AxisCare

4,3
Industry: Individual & Family Services

No Surprises

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Can't say enough good things. Absolutely love this software over all the competitors we've had in the past. Hands down the best out there for the price.

Pros

It may not be the "prettiest" but it is very user friendly and most importantly IT WORKS. Our company has been through 3 other software platforms over the last 8 years. All previous companies over promised and under performed. Do not be distracted by fancy software features. Those fancy features do not do you any good if the core software doesn't work. AxisCare works! No data loss, no saving issues, rarely down for maintenance and easy to navigate.

Cons

I really can't answer this question because AxisCare is always rolling out new functions and features and they listen to what their clients want. There have been multiple features our office has needed that were added within a few months. That's unheard of in this industry!

Katrina B.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

AxisCare: A company that exceeds the common standards of customer service

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

Integration was seamless. My branch was the pilot branch for Family Resource Home Care. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made the trip here personally (Moscow, Idaho- Spokane, WA) to assist with our go live. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are professional, knowledgeable and extremely friendly. I would highly recommend AxisCare not only for it's features, but also because the team behind Axis Care is exceptional.

Pros

AxisCare offers a user friendly interface and at the same time enables users to do a deeper dive with a range of comprehensive reports.

Cons

As we find features we may want to add or that could be useful, AxisCare works with us on adding enhancements. The cons are only that it takes time to get several features up and running.

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

the cutomer support and billing is terrible

Reviewed on 2019/11/07

We feel for the price this could be a great product but the way the service is being handled has our company very concerned and we actually are looking for other products to replace this company.

Pros

The prodcut itself is not bad for the money but the service is terrible

Cons

The prodcut itself is not bad but they way the tickets are not handled, there is no trail t follow up. the forms dont work properly and they change our setting and funtions with out telling us causing issues for us and causing us to lose money. When we call and ask for a supervisor they will do everything to keep you from letting anyone know. I also have concerns about the billing and how its handled. They bill when they want to, no set dates and rep. is always off with sick kids and then has the nerve to put warnings that we have not paid and not take off after we pay and refuse to help our staff because we had a past balance and had payments scheduled and prmised to pay as soon as the benk allowed. Really concered about the direction that this company is going with the poor service and lack of polocies except making rules up as they go. Also the customer service reps are very rude and really dont want to hear what we say but just get us off the phone as soon as possible.

Response from AxisCare Software

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. We're normally known in the industry for our exceptional customer service, and we regret that we have not met your expectations. We always endeavor to answer calls and emails as they come in, and if we miss a call during normal business hours due to a high volume of calls, we try to return any voicemails left as quickly as possible.

Our Tech Help Desk personnel are trained to escalate any calls which request a supervisor to our Customer Support Director or escalate it further, as needed. If you have any issues with the tone of a call or email interaction you have had, please let us know immediately and we will be happy to look into it, address it, and resolve the issue thoroughly and quickly.

We are sorry to hear you have had a difficult experience with our billing policies. If you'd like to discuss this further, please call 800-528-6201 and ask for me, Micah Key, Director of Client Experience.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Jared W.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great Product. Continuously being improved more and faster than any POC software in our space

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

They have been a great partner and really are striving to make real world problems easier to deal with and they support our continuous effort to create systems that remove manual labor work or manual constant touches. This reduces the number of errors possible, streamlines processes for greater consistency across our multiple branches and reduces busy work for our staff so they can focus more on their primary job functions.

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to train to. It is constantly being improved via actual listening to customer feedback. Previous softwares used often gave updates or "enhancements" that were worthless and we often wondered who in the world did they make that update for....

Cons

Some of the website gooey is not as slick and sexy as others I have seen or been demoed. They are redoing several screens to update the look and functionality in phases. The ones they have updated look good.

William B.

It's All About Relationships

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

It's all about relationships: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] etc etc....Thier team. This makes them a great part of our team and builds a long-term relationship, its not just a business agreement. It is very personal working with the team in TX, our needs are always addressed in an extremely quick manner and our concerns are addressed likewise. I had one office (started with Axiscare) i purchased another office (Generations) ... i compared the two for 8 months, i finally had to make the right decision which was to switch to Axiscare in both offices.... have NEVER regretted that decision. They have been partners in my success from the beginning, and will continue to be so.. Wil

Pros

The Axis care team, is great, and although the presentation and system may not be as "flashy" as other software's, it is by far the best i have used. Also, on top of that the team is always there to both help and be-friend us. Not just for business, but also for personal enhancement and friendship.

