ClearPathGPS Reviews

ClearPathGPS

Real-time GPS Vehicle Tracking System

4.9/5 (79 reviews)
Diego B.

Service has been great and the product they offer is very convenient for us. Very happy overall.

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

We did not tell our driver initially that we had installed the device so we were able to test his honesty. We also don't have to distract him to request his ETA as we can clearly see it ourselves and coordinate other pick ups or inform our clients.

Pros

The amount information you can gather from each trip that each unit makes is great and it helps you to clearly see and understand where your vehicles are at all times without having to bother the driver. This in turn reduces the risk involved in distracting the driver of the vehicle if he has to answer to disclose his location. The desktop version is very user friendly and works fine every day we access it without crashing. The shipping manager who is monitoring the vehicles is very happy to be able to count with a tool like this. It was definitely a great investment and you really get your money worth.

Cons

We have noticed that the phone app is not as accurate or as detailed as the desktop software. The amount of detailed information you can see on the desktop version is far superior. There seems to be more details and records of where the vehicle has been in terms of the history of a particular unit. Besides that, the app is very practical in case you step away from your desk like in the case of our shipping and receiving Manager that has to monitor two Warehouses on a daily basis so he sometime is not sitting in front of his desk. In those cases, from his phone he can still have an idea where the vehicle is located and establish ETAs and coordinate other things.

Response from ClearPathGPS

Hi Diego,

Thank you. We're glad to hear your getting good use from the system. We would love to learn more about what you want in the mobile app. All our feature enhancements have come from customer ideas and feedback.

- ClearPathGPS

David W.

Thanks God and Clearpath GPS and the CHP

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

It was a tuesday night, I arrived home from my mens bible study, I sat down in front of my computer to shut it down, I clicked on each browser window to look at it before I closed it. When I got to Clearpath GPS, I noticed that truck # I2009 had the ignition ON, I knew that driver had parked for the evening and was supposed to be home, I called him to check , he was home. I got in my car drove to our yard, when I pulled in the truck was gone. I called 911 reported the theft of my 2009 International along with a 2017 Wabash dry Van loaded with LG appliances. I called my wife and said look at my computer, Is there a truck moving on the screen, she said YES, so I said what direction, she didnt know, so I raced back home and jumped in front of the computer and began to track my truck heading 55-60 mph westbound on highway 60 in So. CA, I had the CHP dispatcher on my phone giving them constant updates on rate of speed and direction of travel, along with vehicle color and signage, they began to scramble all available units to the westbound 60, I was able to update them in real time, they finally sighted the truck and trailer westbound 60 approaching the 605 interchange, I confirmed that was its location , the truck then went 605 south and they were all ready to attempt the stop, they did. They lit him up. The driver exited 605 south and Rose hills offramp, he was met at the top of the ramp by two more CHP units facing crossways, the thief made eye contact with the CHP and gave up , shut the truck off. they made the arrest, I took my driver and we drove to the scene while they gathered evidence. They had found a GPS scrambling device plugged into the power output on the dash, with blinking lights on it. Thanks God it didnt work . The thief had a bag of truck keys, and one in the ignition that fit our truck. I got my truck back that night in perfect condition, no damage to the truck or trailer, the cargo still sealed inside the trailer. It took 69 minutes from the time they started the truck until they shut it off, upon arrest. I delivered that load the next morning to Best Buy DC in chino CA on time. They signed the bill of Ladings ,NO shortage, NO overage, No damage. By the grace of God and Clearpath GPS and the California Highway Patrol. A company disaster was stopped dead in its tracks.

Pros

Its easy to Use

Cons

Nothing

Elena H.

Helpful Tracking Company

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Tracking live and tracking past times. Easy access to support. Quick turn around for support .

Pros

The customer service is great. Our rep is super friendly and his turn around for tasks I need done is same day or day after. The maps are great and being able to look at time cards a few different ways is very helpful for organization and tracking where our techs are each day.

Cons

The addresses are often way off from there actual location but when viewing on the actual map it is better. It seems outdated so could use an update on how neat and modern the system looks. Prices to do certain tasks could be fixed to not be too high.

Response from ClearPathGPS

Hi Elena, Thank you for the kind words. We're so happy to be working with Crown Plumbing. We work hard to make customer service the top priority. You'll be glad to hear that we have a user interface update coming soon that I think you will like. We will reach out to you about the addresses to better understand how we can help you.

Allen W.

ClearPathGPS is helping us keep track in many ways.

