GivingTools

Web-based fundraising and donation management software

Robert M.

Giving Tools is an excellent platform.

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

We do gift shop sales, online sales of books as well as donations. Giving tools handles all of these very easily, with room to grow.

Pros

I like its ease of use as well as its support of our nonprofit mission. Customer service is excellent.

Cons

No complaints. Giving tools works exactly as it should.

Jerri T.

A Perfect Partner!

Reviewed on 2016/07/15

My charity is a first and its needs are totally unique. Whatever I throw at Giving Tools, man do they know how to catch and run with it to figure out a unique solution. And whatever they come up with will be something they can use for other clients!

Pros

Everything, they realize companies are not cookie-cutter and they are anxious to help you get where you need to be. I'm thorough, and the are more thorough than me -- which is tough!

Sara J.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great product, easily integrated, and FABULOUS customer service!

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Pros

I like the user-friendly platform and how easily it integrates with our website. The ability to customize the appeals and look of the software gives faith to our donors that the software is secure and reliable. The customer service is top notch and the best that I have ever worked with. They are very responsive - within a couple of hours - and have always been able to answer questions and resolve the issue. Very pleased with the software and would recommend it.

James C.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

This makes accepting ACH super easy for us.

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

We've been very satisfied with the product and service of Giving Tools. It's been well worth the monthly cost to have a good experience with a company who is responsive to our needs.

Pros

We started using Giving Tools because it provided the one and only feature we needed: ACH (checking account) payments. The staff guided us through the initial setup and then it was ready to use soon after. Our users appreciate the simplicity and the service has been very reliable since then.

Cons

The only difficulty I encountered was with the setup of the 3rd party processor, who's setup steps were pretty confusing because it requested a lot of info I didn't have or that didn't apply to our situation. Fortunately, GivingTools provided coaching and we got over this hurdle together.

Lise B.

Unbelievably amazing customer service and easy to use the product

Reviewed on 2015/12/30

We just started using this product a day ago, so this review is primarily related to setup and service. And WOW has it been a great experience on both counts. I work with many, many vendors and this is truly one of the best experiences I've ever had. We were up and running in less than 24 hours, and our contact was incredibly responsive and helpful - truly above and beyond. And this was in the week between Christmas and New Year's, no less - not a time that I usually expect anything to be easy or quick!

Account setup was simple, straightforward and quick, and while we're only just starting to use the software itself, so far that has been simple too. It does everything we need it to do with good, though not perfect, options for customization. I'm looking forward to deploying it for our campaign and continuing to explore all its capabilities. Bravo to Giving Tools for creating a product that stands out for service, functionality, cost and ease of use!

Gail B.

User friendly and great customer service.

Reviewed on 2016/04/14

Selection of GivingTools literally happened over a four-day period by my superior. Since I was in a crunch at work, she worked through the setup with customer service, then passed it off to me. I was able to pick it up quickly with little instruction. The design is simple, the user manual is just 16 pages, and the support for our quick start was fabulous. Using this, instead of our usual manual system, saved me hours of overtime at a critical time. With use, I've suggested small software changes that would make my experience better, and they've been receptive. There were a couple of odd processing errors, and they've been responsive when reported. Their partner for processing online payments, BluePay, has been equally good to work with and responsive.

Sue B.

Excellent tool

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

I've had only pleasant experiences with giving tools.

Pros

I love the ease of the software. It was simple to set up. I love that it gives an automatic response when people donate. I like that I can customize it.

Cons

I have nothing to compare it to. So far so good.

Gayle H.

The software is very intuitive; therefore, easy to use.

Reviewed on 2016/05/24

As stated in my quick review, the software is easy to use. It is very similar to filling out an online form. If you have any problems, Customer Support is excellent! Jason, who I have worked with in Customer Support, is the ideal representative! He responds very quickly to emails and requests, even on Sunday. Additionally, he is funny and optimistic in the responses. Every company should be so fortunate to have someone like him on their team.

Shane K.

IHI loves giving tools

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Pros

The price! great value and much better with the new update.

Cons

the old version didn't update on canceled cards.

Brandi G.

So glad we found this program

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

After a lot of searching for a site like this, and using some bad ones, Giving Tools has been very helpful. It is very inexpensive, no hidden fees that sneak up on you. Reports are easy to print and it is easy to navigate the site. definitely recommend.

Pros

It is easy to enter and edit your appeals, events and campaigns. You can add photos to liven up your posts.
The giving page is easy to add to your websites and share. The techs are very helpful if you need help or have questions.

