Jenn B.

Consign Cloud Suprised Me!

Reviewed on 2021/02/02

I needed a cost effective was to start my business and Consign Cloud gave me just that. Overall I am happy with this software.

Pros

I was surprised about the functions it had for the cost. It was easy to set up and for most part easy to use.

Cons

I had some issues with printer compatibility, but customer service was quick to help. I wish there were better search functions under accounts. I also wish it had more functions like a client portal.

Response from ConsignCloud

Hi Jenn! Thanks for reviewing. We do in fact have a consignor portal, it sounds like you missed that feature! Feel free to reach out to us directly for more information on that.

Michelle W.

Well-organized and useful POS program

Reviewed on 2021/02/08

I like the 6 month trial period and the credit that comes with it for starting out businesses, like we are. That helped a lot. However, shortly after our trial period ended and we began paying full price ($49), there was a price increase and we are now paying $89. Besides that, I have been very satisfied with this inventory and POS program. That is why we continue paying the higher price because it is very functional and detailed and does everything our store needs it to do in order to keep an organized inventory and customer log.

Pros

The filter features make it easy to find a specific item when searching through a large inventory. I am always impressed by the chat feature and how quickly I get a response. So far most every search, report, or customization I have needed is available with thos program.

Cons

The only complaint I have is when I print our monthly reports, it is somewhat difficult to understand. It doesn't spell out our store's profit for the month. It does, however, have everything broken down where we can total it manually. I would request a 'TOTAL' line be added or something along those lines to show the profit/loss more clearly.

Maja H.

Cloud & Bunny

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

Really dislike that I can’t connect to square or PayPal that there’s no other option to tie everything together.
I’m looking at other options since this has gotten so expensive especially since we’re in the middle of pandemic. Will continue to use until I figure something better.

Pros

I love that consigner can check on the status of their items . Wish that it would e mail them as soon as something sold.

Cons

I wish it was easier to run reports of goods sold over a month etc
Wish that it would notify clients when goods are sold. It’s very expensive for a shop our size.

Ashley M.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great Program... Needs integration improvement...

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

Pros

I love how organized it keeps my consignment store. We have over 2500 unique items and once we got it set up correctly it works like a charm.

Cons

I wish that it integrated better with our online store. We use Shopify and ConsignCloud doesn't automatically make the items available in the POS System. So it is difficult and time consuming to go into Shopify and post the items to the sales platforms. Also I wish that there was an "Other" option when it comes to paying consignors. We use Venmo a lot and there isn't a great way to record that. Also Editing consignment percentages AFTER something sells would be great. Setting up the percentages was confusing and it let to a lot of manual math and not being able to record correct payments

Response from ConsignCloud

Hi Ashley, thanks for the review! I just wanted to let you know that we now have custom payout types! You can set them up at Settings > Policy.

Angela C.

Best Consignment Software

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

Overall my experience has been very good. I’ve looked at other softwares but I really like ConsignCloud, it’s layout, and how user friendly it is.

Pros

Ease of use. I transitioned my entire store from paper to software in less than a month. I quickly can inventory items and look up brands, prices, and clients.

Cons

I’d like to be able to integrate with Square and customize fields and drops downs on my own.

Raegen D.

Perfect Solution for complex shops

Reviewed on 2021/02/08

Overall, we really love the software. Nothing compares to it's ease of use and professional aesthetic.

Pros

We were able to mold it and make the features work for what we needed.

Cons

There are a few bugs that I'm hoping get resolved with integration and connecting to Shopify.

Michaela M.

great user support. easy to use. costly.

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

Pros

I love the chat support. The replies are fast and thorough.

Cons

the sudden and dramatic price jump from $49/mo. to $89/mo. was shocking and I cant say I notice a big difference in the interface

Dominique D.

Feedback

Great to work with
Sometimes amazed at the programs capabilities

Pros

Great technical support
Easy to maneuver
Accessible anywhere anytime

Cons

Self teaching is needed
Gets expensive after yearly discount expires

Mary S.

Good for the money? No

Reviewed on 2021/02/08

It’s great for inventory control and point of purchase

Pros

It’s relatively easy to use but I am not using all the features of the software so I find it extremely costly for my business,

Cons

They are unwilling to reduce my monthly fee, they said if they did it for me they would have to reduce all other customers who reached out.

Remy R.