Cons

What things i did not like, i brought up as concerns, and they have always resolved the issues, or placed a change order in to resolve the software change desired.... no cons at this time.

Ryan T.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Responsive, deep infrastructure. Unfortunate name.

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

One of the best things about Axiscare is that they have really responsive and helpful support staff. We have been in need of frequent help, and they have provided that in spades.

Pros

Axis was very easy to implement across our home health care business. We were updating from paper time cards, so the biggest challenge was bringing our caregivers into a new technological reality. It only took a bit of training and a couple of weeks to pull it off. It helps that the admin staff was trained very thoroughly by the Axis staff. The interface is very easy to use and it keeps all of our notes and documents at our fingertips. Moreover, the interface seems to have been created by people that have done scheduling before, unlike some other software we looked at. It makes a huge difference for your staff as the thing they are in constant contact with feels right to them. I am very happy with Axis and am confident we made the right choice with them.

Cons

The Axiscare app is my biggest complaint about the software. If I or the admin staff is using the website to alter things or update visits, it is flawless and responsive. When I get on my phone app it has problems from time to time. The biggest problem is that it sometimes crashes and makes me sign in again. This is not a major problem because I can just do that. It does lead to calls from frustrated caregivers that don't know why this is happening. It is a small complaint, and Axis may fix this by the time you are reading it, but it's really my only complaint about this software.

Jeff W.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

The best partner in Home Care Software on the market

Reviewed on 2020/10/26

I highly recommend AxisCare and anyone considering this software can feel free to reach out to me to ask questions at anytime!

Pros

I have truly loved the team behind the software and the responsiveness they have in supporting the industry. I have witnessed how they have moved their software to meet the needs of home care operators instead of trying to move operators to meet the software. They have done this while keeping the software easy to use, simple to get new users up and running, and just enough customization to make it our own. I have and will continue to recommend AxisCare to all of my friends in the industry. They are truly a partner for the success of my agency!

Cons

When we first started, not all of the features that we had hoped for were ready to go, they have been working diligently on getting these ready and we have been able to influence its development.

Hannah H.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Very good software system so fast paced work environment

Reviewed on 2020/10/20

AxisCare has been great. We switched from another software in Dec 2019 and so far I do not have any complaints. This has been a drastic improvement from our previous software.

Pros

AxisCare is so easy to use and my click time has decreased dramatically since switching to this software system. I love they have a caregiver app and how user friendly scheduling is. It makes my life as a scheduling manager much easier!

Cons

I do wish there was a way for caregivers to confirm the shifts on their schedule so you know they are checking their schedules and there are no conflicts.

Tim C.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

If you want great software with great customer service, choose AxisCare

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

It's been great. I have a team who I trained on it but now entrust the AxisCare support team to answer all their questions.

Pros

This is difficult to say because the software does so much. I moved from a competitor of theirs and I'd say the mobile app ease of use for Caregivers was the top reason.

Cons

We have different billing scenario needs but the support team ended up solving the problem with a custom solution. They will be working hard on the CRM module which needs work but is not why most people use AxisCare.

Mary N.

User Friendly and Tons of Features

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

Love this software, would recommend to anyways that needs to transition from telephony.

Pros

AxisCare is extremely user friendly, most of caregivers have no problems transitioning from paper timesheets to EVV and telephony.

Cons

Certain items on the software has a long loading time.

Lelynn W.

Newer Client to AxisCare

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

It has been a lot to learn and I know we only have really comprehended a small portion of what we really need to properly utilize. But, I know there are people there to help even if they don't understand fully at the time.

Pros

The accessibility of the web based application. Being able to easily access it from any computer or phone is hugely beneficial.
The App does fairly well with not crashing and not having many issues with clocking in and out.
Seems more user friendly and less "need a degree to navigate" than past services we've used.

