ServiceTitan

Management Software for Service Contractors.

Angelia
Angelia
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Office Manager

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

I don't have a lot of negative things to say about Service Titan, our company as a whole has seen improvements at all levels. We are very happy that we made the jump to Service Titan and look forward to the additional releases.

Pros

We are a growing Plumbing & HVAC company and we were looking for solutions to be more in line with today's digital world. We love the call booking and dispatch notifications to customers. It allows customer's to know exactly when to expect their technician. Our CSR and Dispatch love the incoming call information for existing customer's that pre-populates for them, it allows us to give a personal touch when answering the phone and gives the customer a great experience. Our Service Manager loves the Dashboard and reporting, it allows him to see exactly where the technician's are at throughout the month and allows him to provide coaching when needed to help his teams reach goals. We recently starting using the timesheets within Service Titan as well - this has allowed us to manage our technician's time with ease and the technician's no longer have to try to remember where they were and at what time. There are so many features and we love the fact that Service Titan listens to their Customers/Users and are always working to improve their existing features and adding more features to make their user experience exceptional.

Cons

Follow-Up Section and Memberships need updating, but Service Titan has listened to their users are in the process of providing updates to these features. Payroll/Timesheets needs to be more versitle and needs customization, but again Service Titan is working on this as well.

Response from ServiceTitan

Angelia,

Chloe
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Its Because of ServiceTitan

Reviewed on 2021/04/14

Pros

Success Manager is absolutely amazing! Her name is Ari and she goes above and beyond for our company when it comes to adding additional features that aren't a part of the default software. Love ServiceTitan and all that it has to offer.

Cons

You do have to put time into the software. However, if you do take the time, learn the features, build out the process, and implement it, then you can take your business to the next level.

Response from ServiceTitan

Wow, thank you for sharing this feedback and congrats on all the success you are seeing! At ServiceTitan, we're truly humbled to be a part of our customers' success stories and reviews like this one remind us that our hard work towards supporting tradespeople and service professionals can really pay off. Thanks for choosing ServiceTitan and for sharing this experience with us.

Hunter

False Promises and Never Ending Issues

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

False Promises and lack of responsibility is probably the most accurate description I could give to service Titan. We started our implementation back in December and finally went live after a very long drawn out process in March. We have since had a never ending list of problems. The only options given to us at times is to message our success manager who seems way to busy to responding in a week or use technical support which also seems to be a waste because they can never fix anything and have to send it up to someone else who might reason back to you in a week and still have no solution.
I feel like the product is only partial complete. We are experiencing issues like have entire calls not show up on our dispatch board after a feature was turned on. Even though these calls were booked and confirmed but the only way we find out we missed a call is when a customer calls mad that they waited all day for us but we have no idea.
Other major data transition issues which I have had 3 full time employees try to fix some of the issues manually to try to stay in business because the response time on any of the data technicians is 1 week. Then to find out the data technicians will wipe out everything back to the stone ages again and again or just create some entirely new problem.
Their so called data technician seem to not understand simple MySQL database calls in order to retrieve your data. I leaned how to export my data from MySQL watching free tutorials on YouTube. BTW I am an

Pros

I like the notion of better reporting. easier dispatch system, a new type of price book, call tracking

Cons

Never ending issues with getting any issues resolved. The implementation people just want to rush you in and out and avoid all the problems. The Success managers are too busy to fix any problems and you are stuck fending for yourself. At the same time dealing with angry customers.

Response from ServiceTitan

Hi Hunter,

We're so sorry to hear about your experience. We appreciate your feedback. We have shared your feedback with our Implementation and Success our team. Feedback really helps us improve our business We're working hard to improve our offerings and deliver an overall better customer experience. We look forward to better serving you and helping your business, especially during these difficult times.

Leticia

My ST Review

Reviewed on 2023/10/27

4 STARS. I like working with Service Titan and Titan Advisor to improve our processes and learn how to use the software to the best of our ability

Pros

I like that ST works on improving processes on a consistent basis. They cover all necessities and they take their users suggestions for improvements

Cons

I want more ability to create complex reporting options. Also, there are many configurations that can make our lives easier that we don't find out about until we reach out for an issue that it can solve.