Top rated

Reviewed on 2015/08/26

Partnering with ConsignCloud is the perfect fit in my consignment business. I wish I had met the wonderful crew early on. After 23 years in business ... It's better late than never. As an owner, I can now balance work/life with ease.

Advantages: User friendly, Cost effective, Virtual, Excellent Tech Support.

Disadvantages: None

Go ... What are you waiting for?

Kate J.

Great program - Still growing!

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

The development team and everyone we've worked with at ConsignCloud is very helpful and super friendly to work with. They are always available for questions, especially during implementation and set-up, but even after we've had the program for a while.

Pros

Very easy to use and set up. Training the team on this program was very quick in comparison to the previous program we used.

Cons

Very limited in the reports that can be run. Need to be able to have more control over the information generated to run reports needed for our accountant.

Cherish D.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Love this Software would highly recommend

Reviewed on 2021/02/08

I own a consignment shop and it was work perfectly for exactly what I need! Would highly recommend this software especially for the price!

Pros

I have a consignment shop and have used this software from day 1 (October 2018) I love the ease of everything it has to offer! The entering of items and the ease of finding what I need fast!

Cons

So far I have no complaints! It does and continues to be the best software choice for my consignment shop

Michelle P.

An easy transition

Reviewed on 2021/02/08

The customer service has been excellent and they have understood the tough posiiton we have been in the pandemic.

Pros

I was brand new to opening up a consignment clothing store and transitioning my store to consign cloud was easy and intuative to learn. The customer service has been excellent and the sotware is competitive and affortable.

Cons

I do not like that it is not integrated into my point of sale or shop online. (Woo commerce and square) and that the fees went up.

Nora G.
  • Industry: Textiles

useful, but lack customization options and not very good UX

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

It is very good, and I like the program. However it feels like with a bit of development it could be really great. It has a feel that it is designed by people that dont use it on the daily.

Pros

There are many good features such as the automatic emails, and that you can set expiry dates etc. that are really helpful in our daily operations.

Well organized, and the autofill and estimated pricing is very efficient and saves us a lot of time.

Cons

The first issue is the UX. It is not at all intuitively designed. It takes time to find and understand the features you are looking for. For example, finding and using the expiration feature in the expired list is very inefficient. A button directly on the products would be more useful.

The second issue is the lack of customization options. There is some customization, but it would be great to have a lot more such as:
- change timing of emails, ability set weekly/monthly instead of daily
- change font, layout, design of emails
- create own templates and categories for emails, other than those that already exist
- add option to expire products not only from the expirations list but directly in the product page
- ability to add custom tax calculations
- customize the dashboard/landing page

Megan T.

Great product!!!

Reviewed on 2021/02/08

Overall experience is great! We've really enjoyed this software and the ease of using it.

Pros

This software is absolutely the easiest to use I've been able to use every feature without any hiccups and even my teens are able to help me process items using this.

Cons

The affordability was great the first 6 months and then jumped in price pretty drastically, while it is a con I do believe the software is well worth the price.

Anastasia D.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

I tried to like this software.. But I had to ditch it.

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

I spent a long time testing the software before my store went live. You're only given a two-week trial, which I don't think is long enough to gauge whether the software is for you (especially if you're a small business owner, with many other things to do!).

I found overall, the system was on paper my perfect solution to a consignment software, but in reality, made me double-hand a lot of my work.

Another note.. After I had cancelled my account, I was charged for four months after. The support team were helpful and refunded me.. but that shouldn't have happened in the first place! If I hadn't noticed, I would have likely been charged for longer than four months.

Pros

It integrated with Shopify. I run an online-only consignment store, so getting a Shopify-integrated software was incredibly important. Of the consignment software that has a Shopify integration, I found consign-cloud to be the easiest to set up and use with Shopify.

Cons

- The consignor portal is incredibly basic. I loved the idea of being able to provide my consignors with a login so they could keep track of their items.. but in reality, they still had to contact my store for more information.
- The execution of some of the more nuanced features, like the discount schedule, didn't carry over to Shopify. So I had products that weren't going on sale when they should have - So I had to do that manually.

Excellent product, very glad we chose ConsignCloud

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

ConsignCloud makes our business possible - without this or similar software we wouldn't be able to operate. ConsignCloud's customer service is excellent - they have been very responsive and helpful on every occasion when we've been in touch with them.

