LEAP

LEAP is the #1 system for lawyers to work anywhere, anytime

Sheena S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Paralegal's/Legal Assistant's best friend!!!

Reviewed on 2021/03/29

It's a must have for any size law office! Organization is a must in our business and LEAP provides just that with an accessibility ease to go along with it. It is also very lawyer friendly, as I know, we paralegals/legal assistants probably do the majority of the actual drafting and keeping of time. My boss caught on very quickly.

Pros

There are so many features in LEAP that make my job easier, but my favorite feature may be the "New Comment" feature. It gives me a way to notate the file, bill my time and notify my boss of what he needs to review/fix/sign/etc, all in one step.

Cons

The thing I like least is having to take multiple steps to transfer funds in the same account from retainer to trust.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to hear that you are benefitting from LEAP's document automation and the LEAP Comment feature. Our Design and Automation team is committed to innovation and adding new features to LEAP. We are happy to see that your firm is benefitting from these innovations and is a valuable asset to your firm!

Nancy jo T.

LEAP Review Six months in

Reviewed on 2021/03/25

We love it. There were certainly frustrations going from one platform to another. We are still learning every day. But overall, the cloud based system has allowed us to have virtual employees and work remotely, which we could not do before.

Pros

The access via any computer and my iphone to documents, calendar, etc is amazing compared to what we were using before. I love that chat support is available all day. I use it a lot!

Cons

The practice areas are not as customizable as we would like. I wish they would dedicate a development team to each state so they could get an understanding of the unique ways each state handles different areas of law. There are some reports they need to add.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to hear that you are benefitting from LEAP's document automation and calendaring functionality as well as having complete remote accessibility. We are always looking to improve LEAP for our users in specific jurisdictions. At LEAP, we are committed to helping law firms save time and make more money and we are happy that LEAP has been a valuable asset to your firm!

Kathryn B.
  • Industry: Law Practice

LEAP transforms office efficiency and organization.

Reviewed on 2021/03/29

Before LEAP and on-line, cloud-saving software...hands on paper files in a stationary office setting was necessary. LEAP makes it possible for all colleagues to have access to all files all the time anywhere, and it is affordable for small businesses.

Pros

As an estate and real estate paralegal for 30 years, working with LEAP brings file access, organization and storage to a modern efficient level. With LEAP, working remotely from anywhere is now possible and practical. LEAP saves time that used to be spent copying, finding documents and communicating file information with colleagues.

Cons

Becoming proficient on any new software, especially one with the power of LEAP, can be daunting.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to hear that LEAP is improving your law firm's document management and client collaboration on multiple devices. At LEAP, we are committed to helping law firms save time and make more money. We are happy to see that LEAP is a valuable asset to your law firm!

Leon B.

Don't do it

Reviewed on 2020/09/07

Pros

Everything is located within the one piece of software

Cons

You cannot export a client file in the event they seek a copy. The software is limited to only exporting 100 files at a time so if you have a decent client file then you need to ring and ask Leap if they can export. The answer is that they can but for $4,000 !!!

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Thank you for reviewing LEAP. Items can be shared via LawConnect via comments and e-signatures; visit [email protected] for help. Extraction of data is at the discretion and responsibility of the firm, stated in the LEAP Terms and Conditions.

Charles R.

LEAP Into Success!

Reviewed on 2021/03/27

It has changed my practice in so many ways. Even if there were a better software, this software has been a game changer for this firm.

Pros

My personal favorite attribute to this software is the technical support behind it. The helpdesk at LEAP is by far the most proficient, responsive, respectful, diligent, and most importantly, the helpdesk with the most overall proficient technicians responding. Every technician I have every worked with, and I ask questions to them almost as often as if they were in my office sitting with me, has a comprehensive knowledge of the entire software. If there has been a unique issue, they have always solved it within minutes. They are truly amazing.

My next favorite attribute is that the software becomes more useful and powerful with every piece of information you fill out. It requires the users to put the information into the system, but once it's there, what you can do with the information is where the dividends pay off. Clerks will spend far less time doing clerical work. Attorneys can draft better documents repeatedly in order to maximize time.

Next, is the document automation. It is continually being developed as we continue to work. Being able to generate large documents that can be used repeatedly at a substantial fee is a valuable asset.

I think my partner, who keeps our books, would say that the push over to Quickbooks feature is the best. It is timesaving and allows less room for error.

