SimpleTexting

Simple yet powerful SMS marketing platform for everyone

Shelby R.

Software has everything we need!

Reviewed on 2020/05/29

We've really loved being able to build our SMS list and SimpleTexting has been easy to use.

Pros

We had tried three options simultaneously and picked SimpleTexting because it has so many integrations that are easy to use. We are able to do giveaway contests, collect data, it integrates with our email software - really, they are the pros and have figured out what most clients need from the start.

Cons

There's nothing that I dislike thus far. It is slightly more expensive than other options, but right now it's worth it for all of the integrations

Lauren S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great customer service!

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

So far, I love this software and I have already recommended it to other camping professionals who handle recruiting!

Pros

What I like about this software is that I am able to contact recruits without using my own telephone number. I am able to save their contacts to the app and message recruits the same way I would on my personal phone, but I am not crowding up my personal messages app with contacts that I barely know.

Cons

At first, when I was learning about the software in the free trial, I wasn't able to send as many messages as I was hoping (in order to see if the product fit what I actually did on a daily basis). However, I contacted customer support and they were more than happy to help me out so that I could communicate how I needed.

Response from SimpleTexting

Thanks for this review, Lauren! We're really glad you've been able to keep your personal phone and contact info private by using SimpleTexting for your recruiting-related communication. :D

Also, thanks for the feedback regarding the trial! As you know, we do provide 50 free messaging credits on our 2-week free trial, but we're always happy to talk through what makes the most sense for each individual user. :) Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if there's anything else we can do for you!

Hattie R.

Communication with Employees

Reviewed on 2020/06/29

In our construction business we have employees in several states on multiple jobsites and we needed a communication tool for our crew members in the field that don't have company assigned emails. SimpleTexting has been an effective tool to get this job done! We implemented this last fall as a way to highlight crews and projects with the occasional employment related text message. When COVID-19 hit, SimpleTexting became a great tool to get updated information and policy out to everyone in real time. I've already recommended SimpleTexting to others and have received many positive comments back from our crew members.
Customer service has been quick to respond and persistent until they find a solution! The chats are a great way to communicate! Representatives are helpful and kind which is always appreciated!

Pros

Easy to use, can schedule multiple messages ahead of time.

Cons

I don't think there is anything on SimpleTexting's side. Some phone service providers have issues with the photos sent through MMS messages.

Mike F.

Brings our business into the new decade!

Reviewed on 2020/01/13

It is easy to set up and implement. I researched every competitor I could find and SimpleTexting was by far the best value. Setting up separate keywords for each property I offer for sale gives me instant feedback on what ones are more popular than others. And doing a text "blast" to my list has a much better response rate than an identical email "blast".

Pros

It is an easy to use and effective way to engage with prospects and customers.

Cons

I can't think of anything I do not like.

Response from SimpleTexting

Thank you so much for this positive review, Mike! We love our real estate customers and are so happy that the platform's become an easy way for you to connect with your prospects (and that it's been easier than email!). Let us know if there's ever anything else we can do to support you!

Pauline V.

VERY EASY SETUP! we were up and running and sending out messages in a few minutes.

Reviewed on 2018/02/20

Pros

It makes SMS and shortcodes easy to use and manage. Other software would entail months of setup for a shortcode (but it's more specific / our own) however this one still works pretty much the same way! It's all about convenience and efficiency. Also easy to create and schedule blasts to our clients and hot leads. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS AMAZING. We have never had a chat wait for more than 3 minutes. SOMEONE IS ALWAYS THERE TO HELP OUT.

Cons

The limitations on imports. I still love how quick and easy it is to communicate with customer support so they can increase the limits on our imports but we churn out hot leads fast and it becomes a daily (and possibly tedious future task). we understand the implications of needed consents, but hopefully it can be automated in the future.

Response from SimpleTexting

Thanks for providing some feedback and leaving a review! We've tried to make it as easy as possible to get started with short code messaging, and we're happy that you've been able to make it work so quickly for your business. Our customer support team is super excited about the shout out, they work incredibly hard to make it happen for our customers.

We're constantly looking at our processes to make our customers lives easier so I've asked our team to look at the import restrictions. To help ensure the integrity of our service, there are some checks in place but I'm sure we can make it a bit easier for you.

Whitney D.

Mom-preneur MUST HAVE!

Reviewed on 2020/01/21

My business is a child’s product. Moms are buying my items. Moms that are busy, and needing that extra reminder! My text alerts notify my customers when an anticipated release is live, or rewards them with a random discount code! Within minutes of sending a text, I’m pushing sales to my website!

Pros

It’s easy! I’m a business owner with a growing business! But before that...I’m a mom of 4! I need my software to be simple and fast! This meets those needs!

Cons

I wish you could send image! Not links to images, but send the actual image in the text and still have a link to shop!

