CapLinked Reviews

CapLinked

Cloud-based document sharing solution for enterprises

4.5/5 (78 reviews)
Sandra M.

CapLinked - Pros and Cons

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Pros

Compared to similar options, CapLinked is a good value for the product - the pricing is good for what you get with CapLinked. Among the things I like about the software are the search feature, updates are emailed when files are added, it is easy to move folders and files, easy to change the order of folders. The product has a great feature that allows the Administrator to see the view that any User is seeing, which is helpful when Users call with questions.

Cons

The product is not as intuitive as other secure data vault services I have used. It took me some time to understand that Users have to be part of a "Group." The other thing I don't like is that you have to contact customer support if you want to delete a "Workspace" from the system - Admins are not able to delete. I understand the concept, to avoid inadvertently deleting a workspace, but still prefer to have that ability as the Admin.

Didn't honor agreement; tried to increase fees more than 300%

Reviewed on 2019/04/09
Review Source

Terrible. They gave our non-profit association members a good deal to get us onto their platform and entered into a long-term data room supply agreement; a couple years later, they wouldn't honor their agreement. Don't do business with this company.

Pros

There are a lot of data room providers and Caplinked was getting off the ground and offered our not-for-profit regional association a long-term program to switch from our incumbent provider and join their platform for the same fees we were paying our incumbent provider. After a reasonable transition period, we adopted the program at Caplinked.

We transferred a number of users and conveyed the dynamics of how our association interacts with our incumbent provider and were told there were no issues coming over. The association members used 50-75 data rooms at any given time.

Cons

After using the platform for a few years, the company came back and claimed we were getting too good of a deal and they wouldn't honor it. We used the service consistent with how we outlined the service in our contract when we negotiated our agreement. They threatened to shut down the service to the members and then said to stay, we would need to pay fees that were more than 300% higher than our current rates. When you're in the middle of transactions, you don't want a data room supplier threatening to shut down your rooms or holding you hostage to higher fees than you bargained for. We contacted our previous data room vendor, V-Rooms and transitioned back to them for the same rates we had with Caplinked. Obviously, they weren't problematic and we got excellent support from V-rooms transitioning over. The tactics and interactions with Caplinked were terrible. They knew they had you over a barrel and it felt like our not for profit association and its members were being bullied or blackmailed. We will never do business with these guys, no matter what the capabilities of their rooms. We interacted with the Company CEO and VP Sales. We paid annually through September and expected a reasonable transition off their platform for existing rooms in service. They noted they applied our fees to their new proposed rates and we couldn't transition off in a reasonable time-frame.

0.0/10
Raj P.

Owner

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

So far so good except the cons described above. Having a data room is very professional and we love offering that service through caplinked!

Pros

Easy to use and is visually appealing (to look at on a daily basis). Good price and has basic features that everyone needs. I like having the control to the dataroom and have knowing what user has what type of access.

Cons

I think the biggest con is to have to contact caplinked to delete a data room, and that to they only delete on Thursdays. Also I think caplinked should send out an email when your running over your space in the data room. Those are the two biggest problems

Jackson E.

Modern interface, easy to use - refreshing change of pace from software used in the past.

Reviewed on 2018/01/16

Pros

CapLinked is intuitive, cutting edge, and very transparent in their pricing. Their customer support is responsive, helpful, and thorough - providing an excellent customer experience.

Uploading files and folders is also a seamless process. Uploading whole folder structures at a time makes my job extremely easy. It retains the same indexing and formatting I had on my desktop which is very convenient.

Jeff S.

Solid platform with ever evolving features.

Reviewed on 2016/08/02

After using Formstack for many years we needed a more powerful solution. I reviewed approximately 8 different products and judging on features and value CapLinked was the clear winner.

Pros

Watermarking, white labeling, ability to send feature ideas/requests to customer service that actually get reviewed and implemented.

Cons

Areas that are under development to be improved have to do with navigation, reporting and general user experience. There are no serious flaws.

Response from CapLinked

Hi Jeff, thank you for choosing CapLinked! Glad to hear you had a positive experience with us.

Elmo L.