Cons

The accounting methodology is different from the US methodology causing a greater learning curve during the transition to LEAP.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

We appreciate your wonderful feedback on our customer support team, online intake, document automation, and strong integrations with QuickBooks Online. At LEAP, we value our customers and pride ourselves on offering individual attention from consultation to training. We look forward to continuing our effort to make LEAP legal software a valuable asset to your law firm.

Karina L.

online chat box never works & there is a 24 hr delay in response to support req's.

Reviewed on 2017/08/24

Pros

once you get someone to help they are great
templates are very helpful
billing & time keeping is great & synchs with iphone - love that
being networked with my staff & being able to login from anywhere is great

Cons

it's clunky
you can't start an email outside of LeAP & then attach a document; it has to be generated from a matter - not practical
also cannot grab documents from matters to upload to court for filings - they have to be downloaded and then saved outside of LeAP and then security has to be removed - it's a pain for us e-filers
clients with more than one matter do not get linked - submatters are totally separate matter; again, not practical esp for accounting and bookkeeping

Response from LEAP

We provide our LEAP users many resources to help troubleshoot and assist with any training related queries. Our in-house LEAP Consultants can also provide Best Practice sessions.

The LEAP Community offers training videos, troubleshooting services, and our Live Chat service. Our Live Chat allows you to quickly connect with a representative that can assist you in fully utilizing LEAP. You can visit the LEAP Community and access our Live Chat support at: https://community.leap.us/s/support-US.

Jordan T.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Best Legal Software Around!

Reviewed on 2020/11/13

Pros

LEAP is excellent for automating documents so that you don't have to waste time typing in generic information that is in all your documents and letters. It is excellent to keep all your documents in one place on each matter and if you are in court, the phone app is a must! Making the switch from our outdated practice management software to LEAP was the best decision for our practice!

Cons

If you are a volume practice, invoicing by matter becomes a bit overwhelming, but it's just something you have to get used to. Being that it's cloud based software, you also have to wait some time for documents to load.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our automated forms and documents, matter management, mobile app, and making the switch. We are committed to helping law firms like yours.

Pamela G.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Overall a very good product...

Reviewed on 2020/11/09

Implementation and learning curve a lot harder than we expected. A lot of issues importing our information from PCLaw to LEAP. And the billing has been a real struggle for us.

Pros

The ease of use as an attorney - the ability to easily track time and have client information, emails and documents all in one place and available in the cloud has been a huge timesaver.

Cons

The billing functions and exporting to Quicken are clunky at best. very little ability to customize the bookkeeping functions for our practice. While attorneys in the office are more efficient, my bookkeeper is not.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We appreciate your positive feedback. Please check community.leap.us for updates and new features for LEAP including accounting, forms, and more. Please contact Support for any issues, available 9am-8pm EST.

Nicola C.

Fantastic software

Reviewed on 2021/03/29

We have been using Leap for over two years and have been very impressed with its features. It takes care of our needs in our law firm and is super easy to use. The customer support is fantastic. This was our first time using a case management software and we love that everything is all in one place.

Pros

I love the one software for all of needs of our firm. The software is easy to use. If there is ever a question, the support is outstanding. The chat is so easy to use, everyone is so professional, patient and friendly and know their stuff. This was our first time using a case management software and we love that everything is all in one place.

Cons

My only complaint with the software are the interest invoices. It's confusing. I would prefer being able to bill the interest on one invoice only.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Thank you for your review of LEAP legal software. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to see that your law firm is benefitting from our all-in-one practice management solution and assistance from our customer support team. At LEAP, we are constantly innovating our software to perform better for our users. We would like to demonstrate an easier way for you to add interest on an invoice. Please email [email protected] to set up some time with a dedicated Practice Management Advisor. We look forward to continuing our efforts to make LEAP a valuable asset for your law firm.

Larry R.
  • Industry: Law Practice

LEAP sells you the product and stays with you until you are finished with your case.

Reviewed on 2017/10/20

In the standard computer software, that attorneys use they have to jump from one screen to the next to the next before their project can be completed, in LEAP you don't have to do that, you have everything in one single program, you have a trust accounting program, you have a time billing program, you have everything in one place, you don't have to go from one program to the next, one login one place one job, LEAP has everything I need to run my practice efficiently.

