Starboard Suite

Luke M.

Great customer service

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Great customer service.

Pros

I liked best being able to reach out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] et al. frequently and have them get back to me fast. And not only fast but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team was very willing to implement new things particular to my business that helped me out.

Cons

I would like the interface to be a little less cluttered. Maybe there's a way for me to make it look nicer to customers but with the two boats currently we charter having the double schedules can be a little much for the customer.

Response from Starboard Suite

Thanks for writing a review!

We're thrilled that Starboard is working out so well for you.

If you'd prefer to separate your 2 boats into separate calendars that's definitely doable -- feel free to reach out to our support team if you'd like some assistance with that.

Randy A.

Outstanding reservation system

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

Pros

My company has used Starboard Suite for several years and would highly recommend their reservation system. Our reservation system is customized, user friendly and relative to our industry. They have developed an app that we used on both IOS and Android platforms. The customer service is without a doubt outstanding. I would highly recommend Starboard Suite reservation software.

Cons

I can not report anything negative about Starboard because they have met all of my needs.

Response from Starboard Suite

Randy,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're glad to hear that you've been so pleased with out platform and service, and would highly recommend it to others.

Wishing you a great summer season!

Tony M.

Incredible Customer Support

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

The team at Starboard Suite does a phenomenal job responding to inquiries and making schedule adjustments for us and does so extremely quickly. This is great for us when we want to make pricing changes, add new locations, or offer specials. The software is easy to use and the functionality is great for our customers. We shopped around quite a bit and not only was Starboard Suite an incredible deal, they were also the easiest to communicate with and had by far the best customer service. If you are shopping for a scheduling software to use, look no further. These guys are the best!

Pros

Ease of use. A lot of features.

Cons

I would like to be able to make mass changes to mass event adds that I had done in the past.

Response from Starboard Suite

Hi Tony,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review.

We're thrilled to have you on-board, and glad to hear that things are working out so well with our product and our service!!

----

In terms of mass changes, we wanted to make sure you know that you can already:

- Make global changes to any of your price levels, event types, locations, vessels, etc.

- Add new price levels, event types, locations, vessels, etc in your Control Panel any time.

- Modify any of these properties on individual events any time.

- Add a series of events with any price levels, days, locations, etc.

We've been cautious about allowing mass modifications to individual events, since it's inherently easy to get into trouble with these types of one-click operations.

We do expect to open this up to individual customers in the coming year. We'll add you to our list and let you when this becomes available.

We're always glad to make mass modifications for you as well!

Jenny C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Starboard is a great system and easy to learn!

Reviewed on 2017/05/10

The main benefit would be people not overbooking the boats which is a great relief . Starboard Suites is very organized and it is easy to find customer information when needed.

Pros

Starboard is very user friendly. Its easy for people to learn even if they aren't great with technology. Navigation through the site along with changing trips and such is uncomplicated and in our busy environment you need that. Whenever we have needed help or to change something it gets done right away there's no hour plus wait on the phone. All in all I would definitely recommend it to any company.

Response from Starboard Suite

Jenny,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're glad to hear that you're finding Starboard Suite to be so user friendly.

We think our job is to make software that makes your job easier. It's great to hear when we're getting it right :)

Thanks again!

Morgan D.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy to use and very helpful

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

It helps organize and give a quick overview of the tours that are happening throughout the year at the company I work for.

Pros

I love how it is now colour coated so all of our tours look differently and it is easier to tell what you are looking at.

Cons

I dislike how you cannot see the price of tours without going through the booking of a tour. I honestly cannot think of many things that I dislike regarding the software.

Response from Starboard Suite

Hi Morgan,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying using Starboard Suite, and that it's hard to think of anything you don't like :)

Wishing you a great summer!

Ashley B.

As a reservation agent for my company, I have found it fairly user friendly!

Reviewed on 2017/05/31

Pros

Being able to specify which resource, tour, or location is great. It really helps narrow things down to a more manageable view and moves the process along very quickly.

Cons

I wish it were colour coded. Our company has hundreds of tours a week, and being able to pick a tour out more quickly would be great. I know the specification tools are useful, but even then we've narrowed from 400 tours to 80-100. Having those broken down and a little more visually defined would be amazing. As well, jumping forward to dates can be very tricky. It would be nice to have the option to see one day on the screen alone, or a whole month even. Maybe having a drop down menu with view options?

Response from Starboard Suite

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

I'm glad to hear that you're finding Starboard Suite easy to use.

You'd asked about seeing a day at a time -- there's a Daily Event Schedule under the Events menu that will let you do just that!

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have trouble locating that.

And, color coding event types is on the way -- look for that later this summer.

