4,7
4,8
Geoff T.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: Self Employed

A unique and powerful platform

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/04/20

This platform has been a great success in taking paper-based processes onto mobile devices and producing bespoke reports automatically. The support is excellent and I highly recommend it.

Pros

I discovered Forms on Fire while researching platforms that could replace the paper-based systems of one of my consulting clients. No other platform offered the same level of flexibility, power and support. I can build exactly what they need without them having to bend their long-established processes out of shape to fit into a purpose-built platform. The results have been excellent - hundreds of hours saved per month and continuously improving. Forms on Fire integrates with their existing SQL database, and produces Word reports that use the existing template. This process is seamless, producing far more detailed and better-looking reports than alternatives.

Cons

There are features that lack some polish or ease of use (e.g. currently the sketch feature has some quirks when used for making diagrams rather than recording signatures), but the support team is always open to feedback and every concern I have raised has been either addressed immediately or I have been advised that it is being considered for development.

Cliff G.
Industry: Machinery

Easiest to Implement!

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Very pleased with the ease of developing our forms, distributing, updating, and collecting the uploaded data . The drag and drop interface for forms is outstanding and the help files make it easy to develop any workflow you can imagine, very powerful!

Pros

Our team especially liked the openness of the software programming interface, the associated help files, and the superb customer support whenever we had a question. We knew going in that we would have some "special tasks" we would need to implement and Forms On Fire appeared to have the best programming system in place to easily make that happen using our own personnel and not requiring the software company to handle everything at additional cost. The system is so easy it just doesn't require that much support, but if you need it, they are there to help!

Cons

I think the website interface could use a few minor improvements like having data view columns maintain their positions between sessions or refreshes, and perhaps a little more development on the dashboard, although we'll probably develop our own that most of the vendors for this type of software simply don't offer.

Response from Forms On Fire

Hi Cliff, thank you for your very kind words. We appreciate all our clients. Most our clients want such specific information about dashboards. Have you talked to our pro services team about designing something for you and your specific data? Reach out to us, we want to help!

-Kendall

Alex C.
Industry: Construction

Smooth interface but technical issues frequently come up

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

Pros

The software is easy to use, clean interface, and alerts me when I am missing required information

Cons

There are frequent problems whenever we try to make an update, things don’t seem to work how we expected them to. Also the documents this platform generates seem to be missing items and we can’t figure out how to fix this.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Francisco M.
Industry: Construction

Helps us stand out

Reviewed on 2020/04/18

Helps us stand out from the competition

Pros

Connectivity with other software. It allows us to include pictures into the report.

Cons

Programming is not that easy, hard to learn.

Mark H.
Industry: Environmental Services

Mobile forms that work

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

Learning curve was not as complex as other platforms I have used. The online support has been good. System up time has never been a concern. Employee adoption has been great. Overaall glad I moved to Forms on Fire

Pros

The capability of the platform allows you to create simple and complex form solutions.
It 's built in support for the Windows platform has simplified my development and testing of forms.
It supports SharePoint integration which makes updating the mobile lists in the platform effortless.

Cons

The SharePoint connector doe not allow changes int he lists on your device to be updated thru the SharePoint connector

Nick B.
Industry: Renewables & Environment
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Forms on Fire Review.

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

Pros

In one word: flexibility. Basic forms can be developed by almost anybody. More advanced forms can be developed by getting a little creative, though you may need to reach out to Forms on Fire to help implement your desired solution.

Cons

Forms on Fire can be incredibly complex, requiring users to do a lot of learning.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Manuela S.
Industry: Environmental Services
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Forms on Fire

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

We are using Forms on Fire on all our field tablets to gather resident and sampling information. Greatly reduces the use of paper, and minimizes with pull down menus the typing errors, etc.

Pros

System is flexible, powerful, and easily adaptable to a lot of different applications. We were able to use existing templates and got them integrated into our user platform relatively easy. User friendly, app does save any information entered if you have to quickly exit and loose service. Fantastic customer support.