Pros

LEAP's customer service is easy, responsive, and cordial. Unfortunately, in today's world, people don't understand the need to provide good services. Customer service has taken a back seat to sales in most companies. With most software, no one is helping you understand how to use the product properly. With LEAP, it's a different story.

Cons

There isn't anything I can say that I don't like. Prior to using LEAP I had to use 4 different programs, now I have it all in one system.

I wish LEAP was available sooner.

Response from LEAP

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP! It is great to hear that our training and customer service has exceeded your expectations. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!

Jennifer R.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Well worth the investment!

Reviewed on 2020/11/07

I couldn't run my practice without it.

Pros

I love the time keeping and fillable forms. It helps me get everything done faster and maximize my billable time.

Cons

It is expensive, but it is all inclusive, so you won't need to spend money on other software. Sometimes I wish it was more customizable, but it is more so than a lot of the other options out there.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Thank you for reviewing LEAP. We appreciate your feedback. We work hard to provide updates and feature releases based on users' feedback. We are committed to helping law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm.

Heather L.
  • Industry: Law Practice

The complete software package for your firm needs.

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

Organization that is priceless.

Pros

The accounting side is excellent and allows to have real-time accounting and trust balances at fingertips. The app also allows you to have a digital copy of the hard case file at a click away.

Cons

The occasion lag between Microsoft products connecting. This does not happen often and usually has to do with updates needing to happen within Microsoft.

Response from LEAP

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP! We appreciate receiving feedback from our users so that we can continue to offer a product that has everything needed to run a small law firm. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!

Chris T.

Why I do not /have not recomended it to Fellow Lawyers

Reviewed on 2021/01/24

If we could terminate the licences, get our money back and leave early- We would.

Pros

Most of it works most of the time. Some of it is quite useful.

Cons

1) Some of its funcitons do not work on some computers. I have 2 up to date high spec Laptops that Leap have tried (but failed) get it to work properly on. And they are unable to say why.
2) Creating and saving forms and precedents in an easy acessed manner is seemingly impossible.
3) We have experienced poor funcionality and it is exceptionally rigid in its operating requirements.
4) No 24 hour /or 7 day support.
5) Expensive, and you are required to pay for 3 YEAR! licences.
6) We do not use the accounting functions as it proved incompatbale with Legal Aid billing. It was also generating VAT errors.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Thank you for your review. However, this SoftwareAdvice page is for LEAP Legal Software available in the United States. We work hard globally to address and respond to feedback from our users. Please visit the LEAP UK Community site (community.leap.co.uk) for local support for your version of the software.

Ma'isha A.

LEAP makes my practice streamlined and efficient

Reviewed on 2015/11/30

Until I started using LEAP, I was using multiple platforms to run my small firm. This was not an optimal solution at all. It was very time consuming searching for information relating to one matter from different places. After attending a CLE presentation and hearing all the wonderful things LEAP was capable of, I contacted them as soon as I could.

However, after viewing a demo of LEAP, it was love at first sight. Now with LEAP installed, my practice is streamlined and efficient. The automated document production feature and the ability to bill my clients on the go is life changing! The use of this product has allowed everyone in my office to have the ability to be more effective and we now have the capability to invoice for time that we never did before. The Paralegal in my office said where has this been my whole life?

Response from LEAP

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. It is great to hear that it has provided collaboration between yourself and all your staff. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!

Todd H.

User friendly

Reviewed on 2021/02/28

Pros

The application was worth every penny. Thank you

Cons

Seems to be made for smaller companies.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

We greatly appreciate your feedback and we are glad to hear that you are benefitting from LEAP's all-in-one practice management solution. At LEAP, we are committed to helping law firms save time and make more money and we are happy that LEAP has been a valuable asset to your firm!

Tyler R.

Horrible software- horrible service

Reviewed on 2021/03/24

Horrible. The document management is horrendous. What normally takes one or two steps using something like dropbox takes 4 to 5 steps with Leap. It’s significantly increased the time and effort needed to create, download, upload, and manipulate files.

Pros

The one and only good feature was the automatic billing entry from email feature.

Cons

The company is crooked. They will not honor your contract or allow you to cancel. They keep sucking money out of your account even when you have written to them twice and called them and emailed them telling them you want to end your trial and not continue with their product.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

We appreciate and welcome all feedback of LEAP so that we can continue to make our software the best practice management solution available for all small law firms. We are sorry to hear that you have been having challenges with some of the features. We recommend that you contact the LEAP Practice Management Advisory Team by emailing [email protected] so we can help you resolve some of these challenges. You can also find a lot of great training resources in our Remote Training Resources Catalog here: https://bit.ly/2OhdXwO. At LEAP, we are committed to making LEAP a valuable asset for your firm and we hope to speak with you soon.