Response from ServiceTitan

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, Leticia. We're glad you're a part of the ServiceTitan community! Your input will be shared with the team to ensure we are always improving in the most meaningful way possible.

Ashley

The best move we've made!

Reviewed on 2021/03/12

Overall, the experience has been wonderful, even with some features missing that we feel are necessary for our workflow. Customer support has been outstanding. I think I've bugged our onboarder [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] endlessly, and he has remained extremely patient with me. Emails are answered fairly quickly and zoom appointments are so easy to schedule.

Pros

We love that this is a cloud based software that we can access from anywhere. Clients having the ability to pay online and access their past invoices is a HUGE thing for us. The flat rates have photos and descriptions and are consistently updated, as necessary. Manufacturer catalogs can be imported. The software increases accountability for each employee. Auto-reminders can be texted to clients to avoid missed appointments.

Cons

With ESC, we could scroll down and see multiple days at a time while on the phone with a customer and trying to schedule them. Now we have to click back and forth between days. The system doesn't seem fully set up for running commercial calls. We work with a handful of commercial property managers, some with dozens of tenants and some with hundreds of tenants. Every now and then, the property manager will call us and say that the tenant is responsible for a certain invoice. In ESC, we had the tenants locations listed under the property management company's account, and we could just change the "bill to" on the invoice to the tenant. In ServiceTitan, supposedly we would have to create a whole new account just for the tenant, to be able to send the bill to them. But then that poses the issue of having two different locations for one tenant, to keep up with. If some calls are run under their own account and some are run for the tenants location under the property managers account, technicians won't be able to see the full history of calls and invoices when they go. Office staff will have to switch back and forth between the two accounts to view all the history. This is a huge issue for us that we hope is remedied soon.

FieldEdge

Reasons for Choosing ServiceTitan

ESC is not cloud based, did not integrate well with Quickbooks, does not allow clients to pay invoices online, technicians having constant issues with mobile app, etc

Reasons for Switching to ServiceTitan

The buy one year, get one year free deal, as well as online reviews that compared ServiceTitan to FieldEdge.

Response from ServiceTitan

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with ServiceTitan, Ashley. We know how valuable improving a businesses' efficiency can beand we're working on even more tools to help supercharge office operations, too! Thank you for continuing to be our industry partner.

Traver

One of the most powerful CRMs for local service companies

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

I love ServiceTitan. Their automated texting for booking confirmations, dispatching, and review requesting has lead to better customer communication, happier customers, and more Google reviews for our business, which in turn has led to more customers finding us through Google organically. I can't attribute any direct revenue to review gathering, but I personally believe it was instrumental in Google Organic being the second largest source of revenue last month for new customers.

Pros

ServiceTitan has it all. The capabilities and features within the software far exceeds anything we had on our previous software, FieldAware. Their support team is second to none. They're always available and super helpful. The automation and various features make ServiceTitan so easy to use and keep up with your customer's needs.

Cons

They make you pay extra for a lot of the really helpful stuff. And then when you get access to those extra features they aren't nearly as fleshed out as they'd lead you to believe in sales presentations. Without those features, however, you'll be less efficient. So it's a bit of a Catch-22.

Housecall Pro

Reasons for Choosing ServiceTitan

FieldAware just wasn't giving us the features we needed to grow as a company.

FieldAware

Reasons for Switching to ServiceTitan

Housecall Pro is primarily for residential, and our client base is 75% commercial. ServiceTitan, while still designed initially as residential, has made leaps and bounds in the last year to cater to commercial businesses.
Stacy

Best Decision I made in 13 years of Business!

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

Life Changing - I wish that was describable better but one day I signed up and the next 18 months have changed my business life, which always changes you and your life, bettered my team, allowed me to hire even through COVID and the winters and keep growing and growing. It also gave us EXCELLENT tools to improve our customer experience. That matters!

Pros

Service Titan has exceptional software development, beyond features that I could have even thought of wanting, and they have truly helped us increase our revenue by almost $1M in sales in a year, but the PEOPLE of this company make ALL the difference. I don't know how to fit everything I love about my Titan Family into this box! ST integrates with everything, so if it isn't an already integration it has open API - it will work. But the core product I promise is going to change your business life.

