AxisCare

Empowering Home Care Through State-of-the-Art Software

• Industry: Individual & Family Services

No Surprises

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Can't say enough good things. Absolutely love this software over all the competitors we've had in the past. Hands down the best out there for the price.

Pros

It may not be the "prettiest" but it is very user friendly and most importantly IT WORKS. Our company has been through 3 other software platforms over the last 8 years. All previous companies over promised and under performed. Do not be distracted by fancy software features. Those fancy features do not do you any good if the core software doesn't work. AxisCare works! No data loss, no saving issues, rarely down for maintenance and easy to navigate.

Cons

I really can't answer this question because AxisCare is always rolling out new functions and features and they listen to what their clients want. There have been multiple features our office has needed that were added within a few months. That's unheard of in this industry!

William B.

It's All About Relationships

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

It's all about relationships: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] etc etc....Thier team. This makes them a great part of our team and builds a long-term relationship, its not just a business agreement. It is very personal working with the team in TX, our needs are always addressed in an extremely quick manner and our concerns are addressed likewise. I had one office (started with Axiscare) i purchased another office (Generations) ... i compared the two for 8 months, i finally had to make the right decision which was to switch to Axiscare in both offices.... have NEVER regretted that decision. They have been partners in my success from the beginning, and will continue to be so.. Wil

Pros

The Axis care team, is great, and although the presentation and system may not be as "flashy" as other software's, it is by far the best i have used. Also, on top of that the team is always there to both help and be-friend us. Not just for business, but also for personal enhancement and friendship.

Cons

What things i did not like, i brought up as concerns, and they have always resolved the issues, or placed a change order in to resolve the software change desired.... no cons at this time.

Tim C.

If you want great software with great customer service, choose AxisCare

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

It's been great. I have a team who I trained on it but now entrust the AxisCare support team to answer all their questions.

Pros

This is difficult to say because the software does so much. I moved from a competitor of theirs and I'd say the mobile app ease of use for Caregivers was the top reason.

Cons

We have different billing scenario needs but the support team ended up solving the problem with a custom solution. They will be working hard on the CRM module which needs work but is not why most people use AxisCare.

Cathy H.

AxisCare - One of the Best

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

We use AxisCare exclusively for both our Caregiver and Client experiences and documentation. Other than a few hiccups when we initially set our system up, AxisCare has been there the whole journey with us. When we have questions or need clarification with a specific feature, the Customer Support Team has been easy to work with.

Pros

We have been using AxisCare since we opened our office in 2019. It is very user friendly for my internal staff and my caregivers. We developed a very robust Operations Report used to track our growth and AxisCare reporting makes gathering the information quick and accurate.

When the caregivers use the tool correctly, it makes our payroll and billing processes easy and efficient.

Our office uses the "Chat" function daily to communicate with our caregivers and the Team Conversation feature allows our caregivers to communicate with each other and enhances the Caregiver Experience.

Our clients are exceptionally happy with the Family Portal as it allows the families to stay abreast and active in their loved ones care

Cons

The one negative that seems to consistent across the board, is older caregivers do have a longer learning curve with getting acclimated to AxisCare, especially if they experience general difficulties with Smart Phone technology.

James F.

This IT Consultant Turned Home-care Provider Loves AxisCare

Reviewed on 2015/05/06

Pros

I like that AxisCare was built from the ground up to satisfy the needs of a Private Duty company. Instead of being something that tries to please all the people all the time, they have come up with a beyond robust platform that meets every need that I have in Home Care. From clients to caregivers, leads and referrals, messaging and telephony, it's all there and then some. The marketing portion of this program is the single most important factor in the growth of my business. AxisCare works seamlessly with Quickbooks Pro or Quickbooks Online Edition. I've used both and AxisCare saves me so much time. I am constantly finding new and innovative ways to use AxisCare and their support and development teams are the best. Problems are solved immediately and suggestions are implemented in the newest updates.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about AxisCare or the company. I just wish more people knew about them and what an amazingly useful program it is for the management of my home care business.

Eileen H.

Long Term User-Very Satisfied

Reviewed on 2020/05/14

Overall they are great about adding new features, quick to respond to issues- although we are in different time zone so i have found that sometimes they are responding after we have closed for the day.

Pros

It is an intuitive product - easy to teach and use. Love the Call log feature as I can check on what's going on in the office when I am not there.

Cons

Creating new forms is not as user friendly. Would like the ability to add or subtract from existing forms they create and have the ability to have a feature which enables us to send forms remotely like a DocuSign product

Prince P.

Service Coordinator and Scheduler

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

The software has really help with our effectiveness and organization of supports.

Pros

The automated accounting piece for billing and payroll. Potential employees applying directly on line, the messaging to interact with staff. Clock in and out system is really good. Kilometers and expense input is really good as well.

Cons

Administrators should get some sort of notification when shift has been picked or accepted by some one.

Kaci M.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

Pros

The customer service was phenomenal. The ease of the software and exporting to QuickBooks for payroll is so easy and quick.