Cons

They recently switched from a 1.0 version to a 2.0 version. You can still access the old version but if you have campaigns in both the old and new, only some are visible. It made things pretty confusing.

Fielding G.

A robust, affordable giving platform

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

Pros

GivingTools is a robust, reliable, and affordable platform for processing online gifts. If your needs are straightforward and cost is a critical factor, you should consider it as an option. It does not have some of the functionality of more elaborate solutions and is priced accordingly. Customer service is speedy and bespoke.

Cons

It is a robust, basic solution that may not have some of the integrations and functionality required for your workflow or that you may need in future. As always, ensure this or any product meets your current and near-term needs.

Lisa T.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Good value, great service!

Reviewed on 2018/08/23

Excellent!

Pros

The clarity of the reports; the way you are notified when a gift comes in; the amount pulled out of the gifts is much more reasonable.

Cons

Hard to log in; password issues when logging in can be difficult.

Response from GivingTools

Thank you for your review, Lisa!

I believe your login issue was because we have our older 1.0 platform and the much newer 2.0 platform. Your account had started in 1.0 last year and migrated to 2.0 this year...and the passwords are different between the two systems. Glad we got you sorted out in time for your meeting and thank you again.

Let us know if you see any issues or have ideas...we are pretty quick to implement improvements (we get a lot opf great ideas from customer feedback).

Jeannie C.

User Friendly and Cost Effective

Reviewed on 2019/11/13

I knew next to nothing about how to get started implementing an online giving platform. After reading many reviews of various online giving platforms, I choose GivingTools. They have great online help and also, by email, helped me through the various unknowns. Now that we have been using GivingTools, I don't know why we didn't do it sooner. It makes giving so convenient.

Pros

Easy set up
Cost Effective
Great Customer Support

Cons

There was nothing that I disliked about the software.

Chantal S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy to use for the non-tech user

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Pros

Easy to set up, easy to maintain, responsive customer support. Much easier to use than every other online giving tool that we evaluated (and there were a lot of them!)

Cons

dashboard reporting could be stronger, limited admin capability over recurring donations.

Mark H.

Great for small non-profit

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

GivingTools has been great for our small non-profit however the reporting and back end function could use improvements.

Pros

User friendly to setup
Integrates with our website
Cost effective

Cons

Reporting is minimal
Don't have access to the customer's account view

Michael H.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Great and easy to setup

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Great service and the support is always timely and helpful.

Pros

Easy to setup and get forms on the website. Report exports are straight forward and contain all information we need. We love that donors can be presented with the option to pay the credit card fees. This has increased our gifts since we implemented.

Cons

Does not allow for Google Analytics ecommerce tracking as of now.

Andi T.

Giving Tools Rocks!

Reviewed on 2016/11/04

I looked into many online giving options for our small religious nonprofit. It was a real gauntlet! I was overwhelmed. Everything was too much money or too complex for our simple needs, and it was all so confusing. Hidden costs were everywhere, and no good way to compare. Everything got better when I found Giving Tools! It is cheap, simple honest, looks really nice - just perfect for our needs. They also have very good personal service, when you need it. We were too new to have a website yet, so Giving Tools even helped us work that out. I was grateful and amazed at the friendly service and expertise. Even if it was not already the best thing out there for us, that would have done it for me. I will be telling everyone I know. Thank you for existing Giving Tools!

Kristen A.

Excellent customer service and options

Reviewed on 2015/12/14

The folks at Giving Tools have been extremely responsive and helpful as I launch my first appeal. They offer certain functionality that is hard to find elsewhere, and their pricing is very competitive.

Benjamin L.

Perfect for what we were needing and then some!!

Reviewed on 2017/07/21

This software allows us to get more donations and quicker than before. Allows us to seamlessly integrate through our website to be able to keep traffic focused on what's important to us. This also allows the donor to manage their payments easier than going through us, and saves us a ton of money in the long run compared to nearly any other software out there.

Pros

Most: Customer Service, hands down the most responsive and willing team to work with from asking questions, fixing a couple minor bumps I had, and reconfiguring to specific needs in one area. They are great and willing to help whenever possible.

Then I would have to say the value of their system and service for the price you pay is beyond awesome. They are straightforward in what they offer and they have some of the best rates that I have found out there. For what we were needing, GivingTools has been the perfect fit. Their system is pretty easy to learn and understand, and it has been fairly simple to train our staff on how to use it and implement it into the support raising.

To lock in the rates GivingTools have negotiated with BluePay and still be able to integrate their systems into outside 3rd parties like Salesforce is outstanding as well. For a medium size non-profit that is steadily growing that value and ease is not overlooked.

