MPulse Reviews

MPulse

CMMS for maintenance scheduling, tracking, & reporting

4.6/5 (144 reviews)
Leslie D.

Excellent Vendor Relationship Helped Make MPulse Succeed for DISH!

Reviewed on 2016/03/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

One of the best aspects of MPulse is working with their great team. The implementation with our company has been a challenge but the resources on the MPulse side have been indispensable in ensuring our issues were all addressed individually and that a solution was found. They have never acted as though our questions or issues were a burden and they have shown immense flexibility, honesty, and transparency in working with us at every stage. Because of their help, the MPulse software has successfully remained at DISH and we continue to find new ways to use it to benefit our business.

Cons

The built in reporting that MPulse offers has never been useful to our business. We actively export data out of MPulse into a separate data manipulation/reporting software in order to get the information we need out of MPulse. While MPulse does offer customized reports but they would have to be developed at an additional cost.

Mohammad ajmal A.

MPULSE from overall perspective

Reviewed on 2016/06/19

It has been a good software overall. We have managed our assets pretty well using this software. The good side of it is that it is customizable however the bad side of it is that it is not very customizable.

Response from MPulse Maintenance Software

Mohammad, thanks for your review. You should be thrilled to hear that MPulse 8 will be available on September 1, 2016 for existing MPulse customers. This latest version of MPulse is available as a FREE upgrade to IESC and includes a new feature we call Advanced Customization, which includes easy drag-and-drop layout changes, tabbed or vertical page layouts, nested fields, and custom pop-up prompts, among other great features. We'll be reaching out to you soon to tell you more and to talk to you about upgrading to MPulse 8. Soon you'll be seeing much more about MPulse 8's great new features, including Any-Device Adaptive User Interface, Advanced Customization, and much, much more.

6.0/10
Scott C.

We absolutely made the right choice. MPulse is the real deal.

Reviewed on 2015/12/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The customer service we receive from MPulse is second to none. We have a rather small maintenance department at our company, but that small team has a lot to keep track of. I had never used a CMMS system before so I had only a very basic understanding of what I would be doing on a day to day basis. After the first day of our implementation with MPulse our team knew we made the right decision. Our trainer demonstrated how powerful MPulse software is and showed us how to get the best results for our company. We were basically able to take it from there and start creating requests/work orders right away.

Cons

I think there is a great opportunity for MPulse to release an app that works the same way on all smart phones/tablets. There are pros/cons to accessing the full database vs accessing the mobile database on a smart phone. I find that our managers like using the full version on their smart phones, but the performance varies drastically from person to person simply because of the sheer number of different browsers/firmware versions/phone manufacturers. An app that could provide the full functionality of our database across all platforms would be very useful.

Len S.

A very comprehensive and complete CMMS

Reviewed on 2017/06/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

An overall great CMMS. I research several before buying MPulse, and I'm very happy with our choice.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. It was easy to get it set up, customize and move between the different operations. Loading the employee information was quick and easy.

Cons

The initial training didn't really cover the pertinent information as it relates to our business. I would suggest they customize the training to the user's specific needs.

Jason M.

Fletcher Academy INC

Reviewed on 2015/06/25
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Ability to tailor it to the needs of your business modify wording and change it to your preferences.

Cons

Unavoidable issues with web based programs - not a Mpulse problem just the fact that data having to travel over the country to servers there are multiple places and ways things can get slowed down. Hosted at your site gets rid of these problems but then makes your company responsible for a lot more headaches. We are not just a school we have businesses that support our school: Health food store, bakery, retirement center, Fitness center, Rental units commercial and residential, grounds and maintenance. We are able to track hours and create a history of what was done at all places in our campus.

Jeff H.

Mpulse

Reviewed on 2018/09/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

We really like this program. It has many features that we take advantage of. It is our companies primary ticket management software and it is used to manage all of our inventory and maintenance tracking.

Cons

The only problem we encountered was a very unique billing issue specific to our company but the tech support was very helpful and assisted us in coming up with a creative solution.

Martin L.

Very versatile and complete, but slow and buggy

Reviewed on 2018/11/28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

If you only fill a few tickets par day, this software is very versatile and will probably fill your needs. If your plant is a high pace environment with several technicians working at the same time and filling over a couple hundred of tickets per day, look somewhere else.

Pros

Very versatile and complete. It will probably have every option you may need. Lots of options for personnel, assets, Preventative Maintenance, etc, as well as some easy ways of exporting data to further analyze for instance in Excel.

Cons

Some procedures of the user interface are not intuitive, you have to learn them. For instance, you would expect that double-clicking on a link would open the element selected, but no, you have to click once and then press an arrow near the top of the screen to "slide" the list and uncover the details.
It is slow at times. A ticket that may take 5 minutes to resolve, can take an additional 3 minutes to fill in the information, with screen navigation being slow.
It is buggy. Some bugs seemed to be cleared, only to come back in a later revision. For instance, you may be filling in information in a ticket, then the browser refreshes by itself and all of a sudden you find yourself filling a different ticket. Or you get kicked out to a different screen and the ticket you've been working on just disappears and there is no way to find it again.