Pros

The ease of entering and retrieving data, and the automatic updating of customers makes our business possible and keeps our consignors happy.

Cons

The monthly reconciliation process could be made more straightforward. We would also appreciate the opportunity to see the emails that go to clients so we know exactly what went and when. Ideally, closer integration with Square and eBay.

Jennifer R.

ConsignCloud feedback

Reviewed on 2016/06/14

The transition from our manual system to CC was not fun. We had to go from a consignor-centric system to a SKU system, and for us, it wasn't intuitive. Now that it's fully operational, it's made inventory management so much easier. Plus, our consignors love it - they tell us we are the most technologically advanced consignment store in town. That helps us stand out from the pack!

Pros

The email notifications to consignors have streamlined payment and pick-up. It gives consignors tools to manage their account, and thus allows us to hold them responsible. The inventory management component has allowed us to double, if not triple, our intake volume.

Cons

We'd like to see more robust reporting features, and the customer data isn't useful right now. Crossing our fingers that you introduce a rewards/loyalty program soon!

Jennifer G.

Close to awesome, but....

Reviewed on 2021/02/02

Pros

Ease of use and easy to navigate. It’s treat at keeping up with credit card fees for my vendors.

Cons

No layaway feature and it lacks reports that could help a lot more.

Julie W.
  • Industry: Fine Art

Consign Cloud review

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

Pros

We really wanted a consignment system that was in the cloud, allowed multiple users, and interacted with Shopify. At the opening rate of $49/month, this was a bargain. We are a non-profit arts organization with a small gallery.

We really like the itemized invoice that prints for consignor payments. They know exactly what sold. I also like having the ability to adjust the balance to compensate for mistakes or damaged pieces.

Cons

Printing the receipts is cumbersome - they don't print automatically. You have to finish the sale and go to export reciept and then print them.

The price went up after one year from $49/month to $89/month. That's a hefty jump for a small non-profit to swallow. Still, it's less expensive or on par with other systems.

Alessa M.

Consignment system review

Reviewed on 2021/02/02

The response time and assistance from the people who run ConsignCloud is phenomenal. I don't use all of the features that are available, but they certainly seem convenient and there are many great options. I would not be able to keep track of inventory without this system.

Pros

I think my favourite feature is that it is in the cloud. I can work from my laptop, store ipad or on my phone if absolutely necessary. It allows me to work from home, the store or on the road while travelling.

Cons

One thing I've noticed lately is that the tags don't always print out in order of the way they're entered so I have to be careful when applying the labels to clothing.

Sekai H.

Not bad

Reviewed on 2021/02/05

Good

Pros

User friendly. Had trouble with receipt prints

Cons

I’m still getting used to it. There could be more modules (add ons)

Heather S.

Peace of Mind!

Reviewed on 2015/11/06

I own an art gallery that purchases a portion of our inventory outright, and consigns the other portion. ConsignCloud saves me hours of work every week and eliminates the worry of keeping track of consignment sales. It has allowed me to triple the number of artists I carry on consignment and offers our artists reassurance and confidence to share their work with us.

From any location, I can email my artists a complete listing of every item I have in stock, every item I have sold that month, and every item I have already paid. This has given our gallery a trust-worthy reputation among the artist-community and has encouraged more top-quality artists to seek us out to sell their work.

ConsignCloud's team has been wonderful to work with since day one. Even if the issue isn't directly related to their software and I'm just having a "bad printer day", they are willing (and happy) to help me! I would highly recommend working with this team rather than wasting your time and energy with excel spreadsheets!

Nara W.

This is a great program for retail stores

Reviewed on 2015/08/26

I began using Consigncloud in 2012. It completely changed the way I tracked sales and inventory in a very positive way. I run a small gallery gift store that carries consigned and wholesale items. Historically after an item would sell, I would review my employees hand written receipts and enter each sold item into a massive Excel spreadsheet. There would be errors or items I was unable to track due to employee errors. Consigncloud changed the way I was able to track sales in a manner that leaves very little room for error. Now I effortlessly generate sales, track individual items, pay my consignment artists, and run sales reports. The software design team has always been willing to help out when I run across a problem. It is a wonderful product, and I highly recommend it for retail stores.

Allison P.

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2021/02/03

I enjoy this product and would recommend

Pros

I love how easy to use and organize this software is.

Cons

I would like to be able to set up shipping and discounts easier