PestPac

Field service software for pest control businesses

4 /5 (207 reviews) Write a Review!
3,9
3,7
Richard L.

PestPac - Great software for independent pest control owners/operators!

Reviewed on 2018/01/26

Pros

I spend over 30 years in corporate management of the large, national pest control company before I left and bought 2 local pest companies. I can tell you PestPac is loaded with features that the larger companies would die to have! I went paperless 30 days after integrating all of my accounts into the system. Reduced the need for 1 office person/bookkeeper. Technicians love the app on their I-phone and can review the orders for the upcoming week/month. What I like best is the ability for techs to take pictures and embed in the work order to alert our customers what we have done for them during the service (removed a wasp nest, killed an ant mound, moved dog bowls, etc). Great overall software!

Cons

It is not really easy to learn and the only way to learn is by trial and error. The initial trainer assigned to my account was not very knowledgeable - so after I complained they assigned the best of the best and she was AWESOME!

Jennifer A.

Excellent Service Every Time

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

It powers our business. I am so grateful to have found Pest Pac back when we started in 2002. It has made all the difference in our ability to provide the best customer service experience possible. They are the best company I have every worked with in terms of professionalism, friendliness, reliability, and quality of product.

Pros

It is easy to use and the customer. It is full of features and options which can make it complex at times, but this is a good thing and Customer Service is always available to help you learn and understand features as you are ready to use them or new ones become available.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything. Any issues are quickly resolved and they are consistently working on improvements and listen to customer feedback.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Jennifer - Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software.

Jennifer S.
Industry: Consumer Services

PestPac - How we feel after using for 3 years...

Reviewed on 2019/03/01

Personally I love PestPac. It's frustrating at times, but I feel that I know what the software can and can't do. For example, the Dashboard just doesn't work for us. I want to know how many cancels I have per month - true cancels - but the Dashboard will tell me how many deletes, how many deactivates, etc. I just want to know my losses - so I have to pull separate reports that I put in Excel to create my own accurate dashboard. I feel comfortable using PestPac and know what it's limitations are - and I know how to compensate for them - However, the inability to bill monthly is killing us. If this is not something that PestPac can fix quickly I'm afraid we will be looking at switching software.

Pros

I like that I can do everything from send out estimates/leads to see my customer calls pop up on my screen, to hitting three buttons to run renewals. I like that I can get almost any data I need. I like that the customer support teams is very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. PestPac offers a single solution to run a pest control and lawn care business. I like the levels of permission as a manager that I can give to my staff. I LOVE the task feature and the call features. I love that lead management is integrated with the set up and I don't have to enter information twice. I love the service set-up report. I love the collections module and the way it helps me track customers that are over 120 days past due and is integrated directly with ARM.

Cons

The main reason we are even considering switching from PestPac is because I cannot bill on a subscription basis from the account. Meaning, if I set up 2 payment plans - because my customer has 2 different services with my company (ie. pest and lawn) that when on autobill it charges my customers twice. This is a nightmare!! We have lost customers because they don't understand why we can't give them one monthly price and bill them 1 time per month. I want PestPac to be able to look at the bill to account and allow me to set up a payment plan based on ALL their services - and then only charge the credit card once per month for ALL services. I've had to create a fake service called monthly billing to try and do just that- however this messes up ALl our numbers. It makes it look like we have way more revenue than we actually do.

PestPac also has soooooo many different options that I never know exactly how to do something. It seems to take 50 steps to get something done.

Reports never seems to give consistent data. I run a report for January numbers and it's different every time I run it.

If you all would fix the bill to - it would be a no brainer and we would happily stay- even with the other set backs - but this is kind of a deal breaker for us.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Laura W.
Industry: Consumer Services

Great Software for Pest Control Company!

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Pros

This software is fairly easy to use once you learn the basics. I really like that it's functions are customizable to meet the needs of the company using it. It's great for retaining customer information and keeping up with service history and future service needs.