Reviewed on 2016/07/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We had heard that technology in this sector was getting better than they systems we had viewed a couple years prior but we had no idea it was this awesome until we saw the demonstration from ClearPathGPS. The information that is provided to us is much more precise than we had imagined. Each of our nine managers are automatically sent each day via email the specific details of only the vehicles for which they are responsible. The ClearPathGPS team made it easy as they walked us through all of our options for the reports we desired. Once the equipment was installed there has been nothing for us to do except watch our team's driving and efficiency improve. The ClearPathGPS team has responded to every need or question.

Cons

No issues. The price is very fair and the software and service has more than met our expectations.

Clear Path

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Pros

When we first decided to go to a GPS tracking system we did a lot of on line screening and followed up with demo's and phone calls. We chose Clear Path because we had unbelievable access to not only customer support but the owner as well. They make it so easy!! The software is top notch and they are constantly working to improve it. We have their hardware in 6 trucks and their software in 2 branches!! We appreciate all that they do for us!

Cons

We have no complaints at all. I only wish I owned their company!!

David C.

ClearPath Review for my Billiards Trucks

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

The company them selves were great to work with. There were other systems that we looked at but after talking to them on the phone I was convinced they were the ones to go with. There sales staff was very helpful. The system itself is easy to use.

Pros

I like that I can pinpoint where my guys are all the time. Im not waiting around wondering where they are. I love that my phone gets a alert when the truck starts. I know how long each job takes with out going on line to look.

Cons

Theres nothing with the system that I do not like Its easy to use and navagate threw.

Jennifer G.

Awesome GPS service!!

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Ability to monitor all drivers/vehicles in real time, various reports, viewing the traveled route by truck and by day. The system also offers mapping which has been used to re-route trucks.

Pros

ClearPathGPS has made it incredibly simple to monitor all of the trucks in our fleet at a glance. The program is clear and easy to understand and has all the information I need at my fingertips. There are tons of extras that we didn't have with our prior service, including notifications and geo-fences. The customer service from ClearPath is phenomenal, they offer a great hands on training and made sure that all users were 100% comfortable with the system. I would highly recommend ClearPath to anyone wanting to better monitor their fleet.

Cons

I haven't come across any cons with the software. I've been 100% satisfied with it since I began using it.

Jim T.

A SMOOTH Experience

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Real time driver performance and driver behavior review. By pulling up the GPS map, we are able to 1) Locate the specific location of the driver(s), and identify key driving behaviors for possible re-training efforts. 2) We also receive an automatic report to our email account that lists the previous day's Speed Report for all our vehicles OVER a specified high-side limit, 3) We monitor a driver's specific route taken to check to see if a productive route was followed or if the driver "moiled the clock" with extra driving miles.

Cons

While I don't consider this a limitation caused by Clear Path...we are hoping that the Clear Path features can be expanded to integrate with, or self-support, a scheduling/dispatch function.

Brian D.

Reviewed on 2017/04/05

First of all, our Rep.,, is fantastic. When we first met, he showed us the system and let us decide it was right for us. Many other GPS system providers have been pounding on our door with 'special' offers and a high pressure sales pitch. Doug is more of a business ally, not a fast talking salesman going hard for the commission. We installed the units (not difficult but gets easier with each unit) and they have worked flawlessly since.
I use the phone app. more than anything to 'watch' our crew's progress throughout the day. It helps me gauge their progress without driving behind them or calling them and getting a vague or no response. The historical records for our snow removal services are invaluable in verifying response times. I have become a believer in GPS. I thank ClearPath for doing a great job with their product and service.

Pros

Easy to use, even for an older guy who did not grow up in the tech era.

Cons

Haven't found anything to complain about.

Bram C.

Excellent Product and Great Support

Reviewed on 2016/11/11

Our business needed a tracking device for our fleet of service vehicles to keep tabs on time spent at job locations, idling, and driving behaviors like speeding. Having proof that we were at a job site and how long we spent there really helps us back up our technicians' claims and saves money on repeat services. The GPS units we got from Clearpath were simple to install and activate and the data is extremely accurate. We tried another service which was tied into the tech's cellphones and it was not accurate at all and so it wasn't very useful. We get immediate tracking information on how fast our vehicle is going, where it stopped, how long it was stopped, even where it was parked (in a parking lot). Douglas at Clearpath brought us the units personally and showed us how to activate them as well as a nice tutorial on how to navigate the website interface. The web based software is easy to use and functional. We're able to set up daily reports on a variety of data (timecards, speed, idling, etc.) and set up geo zones to clarify specific locations (business address, gas station, supplier, etc.) on the maps. I was surprised at how affordable the service is. I highly recommend ClearPathGPS if you are in need of any sort of tracking on your vehicle.