Cons

Getting the consumer & employee profiles set up to match QuickBooks. This part took the most time but once we figured out the pattern it went smooth. Again, I couldn't have done it without the help of the support staff at Axis. They were amazing and very patient.

Andrea G.

As a daily user, I am very happy with AxisCare.

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

It's a useful tool for managing schedules, client and caregiver information.

Pros

The "recommend" feature when assigning cases is very helpful. The daily live schedule is a handy tool for an overview of what is happening right now.
The client and caregiver profiles are extremely useful. It would be handy if the user could move around the boxes of information on those pages to allow for the user to decide what takes viewing priority.

Cons

Some features are a bit clunky such as verifying care notes. It's repetitive going back to the original report when the "next" button isn't working.
Some of the reports are giving differing information although they call the field of information the same from report to report... such as "billable hours".
Online training is outdated and unprofessional. Recording a live training and distributing it as onboarding training is a sad example of "training". Five full minutes of dead air waiting for callers to join the call should have been deleted from the file at least before uploading it.

Melissa G.

Happy Customer

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

My overall experience has been great

Pros

I like everything about this software it offers everything I need to run and organize my company.

Cons

There is nothing I like least I think this program has all I need for my organization to be competitive and compliant. However I would like them to offer employee exclusion caregiver checks option

Christian W.

Versatility and flexibility

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

From the first week of operating within Axiscare it was clear that it had the simplicity and all the flexibility to accommodate future use. Any software that accommodate growth and flexibility is going far beyond competition. The support team and manager are very forthcoming with quick response time.

Pros

Multi platform use i.e. smartphone, tablets, desktop. Low cost to enter. Multi-user integration without jeopardising security. Contact with support, improvements made over time, Listens to input and accommodate for special changes to one client. Form creating possibilities (which can only get better as it is in Beta) Financial reports. Overall very easy to use.

Cons

Would like the phone app to be introduced to UK. Full integration with xero.com accounting software for invoicing.

Joshua G.

Love

Reviewed on 2017/04/25

Axis Care is a very accommodating company. They have worked with us since the beginning and have made many changes to our liking. I believe it could be more fluid, but I believe they are getting there. The staff is excellent and we enjoy working with them very much.

Pros

The OS is pretty simple
They are willing to change the site to accommodate our needs
Price
Reports
Phone App

Cons

It isn't as fluid as it could be, pages could work together more
Care Note week and Billing week does not match and is a major annoyance (needs to be sun-sat and should have a bi-weekly option)
Does not sync/update Home Care Pulse when cases end, even though the information is updated from our system
Website is very hard to navigate on a phone when making changes

Ramona L.

Thrilled with the integrity and response of this group!

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

The software has presented us with a one huge and a few minor challenges. Customer service went ABOVE AND BEYOND and respected the position we were in during the major challenge. They understand the obligations that come with a customer service industry and responded as few companies do these days. I applaud the work they did to get us back up and running for a weekend of coverage. They continue to be very responsive to the minor glitches we have had of late and I have no doubt that they will stick with us until they figure it out. What more could you ask for in a technology company that is addressing the needs of a constantly changing industry?

Pros

The ratings we could find said what we needed to know and it fits our scheduling, reporting and documenting needs well.

Cons

Not thrilled with the cost because we don't utilize the whole package and would love to not pay for what we don't use. Also the current glitches we are experiencing are challenging our patience.

Brandy C.

User friendly

Reviewed on 2018/08/16

I would like to see if we could get an option for the client to sign on the app before the caregiver clocks out if need be. We have a few that will let the caregiver leave early and I have to clock them out from the office but then we don't have a signature.

Pros

I came to work with a new company and no one really understood the software even tho they had been trained. I was able to figure out the system on my own and guide them through it. I find it very user friendly. The majority of the caregivers really like the app and being able to see their schedules and the messaging system.

Cons

I was unaware of the price structure and that we are charged for clients over 20. I would like to be able to have all clients on as active and be able to put our facility hours that we staff on as well but it cost to much to have that many clients in as active.

Marcela H.

An accurate solution for Homecare Agencies

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

In our research for a system that better suits up for our operation, Axiscare was the best option. We have made adecuations on the way we use it, to make it fill for our operation. Allthough the Axiscare team has created customizable sections, it would be great to ask us specific modifications that can make this system our BIGGEST tool.
There's no periodic or scheduled shotr meetings with the customer, to listen how this tool it's working; at least not in our experience here in Mexico.

Pros

Covers the biggest and basic operations of Homecarebusiness.
Information and reports can be accesed and filtered as needed; it may also be exported.

Cons

Still with old feel and look of the page.
Lacks of removing past info such as prices & info catalogs.

Fereshteh K.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Review for Axiscare

Reviewed on 2020/10/27

Up to now, we could have set up everything faster is we have an assigned representative helping us

Pros

It covers most of our needs. It has been in this industry long enough then it has good experience in this field.

Cons

Slow Customer service and reaching out to a real person for the time we need. It doesn't have an e-sign service in your software.