Cons

Some features are still being worked on, at times can become unstable and crash on us in the field. Fortunately, the entered data is being saved and we loose little time until we are back up and running.

James G.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Excellent Platform

Reviewed on 2020/04/18

Mobile option helped us stay informed with weekly, monthly and yearly sales at all of our assigned store locations.

Pros

Ease of use with platform. I visit stores daily and use this tool to keep track of previous visits, sales data has been incorporated into the tool, as well as relevant information to help keep stores and my on track. This software was modified to fit what the Territory Managers with my company needed and required of the tool.

Cons

Excellent initial product, but needed modified to fit my job.

Albert W.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Think it's a great product

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

Overall experience with this product has been great

Pros

Easy for end users to complete and share information

Cons

Data not always the way you want for presentation

Chad R.
Industry: Public Safety

User friendly

Reviewed on 2020/04/19

Pros

I love how easy it is to fill out the forms and the ability to add new forms as needed

Cons

In ability to delete a form in the field if you needed to

Joanna W.

Fun to use, so robust for small businesses looking for efficiency

Reviewed on 2018/05/25

Ability to gather info from guys in the field and turn it into nice-looking reports for customers and actionable knowledge for the office.

Pros

When my business needed a form built and I was tired of waiting for programmers to build stuff for us that cost a lot of money and our time trying to explain to them what we needed, then wasn't quite right because they still don't really understand our business, I decided to build one myself. I then spent a lot of time looking at different products, and most of the ones that had the core functionality I needed (the ability to automatically create PDFs) were either too annoyingly simple and couldn't make the calculations I needed or they were so complex I would have to learn a lot of programming. Thank goodness I found Forms on Fire! It's the perfect middle ground that lets me do amazing things with a little work and playing around but takes care of the basics in the background.

Cons

They have a knowledge base that is great for getting started, but often doesn't show enough examples for me to quickly understand how to make their more advanced features work. And sometimes they go ahead and release new features (yay!) without fully debugging or writing up how to use or the bugs they've already found and are working on.

Response from Forms On Fire

Hi Joanna, we appreciate your kind words and we now have a process in place for adding examples to our knowledge base, which occurs every week!

Robert h M.
Industry: Real Estate

Insane levels of power and customization at an affordable price

Reviewed on 2018/04/13

FoF allowed us to create custom inspection forms to match exactly what we needed without any superfluous junk that would just get in the way. Other platforms we looked at required us to use pre-existing templates that would make us either have to ignore or fill out stuff we didn't care about, while FoF allowed us to make custom inspection forms for every aspect of the business for easy tracking/sorting/recording of in-field data that's vital to our business.

Pros

It allows anyone to customize inspection forms for literally any industry and/or location at an affordable price. Get just what you want, nothing more, nothing less. One-size-fits-all doesn't actually fit anyone; this software fits YOU like a bespoke suit from Lloyd's of London.

Cons

The interface to make your own forms isn't 100% intuitive, though the amount of time needed to learn is very short and you can be up and running in less than an hour. Subsequent customization of forms is really easy.

Response from Forms On Fire

Thank you Robert, we appreciate the kind words and glad you have joined our movement!

Jackie B.

Make Forms That Make Everyone's Life Easier!

Reviewed on 2018/03/03

Pros

I'm a CODiE Award judge and have seen a ton of product. Forms On Fire are clearly mobile experts and have built a product that solves a core problem: how to create forms that make everyone's life easier - starting with yours!

(No need to hire an army of SW developers who'll take months, only to add so much complexity that end-users won't use them.)

In my opinion, here are some best use cases:

Marketing & Finance Execs have 100's of new projects requiring input from multiple key stakeholders, critical dependencies and conflicting deadlines (activations, email campaigns, events, trade shows, surveys, new product launches, press releases, content updates etc..). Collaboration meetings are endless, the teams out straight and deadlines are near. The last thing anyone wants to do is fill out a form - unless you can make one that's easy and adds to their productivity, rather than subtracts.