Cons

I think the only con someone could say is that there is so much to the software that it's not going to go from - 100% use overnight. But that's not even a con to me, fully engage with each step and the next will make more sense.

FieldEdge

Reasons for Choosing ServiceTitan

At first it was pure Faith, I knew people I trusted and looked up to were using Service Titan and although they were more expensive I decided that after about 3 -4 years on my other software improvements weren't being made and the information I needed was so limited I wouldn't be able to really use the data I had to make better decisions. Then after my demo seeing what I didn't know could be, completely sold me.

Service Fusion

Reasons for Switching to ServiceTitan

There were many factors, but I couldn't get past the fact that in a software for the trades that there wasn't a place for job notes and that the solution was to create an item and have our techs add that to each invoice and then write in a description. I figured if that wasn't already WELL developed the rest of what I didn't know wasn't good.

Response from ServiceTitan

Stacy,

It means so much that you took time out of your day to write a review. We're beyond thrilled that ServiceTitan has helped you and your business. Please keep all of the feedback and suggestions coming. And thank you for serving your community on the front lines during these difficult times!

Haley

Great product - not right for us.

Reviewed on 2020/03/27

Overall, it is a great program and has a lot of functionality that is beneficial. For our company, it came down to the cost and amenities we were receiving for that cost. Support lacked (when we used the software) and we ran into issues a lot without feeling like we had the support to help us resolve the issues. Between this and cost - it drove us to find another software platform.

Pros

I loved the capabilities ServiceTitan gave us for communicating with customers, the ease of scheduling and dispatching, tracking of maintenance agreements, etc. Overall usage was great. The cost is significant for what you get, in my opinion. They do not typically take smaller companies as they are "not the right fit." We ended up transitioning to another platform that had almost all the same capabilities for a fraction of the cost. With getting basically all the same amenities, it was worth it in a cost aspect.

Cons

Before starting with ServiceTitan, it was as if you couldn't get them to leave you alone, but after starting with them at times it was difficult to even get a hold of someone for anything. Our support member would get changed on us and we wouldn't even know - so we would be trying to contact no one basically. It has been a while since we used this software so I don't know if this has changed, but at the time this was very frustrating.

Housecall Pro, FieldEdge, mHelpDesk, ServiceBox and RazorSync

Reasons for Choosing ServiceTitan

We were looking for something more up to date and offered more capabilities.

Reasons for Switching to ServiceTitan

At the time, it seemed the best fitting for our company and was recommended to us by another contractor.

Response from ServiceTitan

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us. We love hearing from our customers. Our mission is to provide cutting edge tools for the trades that are both easy to use and dramatically improve your operations. While we might have not been the right software for you at this time, we're happy to hear that you loved ServiceTitan. We hope to better serve you in the future.

Bernadette
Bernadette

Customer Service needs Improvement

Reviewed on 2020/01/10

Overall it is too expensive for the quality of customer service.

Overall it is too expensive for the quality of customer service.

Pros

Service Titan is good for a lot of reasons one of them being call tracking for marketing purposes,
call recording for checking our own staff customer service and for recall.
Service Titan syncs with outside software like gps tracking and accounting.
It is a good software.

Cons

The cons with Service Titan are that they don't have a quick response time for customer service the best way is through a chat but not as efficient as they could be.

Response from ServiceTitan

Thank you Bernadette for taking time to review ServiceTitan. We pride ourselves on building an amazing software that helps our customers better manage their business operations. That being said, we are constantly working hard to improve our services and offerings. Thank you for your support and for making your voice heard. We're excited to have you on board. Please do reach out to your success rep if there's anything we can do to be of help.

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

Service Titan for small service company

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

Overall it is a decent experience so far. We are still working through the kinks and learning things, but so far it's been okay. I wish they would make a few changes that I'm sure they're getting through their chats with customers.

Pros

Their customer service help is great - you can email or chat with them almost instantly and they can access your account settings, permissions, etc. and help you figure out how to do things if you aren't sure. It has a lot of features that are nice to have in one place to eliminate the need for multiple softwares or programs to run your business.