Response from AxisCare Software

Thank you for your feedback, Fereshteh. We appreciate hearing from our customers and use your feedback to help improve your customer experience with AxisCare. We regret that you have had a less than optimal experience with us so farwe're growing fast, and unfortunately this has sometimes kept us from serving our clients according to our usual standards. We are taking your suggestions under consideration and will be making changes and improvements with the goal of serving our customers more efficiently and effectively.

For example, we are adding an AxisCare Relationship Manager to walk agencies through every step of onboarding more closely and be the dedicated point of contact throughout the process.

As always, we appreciate your business and look forward to working closely with you and your team to better support your agency. Thank you for choosing AxisCare!

Shelley H.

Marketing Director

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

Love it, especially the customer service. Our case manager still uses her little ipad to use AxisCare. She deserves to win this laptop for her office. Not only is she great, she is on her second career at age 72 and works because she loves the people she can help through Grace Care.

Pros

Love it's integration. The ease of data entry is appreciated and the way one thing connects to another is great.

Cons

Changing data once it is in. I find it a little difficult that we can not remove an entry especially if it was done in error.

Mark R.

FANTASTIC SERVICE

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

I am please with the program. we don't use all the features that come with the program but for the ones we do it is great and we seem to learn something new daily.

Pros

User Friendly. Daily Scheduling made easy, Tracking Caregivers, Finance reports.

Cons

scheduling weeks at a time was hard to get used too.

José luis G.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Excellent software

Reviewed on 2020/07/26

Its a very good software to manage your business in the caregiver area, besides that the interface is a little old look like, one of the best.

Pros

Easy to use, much visual, one of the best software to administration, calendars, payroll and agenda of my personal of home care services

Cons

Visually the interface looks I little bit all, just like and old windows, the restrictions for billing and make fixed rate per caregiver it's messy

Hope` P.

Best I have ever used!!

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

Keep up the great work!! You have an exceptional team!

Pros

All of the features I need are at my fingertips! Updating info is so easy, and so is customizing what we need. Customer Service is always right on top of any request that I have, and if I don't understand something they are always ready and able to walk me thru it.
I have worked with so many softwares over the years, and this is - by far - the most comprehensive.

Cons

The mobile app is harder for me to navigate ... but that is because my work phone is very small, and my eyes aren't as good as they used to be.

Jana E.

The software has made my job much easier.

Reviewed on 2018/08/10

Pros

Easy to use once all the data input processes are learned. Being organized, altering me to issues, and showing conflicts in scheduling has been a stress relief.

Cons

The process of learning how to use the software is long and you stumble a bit on the way. Learning how to make changes to a single day on a schedule without manipulating the entire week or changing the rate for specific times has been an issue.

Heather B.

AxisCare saved us! Not sure where we would be without it.

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

You guys are great. It is not inexpensive but we fine it worth every penny.

Pros

We have loved the functionality from the start but the new platform and intuitiveness of the program make it even better. 90% of what needs to be done is quick and easily accomplished with this program.

Cons

Using this on a phone or tablet can be challenging. When we have had issues, we sometimes have difficulty getting a quick and easy answer.

Don C.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Great minus the Support

Reviewed on 2018/06/05

Pros

The functionality is great as is the ease of use. It is a much better product than we were using before.

Cons

The support is terrible. Noone ever answers the phone. Takes no less than 3 hours to return your call. When call is returned it appears as if they took your number off of the caller ID because they say "we are returning a call from this number", instead of knowing what you called for and who you are because they listened to your message.

Response from Todd

Don, thank you for your review on AxisCare. It’s great to hear you’re enjoying the functionality of our software and that it’s been a better experience than your previous software. I also appreciate your openness about our Customer Support, and highlighting some areas where we can improve. I would like to apologize for the experience you have had. I have addressed your concerns with the entire Support team, and I’m pleased to tell you about some of the changes we have made. In the past 45 days we have increased our Support personnel by 33%, and we are continuing to grow. We are also implementing state-of-the-art ticketing and phone systems, and we’ve already seen dramatic improvements in both response and resolution times.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon.

Rachel L.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Efficient and Reliable Platform

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

Our business has been able to work as remotely as possible with the clock in/out feature that allows our caregivers to travel to work from their homes without coming into the office. Fantastic mitigation for covid and less exposure.

Pros

Our Caregivers and Admin teams are easily able to access the site via mobile or computer. Very easy to use and make changes.

Cons

No dislikes at this time. I am happy with the software

Jacob B.

Great Tool for Caregiving Management

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

It has been positive experience. Of course, one could wish for improvements here and there. Overall, it's been a great tool and I smile when I even see my competition adopting it. Must be effective.

Pros

It's organized features. Especially with scheduling caregivers along with compiling notes for audits and reviews.

Cons

Wished it would save in real time when edits are made instead of hitting save when you wish to complete an edit. There have been times after a long note was taken that something happened with my computer, internet, or the site and everything was gone without being saved.