Pros

Easy to set up, great web based software, functional

Cons

None to speak of

Michael G.

Fantastic purchase and will continue to use

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Setting up everything at the beginning was easy, and now being able to track our trucks and get reports is very simple. The look of the new beta site is awesome. Can't wait until it's completely up and running.

Pros

We originally purchase 4 of the units to add to our trucks, because we had a feeling that some employees weren't being honest with their time cards, and found out that we were right. When confronted with the discrepancies they admitted that they had been padding their time cards since they didn't know that the GPS trackers had been installed. They now know that they can't log more hours than what the reports show as the time spent at each location.

Cons

The only "Con" I can see is that our employees have figured out that they can sit in their trucks as long as they don't start the engine and pad their time, but there is always someone willing to spill the beans. :)

Pam N.

GPS Trackers

Reviewed on 2017/04/05

We started with 2 trackers in two of our trucks - Thinking that I would be able to see where the trucks are without calling them to find out when they would be delivering. But this product has turned out to be so much more. We know have trackers in all 7 or our trucks. Our delivery schedule can change from minute to minutes, with the tracking I can see what truck is where, without having to call drivers and ask "Where are you?" We are more efficient since using the trackers. Its a lot easier to change loads from truck to truck. We had a complaint from a person who said that a rock came off the truck and broke his windshield --- ClearPath GPS showed that the truck was not where this person said it happened. I highly recommend these trackers to any transport company.

Pros

Its easy to use, and it has a phone app

Cons

Nothing yet.......

Joel W.

Perfect for keeping track of our technicians in the field.

Reviewed on 2019/04/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We have solved so much wasted time and energy getting information out of technicians.

Pros

Before we had these installed on our vans, we would have to call the technicians in the filed and ask them ETAs, where they were, what time they left a job, how long they were there for, etc. Now we know all of that without ever bugging them, and it keeps them honest. A tech takes a vehicle home and he is using the vehicle for personal use, we know about it. We know their speed, harsh braking etc. the technicians hate it, but we in the office love it.

Cons

Nothing at all. It is well worth the already fair price to have peace of mind.

Piper L.

Wow, we are realizing what is really going on behind the scenes. Nice to be able to see all crews.

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Being able to really know if our crews are doing what they are suppose to is invaluable. The easy of use with the software and the app allows the General Manager to really keep up with and manage the crews effectively and save money overall.

Pros

This system has allowed our scheduled to move and change times or add immediately based on where people are. We are able to see where every crew/driver is at any given time and make sure
company vehicles are not being used for personal use. We are able to create the virtual time card to confirm crews time actually worked. - Our rep has been wonderful to make sure all is up and running smoothly and very quick to respond when we needed additional units. Great Job by this company.

Cons

We have only been using the units for 3 months but they have been great. We had one small issue of a "running" code but I called support and they reset the unit and it has worked perfectly since.

Response from ClearPathGPS

Thank you Piper. We are proud to be working with AZ Roofing Works.

Sierra F.

Wish we signed up for ClearPathGPS sooner, it has been a game changer.

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

Pros

ClearPathGPS is easy to use on both laptop and smartphone. Our account representative Douglas Robinson is responsive, patient and has been exceedingly helpful through our setup and learning how to use the software.

I only wish we had signed up for it when he first reached out to us several years ago.

Cons

I have yet to find any real cons. Mapping the geo points is a little tricky and time consuming but with practice it seems like it may get better.

Response from ClearPathGPS

Thank you for the kind words Sierra. We love working with Jump On The School Bus. It's great to see your business doing so well.

Elena H.

I always have a great response time from Jon. They are super helpful, fast, and efficient!

Reviewed on 2017/06/23

30 second tracking from each of our trucks to make sure they are on time, still at the place they need to be, and home safe.

Pros

Easy to read and 30 second tracking of trucks. This detail is very important for us when making time sheets for each tech.

Cons

That I can't do some of the file extraction myself. Sometimes I need specific date ranges but I don't mind asking our rep for this since it would most likely be faster for his team to perform.

Wendy O.

Excellent, Easy To Use Truck Tracking System

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

At any time I can see exactly where each of the company trucks is located. The system gives me reports that assist in payroll reporting and job costing. It also keeps employees honest because their movements are being tracked. The Clearpath staff is available to guide me thru the report retrieval software and any mapping issues that may come up. Also when I am not in my office I can use my phone app to locate my employees.