Cons

Some of the invoicing is kind of clunky, it is not always clean and easy to read. If a customer happens to have multiple invoices, there is no way to send it as just one total, you have to send separate invoices, and the customer cannot pay just one grand total; they would have to pay multiple separate times - nobody wants to do that. They offer a texting feature so you can send out texts to your employees, and the program sends out automated texts to employees about their jobs, but there is no way to respond to those texts. That is very inconvenient and doesn't make much sense to me.

Erin

It's Ok

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

I think it is ok so far, lots of new things I am learning but it is ok.

I think it is ok so far, lots of new things I am learning but it is ok.

Pros

It's easy to do certain things on there but I feel it's easy to maneuver if you are a dispatcher, being a preventive maintenance coordinator it has it's flaws.

Cons

I don't like the recurring service task because it doesn't have a lot of information. You have to dig deeper in a account to make sure we have the right information.

Response from ServiceTitan

Hi Erin, Thank you so much for taking time to review ServiceTitan. We pride ourselves on making our platform easy to learn and intuitive to use, and during those times when it's not, our great support team is always here to assist. Looking forward to continuing to help your business grow.

Amy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

The only field service software you'll ever need!

Reviewed on 2022/11/30

Our business has grown since using ServiceTitan and as owners, we can see what is going on in our business day to day from anywhere.

Pros

ServiceTitan has more features and capability of anything else out there for the home services industry.

Cons

Their customer support could be improved. It is often difficult to get support in a timely manner.

Sheena

Great Business Software!

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

It's is a continuous learning experience using ServiceTitan because the platform is always evolving!

Pros

ServiceTitan is the tool we use to make our business more profitable by automating what can be automated so we can focus on our Service Performance and building lifelong relationships with our clients!

Cons

With any software, there will always be bugs and glitches; this is my least favorite thing about the software.

Response from ServiceTitan

Hi Sheena, Thanks for your feedback. We couldn't be happier to hear about your success and all of the ways ServiceTitan has helped your business grow. We believe it's essential that the men and women of the trades have a cutting-edge platform built especially to help them run their businesses more effectively and connect better with their customers. That's why we're always listening to feedback, and constantly taking the steps to improve our software. Please keep providing your feedback. It helps us continue to evolve and keep pace with the amazing companies we serve.

Alissa

Easiest software to use on the market!

Reviewed on 2022/04/25

Service Titan changed the way we did business. We moved from a time and material situation to flat rate pricing and the software made that move incredibly easy.

Pros

The ease of use was the most important feature in implementing a new software program in our business. All of the staff were easily able to maneuver their way around the software after just a day of training.

Cons

My only complaint is that it is on the pricier side. However I do believe that you get what you pay for and the features of this software are incredible.

Abigail

Smoother Day to Day

Reviewed on 2023/11/15

Pros

How thorough it is. It's easy to figure things out and use. Lots of details that make day to day much more smooth.

Cons

Accounting, wish there were more details and ways to customize it. Plus more training on what they do have.

Response from ServiceTitan

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Abigail! We are happy to hear it makes your day to day smoother. We recommend you reach out to your success manager, or check out the ServiceTitan Community to find more information on Accounting! Thank you again!

Wes
Wes

Stay Away!

Reviewed on 2022/10/20

We knew we would be making a large investment to learn the software. We negotiated pricing upfront that was to be in force 'forever' and 'in perpetuity' Now that we have invested years and tens of thousands of dollars of our resources hiring outside consultants to help us we were informed that service titan would be jacking our pricing up 35%, with more to follow. When we brought up the agreed upon pricing and terms they basically said yeah we know but screw you, we got you where we want you now. The best description of their 'onboarding process' would be- You buy a spaceship on amazon, a few days later the spaceship shows up. Inside the spaceship is a note that reads to learn how to fly this spaceship visit our youtube channel. Sounds ridiculous but this is what they do. Save yourself the trouble and STEER CLEAR of this company

Pros

The sales pitch was great. Thats about it

Cons

Software is very glitchy, goes down often, customer support is terrible at best (they just tell you basically to ask other users how to use it) Onboarding was awful, and they lie and are unethical

Maria

ST for All Contractors

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

ServiceTitan is extremely easy to use. All processes are designed to get things done quickly. And you can use the system from anywhere.