Cons

I've used a different software that had a better plan for mapping and scheduling, but lacked greatly in other areas. Adding better routing and mapping functionality is available, but adding it costs more. I don't know if adding it will do what I would like. It would be nice to see all customers with service due this month on the map at the same time. This would allow better customization of the routes each month.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Laura - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Ramon T.

It is an okay service.

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

From a business stand point, it's tricky because not a lot of pest oriented programs provide this service, but the platform just feels very antiquated. There is plenty of room to grow, just would like to see it grow faster because in 7-8 years, it doesn't seem like much has changed. It's pretty much what I remember it to be.

Pros

I like how I can set up a recurring service.

Cons

That is product is not at all easy to customize, the level of difficulty it is to get it customized with support, and the ease of use. You are constantly clicking around and having to go back to the beginning if you can't find what you were looking for.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Ramon - Thank you for the review of PestPac. We are happy to hear that you like how you can set up recurring services but are sorry to hear about your frustrations involving ease of use. We will pass this valuable feedback to our product team!

Sheila M.
Industry: Facilities Services

Watch the gotcha.

Reviewed on 2020/08/07

I have been with pest pac for 12 years. They nickle and dime you to death. When our company first started we had our own servers. After a couple years they went strictly cloud based with an enterprise edition and stated that all upcoming upgrades would be available to an enterprise user. Promise not kept. They changed once again and now charge additionally for each and every module. They brought out their lead management software at their annual conference stating the ability to get contracts signed in the field within 6 months. It has been 3 years and still no contracts in the hand held. Once again promise not kept. I am paying over $22,000 per year. Now upon cancelling they are charging for the remainder of the year over $13,000. This is how they treat 12 years of loyalty.

Pros

Route op is easy to use. And that does work.

Cons

The reports are inaccurate. If you have more than one service listed on an invoice it will only track the first item over to a sales report. Lead Management is not working. Several days a week lead management is down. Customer support is non existent. First you have to take your time and bring the person in support up to date on how their software works. Then you will be told sorry that cannot be fixed. We can however make a case for you and put it in as a suggestion. It is always find a work around.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Sheila - We sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback as we look to continually grow and improve our products and processes. Being able to meet our customers' needs is one of our top priorities and we are sorry that our solution and customer service did not satisfy your expectations. We will be reviewing this issue with our team.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Jessica S.
Industry: Consumer Services

Using pestpac for 10+ years and I really like it.

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

It is extremely user friendly and does so much!

Pros

Pestpac is always looking to improve their system, they have updates and also have a seperate site that allows users to suggest ideas for future updates!

We love that we can do everything in this 1 system. We have eliminated other software programs and fees and are able to ONLY use pestpac.

Cons

I wish there was a review screen when sending email notifications like the review screen when sending phone call notifications. Also, we would like the checkbox for calls and emails included in the appointment screen after clicking on an appointment.

Also, we'd like to see a prepay option for customers in the customer portal.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Jessica - Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software.

Gladys L.
Industry: Chemicals

Pest Control User

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Overall PestPac is a good system when you get the hang of it, its user friendly and has different customizations available to you all though on occasions may hit some bumps I would recommend it.

Pros

Easy to use and ability to manage basics needs to manage our company and then some.

Cons

Changes regarding updates, sometimes these affect system or previous actions that were available to us because now they have been removed or changed.
Add ons, everything has to be added on with an additional charge and usually per user. It makes a difference in price to where you cant get the full benefits unless your paying way more when other products charge less for very similar or more services.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Gladys - Thank you for the review! We are glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Chris C.

Best Choice for Medium to Large Companies

Reviewed on 2020/01/17

I cannot recommend PestPac for small companies, as there is another cloud product that is superior. For medium to larger companies, PestPac is still the best choice.

Pros

PestPac has a LOT of features, and they're always adding more.

Cons

The interface is extremely dated, and not very user-friendly. Add-ons are often poorly integrated and take years to be properly updated for full functionality. The mobile timeclock for hourly employees is a good example; we still have to run reports from the old VRM interface, as PestPac proper is very limited for this kind of reporting.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Chris - Thanks for the the helpful review, we will be passing your feedback along to our wider team!