There are lots of other pros to GivingTools that I would highly recommend anyone searching and investigating Donor Portals, should look no further and give them a try. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Cons

Downloading the reports and understanding them with BluePay's reporting does take a minute to understand. I'm a very skeptical person so it took me a couple months of digesting the reports to fully believe everything was there and it was working properly. But I also didn't have the proper time to be able to invest fully into learning the reporting until about 2 months in. But once I sat down and reconciled everything and took a day to understand the language and learn how to merge with our old/current system is all made perfect sense, just needed that time for my brain to catch up.

This should not be a deterrent though, but just recommend being sure to ask questions and take the time to learn how to quickly merge with your current accounting processes.

Peter T.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/08/23

Love it! I couldn’t be happier!!

Pros

The cost to me was a big one! As a non-profit that takes a lot of recurring payments it’s a very simple system that is easy for me and the donor. The cost of ACH’s was unmatched!

Cons

There were some quirks with version 1 but V2 is much better. There are still a few odd things on the donor side that I don’t understand, like they can’t alter their existing giving, they have to cancel it and create a new pledge. We are using blue pay as our processor and there are some things I don’t like about that integration but that’s not giving tools fault!

Jacqueline P.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Best Customer Service I've Ever Experienced

Reviewed on 2020/06/24

First United was still accepting pledges and donations by check or cash. We needed to implement an online giving option that allowed for recurring payments to maximize church income. Giving Tools is an easy-to-use end user interface and pairs seamlessly with Stripe, our payment processor. We also enjoy the reports and trackability.
Customer Service team went above and beyond helping me to setup. I'm not a developer so they walked me through each step and built anything that was outside of my skill set with an email smile. Love these guys!!

Pros

Extremely easy to add segmented donation categories.

Cons

Allow end-users to alter their donations and subscriptions.

Response from GivingTools

Thank you VERY much! We do our best.

On the cons side, we agree with you. Currently, donors can update their payment type later, but cannot change other settings without making a new gift. In the near term, we plan on allowing donors to change ANYTHING on the fly. But we are working on some other amazing features first which you will see in the next couple weeks. You are going to love this stuff!

Thank you again for your kind words.

Lachelle Y.

Over the Top Customer Service

Reviewed on 2015/12/04

I have never had such amazing customer support. We started using Giving Tools at the same time they were getting intermittent error message from their host company. This was forcing them to move to a new hosting company. As we all know nothing about this is good. It's hard on current users and the owners. But imagine the new customer who had just joined. That was me. The appeal itself was extremely easy to set up. Then I tried to go back in & edit and couldn't get anything to work. The next day I emailed support and started working with Jason & Josh who were amazing. Instead of saying - yip, things aren't working & we're trying to get it fixed they actually fixed it for me. Because I couldn't get in on my end, they edited the page from the back office to get me up and running. They helped me with the situation twice. They were very responsive, very quickly. They went way above what we have come to expect from customer service/support. I looked at several programs for giving pages and Giving Tools fit our needs for price and features. I'm looking forward to using their program ongoing. Thank you! Thank you! You guys are the best!

Response from GivingTools

Thank you Lachelle! Getting five stars from you on a bad day for us means a LOT!

(To anybody wondering if we have hosting problems often, the answer is: this was the first issue in two years. But we communicated it with our users to be on the safe side and worked hard to be sure that all appeals continued undaunted.)

Thanks for choosing GivingTools!
-Jason

Shannon S.

Easy option for non profits

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

Great experience, good choice for small nonprofits who want an easy way to host donation pages on websites and have a professional user experience.

Pros

Very afforadable, easy to use. Forms are professional.

Cons

Software Didn't work on some platforms.

Susan S.

Giving Tools Customer Service is the Best!

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Pros

Easy to use, very affordable, developers always looking for ways to improve the platform. Fast loading, secure, forms look good. The customer service people are so responsive, it's as if they're working on our non-profit team themselves. I can't say enough good things about reps in Customer Support to express his stellar attitude, competence, and courtesy. The best ever!

Cons

Not enough options for some of the design features, but at this price, I am not complaining!

Kurt J.

Best donation platform for small non-profits

Reviewed on 2019/08/24

Pros

I love GivingTools for a number of reasons. First and foremost, I love that they allow you to mix and match the payment gateways for card or ACH donations. Second, I can easily create different appeals/campaigns for different aspects of my organization. The customer service is also *very* good. I made some recommendations to the platform and they integrated my ideas within just a couple months!

Cons

It could use some more development to enhance features. Perhaps over time new features will be added.