Cons

There isn't any auto verifying if the shift is clocked in/out close to the scheduled time. That's quite a pain. If they clock in within 5 min of the shift, we shouldn't be bothered to have to manually verify each and every shift.
Training for actual use was not as detailed as it should be.
More training video tutorials would be beneficial. Especially when fine tuning things (i.e. trying to understand the use of the Marketing section)
Navigating reports proves to be difficult.
Trying to gather forecasting information on schedules/billing/payroll has been confusing. I called in to gain clarification and was told I wasn't able to forecast out anything that wasn't verified shifts. But due to the pandemic, I need to do so to ensure our billable/payroll/bills all align.
Getting a hold of the initial persons that set us up was difficult. Of the three or four we went through, only one person was always available.
It doesn't link our leads to our home office website fully - in that we can't mark off a "contacted" line item in AxC and it check it off on our home office site. Right now it appears to only pull information from the site to AxC but will not submit info back to the site from AxC.

Cathy H.

AxisCare - One of the Best

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

We use AxisCare exclusively for both our Caregiver and Client experiences and documentation. Other than a few hiccups when we initially set our system up, AxisCare has been there the whole journey with us. When we have questions or need clarification with a specific feature, the Customer Support Team has been easy to work with.

Pros

We have been using AxisCare since we opened our office in 2019. It is very user friendly for my internal staff and my caregivers. We developed a very robust Operations Report used to track our growth and AxisCare reporting makes gathering the information quick and accurate.

When the caregivers use the tool correctly, it makes our payroll and billing processes easy and efficient.

Our office uses the "Chat" function daily to communicate with our caregivers and the Team Conversation feature allows our caregivers to communicate with each other and enhances the Caregiver Experience.

Our clients are exceptionally happy with the Family Portal as it allows the families to stay abreast and active in their loved ones care

Cons

The one negative that seems to consistent across the board, is older caregivers do have a longer learning curve with getting acclimated to AxisCare, especially if they experience general difficulties with Smart Phone technology.

Elizabeth B.
Industry: Medical Practice

I have used many systems and AxisCare is my favorite

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

AxisCare was a breath of fresh air when I moved over to Visiting Angels a years ago! It is the smoothest scheduling software I have used and I would suggest it to my former employers any day!

Pros

I like the ease of access. The layout is great for making effective notes that are specific to each client or caregiver. I like that you can tag caregivers in a note from clients pages to put it on their profile as well. I also like how the call log has a feature to send messages to other administrators on the system to their phone. This tool has been wonderful through COVID and having ot work form home. The abliltiy to log on from anywhere instead of just on a program on a work computer has been wonderful!

Cons

I HATE THAT YOU HAVE TO SAVE ON EVERY PAGE! With as much as the phones ring here and as much as we have to switch from profile to profile, it would be wonderful if there was an autosave feature!!

Matthew C.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Fantastic Home Care Software! Scheduling Genius!!!

Reviewed on 2018/08/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

AxisCare was easy for our agency to get started with and has been the best, safe, secure, and customizable solution we have seen. It has allowed our management, caregivers and our client families to all stay on the same page. AxisCare software helps add a modern professional edge to our Home Care agency.

Pros

The scheduling features and functions are outstanding. For such an incredibly powerful software soulution, AxisCare is extremely intuitive and user friendly. We can have new scheduling managers up to speed in a short amount of time. The dashboard overviews allows management to track just about every detail you could possibly imagine or want.
The app, which is both Apple & Android compatible, is wonderful. It allows caregivers to clock in and out using a single tap. As an agency we can be confident that our caregivers are on site and ready to perform their duties (clients homes are geofenced, so they can only clock in at the house). The app works on both new and really old phones - a huge plus! The app also shows all the ADL’s which are tapped to indicate completion and the caregivers add their care notes directly into the app, which can then be verified online. We have so many caregivers comment how easy this system is compared to other agencies they have worked with.

Cons

Since we have been using AxisCare, there are continued improvements that have been added. Most I wouldn’t have thought of, but really appreciate them once they are released. By keeping on top of things and making upgrades, there are no cons we can report.

James F.

