Hexnode UEM

Enterprise-level Unified Endpoint Management Solution

Jonas D.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Good value for money and awesome support

Reviewed on 2020/04/22

We were using another MDM software before Hexnode and it has been a huge step forward in the control features and ease of use for the same price. The cherry on the cake is the super efficient support !

Pros

The enrolment of new devices is easy and the control features are great.

Cons

The invoicing does not follow the "active" devices but we have to subscribe to a specific amount of devices, even if it is not used.
It would be better to increment our invoice each time a new dive is enrolled on our account.

Shashwat S.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Security and Management software for mobiles

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

It helps us secure many mobile application which contains the SPI data. The security is good, User Interface is good. It is a very good product.

Pros

I comes with a very good Security structure for mobile applications. It comes with functionality of secure and wipe. All mobility platforms which includes Windows (deskpto, laptops and phones Phones), iOS, Android , macOS etc are supported by Hexnode MDM.

Cons

No technical glinche detected as of now, in my knowledge. The support could be better.

Matthew P.

Great software

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Allows us to have a tablet that is secure and single purpose.

Pros

It's easy to manage and the customer support is great! We have it set up on 18 tablets now and works great. We use it daily.

Cons

I wish I had more control over software updates, but I think that's a fault of Android, not Hexnode. No major complaints.

Excellent, Intuitive, Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2018/03/27

Pros

Intuitive and ease of use. Went thru 3 different MDM's before picking this one. MaaS 360 is garbage compared to Hexnode

Cons

No 2FA as of yet. But their support is great . Also, the AD option should sync more regularly than once a day.

Justin M.

Hexnode is a great value. Works great with Android and iOS!

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

The interface is very easy to use which cuts down on admin time. Support is very responsive and thorough. We primarily use Hexnode for Android, we use the multi-app kiosk mode in our elementary classrooms and it works wonderfully. We push all Android apps as APKs. I recently started adding some iOS devices and have Hexnode synced with our VPP account.

Cons

I was having some issues with the kiosk mode with certain app settings. Although all my issues have been resolved by support.

Jared S.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Best features and support thus far

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

So far I think hexnode may end up being the MDM we choose to support our iPads at our institution.
The ability for it to support android provides potential in the future for the other end of the spectrum without the need for another service/application.

Pros

I liked that as soon as I setup my account I was called by a member of Hexnode's support team. Even though I was unable to answer, it really showed that they want to make sure you get setup and moving right away with their product.

Cons

The setup for this MDM is a little different/harder to find than the others I have tested so far.
Once I got a feel for it though it started flowing much more smoothly.

Abhilash S.

Excellent software

Reviewed on 2016/07/13

We had both Android and iOS devices in our company and we needed a decent software that could manage both easily. Hexnode MDM turned out to be an excellent choice. We opted for the on premise edition. It was very easy to set up and their support team was always there for us.

Pros

Features, support, pricing

Cons

No desktop management

Marcos P.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

So far it is really easy to use and self explanitory

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

MDM on windows

Pros

The ease of use and how quickly you can set up MDM. All I had to do was upload a certificate and email it to my users and they were able to sign up.

Cons

limited ios restrictions. I cant seem to find no password lock on Ios devices however I am still new to the program and learning its features

Corey W.

Good software, very helpful support, any issues resolved quickly.

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

Pros

Easy to set up.
Support is always quick to respond.
Any issues are resolved quickly.
Updated regularly.
Plenty of helpful tools/information to help with my daily operations.

Cons

Occasionally run into issues with features not working as I expected, although support was quick to help/explain.

Canon M.

Hexnode is one of the easiest and most customizable MDM services I've used.

Reviewed on 2018/05/13

Pros

Every feature possible is available for use when setting up MDMs. Hexnode has an active support staff that has helped me solve all of my problems.

Cons

The mobile app doesn't include as many features as the web version. Besides that, nothing else in particular is bad about Hexnode.

Ony C.
  • Industry: Automotive

The Collection review

Reviewed on 2021/01/18

Pros

Silent deployment, remote view, settings controls.

Cons

Remote control would be great if possible (for desktop assistance). Also the ability to activate the "find me" alarm. Just suggestions.

Charlie E.

Small company friendly, with massive scalability.

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

As a growing company, we have been innovating in our use of technology. Utilizing HexNode has allowed us to maximize our technology usage while also maintaining our security, and giving us the option to securely provide devices to employees while minimizing risk to our organization.

Pros

Easy to use, cost efficient, amazing technical support.

Cons

None.

Carl D.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great choice for MDM software!

Reviewed on 2018/11/08

I think they are a great company to work with, they met all of our checkboxes except one and they are adding the feature down the road.

Pros

I loved the customer support. They walked us through any issues we had, took our feedback about a feature we would like to have implemented and are looking into getting it added.

Cons

Currently they have no support for tracking Mac devices, but that is something the have on their roadmap for the future.