Response from SimpleTexting

Hey Whitney! Thanks for this positive review! We love our mompreneurs and are so thrilled the platform is helping to drive sales to your website. :D

I wanted to let you know that you actually can send images (along with links to your shop) in the same message! You can do this by toggling the "MMS" button when sending a Campaign. You can read more about sending images here: http://txt.vg/YyBW70.

Let us know if you have any questions as you go to do this!

Nathaniel S.
  • Industry: Printing

Very easy overall - use for Emergency Notifications and Preparedness

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

I use this for employee notifications in the event of an emergency, power outage, or other hazard at work which is really helpful. I have found it increasingly useful during Covid times to notify affected individuals quickly to get them all in the know and follow up with further details after.

Very beneficial and easy to use and a nominal cost for the ability to communicate easily with a large group of employees who don't have email or are possibly heading into work!

Pros

It was very easy to upload all of our employees names and numbers into an excel sheet and import in a few seconds, that saves us loads of time! Employees can opt out easily as well if they choose.

Also, I use similar notifications so I can quickly cut and paste from a previous campaign and update as needed.

Cons

I often send a longer message than 160 characters and so I split the SMS into 2 campaigns rather than the software doing it automatically. They have an MMS option that might be the correct option but I am not sure of the differences.

Carli D.

So easy to use!

Reviewed on 2020/01/24

I tried using another company before simple texting. It was so confusing so I searched for a new company and found simple texting. It was easy to set up and it’s easy to send out texts! Plus it’s a great value. I love that I can auto schedule texts too, so I can set and forget.

Pros

Ease of use. Value. Auto scheduling texts.

Cons

I can’t think of a con of this product. Everything has been great.

Response from SimpleTexting

Hi Carli! This review was so great to read. It's wonderful to hear that you've found SimpleTexting to be so much easier to use than the platform you were using before. We're so glad the ability to schedule (and "set and forget") messages has been so helpful in streamlining things for you, too. :) Keep up the great work, and let us know if there's ever anything else we can help you with!

Nico R.

Reviewed on 2020/07/30

Customer service was exceptional. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was my representative, and could not have been more helpful. I was about to cancel my service, but she helped make the platform more usable for my business. If this was my employee she would get a raise, I will be a customer for the foreseeable future because of her help.

Pros

Ease of use, app makes phone use simple.

Cons

I would love to see drip campaigns setup to make my use more automated.

Tonia G.

Easy to use and administrate

Reviewed on 2020/07/10

Reaching customers through texting is exceptionally helpful and unlike other more expensive options like print and TV, you see immediate results. You will get out what you put into it.

Pros

Love the intuitive interface and uncomplicated panels. Adding users is easy, and the program is simple enough to empower all levels of tech proficiency. Even more, love the instant chat support -have used it several times.

Cons

Would love a few more criteria options for list segmentation, but it works fine.

Eric S.

Clean and simple, just like their name

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

The API was easy to get connected to, and the web interface was also clean and intuitive. Customer support was great, as they put me immediately in touch with someone who could fix my issue right away.

Mary C.

Superior Customer Support - Functionality Needs Improvement

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

Your Customer Support is second to none! Seriously! They were so helpful and patient - we had to keep going back and forth and everyone I talked to took the time to get the survey system working correctly, etc. I was thankful that they were there because I needed them .... a lot!

Pros

Customer Support, and, if I had gotten far enough into using it - probably the automation

Cons

The functionality kept glitching - I would get it working correctly so that the flow was working well, and then I would send it out to our clients and it either wouldn't work, or something else was wrong with the flow

Maryjo M.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

Love the product - it's fast and easy to use

Pros

Easy to use - user friendly. Easy for distribution of message to the entire company.

Cons

Would like to be able to view/sort the list of our employees alphabetically (or by dept., etc)
Not alot of characters allowed for longer messages - but it's a descent amount for a quick message

Response from SimpleTexting

Hey MaryJo! Thanks for the great feedback. Our web based and mobile app version are easy to use indeed. We're glad that the program helps you in sending notification blasts to the entire company - one send per blast. I will pass along your idea to alphabetically view/sort your contacts. You can actually send a text up to 1600 characters. Please reach out to the support team if you need assistance.

Daniel C.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

Very good. I love the product.

Pros

It helps promote my business and that of my customers. I am able to show my customers real data results.

Cons

It took me a while to figure out all the features —but the customer service is great. I always get a call back or email exchange to offer support

Response from SimpleTexting

Hey Daniel! So thrilled to hear SimpleTexting has helped you and your customers' businesses!

Also, thanks for the feedback regarding figuring out our features! We're more than happy to hop on a call or a screen share anytime to chat through anything you have questions about setting up. :)

If you have any specific feedback on how we can make things easier to understand upfront, please let us know at [email protected]! We take all feature requests really seriously and want to make sure our platform is as intuitive as possible. :)

Keep up the great work!

Kipp B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Support has been exceptional!

Reviewed on 2020/06/18

Easy to use product. Excellent customer service. Will recommend to anyone needing similar service.

