Showing 113 reviews of 93

Showing 113 reviews of 93
Alex C.

Smooth interface but technical issues frequently come up

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

Pros

The software is easy to use, clean interface, and alerts me when I am missing required information

Cons

There are frequent problems whenever we try to make an update, things don’t seem to work how we expected them to. Also the documents this platform generates seem to be missing items and we can’t figure out how to fix this.

Manuela S.
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Forms on Fire

Reviewed on 2020/05/15

We are using Forms on Fire on all our field tablets to gather resident and sampling information. Greatly reduces the use of paper, and minimizes with pull down menus the typing errors, etc.

Pros

System is flexible, powerful, and easily adaptable to a lot of different applications. We were able to use existing templates and got them integrated into our user platform relatively easy. User friendly, app does save any information entered if you have to quickly exit and loose service. Fantastic customer support.

Cons

Some features are still being worked on, at times can become unstable and crash on us in the field. Fortunately, the entered data is being saved and we loose little time until we are back up and running.

Joanna W.

Fun to use, so robust for small businesses looking for efficiency

Reviewed on 2018/05/25

Ability to gather info from guys in the field and turn it into nice-looking reports for customers and actionable knowledge for the office.

Pros

When my business needed a form built and I was tired of waiting for programmers to build stuff for us that cost a lot of money and our time trying to explain to them what we needed, then wasn't quite right because they still don't really understand our business, I decided to build one myself. I then spent a lot of time looking at different products, and most of the ones that had the core functionality I needed (the ability to automatically create PDFs) were either too annoyingly simple and couldn't make the calculations I needed or they were so complex I would have to learn a lot of programming. Thank goodness I found Forms on Fire! It's the perfect middle ground that lets me do amazing things with a little work and playing around but takes care of the basics in the background.

Cons

They have a knowledge base that is great for getting started, but often doesn't show enough examples for me to quickly understand how to make their more advanced features work. And sometimes they go ahead and release new features (yay!) without fully debugging or writing up how to use or the bugs they've already found and are working on.

Response from Forms On Fire

Hi Joanna, we appreciate your kind words and we now have a process in place for adding examples to our knowledge base, which occurs every week!

Micah K.

GOOD DIY FORM BUILDER

Reviewed on 2016/04/18

I run a small business and needed a form built. I had looked at other places but most required you to pay them to build a form and were easily over $2,000. A reason I was attracted to Forms on Fire was they provide DIY templates which can be customized. Before trying to build it myself, I enquired about them building my form. Their estimate came back at the price for an 8 hour retainer(Quite Hefty). At hearing that, I Reckon as long as it doesn't take me 80 hours to build it on my own ill be doing ok. I am not a computer savvy person, I didn't know what many of the names of certain features meant. At the time I thought maybe for a person who's used to building forms with binary code or something crazy this may be an "easy" DIY form builder. For a person off the street however, I think it would be very confusing. If it were not for Learning about a free tech support session with one of their staff, I think I would still be banging my head on my desk. I jumped at the chance to get some insight into this brave new world I had entered. I was astoundingly fortunate to have spent the session with Megan who was absolutely delighted to show me through the form and explain the terminology(FYI they have since put together a bunch of youtube video tutorials). After that amazingly helpful session, I then proceeded to build my entire form for the next three hours( it really is easy once you know what the terminology is). The form has since taken maybe another hour to tweak and add some things to make it perfect. All told from beginning to end it has taken five hours(75 hours ahead of schedule...SAVINGS!). Once I was guided through, it actually became fun. I'm so happy with how it turned out, and it has given me a huge advantage over the competition. I would highly recommend watching the videos, taking the support session(I hope you get to spend the session with megan she is a wonderful guide) and build it yourself. The feeling of accomplishment and knowing its built to your exact specifications, saving money but more importantly time is priceless. cheers!!

Sébastien L.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great software and Costumer service

Reviewed on 2020/04/18

The mobile experience is great overall. We got problems with specific form when we tried to get a task done.
The mobile version is pretty much intuitive. Users learned very quickly by themselves.

Pros

This software has multiple features.
The form builder offers you any kind of options you’d have and needs.
Their customer service and technician quickly reply to your questions and problems.
Detailed users management.

Cons

The form builder is a bit tricky to learn. If your needs are basics features it’s quite simple, but since you get in more complex forms then you’d probably need their help to get it work properly.

Jose F.
  • Industry: Law Enforcement

Forms on Fire Amazing

Reviewed on 2017/04/03

Forms on fire (FOF) allows for businesses to create forms and automate processes that would otherwise be time consuming in the paper world. I tried and reviewed numerous other companies Fast Forms, Pronto Forms and Happy Inspector to name a few to determine the product that best served my needs. I needed a software easy to use, flexible and worked on three platforms iOS, Android and Windows. The ability to design, create and import data in different formats to include software support. Most importantly it needed to be priced affordably. Let me state this clearly, FOF is truly an amazing software that met all my expectations. Most importantly the pricing was lower if not comparable to the competition. The customer service was just insane, they were helpful, provided my with video and live support, one on one session and followed up with me to see if I had questions (I had plenty). What sealed the deal for me was the pricing and the cross platform availability. Megan Jackson of FOF was fantastic and incredibly helpful. As of the posting of this review, FOF redesigned the dashboard and it was no surprise to see that it was astatically pleasing visually and even more functional. Guys keep up the good work!

