Genesys Cloud

Mobile optimized cloud call center with multichannel routing

Matthew C.

99% Sunny and Hot with the odd occasional downpour

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

The overall experience we have had is a great one with a few niggles I would say to describe the downsides. The main experience moving past the building and testing stage into full BAU was another great experience as the support during the early stages was nothing less than exemplary. The issues that abounded with our previous dialler software supplier have now been remedied by our decision to align our business with the Genesys product Purecloud. We are now investing our time and efforts to implement Pureclouds growing functionality to unify our communications Chat, Email, SMS and Social and integrate these with the voice channel to improve the customer journey everytime they wish to communicate with us.

Pros

The ease of use when building the infrastructure to run all the different brands and departments here at Grove & Dean, the stability of the Platform as we are open 24/7 and have only a small team in support of the system. The ease of use, for the agent with the simple yet full featured agent interface and desktop environment. The roll out of new features or improvement of existing ones, the visionary updates from the Genesys senior team and the ability for the users to influence the shape of the platform through the ideas Lab and the fact that they "LISTEN" to the users. Lastly, which is not really a software benefit, the community of users that are sharing their experiences for the greater good for all.

Cons

The support post "LIVE" - Processes too long, lack of knowledge and experience in the first line support team, no immediacy, solutions not always valid and some of the Self Service referral techniques support attempt to use to justify their solutions.

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

8/10 product for now, as this product gets better will easily be a 10/10 product in the future

Reviewed on 2021/01/24

I'm happy to be using this product as it becomes better and will be a very strong product to beat in the future

Pros

It was easy to implement and start up. For my company as we had multiple software for our CRM, Genesys Cloud really made it easy as it is all in one software

Cons

Some areas still need to be developed, such as the reporting and the Workforce Management addon

Murat A.

Genesys Pure Cloud

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

Pros

It is easy to use this product it is like a rock

Cons

Price policies are not flexible and scalable.

Teri P.

PureCloud is easy to navigate and I appreciate that there are continuous improvements being...

Reviewed on 2017/09/12

Ease of connecting all my agents and the ability to easily move agents as needs changed. Adding customers quickly and being able to provide dedicated, specific customer service for their customers. Also, being able to have control of changing messages. In my previous software I was supposed to provide 24 hours notice if I wanted the inclement weather message played because we needed to close - we are in Wisconsin - we don't really decide to just close 24 hours in advance, we wait and see if it is really necessary and then proceed. Having that ability to change with changing/time sensitive situations also extremely helpful.

Pros

Hands down - ease of training new agents and getting them up and running is my number one. Also, I have transitioned from 3 separate systems for Outbound, Email/Chat and IVR and now all of my agents are in 1 system AND can communicate with each other! We have a much more customer-centric experience for our customers with better flow and getting them to the person who can help them the most without asking them to call back a different number. We are also able to house all supporting documents within the software - so we have cleared cubicles (which, let's be honest, are already small to begin with) of training binders, updates, FAQs, scripts and other resources. We were also able to move to USB headsets, further saving monthly land line expenses as well as improving sound quality for both the agents and our customers. Ease of scalability is one of the reasons we went with PureCloud as we were maxing out and having a difficult time going up/down in seats and be agile about it previously easy to add, difficult to remove. I find the Resource Center helpful and I am able to add or change things within PureCloud through the step-by-step directives. I also really like that there are improvements being made daily to PureCloud (weekly release notes) and it shows the proactive stance that Genesys takes with the product and not waiting to make annual overhauls to the product.

Cons

I would have to say my greatest pain point is reporting. Canned reporting within PureCloud is limited and there have been minimal modifications made here. The data is available through the API but without having that resource internally, I rely heavily on running my own data for the operation from contact center stats to generating information for invoicing clients that we provide 3rd party contact center services for. This is a sticking point for me. Additionally, the script writer is a bit cumbersome - improvements are coming on this one, but at this point I don't load a full script, I only screen pop information regarding the account because it is difficult to build and have it make sense for what I need it for. Biggest issue? Everything is plain text so all my bold, colorized, hyperlinked etc. all disabled.

Genesys Review

Reviewed on 2020/01/09

When you compare the other Contact Center social media tools, I'm pretty sure that genesys did well on this. Previous versiyona has some issues and diffuculties while integration you should be a pro. But now they're making the stuff more eaiser which pretty Fast comparing the past.

Pros

Genesys pure cloud side, we generally use social media integration, which is good to have Twitter and facebook to use it.