This IT Consultant Turned Home-care Provider Loves AxisCare

Reviewed on 2015/05/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like that AxisCare was built from the ground up to satisfy the needs of a Private Duty company. Instead of being something that tries to please all the people all the time, they have come up with a beyond robust platform that meets every need that I have in Home Care. From clients to caregivers, leads and referrals, messaging and telephony, it's all there and then some. The marketing portion of this program is the single most important factor in the growth of my business. AxisCare works seamlessly with Quickbooks Pro or Quickbooks Online Edition. I've used both and AxisCare saves me so much time. I am constantly finding new and innovative ways to use AxisCare and their support and development teams are the best. Problems are solved immediately and suggestions are implemented in the newest updates.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about AxisCare or the company. I just wish more people knew about them and what an amazingly useful program it is for the management of my home care business.

Kimberly P.

Best Scheduling Software Around

Reviewed on 2016/08/29

This is the best scheduling software around. The features are execellent and Customer Support is awesome. Whenever an issue may come up, we have contacted Customer support and they are immediately there to help. If support isn't sure how to handle the issue they will research it and get back with us. They have always gotten back to us in a timely manner and resolve the issue when they do.
The software is easy to work with. Once we got used to using all the features we were able to set up schedules, assessments, plan of care, billing and payroll. It is an all in one software which is compatible with Quickbooks. The billing software is also compatible with third payer software once everything is set up.

Pros

Compatibility with other software programs we use. Ability to take a prospective client or employee and convert into a actual client/employee. Alerts for scheduling errors, unscheduled shifts, client/employee birthdays, alerts for employee's requirements (Valid DL, Auto Ins, First Aid, Professional License), and alerts when an employee doesn't clock in for a shift.

Cons

Learning to use the software in the beginning but with the assistance with Customer support we were able to become masters of it. Now when we have to call customer support it is usually because of an error we have made ourself, which they can fix that also on their end. Or just a call to tell them we miss talking with them :)

Lawrence J.

Easy to use system

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

Overall, I think this is a good system, especially for new beginners.

Pros

The software has an easy and friendly feel. The systems allow my staff to be trained quickly and efficiently.

Cons

Not able to make changes to for access for roles. There needs to be accessible for the consumer to give access.

Page C.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

AxisCare is BY FAR the very BEST VALUE, it is the MOST VERSATILE, and BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE SOFTWARE

Reviewed on 2020/05/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I could not be happier! I love this software, and my team members in all three offices do as well. New team members have been able to learn this system incredibly fast. I can't imagine us ever using anything else!

Pros

I love that it meets our needs in every way. It is easy to use. It is cloud based so it's function both inside and outside of the office. It's versatile and easy to customize. It's a great value. The customer service is off the charts incredible. I can't say enough good about it!

Cons

I want more reports... that's about it. They are continually surprising us as they adapt and grow, making it better and better all the time!

Eileen H.

Long Term User-Very Satisfied

Reviewed on 2020/05/14

Overall they are great about adding new features, quick to respond to issues- although we are in different time zone so i have found that sometimes they are responding after we have closed for the day.

Pros

It is an intuitive product - easy to teach and use. Love the Call log feature as I can check on what's going on in the office when I am not there.

Cons

Creating new forms is not as user friendly. Would like the ability to add or subtract from existing forms they create and have the ability to have a feature which enables us to send forms remotely like a DocuSign product

Patricia B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

A click here aand click there!

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

I have had a fantastic experience with Axis Care my company now runs about 10 different sites from Axis Care. Everyone from the sales team to support have always been great! I have had a few issues with people responding in a timely fashion but for the most part it has been a great experience.

Pros

It streamlines the scheduling process. All I need to know and see is at the tip of my fingers. A click here a click there and bam its all there for me viewing comfort. No searching in multiple software for the information I need. It was easy to teach and train new office staff coming in how to use and the HELP videos are phenomonal.

Cons

All the changes. Don't get me wrong I love the changes once I learn to work with them, but I think there could be better warning of changes.

Betsy K.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

I used to have complaints over Axiscare but it has been developing and becoming more user friendly.