Eve M.

I use this system at work for booking tours, decently easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017/06/16

Pros

User friendly, it's great that it sends emails to customers. Easy to modify and view tours. I like that it uses 12 hour time instead of 24 hour time.

Cons

I wish the tours could be color coded, i wish it was easier to book multiple tours in one transaction, i wish there was an option to view the available tours one day at a time, instead of a whole week at a time. Due to this, it's easy to accidentally book tours for the wrong week (the next week instead of the current week, or vice versa)

Response from Starboard Suite

Hi Eve,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

I'm glad to hear that you're finding our software user friendly and easy to use.

FYI, we are going to be adding color-coding of event types later this season.

I also wanted to let you know, that you can view a single day at a time using our Daily Event Schedule under the Events menu.

It sounds like that would be helpful for your workflow.

Wishing you a great summer!

Kiley D.

User friendly, clean and lots of options for streamlining setting things up.

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Pros

I like that you can do a lot within the calendar (add trips, reservations, etc). Also, it puts what you are working on in a cart, so if you get sidetracked or it times out you can still work within that reservation.

Cons

The retail side could be a bit better - pull downs for retail sails during a check-in instead of having to list everything in the first reservation screen.

Response from Starboard Suite

Kiley,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review!

We're thrilled to have you on board and glad to hear that things are working out well for you.

The way you're using retail is a bit different from how most of our clients use it, but we'll look into a bit more and see if there's a way that we can streamline that list for you.

Have a great summer!

Eileen B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

I enjoy working with Starboard Suites I find the scheduling function very easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017/05/14

It makes my job and that of my office staff so much easier

Pros

The ease in using and the way Starboard Suites is constantly upgrading their software. That it constantly works at making it easier.

Cons

I would like to be able to Jump to an exact date and not just the month. other than that I think it's great

Greg D.

Great service!

Reviewed on 2016/12/13

I use Starboard Suites every day in the office for booking our cruises! It's fantastic! It's quick, easy, and the staff is always on call for whenever I need them with any questions I may have! I highly suggest this reservation system to any company dealing with a lot of reservation traffic.

Pros

How simple and easy it is to use. It's even better that we have someone on call whenever we need them.

Cons

Set up took quite a while, but the end product blew us out of the water so I guess I can't really complain.

Response from Starboard Suite

Hi Greg,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're really glad to hear that everything is working out so well for you.

Looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come!

Amanda R.

As a more recent user, so far I am very pleased. It's quite easy to learn how Starboard...

Reviewed on 2017/05/26

Pros

I enjoy Starboard's user-friendly features and modern look. It certainly allows the user to book tours with ease.

Cons

My only complaint is that there are not enough short cuts which can lead to a longer booking process.

Response from Starboard Suite

Amanda,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

I'm glad to hear that you're generally pleased with our software and that it's been easy to learn.

User-friendly features and easy booking are definitely what we're after, so it's great to hear that we're getting it right :)

In terms of additional "short cuts", we'd love to hear what you have in mind! Please don't hesitate to submit a feature request through our support tool.

Kristen W.

Happy user

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

I use starboard to schedule guests on tours. It plays a huge part in daily activities and is always reliable

Pros

How clearly information is displayed for both employees and guests

Cons

It can be difficult to log in as a user.

Response from Starboard Suite

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

I'm glad to hear that you're finding our software reliable and that the information is displayed clearly for your team and your guests!

Logging in should be super easy.. if you're finding it difficult for some reason, we'd love to help! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.

Cody B.

Outstanding service

Reviewed on 2017/04/27

Starboard Suite is new to our company this season and so far, we could not be happier. The customer service is outstanding and very accommodating to our needs as a tour and rental business. Moving forward, we don't see any reason why we would not continue to integrate Starboard Suite into our website for our online reservations.

Pros

It's logical layout and ease of use.

Cons

I have not come across something I do not like yet.

Response from Starboard Suite

Hi Cody,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're thrilled to have you on board, and glad that everything has been working out so well.

Looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come :)

Jody H.
  • Industry: Sports

I was able to learn this on my first day of training and the next day I was using it on my own!

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

I learned more about reservation programs.

Pros

How easy it is to navigate and correct errors. I love that I can edit so many minor things like special cost per time of day or insert special discounts my way.

Cons

There was one part that wasn't clear why I had to maneuver through the steps a certain way but it wasn't hard since that's the way I was taught.

Response from Starboard Suite

Hi Jody,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're glad to hear that it's been so easy to get started with Starboard Suite, and that you're enjoying working with the system.

Wishing you a wonderful summer!

Eric L.

So far it's outstanding!