Formsonfire let's you create a form for repeatable tasks that you can also pre-set to be sent to the parties you choose to, at the schedule you need.

Its intuitive design, the fanatically customer-centric support team and library of visual tutorials, ensure the form you envisioned is exactly what you get. Only you know how your key stakeholders' world works. You can make it easy for them, and they'll make life easier for you.

In today's gig economy, (Lyft, Uber, Instacart, Postmates, Jobble etc.),HR onboards 100's or staff, quickly and accurately. Formsonfire's the answer!

Cons

I was able to get started without contacting them for any help. But more tutorials are always welcome.

Response from Forms On Fire

Thanks again for your kind words Jackie, and if you want to get another product tour to see what is coming down the road, sign up at our web site.

Micah K.

GOOD DIY FORM BUILDER

Reviewed on 2016/04/18

I run a small business and needed a form built. I had looked at other places but most required you to pay them to build a form and were easily over $2,000. A reason I was attracted to Forms on Fire was they provide DIY templates which can be customized. Before trying to build it myself, I enquired about them building my form. Their estimate came back at the price for an 8 hour retainer(Quite Hefty). At hearing that, I Reckon as long as it doesn't take me 80 hours to build it on my own ill be doing ok. I am not a computer savvy person, I didn't know what many of the names of certain features meant. At the time I thought maybe for a person who's used to building forms with binary code or something crazy this may be an "easy" DIY form builder. For a person off the street however, I think it would be very confusing. If it were not for Learning about a free tech support session with one of their staff, I think I would still be banging my head on my desk. I jumped at the chance to get some insight into this brave new world I had entered. I was astoundingly fortunate to have spent the session with Megan who was absolutely delighted to show me through the form and explain the terminology(FYI they have since put together a bunch of youtube video tutorials). After that amazingly helpful session, I then proceeded to build my entire form for the next three hours( it really is easy once you know what the terminology is). The form has since taken maybe another hour to tweak and add some things to make it perfect. All told from beginning to end it has taken five hours(75 hours ahead of schedule...SAVINGS!). Once I was guided through, it actually became fun. I'm so happy with how it turned out, and it has given me a huge advantage over the competition. I would highly recommend watching the videos, taking the support session(I hope you get to spend the session with megan she is a wonderful guide) and build it yourself. The feeling of accomplishment and knowing its built to your exact specifications, saving money but more importantly time is priceless. cheers!!

George M.

Forms On Fire saved the day

Reviewed on 2016/04/12

As a consultant serving a rapidly growing business, I needed a technology I could count on for reliability, scalability, easy configuration, and ease of maintenance. We didn't have the budget for a custom-code software project or to buy a big ERP solution. We had some internal processes and some customer-facing processes that needed to be standardized, controlled, and mobilized to improve our performance against the bottom line and to strengthen our competitive edge.

After a great deal of searching, I found Forms On Fire. The incredible flexibility and power of the Forms On Fire platform gave us everything we needed at an incredibly competitive price. One of the greatest things about it is the ease with which we can make changes to and manage the solution ourselves. That was an essential requirement that we had a hard time finding elsewhere.

We needed something that could operate smoothly on our mobile devices. Some of our team are using tablets, some on smartphones, and all on a mixture of Android and iOS operating systems. We needed a solution to connect reliably to two external data systems, output PDF documents , and automatically send multiple emails throughout workflow processes. In the past, such a list of requirements would have been extremely expensive to produce and would have required contracting with software developers. When I found Forms On Fire I was elated because I knew I could take care of my client successfully and that many future projects would be a breeze.

My clients often see technology implementations as expensive, time-consuming and risky. Forms On Fire really came through and showed us how painless it can be. Their customer service is outstanding and it helps to have competent, responsive help only a phone call away when you're dealing with the information backbone of a business.