Pros

The availability to use it on different platforms ios, android and windows. I am not always in the field so when I am on the desktop (Windows) I love that I can open the software edit forms and preview what it will look like without having to use my tablet.

Cons

I would like to see more flexibility with the logo design, specifically I could not enlarge the logo. I would also like to see a mission or vision field that can be incorporated with the logo design.

Chad R.
  • Industry: Public Safety

User friendly

Reviewed on 2020/04/19

Pros

I love how easy it is to fill out the forms and the ability to add new forms as needed

Cons

In ability to delete a form in the field if you needed to

Elizabeth E.

We have had a couple glitches mostly with time issues, but overall the product has worked well.

Reviewed on 2018/04/11

Ease of doing forms online in the field

Pros

Once you learn the program it is easy to use. The setup is easy to use with tablets in the field.

Cons

There is a learning curve on creating the forms. When there is an error in your form it is not always easy to trace back. I also think that the program is the most glitchy when I am creating a large form.

Response from Forms On Fire

Hello Elizabeth, thank you for your feedback. If you think there is ever a glitch, please send an immediate email to [email protected] We are happy to help you. Also, for your large form, please reach out and we'll give you a complimentary 1 hour help on your large form.

Diana A.

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

My business has become 100% more organized thanks to this app; I got exactly what I wanted for a much cheaper price than what others quoted me; the Forms on Fire staff are very friendly, caring and responsive.

Pros

It was customized specifically for my business through one on one consultations and design planning. The price was very affordable compared to the regular cost of developing and maintaining an app.

Cons

Look of the menus, etc could be updated to be a little more modern looking but it's not a big deal. Also more data sorting options can be added.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Blattner Energy Quality Systems Administrator

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

Pros

Easy to use for all levels of the business. Automatically send a PDF to your network drive when all approvals are completed. Works well on iPhone and Windows 10.

Cons

We should be able to select multiple data "Forms" when exporting data in Table View.

Response from Forms On Fire

Thank you for the review. This is an excellent idea! One thing to consider is designing the forms you want to export as a single form, using our data-driven capabilities. The other is to hold a data warehouse where the same table captures data from many or all of your forms. This is entirely possible to do if you utilize the JSON data type. Please set something up with your assigned program manager and they can review the details with you! :)

Katie O.

Easy and quick to use!

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

This gives my company a quick, consistent paperwork and forms to give our resident's that way someone can have the form they need at a quick time! We also use this to schedule pest control for our residents and that seems to relay the information they need as well.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to use! I never used this software before and when I was trained on it, it was so quick to understand and the items I need are at a quick access!

Cons

Sometimes I have to force sync to get what I want to pull up, but nothing too hard to do!

Ron R.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Very versatile product. Can be configured to meet even very specific business needs.

Reviewed on 2016/12/10

We did a side-by-side comparison with Prontoforms before settling on Forms On Fire. Technically, both products could meet our needs but Forms On Fire was much more cost-effective because it's much easier to configure (DIY = no big customizing expenses), plus Forms On Fire's service (sales and support) is in a league of its own!!
This is an excellent choice I would recommend to everyone!

Pros

Makes customization accessible to the masses, therefore reducing overall cost.

Cons

The software has amazing capabilities, but there doesn't seem to be a complete tutorial to guide you through a lot of the stuff I can't do. There are a number of basic video tutorials available but if you want to do anything beyond the most basic, there is a fairly steep learning curve.

Response from Forms On Fire

We add to our amazing video tutorials and to our knowledge base daily. Because we are also launching so many new features, this gets to be difficult but we are committed to not only the best support and guidance but also top flight documentation, tutorials and training. Thank you so much for your input Ron!

Jason M.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Absolutely Love Forms On Fire

Reviewed on 2019/06/21

I work in student housing and every year about half of the residents move out all on the same day and we have to inspect every unit for damages in 1 day. Before we started using Forms On Fire we would be working until 2 or 3 in the morning doing everything on paper. Now we inspect every unit and are done by 5 pm. Cut the time in half.

Pros

How easy it was to use it and loved building my own app for our needs.

Cons

I can not think of any cons with Forms on Fire.

Response from Forms On Fire

Many thanks Jason! Let us know how else we can help you.

Andrew S.

Sophisticated yet Simple

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

I use Forms on Fire to make every day operations of my business more efficient and organized. Linking forms to connectors such as dropbox allowed us to quickly and easily access information in one space. Building forms is fairly simple, but I have gotten stuck a time or two. They have great customer service to help you through these kinks as well.

Pros

Very efficient and simple to learn and apply to operations.