Cons

Wish that it also have instagram, YouTube, appstore and googleplay integration features as well rather than providing Professional services.

Genesys service & product review

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Its providing and outsourced to the bank which we can rollout new call centre very quickly

Pros:
We moved to a third part for 1-2 line support service ( Kaptec) to provide a good all around support services.

Cons

Pure cloud now does what it was design to do and provide cloud based telephone outsources services to the bank, but I was not resilient for the first year or so,
The service rap was also very poor, with Genesys SDM not flexible in dealing with major incident and provided root cause of these issues back to the customer, If we want any changes customisation to the product everything was a project and prolong delivery timescales with genesys consultants.
The license model for the agents is quite confusing and the license model for the genesis product is expensive and at time hard to understand

Neil C.

Genesys Cloud Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Overall Genesys Cloud solution was a game changer specially during this time of pandemic crisis as we are able to work from home and provide continues support to our customers.

Pros

Features and easy user adaptability, Can use it anywhere and does not need physical hardware, Contact Center features, ie ACD and Reporting.

Cons

Telephony Features are OK but need some improvement if compared to features provided by traditional IPT vendors like Cisco and Avaya.

Lindsay H.

We switched to PureCloud 15 months ago. It has been great for us. We love how reliable it...

Reviewed on 2017/10/20

Pros

We love that it is reliable. We haven't had an outage in our 15 months of usage, which is something we experienced a lot with our previous software. We also like the user interface and the unified desktop.

Cons

The reporting section is what I was disappointed me. Part of that has to do my naivety. I thought reporting was the same in all software and did not pay much attention to the reporting section prior to selecting this. We only use the reports provided and do anything additional with APIs available, since we don't have the personnel or budget for that. We make what is there work, and knowing what I know now, I would still select PureCloud again. If I were doing it again today, I would have a better plan for data and reports and how to meet our unique needs for that. For other industries, I am sure the reports are great.

Mohammed N.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Genesys PureCloud review

Reviewed on 2019/02/03

Maximum utilization of manpower productivity. atomizing the contact center workflow & saving supervision cost.

Pros

The Ultimate Security Control, High Availability, Business Continuity & System Flexibility. such as managing the workgroups & locations for different lines of business & modules using single interface. compatibility with most CRM apps & workforce management systems, live-time system, workgroup & user reporting & forecasting.

Cons

Knowledge base & FAQ does not cover all software features, real time dashboards needs more developments & hotfixes including social media & web chat features (looking forward for the new software upgrade that will fix most of this issues).

Actively enhanced platform

Reviewed on 2018/11/14

Purecloud is a solid platform with limitless functionality. It's great to learn on from an entry level admin standpoint and even better to work on as you continue to learn.

Pros

The platform is actively updated with new features and fixes, this has allowed us to make constant revisions and refinements to our contact centers flows and scripts. As we've learned more about the platform and new features have been released we've found almost limitless possibilities to reduce handle time and increase the customer experience.

Cons

It's difficult to adjust to working on a platform that is largely troubleshot by the team's that developed the platform vs. having physical devices on site that you can troubleshoot on your own. The biggest issue with this is support can be lacking at times and very tedious to work with.

Tashwill C.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

PureCloud Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Pros

PureCloud is a great product, very agile and innovative and love the "almost" cloud based architecture

Cons

The local product support and channel in Africa is lacking......or Genesys have not exposed this to us. Very frustrating having to deal with an offshore direct relationship in EMEA

George Y.
  • Industry: Insurance

Genesys PureCloud rev

Reviewed on 2019/08/04

Pros

Simple out of the box solution that could provide me with many tools while minimizing our operational costs

Cons

Initially it wasn't as advanced as it is now

Luca M.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Felxible and reduce time to market

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Pros

Ability to implement small-medium requests in short time and with low impact on IT dept.
The continuous improvement on the platform is a plus.

Cons

Not sure about the handling of multi nations architectures. In some case is required to have one administrator handling several instances of the software for every single market.

Caitlin S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Easy and simple

Reviewed on 2020/03/27

I love how fully integrated it is, with instant message and phone system being all in one place.

Pros

Purecloud is very easy and straight forward.

Cons

The software is great but occasionally drops calls.

Jack H.

Not a great start

Reviewed on 2019/01/04

Having used the software for 3 months now I am still unhappy with a lot more features than I am happy with. Genesys really need to introduce the 'copy and paste' functionality as this alone makes the software seem behind it's competition.