If you have been searching for something to enable and mobilize your business, Forms On Fire is the best answer I have found. I look forward to further work with them.

Response from Forms On Fire

We LOVE our clients!

Chris W.
Industry: Renewables & Environment

Covers everything from simple to complex

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We have been working with Forms On Fire for over 2 years and are very pleased with the excellent service and a great product. We use this software to build our own survey apps which are heavy on data and have lots of photos. It is easy to use and building a form is a fairly simple process. We rely heavily on the connectors to save forms to Box and for customer facing reports. Being able to customize a report in Word is amazing when compared to our old mobile survey system. Our field users love the ease of use and the instant update.

Regular enhancements and new features keep expanding its usability.

Great product with some of the best customer support you will find!

Pros

Ease of use, great support, easy adoption and deployment

Cons

The mapping feature, using GPS function still needs improvement

Response from Forms On Fire

Chris, be sure to send us any improvements you want to see in the GPS/Mapping function, we would love to hear your ideas and see if we can include them into the 2017 product roadmap!

Sébastien L.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great software and Costumer service

Reviewed on 2020/04/18

The mobile experience is great overall. We got problems with specific form when we tried to get a task done.
The mobile version is pretty much intuitive. Users learned very quickly by themselves.

Pros

This software has multiple features.
The form builder offers you any kind of options you’d have and needs.
Their customer service and technician quickly reply to your questions and problems.
Detailed users management.

Cons

The form builder is a bit tricky to learn. If your needs are basics features it’s quite simple, but since you get in more complex forms then you’d probably need their help to get it work properly.

Great product for mobile field forms.

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Reasonable and flexible pricing model.
Helpful customer support
Flexibility and efficiency in document production for collected data/

Pros

Sharepoint connector simplified my life and makes updating form fields seamlessly. The ability to generate documents and upload to SharePoint (or 11 other connectors) eliminated several steps and failure points in my old system. The ability to create a new version of a form and deploy in teat mode to selected users allows continuous form development and testing without impacting forms deployed currently. Forms on Fire pricing makes the product a good value.

Cons

Dispatch seems to be more complex than needed and has limited features. It might be that I do not completely understand the feature yet.

Response from Forms On Fire

Hello, and thank you for the review. Please contact our support team to organize a time with us to implement the dispatch/workflow features. We think you will be able to get done what you want.

Will J.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Excellent all-round data capture tool

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

We started out using FOF as a basic inspection tool but we've started to realize how powerful it is for tasks such as inventory management. Equally impressive is the ability to generate, email and file really nice templated documents in under a minute.

Pros

We've used this software for everything from general inspections to land assessments. Except for a few advanced features the software is exceptionally easy to use and I've always received great customer service if I get stuck on something. Offline data capture and offline printing are really powerful features.

Cons

Not much to dislike. It's a bit tough to get your head around some of the data-source read/write functions....but again their customer-service makes up for it whenever you encounter an issue.

Jose F.
Industry: Law Enforcement

Forms on Fire Amazing

Reviewed on 2017/04/03

Forms on fire (FOF) allows for businesses to create forms and automate processes that would otherwise be time consuming in the paper world. I tried and reviewed numerous other companies Fast Forms, Pronto Forms and Happy Inspector to name a few to determine the product that best served my needs. I needed a software easy to use, flexible and worked on three platforms iOS, Android and Windows. The ability to design, create and import data in different formats to include software support. Most importantly it needed to be priced affordably. Let me state this clearly, FOF is truly an amazing software that met all my expectations. Most importantly the pricing was lower if not comparable to the competition. The customer service was just insane, they were helpful, provided my with video and live support, one on one session and followed up with me to see if I had questions (I had plenty). What sealed the deal for me was the pricing and the cross platform availability. Megan Jackson of FOF was fantastic and incredibly helpful. As of the posting of this review, FOF redesigned the dashboard and it was no surprise to see that it was astatically pleasing visually and even more functional. Guys keep up the good work!