Pros

I love that the engineers of the software are constantly changing it to better the software. Then there is a notification of what has changed and how it will benefit the user moving forward.

Cons

This is a simi-difficult questions. There's not a lot to dislike about the software, changes occur so frequently that most users are able to adapt to the new of the software and forget about what was bad. I personally feel that ST engineers take the feedback left on their community page and work to improve the flaws that users point out.

Response from ServiceTitan

Maria,

Wow! Thanks so much for the awesome review.

We're committed to making ServiceTitan the best software solution for contractors. That means talking to our customers, listening to their feedback, and constantly improving.

Thank you for your support and for making your voice heard. We're excited to continue partnering with you.

Dawn

Surpassed our revenue goals

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

We surpassed our company-wide revenue goals in the third quarter of this year. I truly believe that we would not have been able to do this without ServiceTitan. We are able to provide better service to our customers. Phone integration puts the customer's information and service history at our fingertips. Booking confirmation and automatic appointment reminders free upMobile Dispatching allows customers to track the arrival of their technicians. Greensky financing and a good, better, best pricing is helping our technicians sell more in the field. We are better able to manage our maintenance contracts. What's not to love?

Pros

Ease of use, Dashboard Revenue Tracking, Multi-tasking, Customer Experience, ServiceTitan is constantly working to improve and develop the platform. The technical support in resolving issues is easy, fast and responsive.

Cons

Batching and exporting invoices and payments to Quickbooks is cumbersome at best. I wish reporting were more clear and flexible. Even with custom reporting, we sometimes have to run multiple reports to get the information we need.

Response from ServiceTitan

Dawn,

Thanks for taking time to review ServiceTitan.

We love hearing stories like yours, about how ServiceTitan has helped your business grow and has made your life easier. It's what motivates all 400+ of us to strive each day to keep improving and to be as extraordinary as the companies who rely on ServiceTitan.

No Ability to Track Contacts..only customers

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

Pros

Service Titan is really easy to use. And its cloud-based so our team can be running the business from anywhere in the world. Reporting and text alert to our customers are some of the best features.

Cons

Service Titan so not have the ability to track Contacts. Only customers. This is a flaw in the program in our opinion. We have had to keep our old dated CRM for this feature. And the price. You pay a premium for Service Titan. Lots and lots of features and benefits..but you pay for them.

Response from ServiceTitan

Thanks for your feedback. We love that you find ServiceTitan so easy to use.

You're right that to add in a contact's information, you'll create a new customer. The good news is that you're not required to book a job for this person at that time. This is great because if that contact ever calls back, you'll see who's calling with all of the information about that person.

ServiceTitan also allows you to add custom fields to the customer page. These custom fields are searchable and can be added as a KPI through our reporting module.

We hope this helps, but feel free to reach out to your success manager if you need any further information.

JD

Over Hyped

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

Poor start up process - they basically give you a library of videos... and charge you for implementation. Staff is friendly, overall. I feel like there were additional costs after the initial sale.

Pros

Web based is great. We were previously hosting our own database and having ability to have full function, easily, from any location is great.

Cons

I am quite frankly let down by the software. I have heard many other people in the industry rave about the programs abilities. Let's be clear, there is nothing unique this software does that old software's from the 90s didn't do. The difference is, there is less of learning curve. Again, web based gives abilities to do more from anywhere vs a locally hosted database system. Service Titan has maximized on marketing, making this false sense that their product is somehow unique and special. If you need to contact support, its a 30-60 minute wait. The awkward steps to do "one-off" custom priced invoices is annoying and more difficult than it should be. Its incredibly expensive. I really don't get the big draw.

Response from ServiceTitan

Hi JD, I'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with our software and our customer support. We have designed our software to improve your efficiency and streamline your business operations from anywhere. We appreciate your feedback. We have contacted your customer success manager and the support department with your feedback. Someone will be reaching out to you shortly. Thank you again for your feedback. We're working hard to improve our offerings and deliver an overall better customer experience.