Pros

As a new user to this software and platform, I have been impressed with Simple Texting support and customer service. The quiet confidence of allowing the user to conduct a free trial with the product, kick the tires, drive it around, make sure you like it - that was a big plus in making our decision. Outside of that, each representative as been extremely patient and helpful (with basic questions coming from a new user). The representatives have been knowledgeable and easy to communicate with on a wide range of topics (SMS vs MMS, importing, credits, keywords, subscribers opt in opt out, billing, etc.). Plain and simple - I recommend Simple Texting.

Cons

I have not found any yet, but feel certainly Simple Texting would work diligently to accommodate and correct any issue.

Clinton J.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Loved simple texting

Reviewed on 2020/03/07

Pros

Simple texting allows you to create templates that you can apply and use for multiple campaigns. We enjoyed using their great service.

Cons

Honestly, the only thing we couldn’t do was create workflows so that we did not have to set up new campaigns over and over again.

Harrison A.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Simply the best

Reviewed on 2018/11/09

We use texting for multiple campaigns and objectives. Simple Texting has everything we need and much more.

Pros

Simple Texting is the best tool for texting based campaigns, and their support is A+. And of course the value is just too good to pass up.

Cons

Hard to find when searching for best texting platfomr

Response from SimpleTexting

Thank you so much for your kind words Harrison! We're happy that we've been able to provide all the tools that you need to your text campaigns and we work hard to introduce new features that will best serve our customers.

Arthur H.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

An awesome application!

Reviewed on 2020/08/31

We have been able to make and retain great contacts and we can reach a larger audience than ever before!

Pros

This was user friendly and we were able to begin using right away. The free trial and the monthly costs are great to begin with and the ability to upgrade quickly is nice. I also like the email notifications.

Cons

Sometimes our messages are reviewed and that takes away some urgency, but with the rules and regs it makes sense that that has to be done.

Jennifer C.

Connecting with Congregation

Reviewed on 2020/05/18

Pros

SimpleTexting has allowed us to connect with our congregation in new ways while we can't be meeting in person. We now have a weekly tool to find out who is connecting with us online and how they are experiencing our service.

Cons

I have had some difficulty conecting with support. Once I get connected, the support has been very helpful.

Ankur S.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Inexpensive tool with good features

Reviewed on 2020/08/06

Pros

Product is easy to use. Cost wise it is inexpensive then competitors

Cons

Contact list has tobe shared with all in order to make all users send message

Doug C.

Finally a way to get off your phone

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Pros

I really like Simple Texting for business. No one likes calls anymore. A text can be delivered at any time of day and everyone gets them and reads them.

Cons

I'm not always sure that the texts are read or if the client wants these texts but there is always a way to opt out for them

Response from SimpleTexting

Thanks for the feedback Doug! We're happy to have allowed you to reach your clients without needing to make any calls! The great thing about texting is that the vast majority of texts are opened, with most being opened within a few minutes of being received!

Keith P.

Really easy!!!!

Reviewed on 2020/11/30

We are using SimpleTexting to solve our issue with getting information to all employees.

Pros

One of the things I wanted in a text service was simplicity and cost. I wanted a service that offered an easy way to send our monthly safety videos to all of our employees. It was also important that it not cost a ton. I feel that we get all of that plus with SimpleTexting.

Cons

The schedule text option doesn't seem to work as

Response from SimpleTexting

Hello Keith! Thanks a lot for the great review. Aside from competitive pricing, we love that you found the platform easy to use and is serving you well. With scheduled text, we would be happy to discuss some details on it to see how we can make it work for you. You may reach out to our amazing support team from 9am to 9pm Eastern time.

Pamela R.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

Pros

The simplicity of the software. It is a very intuitive and user friendly platform that is affordable.

Cons

For a little while it was a little clunky but their customer service team was always quick to resolve.

Kurt J.

SMS Texting Par Excellence!

Reviewed on 2016/04/01

I spent some time searching for an SMS platform for my Christian ministry and decided to go with SimpleTexting. Boy was I pleased! One of the great features to this program is the unlimited use of keywords. Other programs were charging an arm and a leg so the choice was obvious on that point. After I signed up for a monthly plan I was contacted by a customer service rep. Let me say that this has been the BEST customer service I have EVER received in my entire life. I set up a time to get a brief tutorial and was even able to text my rep with some questions. 6 stars for Customer Service! Finally, I was told about some of the upcoming features for SimpleTexting so I'm glad to know that they are not just a stagnant program. I'm very proud to be one of their clients.

Valeria F.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

SimpleTexting Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it allows me to communicate with people with whom I'm interested in doing business with and have efficient customer-service conversations.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it crashes sometimes and has bugs that need to be fixed such as how slow it can get sometimes.

Response from SimpleTexting

Thank you for your feedback Valeria! I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some issues. Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] so we can help! You can also click on the blue and white chat bubble on our site or within your account to reach the team!