Reviewed on 2018/08/28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I do wish that we could have some kind of way to maybe press and hold shift or control then individually click each visit (or press and hold the left mouse button and then drag over visits) to adjust those times... kind of like in scheduling but you're doing it on the calendar itself. This would be really helpful for when you get an increase in hours for one month, it's that easy. Also since hours vary, maybe there is a drop down menu that says "add one hour before, add one hour after, add 30 min before, add 30 min after" and while everything is highlighted, you just push that button and it will adjust all highlighted visits.
Also maybe underneath the caregiver and client calendar, a spot where we can write call logs... we just highlight whatever visit we are referring to and it will automatically populate the caregiver and client's name in the log. Also in call logs, it would be awesome if we could save a document in there such as an important recorded phone call so we can refer to that more easily.

Pros

I really like how you can copy and paste visits where you used to have to make them individually. Yalls improvements have been great.

Cons

Axiscare has been running slow a lot lately. I know that that is sometimes out of any one person's control. I don't really have any cons.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Brigette J.

Why I Love Axis Care

Reviewed on 2020/10/21

When our company first launched the program it was such a smooth transition and the support Axis Care offered was exceptional. Now that we have been using it for over a year it has become a software I have come to love as it is easy and saves a lot of time.

Pros

This software is very easy to utilize and makes it easy to train new staff how to use it. I love how easy it is to view the schedule in the Real Time View and how easy it is to Verify Visits using the Schedule Verify feature. This has saved me a lot of time and effort.

Cons

If I had to pick something I did not like it would probably be that at times I would like to see the total scheduled hours for each employee within the Real Time View feature rather than having to open up another screen with the employee calendar.

Teresa H.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Axis has made scheduling a more efficient process, and saved time.

Reviewed on 2017/04/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall, AXIS is a great scheduling system, that has DEFINITELY added ease and efficiency to the job of the scheduler. And I should know, since I am the scheduler!!!

Pros

The alerts that enable you to know when you have double booked a caregiver with more than one client. Also, the layout of the website gives the user easy access to client/caregiver schedules, profiles, and reports that aide in running a home health company.

Cons

There are days when the system does not work correctly or drags slowly. Also, there are a few glitches/kinks that need to be worked out. Examples include, but are not limited to, a caregiver who works with 2 clients clocks in for her morning shift at 8:30am, and the system clocks her in at 8:30am for her evening shift that starts at 4:30pm. Also, when verifying, once verified and a caregiver manually clocked out, caregiver can clock out later and the system recognizes the telephony change/stays verified-It should unverified automatically if this happens. This may cause discrepancies in payroll/invoicing, if not seen by office administration.

Chris M.
Industry: Public Safety

AxisCare Provides a Competitive Advantage

Reviewed on 2016/08/31
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

After using a competitor's software for our first year in business, I was looking for a better solution to handle the complex scheduling issues we face on a daily basis. AxisCare was up to the task. Not only did we find a better solution for handling the scheduling, but the consistent enhancements to the overall software package displays the dedication this Company has towards staying ahead of the competition. The roll-out of the AxisCare Mobile App has been a huge win for our caregivers, which translates to a huge win in the office. There are less missed clock-ins and the completion of ADL's is much more consistent. The support staff is fantastic. We have experienced a very quick response time anytime there are questions or issues and the staff always treat you in a friendly and professional manner.

Cons

An area that I wanted some more consistency and flexibility with is the customized forms section. When I brought that up to the support staff, they mentioned that the developers were already working on a complete overhaul of that area. One of the main developers actually reached out to me and spent a significant amount of time trying to understand our business and identifying what features would benefit us the most. I'm extremely confident that this roll-out will be as successful as the Mobile App was.

Monika B.
Industry: Public Safety

Great System!

Reviewed on 2018/08/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I know the owner of We Are Family Home Care spent a lot of time researching programs for our company. He felt this would be the best and streamline everything and I have to agree. My caregivers also agree! Some work for several agencies and truly are thankful to eliminate paperwork and have the app or computer access instead.

Pros

Axiscare is very easy to use and to understand, even for those with limited computer skills. Your customer representatives are so kind and helpful and will talk through any problems I may be experiencing. Everything transfers over from lead, to client with ease. The app is outstanding for caregiver use and helps us make sure all notes and ADL's are in on time. The group messaging is unique and a definite perk. I also love the time stamp on everything, it really helps deter any fraudulent activity.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that the calendar was changed and I feel in some ways it is more difficult to maneuver. However, I do understand that since I use a laptop, this may be the reason.