Thomas E.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Don't do it

Reviewed on 2020/02/14

See above.
Oh, their help desk people are completely incompetent.
When I asked to be forwarded to someone to cancel, he hung up on me.

Pros

They SAID we could be trained this weekend. No mention of system requirements . It looked like a good system. "Looked"

Cons

They fail to tell you that depending on your computer, their software may be useless. I have a 1 yr old mac and a brand new Microsoft Surface Pro. Neither can be used. But they'll definitely get you to sign a contract that says nothing of their requirements.
Contract says you can't cancel until the end of your trial...6 months. So since our computers don't work, they want $230/mo for 6 months and we can't use it. Can't get anyone via phone or email to cancel of course. Total scam.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Thank you for your review. We demo based on firms' setup and our contract has the system requirements. Firms have a Client Success Manager for help. We apologize for your dissatisfaction and are disappointed you no longer use LEAP.

Heather L.

It was an extremely easy transition for our firm to switch.

Reviewed on 2016/05/12

There are so many aspects of this software that helps in the day to day operations. Everyone in the firm stays up to date and it has definitely helped in keeping things organized.

Response from LEAP

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. Its great to hear that it has provided collaboration between yourself and all your staff. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!

Nurul H.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Not suitable to litigation practice and most fixes are costly add-on apps

Reviewed on 2020/10/23

It is a very frustrating and very expensive system. It is a frankenstein system - just loads script bolted together to make it work but not much of it (besides the document) works very well.
There is no workflow - that costs extra £495 per month
There is a 73% price hike and most things are additional extras
You cannot create own specific critical dates to create any workflows
Cannot have workflow out of the box#
Need Xero for office accounting - extra costs

Pros

Leap has a very good document library which is why we initially selected leap. However, this is probably the best feature.

Creating templates is also easy as is some of the accounts features. However, it does not have a general accounting facility - so you'll be paying extra to Xero for that.

Cons

Tasks - it is heavily reliant on MS Outlook. If you do litigation, imagine note being able to access or edit tasks allocated to one of your fee earners and that fee earner is off. What do you?

When it comes to diarising tasks, you will be spending more time accepting assigned tasks than actually earning any fees. As an example, on a litigated matter i could have up to 20 directions that i need to comply with. my assistant will set a 14, 7, 2 and on the day reminder (this is a laborious task in Leap). thats 4x20 (80 tasks). i then receive 80 emails i need to open, accept and save (imagine how long that takes). The task is then saved in my out look tasks. No one else can access or edit or delete. This is stuck in outlook and in the matter!

So if i leave - and i have 100 files, thats 800 tasks that no one can access - they will have to troll through the file and set the tasks again. You see the problem! we learnt the hardway.

There is no adequate reporting - so you want to find out how many files you have with a particular supplier/referrer. You can find that out but you can export that into excel . you want to run that report - a third party app will cost you more.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Thank you for your review. However, this Capterra page is for LEAP Legal Software available in the United States. We work hard globally to address and respond to feedback from our users. Please visit the LEAP UK Community site (community.leap.co.uk) for local support for your version of the software.

Sarah S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Best comprehensive legal software available

Reviewed on 2019/05/26

LEAP has a dedicated problem solving area in the company which makes any teething issues able to be quickly resolved. Software is customisable and relevant to a wide range of legal areas.

Pros

Ease of use, simple access to all files loaded in system, ability to change file types based on matter

Cons

Can be slow when connecting with the cloud

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Thank you for reviewing LEAP. We appreciate your positive feedback. We are cloud-based powered by AWS. Security and mobility are our priority. We are committed to helping law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!

Blair J.
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

It started out well and ended with a bust

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

We are trying to cancel/terminate our contract.

Pros

The platform is attractive and simple, extremely affordable when compared with other similar SAAS modalities

Cons

LEAP is still tethered to the premise model; they offered us to purchase 3 new PC stations to encourage us to move from our Mac office to a PC office because their browser version has serious deficiencies when compared to the premise. Though, is the customer service who, after now 2+ months of informing them that we would not accept their cash offer we are still being billed on a monthly basis. We have had to file a claim with AMEX to reject all past and future billings by LEAP to avoid interest and fees. Still, no one has contacted us back to correct this. Our LEAP consultant who trained us (the only one we have a phone # for - no accounting services available by phone) keeps saying he's passing on our messages to billing but who knows. We left a smaller group to be with a more robust organization (which LEAP is) but of course, now we don't know who to talk to when problems emerge. Don't go with these guys, you will regret it.