Shruti M.
  • Industry: Computer Networking
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

good for remote discovery and control

Reviewed on 2018/05/30

Pros

Ease o f use, ready to connect ,good support response and easy interface. supports ios,windows and android.

Cons

need support for other devices and should describe more on connectivity with cloud or other repositories.

Nicholas B.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Limitless features, but be careful

Reviewed on 2020/01/31

This software is much more intuitive than free options that are available. At $4/month for each phone, this is something that will almost instantly pay for itself. We get nervous with the amount of access we have to employees, so it is important to be honest and upfront with users of mobile devices that they are being heavily monitored.

Pros

You can do almost anything to control phones out in the field of your employees. This will limit the time wasted having employees come in the office to assess their phones. Also, this makes it so if someone steals a phone with this software, the phone will be basically useless due to the security features.

Cons

Employers should be very careful with how they implement this software. This should not be used on a phone that was not issued to an employee. It would help if this app better explained to the users the amount of surveillance it is utilizing during each step of usage.

Guy W.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Good features overall

Reviewed on 2020/12/07

It was the only MDM that we tried that ticked all the boxes and at the right price

Pros

The ability to create 'Web apps' from URLs
The ability to use Hexnode browser in full screen without the address bar showing.

Cons

Every additional feature you think would be a nice to have seems to be on a higher subscription model, eg remote control

Daniel mario M.

Lots Of Good Features But Can Be Complicated To Set Up

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

The software has a lot of features and it works well, the only problem from my point of view is that with feature richness also comes a sometimes complicated and obscure way of getting to the right settings. I'm pretty tech literate but often have to ask support how to do things, even though this is rare for other software providers we have. On the other hand, their support is very helpful and responsive in getting me the answers I need, so eventually I get things done

Pros

Rich feature set, works well, excellent support.

Cons

Can get complicated to set up and it can be difficult to find out how to do the things you need it to do. But support team is very responsive and always helps.

John C.
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Hexnode

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

Hexnode has been great. Yes it has had issues and I have found bugs. One that would wipe the device entirely. But I was able to work with the Hexnode team and get everything fixed. The product is good but the customer service is great. I have used other MDM in the past and did not like dealing with them or the service.

Pros

Very easy to use. Great customer service. Very powerful.

Cons

I have found devices that it does not work on. I have found bugs.

James L.

Best MDM

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

Pros

This tool is so easy to use and to setup policies, no complex settings everything is at your finger tips ready to create your policy. Enrolling a device is just scanning a qr code! Its that simple.

App catalog is amazing! so sleek and looks really appealing.

Cons

I have nothing to write here. Hexnode has been amazing

Tayyab C.

One of the BEST MDMS!

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

Device management and full control, device monitoring

Pros

Online portal is extremely easy to use and enrollment process is very simple. Changes made in the portal are applied immediately across all devices. Search function is really thorough and has all of the options that I needed.

Cons

Remote view feature is sometimes flaky. There can be a delay between the device and in the portal by a few seconds. Sometimes it doesn't work properly, making it unreliable.

Great Web UI, an improvement over Maas360

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Pros

It has a remote view feature for iOS, great support, and a super easy to navigate UI compared to Maas360.

Cons

Not as feature packed as Maas36, but works perfectly for what we need in our organization.

Amol P.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A modern MDM product with great set of features and dev friendly APIs

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

We are trying to build a knowledge experience product where Kiosk mode is important feature considering young users' safety to avoid them opening non-safe applications.

Pros

Policies can be applied to usergroups, policies are associated automatically to each device after the device is added to a user in usergroup

Single mode and multi mode Kiosk mode works as advertises.

Nice set of out of box reports.

Cons

Multiple Apps/API keys - We would like to have multiple apps within same account/portal with each app having a different API key, so that cost, reports can be created separately.

Data export APIs are missing to build our own reports or create our own data pipelines to AWS or other places.

APIs should allow pagination and filtering for users and devices.

Mitch R.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Hexnode MDM with iOS

Reviewed on 2020/07/06

Removing unnecessary apps and settings allowing for securing the devices.

Pros

Once on the device it works as expected and locks the device down with the policies well.

Cons

How difficult it is to get the everything into Hexnode via Apple Configurator 2 and DEP, have constantly had issues with this and been on the phone to support on several occasions. The Hexnode system somehow also managed to remove our Apple business manager token which resulted in 3 hours of headaches between Apple and Hexnode to get it sorted.

Nichole S.
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

This product is great!

Reviewed on 2020/04/15

Very good!

Pros

This product is easy to use! Their customer service team is awesome and very knowledgeable!

Cons

Nothing everything was good! There were no issues...

Joshua H.

Rock solid support makes this product worth your money.

Reviewed on 2017/08/15

Pros

We have a very weird use case, and Hexnode have always stepped up quickly to support us, regardless of whether or not we were paying. The software meets our use case probably 95% and the last 5% is due to us not them.

Cons

It feels a bit beta still, I think they have lots of room to grow to help make the admin dashboard etc more usable but its fine right now.