Super easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Pros

The ease of use is the one of the reasons why we use CapLinked. We work with a lot of outside consultants and customers that need to access folder and files and not once did anyone struggled to access their data.
We tested a few data rooms and CapLinked was by far the best value for money. We moved away from emailing any files, we just send the CapLinked link to the relevant person and our data is safe and secure.

Cons

None for our application. One nice to have feature would be to have a more comprehensive version control than is currently available.

Caplinked is powerful and easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

Pros

We chose Caplinked for it's easy to use/ fast modern interface, great customer support, powerful features and transparent pricing. They have a lot of features that you won't find in other VDR's (I've tried 3 different competitors). Their customer support really stood out to me as they've been very responsive and personable throughout our entire experience; from on-boarding to day-to-day use. Every member of our team was able to quickly learn the software. I feel very comfortable sharing sensitive and confidential documents through Caplinked.

Ricardo R.

Complex scenarios made easy by Caplinked

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/05/17

My Organization requirement was to set up a virtual data room in order to fund race a project initiative. Caplinked made possible to get it up and running with a professional customized interface in record time allowing me to keep track of all the operations as per documents and other media files shared with the invited users, get detailed weekly reports and control the whole operation until the end.

Pros

- How friendly it was to set up and customize a virtual data room for my organization.
- Robust features, such as: activity tracker, security, Q&A and customized messages.
- Everything is recorded by Caplinked. Every single transaction was recorded by Caplinked as much for administrators and organizers as for users.

Cons

- Reports customization feature is missing.
- Not many support guides available.

Maria C.

CapLinked is solid and offers a powerful level of communication

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Lots of great benefits from engagement to exporting data.

Pros

This is an amazing program, offers a higher level of engagement for groups. Works great for small business who need flexibility and is budget friendly. It is easy to navigate too!

Cons

It lacks export tool and better data trends. Offers no easy way to archive old data into the new system.

Richard A.

it was great

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

it helped us do half a deal

Pros

it's super cheap, which made it super accessible to my small team and I . Truly significantly priced under competitors with just as many features.

Arturo A.

Very easy to use, secure, functional and good service support

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Very ease to use. Good support service, accesible form different types of devices (cellphone, pc, etc.). It a a tool that makes the passing of information very efficiently.

Pros

The ease of use is amazing. In 30 minutes you can get used managing all the virtual data room functions, permissions, etc. Additionaly the capacity to give different type of permisssions (can read, download, print, etc.) to different individuals or group of individuals is quiet good and again easy tu use.

Cons

If uploading information, or creating a new folder you make a mistake in writing the name of folder, you have to delete the complete folder and create a new one with the name corrected. You should be able to edit a simple thing as folders name, instead of waisting time if you discover a typo after you have uploaded tons of data (that you will have to upload again).

Paul R.

Caplinked is an awesome platform, extremely user friendly and secure.

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

Sharing documents has never been easier, there is a lot of security and time saving when it comes to looking for the information I need.

Pros

Caplinked is state of the art when it comes to sharing documents with customers. Platform is intuitive and easy to navigate. Accessing and sharing documents has now become a seamless process and at the same time tremendously secure. Customer support is is very helpful and will walk you through any questions you may have.

Erik P.

Works well, could use more bells and whistles

Reviewed on 2018/03/26

Pros

Reasonably quick to get up and running; reliable platform. I don't have much else to say, however the review software won't let me upload a short review so I've padded it out with this sentence.

Cons

Could use more flexibility on use of graphics, custom reporting and dashboards, other customizations to custom brand (including workspace address). I don't have much else to say, however the review software won't let me upload a short review so I've padded it out with this sentence.

7.0/10
Chuck S.

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

CapLinked is the only modern platform with full API support for integrating it with our applications. No other product comes close to providing the same level of support.

Cons

We need better tools for importing and exporting data. There is no easy way to archive old deal rooms.

It's a good low-cost solution but certainly lacks some of the functionality of a premium service

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

Was able to conduct file sharing for a sellside M&A process with multiple potential buyers each requiring different permission levels.

Pros

Quickness of uploads, it's a low-cost solution, we also appreciated the amount of data we were to upload and that the pricing was not a variable per page model

Cons

Lack of reporting functions such as well-organized index reports, permission setting, draft mode takes the whole data room offline,

6.0/10
Ashok R.

