Trail Blazer Campaign Manager

Cloud-based voter management and fundraising CRM.

Bryan L.
  • Industry: Political Organization

Has a lot of potential - support was awesome

Reviewed on 2020/12/29

It was good. While we had issues with the UI and using the application support team was awesome and we were able to use the product.

Pros

The technical support team was awesome. The product was not easy to use, very Visual Basic old windows MDI window format. The technical team was patient and very helpful in getting us to navigate around.

Cons

The UI was old fashion Windows 3.x, 95 style that was not web compliant. The over feel was clunky but navigatable. It required a remote desktop for non-Windows users. Was missing several key features, like customizing map output and I could not find a good API layer to develop our own maps and other features.

Jeri J.

Best customer service

Reviewed on 2017/01/11

We've used Trail Blazer for the past year and the customer service is incredible. I watched all the tutorials but anytime I had a question or I couldn't figure out something TB staff would reply to my email within minutes of sending the request.
The TB system is robust and allows you to streamline all of your donors, grantors, volunteers and events in one place. It is easy to use and if you are stuck on something there are many tutorials and FAQ pages to help you out, and if that fails the customer service will get you on track.
Great company to work with.

Chuck M.
  • Industry: Banking

Limited User

Reviewed on 2020/12/30

Pros

It allows me to get the financial information that I need each month.

Cons

It doesn't always make sense on where to find things.

Tomm H.

Definitely Recommend it

Reviewed on 2013/10/03

The software is extremely simple to use, versatile to different needs, and is easy to integrate to the internet. Definitely a two thumbs up recommendation

Betsy D.

Hit the ground running!

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

As a small non-profit post-secondary trade school, Trail Blazer software lets us handle our communications and fundraising tasks with relative ease, so we can focus our staff time on the creative work of interacting with the people involved with our school.

Pros

I loved that we were able to get set up with Trailblazer relatively easily and start using it for emails to our constituents, registration for events, tracking donor contributions, and reporting on results. We got to focus on the creative work of building our organization, rather than the details of the software. Customer support staff were always great to work with - quick to grasp the problems and quick to resolve them.

Cons

The email functionality is more limited than something like MailChimp. We've decided the tradeoff of having everything in one database outweighs that downside. But I miss some of the customization of content and also giving users the choice to opt-in or out of various topical mailing lists.

Anne H.

Trail Blazer has filled a need for us.

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

We are able to keep up with donor/grant makers, and adopters and engage them for fundraising purposes. The ability to sell tickets to events or raffles is also nice. I'm pretty sure there's much more I could be doing with this software...just haven't had the time to really dig in further and figure that out.

Pros

I have enjoyed the email campaign feature. The pricing has been appropriate for our organization for the most part.

Cons

I wish it was windows based and more user-friendly. It seems 'clunky' compared to other databases I've utilized in other organizations.

Jessica F.

User

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

It has been pretty good so far

Pros

I think there is a lot we don't use as a company, that we could probably benefit from

Cons

Reports are confusing to do. An easier platform would be nice

Maggie O.

Review Title

Reviewed on 2009/10/21

I have and will continue to recommend TB to anyone and everyone. The ease of FEC filing and searchable fields makes TB better then anyone else out there.

Pros

A great campaign tool for any size team. The uploads are easy, mass emails are fairly easy and support staff is the best.

Cons

The difficulty is HTML emails with photos is a challenge.

Cindy L.

Absolutely Amazing Support Team!

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

I transitioned to my current position in the midst of the global pandemic - which was not ideal. Trailblazer has been the ONLY company that I work with that provided immediate, consistent, and friendly training support and admin support. I've worked with several databases in my roles with various non-profit organizations, and the team at Trail Blazer is far superior . Kudos!

Pros

The software is user friendly and understandable.

Cons

I haven't had any negative experiences so far.

Lyn C.

Love It !

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Pros

The price is affordable. Customer Service is prompt and very helpful.

Cons

More customization options would be nice.

Response from Trail Blazer Campaign Services

Thanks, Lyn! Please feel free to email us if there are certain fields that you need to customize or if you would like to elaborate on where customizations need to take place: [email protected]

Sally N.

Awesome Product

Reviewed on 2009/10/23

highly recommend for anyone working in political campaigns.

Pros

easy to use and allows unlimited data to be stored. easy interface with louisiana's voter files. customer service is amazing. if they don't have what you need, they will create it for you.

Cons

none that i can think of. if i could, they'd fix it.

Response from Trail Blazer Campaign Services

Thanks!!

Chris S.

You guys rock! No nonsense powerful software and great support = You guys rock!

Reviewed on 2015/06/09

While the interface has a steeper learning curve some other programs, it allows for much more customization and analysis than the other programs I have played with. The support staff (Kevin) is lightning fast to respond to any issue or question. I have been using Trailblazer for almost a year now, and can't imagine switching to another database.

Bex K.

Trail Blazer: The Good, The Bad, the Ugly

Reviewed on 2021/01/05

As our donor database, Trail Blazer is reliable. It is reliable in that it gets the job done, but requires a lot of extra time and effort to execute simple functions, as the names and systems for organizing data logically are often pretty hard to understand. While there is amazing customer support and plentiful resources on their website, I wish it were a more user friendly platform so I didn't have to rely so heavily on their support staff. That being said, because the support staff is so accessible, I'm mostly okay with this system, and am grateful for all the staff who have assisted me over the years.

Pros

What I love most about Trail Blazer is the amazing customer service they offer. I call their support staff about once a week for help and they are always incredibly friendly, patient and helpful. Also, it is a very powerful software with many options for managing our data.

Cons

The user interface is clunky, there are a lot of unintuitive formulas. It is a very powerful software but I find it quite hard to use.

• Industry: Entertainment

Bare bones, but affordable

Reviewed on 2018/11/09

Pros

The price, it's a fraction of other CRMs. The support generally is very good as well

Cons

It's not very intuitive to use, time-consuming, and does not sync with Constant Contact or other major e-mail service.

Thomas C.

I don't know what this title things means

Reviewed on 2009/10/20

Would buy again if given the choice.

Pros

Very easy to install. Pretty intuitive use

Cons

Nothing really of significance that I have noted.

Lynn W.

Treasurer

Reviewed on 2011/03/02

This product is easy to use even for those who dont use software. But the most outstanding feature is the customer support; no question is too small, or even strange. They take their time and dont rush through. I had a customer support person on the phone for 2 plus hours as we worked out a problem that really wasnt theirs. They are a great group of people to work with. I would suggest this produce to anyone needing software to deal with FEC filings and all other things related with the election process. Thank you for making my job easier.

Pros

The ease of use. The customer support.

Cons

Some processes seemed redundant