accountability with what was said and when the customer was called.

Cons

It's very busy and very confusing. There's a lot of clicks to get to something simple, like trying to get a P.O. number established for a vendor.

Masa N.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Service Pros dream app

Reviewed on 2019/07/19

Pros

This is the holy grail of scheduling systems. It has everything you need in a nice package that doesnt hurt the pocket book.

Cons

It does not run as fast as other softwares I've tried, it could be my computer?

Response from ServiceTitan

Masa,

Thank you for taking the time to review ServiceTitan. We're thrilled you were impressed with our platform and humbled you decided to share your experience. We'd love the opportunity to work with you again in the future and wish you all the best for your continued growth and success!

Adriana L.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

I LOVE HOW EASY IT IS TO MAKE AND BOOK CALLS

Reviewed on 2019/09/18

THE CUSOMER SERVICE IS ALWAYS RIGHT THERE TO HELP YO U

Pros

THE SOFTARE IS SO EASY TO WORK WITH FROM ANSWERING CALLS TO BOOKING CALLS, ITS AS EASY AS 1,2, 3, I WOULD RECOMMEND IT

Cons

ITS SO SIMPLE, I DONT HAVE ANYTHNG NEGATIVE TO SAY ABOUT IT I LOVE HOW EASY IT IS TO WORK WITH

Ruben L.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 2020/02/15

My overall experience with service titan was great I really enjoyed it

Pros

The software was very simple to use I could upload multiple pictures and present to my client at the same time which was great

Cons

It was during the beginning that it would freeze then kick me out of the program and at times I would have to reset my entire iPad

Response from ServiceTitan

Thank you so much for taking the time to review ServiceTitan. We pride ourselves on making our platform easy to learn and intuitive to use, and during those times when it's not, our great support team is always here to assist. We've got lots of exciting releases planned for this year. Stay tuned! And we look forward to celebrating your continued success together

Giles E.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Lots of features, yet complicated process

Reviewed on 2019/05/25

Pros

Price book. Locked in format of pricing, I don't have to change it for each customer.

Cons

It is complicated to get things done and finalize with customers. There are a lot of steps to have to go through to use it.

Response from ServiceTitan

Giles,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review ServiceTitan. We've been working hard to build an amazing pricebook experience for our customers and are thrilled you think so, too.

We're excited to have you on board. Please do reach out to your success rep if there's anything we can do to be of help.

Cosme E.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

We love Service Titan

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Being in the real estate industry we have some hvac units that go out sporadically. With ServiceTitan they have a very user friendly system that links up to accounting and has a great looking design and color scheme.

Pros

Modern design and straight forward functions that allow invoicing more efficiently.

Cons

I wish the live updates were more fast and some of the data took awhile to update in our system.

Response from ServiceTitan

Cosme,

Thanks for the review. We love you, too!

Edan B.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2015/12/23

Pros

Completely paperless. Extremely easy for technicians to understand and use. Visual pricebook enables technicians to create options very quickly and efficiently. Great customer support. Software is always improving based on user feedback.

Cons

Price. This is one of those things where the product is expensive but worth it.

Vicki L.

Invoice and Estimate Issues

Reviewed on 2016/01/27

Matthew Huber is my go-to-genius as I have worked with him continuously regarding any issues I have in any area of Service Titan so he knows me well. We began a session yesterday and I had to leave before we were able to complete the issue and he told me what time I could reach him the next day and we were able to get on a shared screen session which was the best idea thus far as I am a visual person therefore I felt like i was in the same room with him going step-by-step and not only were we able to resolve the problem at hand we were also able to resolve some other issues that came up as well. Matthew has been very patient with me and I truly appreciate his professionalism as well as expertise with Service Titan!

Sarah C.

Software SAVES you Money and Makes you Money

Reviewed on 2015/12/01

After using Service Titan for numerous months, it has been game changing for our company. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a robust system to integrate their service company and streamline their business. Because we are growing (ServiceTitan has helped track sales, avg tickets, closing rates, etc) having this software has allowed us to maintain the same number of office personnel but grow our technicians. We no longer need to spend countless hours entering paper sales receipts in QB nor running reports - ServiceTitan will do this all for us! And their customer service is Second To None! We will not even think about going elsewhere. Great product, awesome customer service.

Elizabeth H.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Service Manager

Reviewed on 2017/06/05

Pros

Schedule the engineers, maintain a database of services and be able to sign the reports, purchase orders, base date an report spare parts and other things.