Cons

The software does not really support repeating tables within repeating pages. Hopefully this can be corrected with time. I believe this would be a very strong feature.

Kelly W.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Service tech perspective

Reviewed on 2020/04/18

Capability to create forms in the field instantaneously.

Pros

Having categories and subcategories to tap and go easily.

Cons

Some of the categories don't have all the features needed. For example, the tech sales form doesn't have the ability to choose specific options from a technicians available services.

Not having cell service at all locations, could have an offline version.

Christina R.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Confusing software

Reviewed on 2019/03/28

My overall experience with this software was very confusing. It took me way too long to find what I was looking for.

Pros

I really like the concept of this software and I am sure that it can be really helpful for some companies.

Cons

Personally I found this software very confusing. The layout was overwhelming to look at. I think there could be a more organized way and a more sleek layout for the software.

Response from Forms On Fire

Hello Christina:

Sorry for your trouble. The software is packed with features.

We have a very comprehensive user manual, did you find that on support.formsonfire.com? We also offer FREE training and if you reach out to our support group, we can get you scheduled at a time convenient to you. I would like to personally help you build your first app, so please ask for Kendall to help you.

Kathy B.

Intuitive and great customer service

Reviewed on 2016/04/15

The app has a great user-interface and is intuitive. The screen graphics are clear and easy to see. The app will enable our field team to monitor all of our land interests efficiently and offline with a form that integrates tabular data and georeferenced photos. We are still in the development/testing phase with our custom monitoring form but we are confident that we will have the results we expected, having worked with Forms on Fire in the past. Ease of Use will likely be rated a 5 once we have fully completed testing. Forms on Fire sets the bar high for customer service - the staff is extremely knowledgeable, responsive, and a pleasure to work with.

Response from Forms On Fire

Thanks again for your review Kathy.

Josiah T.

PERFECT!!!

Reviewed on 2016/04/18

I have spent the last 6 months trying to find software that will all me to complete sales in person with the use of a tablet. Just by chance I came across Forms on Fire and I'm really glad I did. I received personal attention and made themselves available even after hours. The software is simple to use and filling out my forms are just as easy. If you are a small business and would like to use mobile forms then Forms on Fire is the one I would go with.

Ashley S.
  • Industry: Farming
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 2020/04/18

I don’t always have service when using the app but all data is saved until I get back to cell service and it uploads. Very helpful!

Pros

It’s really easy to use across multiple team members.

Cons

I haven’t had any issues with the app. It works for my use!

Steve B.

Best forms solution we have seen

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We reviewed several forms companies for our project. FoF was the best for all the areas rated as well as the fact they are simply great people to work with. Cannot say enough good things about the product and the people at Forms on Fire.

Response from Forms On Fire

Thanks again for your review Steve!

Gavin P.

HMHW Manager

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

Simple. Easy to use. Interacts well with other applications. Support is excellent! FOF is easy to use and the staff excels at Customer Service. Connecting with applications such as Google and DataStudio makes the forms more powerful. The product just plain works.

Geoff T.

A unique and powerful platform

Reviewed on 2020/04/20

This platform has been a great success in taking paper-based processes onto mobile devices and producing bespoke reports automatically. The support is excellent and I highly recommend it.

Pros

I discovered Forms on Fire while researching platforms that could replace the paper-based systems of one of my consulting clients. No other platform offered the same level of flexibility, power and support. I can build exactly what they need without them having to bend their long-established processes out of shape to fit into a purpose-built platform. The results have been excellent - hundreds of hours saved per month and continuously improving. Forms on Fire integrates with their existing SQL database, and produces Word reports that use the existing template. This process is seamless, producing far more detailed and better-looking reports than alternatives.

Cons

There are features that lack some polish or ease of use (e.g. currently the sketch feature has some quirks when used for making diagrams rather than recording signatures), but the support team is always open to feedback and every concern I have raised has been either addressed immediately or I have been advised that it is being considered for development.

Cliff G.
  • Industry: Machinery

Easiest to Implement!

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Very pleased with the ease of developing our forms, distributing, updating, and collecting the uploaded data . The drag and drop interface for forms is outstanding and the help files make it easy to develop any workflow you can imagine, very powerful!

Pros

Our team especially liked the openness of the software programming interface, the associated help files, and the superb customer support whenever we had a question. We knew going in that we would have some "special tasks" we would need to implement and Forms On Fire appeared to have the best programming system in place to easily make that happen using our own personnel and not requiring the software company to handle everything at additional cost. The system is so easy it just doesn't require that much support, but if you need it, they are there to help!

Cons

I think the website interface could use a few minor improvements like having data view columns maintain their positions between sessions or refreshes, and perhaps a little more development on the dashboard, although we'll probably develop our own that most of the vendors for this type of software simply don't offer.

Response from Forms On Fire

Hi Cliff, thank you for your very kind words. We appreciate all our clients. Most our clients want such specific information about dashboards. Have you talked to our pro services team about designing something for you and your specific data? Reach out to us, we want to help!

-Kendall