5.0/10
Don R.

Reviewed on 2013/06/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The Town of Friday Harbor has been using MPulse Maintenance software for our wastewater treatment facility for a decade now. In the past we tried utilizing simple calendar (outlook type) based software, and a step up from that with a couple of other companies. Implementation of the programs were never successful, as we struggled to get any support or training for the products we purchased. When we began using Mpulse software that all changed. Not only was the software user friendly, but the training, implementation, and continual customer support allowed us to finally utilize maintenance software for our intended needs. One of the most important of those needs is the requirement by the State Department of Ecology to file completed maintenance reports for the facility.

When technology took a leap to web based forms of database management, Mpulse was quickly on par with new standards and released a major upgrade to their software to the new platform. I figured we would no longer be utilizing their product with concerns of functionality and overall change in ease of use. They quickly put that concern to rest as they hosted several web based training seminars, and were very pro-active in direct communication with us during the transition to their new software.

I cannot say enough positive about Mpulse to reflect my appreciation of their commitment to their product quality and support of their customers. We will continue to utilize their product for the foreseeable future.

Greg H.

Great Maintenance tool

Reviewed on 2016/04/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The company staff are extremely well versed in their product and can show you how to leverage the software to do what you need the software to do.

Cons

I prefer a user manual I can actually read away from the system. The integrated help tool will usually walk you through a lot of things, but sometimes I prefer to touch a book and read on a product without the computer in the neighborhood.

Whitney W.

Best maintenance software i have ever used

Reviewed on 2017/02/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Mpulse is easy to use and quick to learn it has all applications we need for work orders and keeping track of our facility up keep it has allowed us to cut down on down time and schedule our workers more efficiently

Christina W.

Covering Maintenance Needs

Reviewed on 2009/07/06

I give this program at least a 9.5 and up. the reason behind such a high recommendation is because of employees, training and overall program orgainization. I am able to open many pages and still go back to "home" at any given time. If i should need some quick help or a tuitorial i can even go online and watch step by step guides that take me through. This is why i believe it deserves a high recommendation.

Pros

Is a great course/program all over, MPulse takes many different ideas and combines them. Not only is the program great to get to learn and set up, the people who offer guidance and assistance seem to love their jobs which makes me feel good about asking questions about things i may not know. All over this course and program have been a great experience for me, i am still learning. Although something about entering hundreds of peices of equipment into a system sounds teideous to me, once it is their it goes no where and everyone else can find it. If i am away for the day it is easy for someone else to get on and get emergency work orders, and the employees love it because they can follow up on the ones they have already submitted.

Cons

I will get back to you :)

Ronald D.

BMT- Mpulse Review

Reviewed on 2016/04/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the work order system, and how it flows through the entire system. Our employees that need to utilize the software to generate a work order like it mush better than our old email process. It is easy to use, and has a lot of good snapshot graphical reports. I like the tracking of Preventative maintenance, and all of our building equipment.

Cons

We have a lot of buildings, and some of the graphical reports get squeezed when showing values on repair and maintenance, and are not easy to read.

Mike P.

CBC/CTS Machine & Facilities CMMS

Reviewed on 2015/06/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Private Customer and Government organizations recognize Mpulse and accept the performance during all of the audits a Blood/Tissue bank is required. We use it at multiple locations over the United States.

Cons

The web-based system speed is not as fast as I would like to have or as fast as a computer based system. We must have web based.

Paul F.

MPulse Software

Reviewed on 2016/04/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's rare that I call with a question and can't either get help on the line immediately or within a few hours. Better yet: The persons with whom I speak are always pleasant and willing to take whatever time is needed to help us with our questions.

Cons

Will close suddenly from time to time - not certain is this could be an connectivity problem but it doesn't seem that way.

Jerry D.

Preventive Maintenance

Reviewed on 2011/03/31

It is a must for a maintenance shop. Let the program do the tracking and recording of maintenance records. The Work Order System in the program is outstanding!

Pros

This program has been a money saver for this organization. Why? I use this program to schedule all of my preventive maintenance accomplished by my crew. It captures all of my vehicles, log handling machines, boats, emergency generators, lighting, fire extinguisher inspections, HVAC filters, alarm checks, roof gutter cleanings, pier inspections, and enviromental checks, among many routine recurring maintenance items. As a result, we have had less breakdowns and repairs. The age of the rolling stock (more than 30-40 year old requires regular maintenance. By using MPulse software to generate work orders, nothing is left out of the maintenance loop. This program is very easy to use and takes about an hour each week to generate next week's work orders. This is idea for me, as I am the only person, other than the maintenance workers, in the office,.

Cons

None. Program is easy to use.

Steve C.

This software has been so easy to lean and impliment. The support adn

Reviewed on 2016/04/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Besides the ease of working with the software, the initial training and support as well as the "Tips and Tricks" monthly webinars have proven invaluable to help me learn and use best practices in making a smooth transition for my staff both in inputing and responding to work orders.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like it that the program kicks me out every once in a while.

Paul A.

Suprisingly well built for easy use.