Pros

The availability to use it on different platforms ios, android and windows. I am not always in the field so when I am on the desktop (Windows) I love that I can open the software edit forms and preview what it will look like without having to use my tablet.

Cons

I would like to see more flexibility with the logo design, specifically I could not enlarge the logo. I would also like to see a mission or vision field that can be incorporated with the logo design.

Robert M.
Industry: Real Estate

Changes the game for mobile data collection!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

I found Forms on Fire about a year ago and it's had an unbelievable effect on our operations. I manage a large apartment community and collecting tons of in-field data is essential to what we do. FOF allowed us to create easy-to-use custom forms which streamlined our process and replaced paper entirely. We increased our billings for damage chargebacks by $30k this year due to the ease with which our Maintenance Techs could record the damages and select from pre-populated options - then the form emails a customer-ready PDF right to our Accounting Manager. It's brilliant. You absolutely can't find a better solution than FOF for all of your survey/data collection needs. I'm a raving fan.

Pros

Ease of use is phenomenal. The customization is really the powerful feature here - you can get exactly what you want, and nothing you don't. It's truly a game changer. Customer support is truly second to none and they know you by name. It's like dealing with a family company. Great experience.

Cons

Because the customization is so complete, it does take a little while to learn how to use it to its fullest. The learning curve is short, though, and once you make the investment of a couple of hours, you'll be enamored with the abilities.

Response from Forms On Fire

Wait till you see what we have planned for 2017 Rob!

Micah K.

Great Customer Service and pretty easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

It was a little difficult learning how to create my first form, but after talking with their support staff for an hour. I was able to build my custom form from scratch. I have since created many other custom forms on the same platform giving my business the leading edge over my competitors. thank you form on fire for a great software.
Cheers

Pros

once the form is created its very user friendly for my employees to fill out in the field

Cons

its difficult to build the back end of the form. Especially if I want to add in some more in depth logic .

Industry: Management Consulting
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Very versatile and easy to use. Excellent customer support!

Reviewed on 2018/01/26

Ease of use as a designer and user. All of my users are very pleased with user experience. Great support team.

Pros

I have used forms on fire for several types of data collection with my team and have had a very positive experience as a form designer and user. The form builder is intuitive and easy to use and very easy to test. I love the fact that they have a windows app, especially when it comes to testing changes on my forms. Make a change, open window app, test and adjust. Anytime I hit a wall and I am not sure what to do, a few minutes spent on the support chat gets me what I need. Forms on fire is flexible, powerful and an economical way to collect the data my team needs from the field.

Cons

Forms on Fire has a very extensive knowledge base, that could be improved by the addition of some short videos that walk users through some of the more complicated tasks. The support information is all there, I just learn easier when I can see it in action.

Response from Forms On Fire

Hey, thanks again for your terrific review. We just launched a revised knowledge base and I think you're going to like it. Drop by support.formsonfire.com and let us know what you think.

Jamie L.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Awesome!!!

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

We have gone completely paperless, which has saved time and money

Pros

I like the customisability of the software, if you can think of something you want, more than likely.... it can do it. Also their support is second to none

Cons

There is nothing really to dislike... sure there are somethings that some people would want. But these guys listen, and usually deliver the goods in updates

Response from Forms On Fire

We love having you as a client, Jamie. Thank you for the kind words.

Elizabeth E.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

We have had a couple glitches mostly with time issues, but overall the product has worked well.

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Ease of doing forms online in the field

Pros

Once you learn the program it is easy to use. The setup is easy to use with tablets in the field.

Cons

There is a learning curve on creating the forms. When there is an error in your form it is not always easy to trace back. I also think that the program is the most glitchy when I am creating a large form.

Response from Forms On Fire

Hello Elizabeth, thank you for your feedback. If you think there is ever a glitch, please send an immediate email to [email protected] We are happy to help you. Also, for your large form, please reach out and we'll give you a complimentary 1 hour help on your large form.