I am a first time user and my first experience has been good. It is a great product

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

Pros

the ease of use is what stands out. It was easy to onboard other users as well quickly. The user interface is intuitive and the software is stable. I was able to do the initial configuration within 15 minutes. I have used customer support extensively. They have been very patient and helpful. they seem committed to resolving the customer's issue. Suggestions to improve the product were taken in the right spirit. I do hope some of the suggested features find place in subsequent releases.

Cons

The software has certain issues handling PDF documents created by scanning physical documents. There is no feature to view permissions for a folder directly. The Search functionality is very basic and there is ample scope for improvement.

Everything we needed and more!

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/01/21

Ultra-fast due diligence, seamless transaction and and extremely easy to use VDR platform at a competitive cost. The ability to monitor workflow and ease of mind regarding document security made a usually chaotic and confusing experience easy to navigate.

Pros

The base platform is extremely easy to use and to setup your virtual data room. There are so many extras that we found over competitors, which is why we chose caplinked. The best part, is that you can decide who gets to see what document and workflow is quickly and easily monitored and measured here. You can customize the dashboard in almost any way imaginable. For us, the winning factor, was customer service. The Caplinked customer service team was truly phenomenal. Extremely knowledgeable, super responsive and just really kind and helpful. It was truly a 360° service.

Cons

There wasn't anything I would complain about. It could get a bit complicated in extreme customization, but that is completely to be expected. If you don't use a VDR on a daily basis, it's hard to understand all of the Caplinked capabilities available to you. That's where their superior customer service comes into play.

Penny P.

Best Virtual Data Room

Reviewed on 2019/05/17

This is a great VDR and is reasonably priced, unlike its competitors. I would highly recommend this for secure document sharing.

Pros

The CapLinked platform is super easy to navigate and share and lets you keep confidential documents secure at all times. It allows different levels of control for each group which saves a lot of time.

Cons

I would like to be able to add individuals without having to make them part of a group.

Alfred W.

Automated how we share documents with customers!

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Pros

CapLinked has helped our organization share vital documentation to our customers

Cons

None that I can think of, this service has been awesome

Penny P.

CapLinked is an excellent VDR that is easy to navigate.

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

This program works perfectly for our needs.
The invites sometimes get caught in spam but that's to be expected. Manual invites are simple to send when this happens.

Pros

Reasonably priced, secure and easy to use software. Great customer support!
I would definitely recommend this software to anyone looking for a virtual data room.

Ivan T.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

We were able to send information across to investors in a secure manner.

Pros

It was easy to use and had minimal technical difficulties with the users. The support staff was also extremely responsive

Cons

The excel viewer is not very friendly with large excel models and excel models with macros. There is also a limitation on the length of the name of a file.

7.0/10
Matt L.

CapLinked is easy to use and very reliable. Our users have had no complaints.

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

This allows our attorneys and paralegals an easy way to host client information in scenarios with multiple people, whether when working on a case or just supporting their clients needs. It takes almost no time to get new workspaces going, so it is efficient and reliable.

Pros

I find it easy to use and configure. I setup all the workspaces for people in my firm and assist with any help they may need. My experience is that once people use it, they want to continue using it for the reliability and ease of use.

Cons

The only negative that I've come across is sometimes the invitations to a workspace can get stuck in a third-party spam filter, otherwise I really have no complaints.

CapLinked is integral in managing our M&A Office

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Pros

Ease of use and the tracking functionality

Cons

Can't delete workspaces without contacting support.

Ulises A.

Caplinked has helped manage processes very effectively.

Reviewed on 2018/01/12

Pros

Caplinked offers a variety of functionalities and is user friendly. I like the 2FA, DRM, and Watermarking features for my users. Great customer support that is very helpful when answering any inquiries.

Alexandra J.

Wonderful Experience

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/10/10

Its a pretty good software

Pros

It is appropriate for organizations of all sizes and serves clients across practically every industry. With CapLinked, clients over the globe can work together and make content on different devices.

Cons

The feature set for CapLinked is pretty robust, and growing software. It was pretty hard using it but I got the hand of it at the long run...