Reviewed on 2017/05/25

ease of use

Pros

The customer service with Starboard Suite is incredible. Any time we have any needs or issues, they are willing to help us until it's figured out.

Response from Starboard Suite

Eric,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

I'm glad to hear that everything has been working out so well for you. Getting your four businesses set up has kept us busy for a few weeks :)

We're thrilled to have you on board, and looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years.

Randall G.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Seamless transition from old system.

Reviewed on 2017/06/28

Ease of use. Handles everything we need to do, and more.

Pros

Flexible, user friendly, great customer service and tech support. It's new for us, but could not be happier so far.

Response from Starboard Suite

Randall,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're thrilled to have you on board, and looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come :)

Wishing you a great summer season!

If there's anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Kaycee B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Thank you!

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pros

As a manager, I can check the reservation system to know what I need to order for the week. It makes my job that much easier.

Cons

There isn’t anything I don’t like about it.

Response from Starboard Suite

Kaycee,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're glad to hear that Starboard Suite is making your job easier!

We really appreciate having you on board.

Laura C.

Very easy to use and excellent for business!

Reviewed on 2017/08/21

Pros

It's not very hard to navigate and everything is right there that you need. It didn't take me any time to learn the software.

Response from Starboard Suite

Hi Laura,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

I'm really glad to hear that you're enjoying working with our software and that we're making it easy to do your job :)

Marta H.
  • Industry: Accounting

easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Pros

easy to use; it validates credit card numbers which is really important in case we need to charge a credit card

Response from Starboard Suite

Marta,

Thanks for writing a review!

We're thrilled to have you on board, and wish you a great season.

If there's ever anything we can help with, just let us know.

Tom B.

Greatest Customer Service in the World!!

Reviewed on 2016/04/10

We have been using Starboard Suite for over two years and find it to be user friendly, easy to adapt to changes in our business, and of over the top customer service. Its easy to train partners to use the system which is a big time saver for us. Also the many reports it generates makes it easy to invoice your customers and understand haw to tweak your business.

I would highly recommend this system to anyone.

Response from Starboard Suite

Tom,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review!

We very much appreciate your feedback, and we're thrilled that things are working out so well!

Heather T.

Excellent Service! Excellent Product!

Reviewed on 2016/02/10

I really can't say enough about how impressed we've been with the customer service and the product we receive from Starboard Suite. Mike has gone above and beyond in every instance, has provided a solution to every problem and his "can do" approach to each project is refreshing.

Response from Starboard Suite

Hi Heather,

Thanks for the kind review!

In addition to our reservation and ticketing platform, customization and "white glove service" are very important to us.

It's great to hear that we're focusing our efforts in the right place :)

Cassie C.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Reviewed on 2016/11/10

this has streamlined our reservations and we love how easy it is to use. If we ever have questions or problems customer service s friendly and quick to help.

Response from Starboard Suite

Cassie,

Thanks so much for your kind review!

We're happy to have you on board, and thrilled to know that everything is working out so well for you.

Kirby G.

Easy to use and shows live availability

Reviewed on 2016/03/31

I enjoy using this software as it shows live availability, is easy to use, and best of all - easy to make changes to existing reservations! Some other systems do not allow for changes without being an administrator and that is often annoying as our agents have to call the vendors to make minor changes.

Wayne S.

Great booking solution

Reviewed on 2016/02/10

Starboard Suite is easy to use; easy to manage; easy to update; and, best of all easy, to integrate with your company's website. I recommend it.

Response from Starboard Suite

Thanks, Wayne!

We're glad to hear you're finding Starboard Suite so easy to use, manage, and integrate.

Ashley K.

Well worth the switch

Reviewed on 2020/07/26

It is always a difficult decision to switch to a new reservation system. It was no different for us but we knew when we chose Starboard, we'd made the right call. The staff have been incredibly helpful. Every time we come up with an idea that would make the reservation system better for us, they are willing to listen and try to create that functionality for us.

Pros

There are many great features but one of the things we found most valuable was the willingness to create functions that would work well for our business.

Cons

One thing I would really like to see is a way to check in parts of a group. Some people book as a group but don't arrive at the same time. It would be nice to check them in as they show up.

Response from Starboard Suite

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're thrilled to have your team on board, and I'm really glad to hear that Starboard has worked out so well for you!

Regarding check-ins, I wanted to make sure you know there's a Live Manifest for each event that you can use to keep track of the actual number of individuals from each group.

We also recently added Today's Manifests that shows a full day of event manifests on a single screen.

And, our Ticket Scanner app is connected to the manifests, so that could be an option for you to track individuals boarding as well.

If you'd like more info on any of these options, please don't hesitate to reach out.