Response from LEAP

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We appreciate receiving feedback from our users so that we can continue to offer a product and the service we provide.

We apologize for any problems that arose during the initial stages of your implementation process. Ultimately, we were able to settle your firm¿s account with amicably were disappointed that your firm was unable to continue with LEAP but wish you the best moving forward.

Niko K.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING AND A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY

Reviewed on 2017/08/09

Never do business with company unless you have a strictly HP office and are not a heavy Apple / MAC computer based office. They will tell you that the software is compatible but you will not be able to use the software on a MAC as a main computer. You will also be prevented from canceling and will not have access to anyone who is remotely helpful in resolving your situation . You will be told that you must purchase an HP in order to make the software work and you will then find that even with an HP you will not be able to use your MAC with this software.

Pros

The promises that the software offered were wonderful and had they worked we would have been extremely pleased with what the software was supposed to do to help with time management and record keeping. Unfortunately, nothing that we were told came to fruition and we were left with a hefty bill and no support and when we tried to cancel we were told that we could not cancel...

Cons

The software is NOT compatible with Apple. Customer support was not helpful in fixing any of the issues. There were a lot of unfulfilled promises. The "money back" guarantee is a joke... They will NOT return money or honor their own contracts. We have to take them to court in order to make them honor the contract that they created and we signed.

Response from LEAP

We apologize for any problems that arose during the LEAP implementation process. Ultimately, LEAP made many efforts to settle your account but your firm was unresponsive.

We provide all firms considering investing in LEAP with a copy of the LEAP¿s system requirements when they receive their LEAP order form. The system requirements detail all programs that integrate with LEAP as well as the settings that are necessary for installation.

LEAP is committed to providing world-class service and was disappointed that we were unable to work with your firm moving forward.

Hanna S.

LEAP has made my work so much more efficient

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

This software makes me more efficient at work as I am able to do multiple things such as drafting mtions, writing emails, and billing for time all from one platform.

Pros

I love that is so easy to use.
I love that we can e-mail, write motions, write letters, fax, and calendar all through one platform.
Our LEAP representative has been super attentive, they always answer our emails super quickly. The representative has visited our office on numerous occasions and is always so helpful, they are a great teacher, and is efficient at solving our problems.

Cons

the fact that I cannot calendar from the Mobile Application is something that hinders my ability to calendar remotely and from court.

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Thank you for reviewing LEAP. We appreciate your positive feedback. We release features based on users' feedback, submit any here: community.leap.us/s/ideas-user-guide. We are committed to helping firms make more money and are happy that LEAP is an asset.

Bryan D.

LEAP was a great choice for our Firm

Reviewed on 2015/12/21

Our Firm is a relatively small law firm with 3 attorneys, but we do a wide variety of legal work. Our diversity made finding a case management software that would allow us to handle cases from litigation to real estate transactions and everything in-between, a daunting task. At one point we considered each attorney using a separate case management software for their practice area and an additional software for our billing and accounting, that is, until we found LEAP.

LEAP allows us the flexibility to practice in our own separate and distinct legal areas while also maintaining a single source for billing and accounting. Their integrated closing disclosure form fits right in with our real estate transaction needs. Prior to LEAP we were forced to use an additional software solution for all of our title and closing services.

Our overall experience has been great. Their continual service and availability has made the transition to LEAP not just tolerable, but enjoyable.

Response from LEAP

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP! It is great to hear that LEAP made billing and accounting easier for your firm. At LEAP we are committed to helping small law firms make more money and are happy that LEAP has been an asset to your firm!

Neha K.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Sinple powerful strong legal practice management solution

Reviewed on 2020/07/06

Excellent legal workflow with power automations

Pros

Management of client from boarding to final billing so easy

Cons

Little complicate to use , also had problem with backup power mechanisms

Response from LEAP Legal Software

Thank you for taking the time to review LEAP. We appreciate your positive feedback. We provide firms with a robust list of features and software is powered by AWS with 99.99% uptime to help firms increase profitability and productivity.