Cons

When you are on the site, the system will log you off too quick and you must log in again.

Beth C.

I can't say enough about ClearPathGPS!!! It has been so helpful knowing where an employee is!

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Being able to dispatch service guys to a location close to where they are.

Pros

Knowing where our employees are for emergency calls. The weekly report I get to help with time cards.

Cons

Haven't found anything yet that I have disliked about the software. The weekly report I get is alittle hard to read. The time from when they left a job to when they get to the next job is a little hard to understand.

Cory H.

Clearpath is awesome! Great customer service and product.

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

What I like most about Clearpath is that the customer service is a definite A+. When I first started to learn how to use Clearpath, my customer service rep set up a date and time to teach me how to use their system. Getting to know the system one on one was very simple and quick. After learning the basics I felt like a pro and that I could be a customer service rep myself. Whenever I'm in doubt or need help with the program, I am able to get connected with my customer service rep as soon as possible. They give you all their contact information which is great! At my job we previously worked with another GPS company which wasn't so great and was very expensive. Switching over to Clearpath saved my company nearly half as much money and has better customer service!

Cons

There's not much to say on what I don't like. When there were a few things that the company did not offer in their program, they quickly came out with the features we were looking for. It was awesome. It's like the company is actually is listening to our concerns and feedback. What I noticed about this product and company is that they work hard to give great customer satisfaction.

John V.

Manage your fleet with GPS

Reviewed on 2017/04/19

Since we started using Clearpath GPS on our vehicles, we have been able to better serve our customers with accurate estimates when the driver will arrive for their deliveries. We also use the point by point tracking to verify where our drivers have been and the amount of time they spend at each stop. Clearpath GPS has improved the way we manage our vehicles so that they are only used during business hours, reducing extra fuel expense, and making sure that our drivers stay on the most efficient route each day.

Pros

Very easy to set up, modify when needed, and use on a daily basis. I also use the feature on my phone.

Cons

None at this time

Josh R.

This is a great product for companies with large or small fleets. Easy to use great customer support

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Pros

It keeps track of regular maintenance and it's easy to use. We can make sure our fleet is on the job when scheduled. We can also see who is close to the next job if someone needs help.

Cons

We have not had any cons to the software at this point. The devices do comes loose rarely when the roads are rough. It is an easy fix. So all in all it has been a great product.

Response from ClearPathGPS

Hi Josh,

Thank you for your review and feedback. Happy to be helping you track your fleet.

- ClearPathGPS

Melissa M.

Great application!

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Pros

Very easy to use and navigate. Up to date on all software!

Cons

I have not experienced any cons with this application

Lori R.

Absolutely amazing from the minute I started talking to customer support.

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Piece of mind, I do not have to worry if it will work, I do not have to worry about "Are the reports going to run today". I am so happy I found ClearPath and who will always be available when I need him, he is so much fun to talk to and made the transition from a horrible tracking company to an amazing one.

Pros

Everything! He made this the easiest and most enjoyable transfer from horrible Teletrac to awesome ClearPathGPS. I love the ease to use ClearPath, tracking my guys, running reports, setting everything up, the program is also fun to use.

Cons

I can honestly say there is NOT one thing I do not like about ClearPathGPS. No problems with any aspect of the program.

Response from ClearPathGPS

Hi Lori,

Thank you for your kind words about ClearPathGPS and we're so glad we are working with you. Our support team loves comments like this, it really makes their day!

- ClearPathGPS

Gregory A.

Revealed more than expected, rooting out bad employee behavior & theft from the company

Reviewed on 2016/08/09

We found employees parking vehicles and wasting time in between appointments. We also saw that what was supposed to be 30 minute lunches were taking 1 hour. After bringing this to the attention of the crew, one employee who felt responsible for wasting time notified management that another employee was stealing from the company. We contacted our customers and confirmed that the employee was pocketing money from jobs and scheduling appointments with our customers for his own gain. So the GPS tracking ended up revealing more than we expected.

Great value!

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

The ClearPath GPS program is helping us make sure that time billed for jobs is correct.

Pros

We looked into several GPS solutions. ClearPathGPS was the best option for our needs at the best cost. And with the new upgrade of a pic with the stops the technicians make it is even better!!

Cons

Before the software upgrade it would be that you had to drill down to get a pic of where the technician is at.