Pros

- Layout, very nice to look at and relatively user friendly
- Combination of staffing outlook when viewing a timeline
- 'Rollback' feature to reset schedule to a previous date / time

Cons

- Lack of basic functionality such as copy and paste
- Java can be slow to respond
- Little customization available to the user, especially in terms of layout

• Industry: Consumer Goods

self serviced, easy to use SaaS solution for your customer care environment

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

Pros

Flexibility of system, great UX, self managed

Cons

Support could be improved. While PC aims to allow you to run independently, it is sometimes required

Hunter W.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Reliability is non-existent

Reviewed on 2019/03/16

Pros

I like that everything is centralized - calls, chats, emails, quality evaluations, reporting.

Cons

I feel as though the reliability is the worst possible. We have experienced several crashes with this, which has set our team up for failure.

Response from Genesys

Hi Hunter! Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with PureCloud. We will pass this feedback along to your AE and be sure to be in touch as soon as possible. Thanks!

• Industry: Automotive

When It Works, It Works

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Overall, PureCloud works for us, but it could work a lot better!

Pros

PureCloud is easy for our users on the phone, and for our supervisors monitoring calls. Its straightforward interface is a breath of fresh air.

Cons

PureCloud often has outages that interrupt our business. Calls can get stuck, and weird bugs can happen. Also, the feature for looking up previous interactions could use some work for ease of use.

Response from Genesys

Thanks for leaving a review on PureCloud but sorry to hear you're having some difficulties. You wrote the review anonymously so I can't reach out directly to you to discuss further, but we really would like to better understand how we can make a difference. Please do reach out to me directly at [email protected] and I can ensure you are connected with the correct teams. Thanks Lara Booth

Wendy D.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Awesome

Reviewed on 2016/11/04

This new program is easy to use and the customer service is absolutely the best! They have designed a program tailored to our specific needs.

Pros

Cons

Nothing

Stephanie B.
  • Industry: Veterinary
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

VERY FRUSTRATED

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

very poor

Pros

nothing so far since we are unable to set up the product SFDC bridge connector

Cons

we are trying to set up PureCloud to work with the SFDC bridge connector - not able to set this up and not support from Genesys

Tahsin A.

Simple and Powerful Contact Center in Cloud

Reviewed on 2021/02/22

Pros

The best thing is, it is really ready to go software for the contact centres, you can even start to work on day 2 with a simple integrations. As this is a SAAS platform, the updates from Genesys also really important and it seems they are doing this really good.

Cons

It's still a young product, so some features are still being developed.

Adrian B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Excellent all in one product

Reviewed on 2021/03/11

Brilliant product and seamless integration, did not take long to get the product set up and the users onboarded

Pros

Seamless integration, great product and feature rich under continual development - all in one place resouce

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind at present, the Dev environment is a little cumbersome

• Industry: Information Services

It proves its value in pandemic of COVID-19

Reviewed on 2020/04/27

Pros

Cloud based solution with WebRTC client works perfectly when all agents need to work from home.

Cons

Reporting needs to be improved, because it's rigid and hard to customized.

• Industry: Entertainment

A Step Up From Previous Call Center Software, But Prone To Errors

Reviewed on 2020/03/20

While PureCloud has had its frustrating glitches, I find that it works far better and more intuitively than previous call center software. Having access to a number of features all in one place, rather than spread out across multiple programs, truly provides ease of mind.

Pros

PureCloud allows fluid communication either across the call center floor, across town, or even across the state or country. It allows multiple utilities that previous software such as Presence did not allow for, such as callback and voicemail functionality, chat features and built in email clients. It becomes a one-stop shop for a call center looking to offer more outreach for customers. Having the ability to work from home, especially in times of crisis, is crucial and this is what PureCloud does best.

Cons

Prone to outages and glitches, though admittedly some of these could be due to network errors within the company. The email client is less than intuitive, and frequently seems to block out valuable attachments, which are important when working in a tech support role.

Pritam P.

Product Review || Genesys cloud

Reviewed on 2020/05/03

So , as told i like most of the features and functions of different components. Mine overall experience pretty good and i have learnt lot of new things in this platform, so its really helping me to grow in my career in technical front.

Pros

Genesys Purecloud or Cloud is very versatile contact center product for any size of organisation. I like most of the features of this product out o that most is architect part, its really very easy and flexible for any new requirement.

Cons

As such i don't have any point to describe but one thing i am facing now a days after every maintenance window, lots of bugs we have seen, again its takes couple of hours to rectify. I thing we can do better for any maintenance window or update window further.