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Kim L.

Best Ever

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

I can tell you that the customer support they offer is the BEST! The training they give to each employee is unreal!! Each and every customer support person has been super friendly and they listen without interruptions.

Pros

This software is awesome as you have so many different ways to set things up per customer and there is always a way!

Cons

This is a very complicated software system. There are so many options to do what you need to get done, but each time you call for customer support, you learn a new way.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Kim - Thank you for the review, we are so glad you are finding success with our software!

Mary V.

After 15 years, I'm Still Happy with Choosing PestPac

Reviewed on 2019/11/25

The folks at WorkWave have always been wonderful and polite. They've often gone out of their way to help me find a solution to how I want to use the system and will be clear when my requests are not obtainable. They believe in their product and appreciate suggestions that can help to advance the usability of the software. Since we're close in proximity to their home office, their Project Managers have gone into the field with our Technicians just to observe how we are using the software and how it can be improved.

Pros

The PestPac product is very expansive. It performs so many functions very well and integrates them within the system seamlessly. The routing and scheduling has created substantial efficiencies in our routes. Also, as extensive as the system is, it is not terribly difficult to use and understand. I appreciate that WorkWave is always making tweaks and modifications to improve performance and usability.

Cons

There is so many faucets to this software which is great, but sometimes overwhelming. You don't always know where to find the option change you are looking for, or if it exists. It's also difficult to know in advance how one set-up or change in selection will impact bill/work routing/reporting. Also, there isn't always help on a page, or the help is not helpful. I do think in the past that some new changes/enhancements to the software are not tested as thoroughly as they should be (perhaps to meet deadlines). My one big gripe is that I do not like it when our hands our tied with Vendor Partners and we are unable to pick our own partner, such as the credit card processing or phone integration. There is no doubt that there have been snafus over the past 15-years, and some of them rather big snafus. But I still do not think that there is another pest software that is as layered and expansive as PestPac.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Mary - Thank you so much for your review, we are glad to hear you are still finding success with our software after 15 years!

Lawrence D.

Better than what is available from others, but technologically outdated user experience.

Reviewed on 2018/02/23

Better than alternatives, but average user experience overall.

Pros

We are a startup pest control company in California and have used PestPac for two years. It is web-based, so a totally familiar browser based experience. Good support form sales reps. Regular software updates. The company was founded as Marathon Data Systems, rebranded a few years ago as Workwave and was recently bought by a European investment group called IFS. The company serves a variety of field service companies including pest control.

Cons

>One of the most expensive solutions with relatively very high base rate and monthly per-user fees compared to similar alternatives.
>Outdated interface that significantly limits how quickly our staff can work with software. For example, there is no use of pre-fetching data, batch uploads, continuous backup, data validation, etc. Data moving between your computer and the AWS server has periods of noticeable lag even with high speed internet access. Data moving to and from your device and server are limited to one operation at a time.
>The parts of the software staff see are not intuitive and difficult to use. Although parts of the software see regular updates, these updates seem aimed mainly at larger accounts with more advanced customer relationship systems. The data entry screens, state forms, reports, etc., have not seen any meaningful updates in years.
> There are numerous bugs in the online system that have persisted the whole time we've used Pestpac. Some things are given attention, others never make it. Many of the support requests on their product forums remain unaddressed for months or years.
> The company seems to spread itself thin by focusing on on sales to several kinds of small field service based businesses. The quality of the user experience with PestPac is lacking, and probably similar to others' experience.

Michael W.
Industry: Facilities Services
Company size: Self Employed

PestPac

Reviewed on 2019/11/24

It's great that i have a system in place that handles all the daily paperwork that i go through each day. I am able to invoice, record materials used, how they were used , time of day they were used all the things that we used to write out are now done with a click on my smartphone.

Pros

The software allows me to present my customers with great field reports. It is great for billing. It is well thought out for the pest control industry .