Joe

Great Software!

Reviewed on 2022/05/17

job costing, field time management

job costing, field time management

Pros

Being able to use the mobile side for pricing and invoicing jobs

Cons

Hard to learn how to use but worth it and won't consider any other software

Housecall Pro

More features and benefits
  • Industry: Building Materials

Could be so much better.

Reviewed on 2018/12/28

We were quite unhappy unfortunately. We had heard so many great reviews about Service Titan and we were excited to grow our company with them. We have always been a relatively small company and they knew this. I think if we were a much larger organization this would have ended differently and we may still be in business with Service Titan. Sadly, The amount of use we had, the quality of customer support and help, and the actions of our account manager, just were not worth the astronomical price they charged us.

Pros

It was simple to use after the initial set up.

Cons

Set up was a nightmare, Cost is too high for the quality of support you get, Our account manager was not helpful at all when we had questions, it seemed that once we got set up and went live, she thought her job was done. There were so many issues that kept going unresolved and couldnt get fixed we finally had to cancel services. We gave them a whole year of business and we still had issues that couldnt/wouldnt be fixed.

Henry
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Robust Software for the Plumbing/Building/HVAC industry.

Reviewed on 2019/08/31

Overall, the experience has been great. We haven't found better software to manage our day-to-day HVAC and Plumbing operations.

Pros

I use it everyday for a plethora of things. I manage the leads I'm working with, the quotes I've left for customers, work done in the past for a certain address. I manage the revenue I've generated for the day, week, month. I track which marketing campaigns are the most effective in bringing in more customers so that way I can invest more money into that stream.

Cons

Downtime, downtime, downtime. There seems to be a fair amount of routine maintenance. Secondly, sometimes the interface updates without notice and it takes time to adjust to the changes.

Anthony
Anthony

Separate yourself from your competition!

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

We have been on for a year now and there is no way we would go back. Set-up and transition were hard, but well worth it in the end.

Pros

The customer side of this software is a difference maker. The automated appointment reminder texts and emails, the text and emails sent when we dispatch, and the map for our customers to see real time arrival of our plumbers are incredible.

Cons

The only down side we have seen is that the reports and tracking in Service Titan are mainly geared towards a commission based pay system and we do not pay on commission. Even with that we have found ways to get the information we need.

Response from ServiceTitan

Anthony,

Thank you for taking the time to review ServiceTitan.

It's an honor to work with companies like yours that are paving the future for other contractors. We appreciate your partnership as we continue to adapt to find new opportunities for hard-working home service shops.

• Industry: Facilities Services
  • Used for 1-5 months

Buyers Remorse

Reviewed on 2017/10/23

I never used the product due to pricing and setup issues.

I never used the product due to pricing and setup issues.

Pros

We never made it past the setup phase with Service Titan. There are many people happy with the functionality of the product. My concern is more to do with pricing and customer service.

Cons

I signed up with Service Titan mainly because of a need to streamline our equipment proposal process. We needed something that would allow us to do our proposals in real time and spread the workflow across our small team. We never made it past the setup phase so I can't honestly answer how well that part of their system works. My issue with Service Titan is the price they were charging me, along with the setup up fee. First of all, they were charging me for a setup that was supposed to be minimal on our end and easy to do (EVEN IN YOUR BUSY SEASON). In my opinion the setup is NOT easy to do even in your slow season and I felt frustrated by that. The monthly price started to bother me as I discovered there are other highly rated programs that offer a strong proposal system as well and for a much lower monthly cost. Then I read in an article from ACHRNEWS.COM how one of GreenSky Financials investors had this to say about contractors... "Contractors are inherently lazy," Sheft says. "Getting them to use the product is the big hurdle." Thus, they're also sticky: "Once a contractor is using our product, unless you really give them a reason, they're not going to leave." I guess you all can imagine the outcome here as well... Service Titan never contacted me and kept the setup fee even though we never actually setup the product. Their product is 3 to 4 times higher than some of the other companies on here that are also highly rated. Save your money and go elsewhere!