Reviewed on 2015/01/02
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The spreadsheet to input all you're items into the system was self explanatory. I have a busy schedule and not much time to do much else. But with the ease of the program, I was able to call software help and in minutes I was able to begin using the program. Technical support is a huge plus. I was very pleased that I didn't have to wait on hold. Once in the program, deadlines for equipment repairs become easy to know when they need to be completed. The program tells you when scheduled maintenance needs to be performed. It will generate work orders for you. The time and money this program will save you is unmatched.

Cons

This product is not for the computer illiterate. But they do offer webinars and training classes for this product. I recommend using this to your advantage.

Shannon W.

Mpulse v6

Reviewed on 2011/03/24

I would purchase Mpulse hands down. The support service is quick and thorough. The training is great and the system itself can't be beat.

Pros

Once you figure out the tracking system and the best way to do it, it is awesome. I can find anything I need in a few clicks of a button. I discovered if you have keywords in every description, that also helps narrow things down. The history it keeps is so crucial in our line of work. The most important thing to remember is the system is only as good as the information put into it. Keep lots of notes in the comment section.

I also love the recurring work orders. Huge time saver!! We have monthly, quarterly, and yearly inspections required. Once the scheduled maintenance is created, it will automatically pop up in the time frame designated. It makes my job so much easier.

Cons

The reports are difficult. That could very well be user error. There are so many options that it is difficult to figure out what fields i need to get the information i am looking for.

Don R.

Mpulse has been one of the most useful software tools we have purchased over the past decade.

Reviewed on 2015/10/26

The Town of Friday Harbor has been using Mpulse maintenance software for over a decade. Prior to Mpulse we tried using software from as simple as calendar (outlook type) reminder software to a couple other companies claiming user friendly, reliable software packages. We failed to fully implement those programs mostly due to lack of software support or training from the companies. When we switched to Mpulse, we received excellent implantation and training support, and have been successfully utilizing this powerful tool for maintenance scheduling, tracking, and state required reporting ever since.

As technology has changed over the past decade, Mpulse has been able to adapt and offer relevant products that keep up with the ever transforming world of computer based information management, and reporting. When they made the leap to a web browser based CMMS software package, they continued to support their older version users as well as committing to an intense webinar training program to support their customers making the transition to their new platform with greater functionality.
Mpulse continues to meet our maintenance tracking needs with excellent customer support and training.

Caleb C.

MPulse has worked very well for us.

Reviewed on 2015/10/14

MPulse has allowed us to track hundreds of assets of multiple types and accurately schedule maintenance for those assets. Before MPulse our preventive maintenance simple didn't get done. Our spare parts inventory tracking was in the stone age. We were never sure what parts we had or where to find them. No we're able track inventory and we've always got necessary spare parts on hand. We're keeping accurate demand maintenance records that are later used to generate predictive maintenance and reduce downtime. MPulse is the software that we chose to help get our house in order and it has proven to be a very good decision. This software offers the best balance of features vs price. The customer service/tech support is also very good. I uncovered a couple of small bugs early in our implementation process that were quickly resolved by the MPulse tech team.

My advice to those shopping for a CMMS: Do your homework. They're not all the same. You can purchase much cheaper software but you're not likely to be happy with it. MPulse offers a solid value for the price. It can be easily customized to your specific requirements and MPulse believes in service after the sale.

Larry B.

Adair County Ambulance District

Reviewed on 2016/06/17

Overall the product has delivered what was advertised. Since implementation a few years back we have added the inventory module as well. Initially, like most software, there was a learning curve, but once we learned how to use the software effectively we could not be more please with what we are getting out of it.

Pros

Work Order Management and the reporting capabilities

Cons

Not the absolute most user friendly system, but once you learn how to use it, it delivers results

Sam W.

Mpulse AAPI Portland

Reviewed on 2015/06/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like being able to change the screen layout to fit the needs of my company. I have looked at several maintenance software programs that do not allow you to change anything you just have to use it the way it comes.

Cons

Our company uses the cloud version so that our other facilities around the United States and Canada can you the same software package. sometimes the software runs a little slow but I am not sure really if it is the software or an internet problem.

Christine M.

Useful tool for managing maintenance of facilities

Reviewed on 2018/04/11
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

MPulse is crucial for managing maintenance in our building.

Pros

Scheduled maintenance. It is an easy and efficient way to keep track of all the scheduled maintenance. Also, work orders reports.

Cons

In MPulse 8, you have to sign up for digital cloud service to review your media. Sometimes, it is difficult to access the media.

Jessica R.

I use this product to submit maintenance work order tickets

Reviewed on 2015/04/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The vendor is easy to get a hold of and is friendly and helpful. The product is easy to use and allows a simple and effective way of entering facilities requests placed by our customers.

Cons

I have no complaints about the vendor or product. The product functions for our company and for all intent and purposes provides a good platform to do what we need to do with it.

Linda P.

Mpulse in a nut shell....great product & friendly helpful staff

Reviewed on 2015/05/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Friendliness of people at Mpulse and functionality

Cons

Wish they were closer so that I could attend some conferences. I try to attend the on line but at times (one person office) I can't get away or have to leave before it is finished.