Cons

I have had some issues with my field printer and software communicating. This was resolved with a nice work around and i have had no issues in the last year.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Michael - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Marsha K.
Industry: Consumer Services

Great tools and addition to any pest control company

Reviewed on 2019/03/04

In general, I LOVE pest pac. It has made our business so much better by using it. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for pest control software. There are so many tools and pieces to use and add it you want, it is GREAT!

Pros

Customer support is excellent! I can't ask for anything better! Anything that you are unsure about, you can ask questions and get quick answers. Anything you need... training and support, they are right there to schedule time to train and go over things that you may even have already been trained on but need a refresher. Questions of any kind or problems, support will help right away. This is SO nice and comforting to know when experience with other companies in the past is not at all like this generally.
Scheduling -Route OP and dynamic planner is good, especially if you have never used a scheduler for pest control, it is great. Reports are awesome!! You can run just about any report however you want...great details to help you watch over the business.

Cons

Some of the scheduling in Route OP and dynamic planner needs attention. There are a some things that make it not work as efficiently as it could. In general it is a pretty good software, I just wish some of the ways the scheduler works were corrected to make this work better. The goal for Route OP is to help make scheduling more efficient and when it takes a lot of work to make it most efficient, that doesn't make the most sense to me.

Mary C.
Industry: Consumer Services

Dependable product and excellent customer service support!

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Very good experience with WorkWave PestPac overall.

Pros

The software is very reliable. We use this daily and it never fails. Very easy to create customized reports. E-mail and text notifications to customers for appointment notifications work extremely well. Customer service is very quick to respond to any problems or questions if needed. I highly recommend this product.

Cons

We tried the mobile app. What we did not like about it was that the technician could not look up customer histories of past jobs. The only thing available was the jobs listed for them to do, could not add a customer on the fly if needed. That had to be done on the administrative side at the office. The app did not suit our needs so I cancelled the mobile app service.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Mary - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

Nancy K.
Industry: Environmental Services

Work smarter not harder..

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

The problems we are solving is the same as above. Scheduling appointments in a timely matter. It has solved the problem of doing it manually. My over all experience is positive with the exception of a few things I believe should be worked on.

Pros

the convenience of scheduling appointments and allowing our daily tasks to be at our finger tips and not done manually.

Cons

There are a few things I think they can do better on the scheduler. Being able to snap up or down time blocks like other appointments would be more convenient. Also printing out a customer renewal form is a lot more work than it should be, and we do this often. I think these things should be updated.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Nancy - Thanks for the positive review and the helpful feedback! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and will be sharing your feedback with our team.

John E.

Capabilities Exceed Our Use

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Just having a program that encompasses all our needs to track scheduling and history of services along with the ease of use is very beneficial.

Pros

Very intuitive, with a multitude of features. Tutorials are useful to train new office staff and software provides a vast array of information to store for customer database. Having our customer database stored securely off-site is a plus.

The capabilities of the program far exceed what our company has utilize as of yet, this is a good thing to have more capabilities than less.

Cons

Having to purchase licences for each user.

Some of the forms we print having to go on specific paper is a draw back.

Response from WorkWave

Hi John - Thank you so much for the great review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software!

Alison B.

PestPac Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Once we discovered the List Management feature, it changed our world over here. Overall, we've had a great experience with Pest Pac. Its always being updated with new features and they take feedback really well.

Pros

Now that I've learned how to use it, Pest Pac is a great system. At first, I wasn't crazy about it because it was hard to learn. The new design really helps.
Once you figure everything the reports can show you, you can do pretty much anything. There are a few things that we have to rig up in the service orders because we don't want to pay anymore than we need to. I don't know the exact cost of what we pay, but I know its pretty high.
I've heard that the other "cheaper" companies don't have as many features and their customer service isn't as great.
Pest Pac does have amazing customer service. Every time I've called or email in, I get a quick answer to my questions. If the person isn't sure, they check on it, and call/email right back.

Cons

It was a bit hard to learn, and I'm not crazy about the blue color of it all but thats just little stuff. I have no actual complaints.

Haley G.

Could use some improvement

Reviewed on 2017/10/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Really great software overall, but it is on the pricy side.

Pros

The software makes it really easy to track the progress of work that is being done. When can easily keep track of how many pests are caught/sighted in hotel rooms, apartment units, or single family homes. You can also set up to automatically schedule follow ups, that way nothing gets missed or forgotten. They have good reporting features to keep track of things. When an apartment manager wants to see one progress on one specific unit, we can pull a report just on the one apartment, instead of giving them everything, so it's easier for the managers to distinguish and read the reports.

Cons

There is a task feature, so you can create tasks for yourself or others so you can schedule follow ups or check back in with clients. In the past, this has been very helpful, however, with the last update, they have changed the task feature. It still keeps all your tasks in one place, but it is much more difficult to navigate and you basically have to open up the task in one window and open separate windows to view customers accounts to see the history.

June J.

To PestPac or Not

Reviewed on 2019/11/19

Pros

Love the accountability for money in this program. We briefly switched to another software and it was 6 months of sheer terror trying to get sound, solid numbers out of the other software. With PestPac you know that your numbers are solid.
Schedulers also love that the appointments do not auto move after auto calls have gone out.

Cons

This software is a little more rigid (not live) than some softwares on the market, but to have sound accounting numbers being live is not all that it is cracked up to be. It is a little pricey, but again the functionality is consistent in the program.

Response from WorkWave

Hi June - Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software.

Joseph B.

Great Product - Must Have

Reviewed on 2016/09/19

Pestpac has been a great value to my company. I am able to access it from my desktop and mobile phone. With the Marathon Mobile app I no longer need to email each technician their route. They can view, update notes, and even upload photos and documents. Saving time and money.

Pros

It's software allows you to file several city and state mandatory reports seamlessly. Track technician activity to the minute and submit reports to customers instantly via email. It has saved me time and energy and provides customers more control of their account that I could have given them prior to using it.

Cons

I wish the community portal had more answers to the questions that are posted. If they did, this would significantly reduce if not eliminate many calls that come through the customer support line.

Travis F.
Company size: Self Employed

Just a little tweaking.

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Customer service is awesome. Even when You have forgotten how to do something they always treat you with respect and explain everything as if you were first learning.

There is a lot of information to use and to learn but it all comes in due time. Depending on how you operate will determine how much you actually use. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed but at the same time, glad it is available.

Pros

Able to use a mobile app with customers to process invoices, Paperless system, Saves time, stores important info/documents and security.

Cons

Work wave is making changes/updates but I feel there are still some changes/tweaking that need to change or be added to make things better.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Travis - Thanks for your feedback, we are so glad you have found success with our mobile app and support team!

Zachary B.

pestpac

Reviewed on 2019/11/15

It has been a benefit for our business

Pros

Being able to organize everything and route more efficiently

Cons

It has been difficult to get a hold of someone outside of regular business hours and even when you do it can still take a few days to resolve some problems.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Zachary - Thank you so much for the great review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software. However, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the speed to resolve problems, we will pass this valuable feedback to our team.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Tom V.

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Overall it has been a good experience.

Pros

It is designed specifically for pest control applications and is pretty comprehensive.

Cons

If any issues come up that the regular customer support reps cannot handle and they have to send it to engineering or technical support you can be assured that if you get an answer at all it will be weeks or months later. In addition, there is a substantial amount of time it takes to train new employees on how to navigate the software proficiently.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Tom - Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software. However, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with slow resolutions, we will pass this valuable feedback to our team.

Sylvia F.

Pest Pac Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/04

I have watched Pest Pac grow over the many years and see that their goal has always been to work for their customers. They have always made it possible to rewrite programs to serve the customer's needs. The customer service has always been willing to help and work on a project as soon as possible. They keep the customer posted on any updates when a problem does arise and get it solved with speed and efficiency. Always achieving the best results for the customer.

Pros

Pest Pac is easy to navigate and read. The updates come regular and if any problem occur they get right on it and get the issue fixed. They are achieving daily to make things better for everyone.

Cons

I really don't have any cons as I have been using Pest Pac since 2003 and it grows with your company. They are achieving daily to make things better for everyone.