Jackrabbit Dance Reviews

Jackrabbit Dance

Online dance studio management software

For studio owners/staff, you need it. NEED.

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Pros

Jackrabbit is really the first and only thing you need to run a dance studio. I cannot say enough what a boon it was to the industry when it first came on the scene. It's amazing, it does EVERYTHING you could possibly need it to do, the company is incredibly supportive and holds continuing education to get the most out of it, and it's highly cost effective given the range of functionality. You don't need anything else if you have it, which is amazing--especially for an industry that is often miles behind others when it comes to technology.

Cons

Nothing. Seriously. Anything wrong with it would just be nitpicking, and given what I wrote about its positive side, it's simply not worth nitpicking such a vital and amazing product with such a great team attached to it.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

We appreciate your positive comments and we're thrilled that you are having great success with Jackrabbit. Our ears are always up for ways that we can continue to improve our software. We hope your experience with Jackrabbit continues to help your business thrive!

christa

Love Jackrabbit

Reviewed on 2024/03/12

Pros

I love the ease of use. I am also happy with the quick help I get when we need it.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to know where to look.

Amy

Jackrabbit review

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Stressful. I have not gotten a full understanding of the program. I implemented it this year and each time I look at it, I tend do use the same features that I have figured out for sure. I am still unsure if certain things went through or if I did things correctly. Many things did not flow easily as the coach explained. I would not be able to do any of it without the coaching. I appreciate that it is easy for most of my families. It is just stressful for me.

Pros

It integrates well with websites another systems. It tries to address many dance world features for large dance studios/businesses.

Cons

There are so many things/drop downs/sections to click on to make one basic thing happen. It is overwhelming to use due to the variety and numerous details that are always on the screen. Some steps take 2-3 steps to accomplish. The overall look is congested with many reports, graphs, statistics and numbers that are visual all the time. It is overwhelming with so much information or steps to take to use the program. Navigating through it take help from their coaching no matter what. For artistic individuals, it is over the top business arranged with statistics and listings.

The Studio Director

Reasons for Switching to Jackrabbit Dance

Pricing. The Studio Director charges to use their bank draft/credit card processing companies, plus the fees the company charges, plus the fees for the program. During this pandemic time, money is important and finding ways to keep the studio open and running for others is priority. This program was out of necessity at this time. I hope it ends up being a helpful tool.
Miranda
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Good admin to teacher integration

Reviewed on 2024/03/25

Overall the software is great and has been a major upgrade from our prior one.

Overall the software is great and has been a major upgrade from our prior one.

Pros

I love the way you can take attendance in Jackrabbit. The "all present" function is amazing! It's also really helpful that other front desk administrators can go in and edit attendance, and add drop-ins, make-ups, or absences.

Cons

It can be hard to search classes on the executive dashboard as the keyword search function is picky. This has made it harder with much scrolling to find specific class at my studio.

Natalie
  • Industry: Performing Arts

A great software that continues to improve!

Reviewed on 2024/03/12

I inherited a setup that was not done well, but with the help of tech support, we have finally figured out how to use Jackrabbit to best suit our business! I've been very impressed at how much the company listens to its customers and gives them what they ask for!

Pros

JackRabbit does all of the base line functions we need it to for our ballet school. As they are always adding new features and developing high demand functions, we will never go to another system. Jackrabbit is a great company that knows its customers very well and listens to them!

Cons

Outstanding customer service!! The fact that live chat is available 24/7 immediately is the best I've ever seen.

Sean

Thinking about getting JR for your business? DO IT

Reviewed on 2024/03/12

Pros

Honestly, JR is the perfect solution for our studio. We truly would not be able to do what we do without the features that it offers. From class management, staff managements, and billing the families, it's a great all in one solution to run the studio. Beyond offering a great product, they have some of the best customer service I've experienced in ANY industry. If you have any issues or questions, you'll get a response within a day (and a lot of times you get one the SAME day!)

Cons

There's a lot to the software. Because JR offers so many options and features, it can be overwhelming to try and find something, which makes it harder to get the work done.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Hi Sean! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so happy you choose to work with us!

Kelly

This is the one

Reviewed on 2024/03/25

It’s been fantastic. I’ve tried a lot of different products and by far JR was the easiest to use and set up. I’ve recommend it over and over again.

Pros

It’s easy to use and set up is a breeze.

Cons

It’s a bit expensive and you can’t archive students only families so if you have 5 registered in a family but only one is active, you’re potentially paying for the non active registrants.

Holly

Must have for Studio Owners

Reviewed on 2024/03/18

Excellent no complaints if I ever need help, I set up an appointment and they have always walked me right through the issue and explained it throughly!

Pros

Everything I need in one software program, many partnering business that integrate software programs!

Cons

I’m waiting on an update for the store that will allow for one item to be entered with a sub option of multiple sizes. Square does this.

Ken

Use JackRabbit

Reviewed on 2024/03/21

It was wonderful- quite nervous at first wanting to make sure it meshed with current accounting .. and it went better than planned.

Pros

Their customer support is world class. No kidding!!

Cons

Credit card charges- this is a huge tax on small businesses- not really a JR deal but it prevented me from using it sooner.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Hi Ken! Thank you for leaving us this review and giving your feedback. We recently released a Surcharges feature that can assist in alleviating credit card charges for you. Please feel free to reach out to our team if you are interested in learning more!

Wendy
  • Industry: Fine Art

Nice, but hard to set up

Reviewed on 2024/03/18

It has been great, just hard for me to change to this since it is so different and I feel like I don't know what I'm doing to set it up again.

Pros

I like how I can take roll, and see who is in classes. I like how easy they can register.

Cons

I am petrified to try to get my summer schedule up and going. I don't really remember how I did everything and am hoping I can get that done right. Are they able to choose from Fall and Summer, or do I need to delete summer?

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Hi Wendy! Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Please feel free to reach out to our Support Team for help with setting up your summer schedule.

Kate
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Affordable, versatile, easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

We continue to be happy with the affordability, integration into our website, and ease of use for students, teachers, and administrators.

Pros

This software was so much more intuitive, well integrated, and affordable than the studio management software we were using previously (MindBody). Easy to integrate web registration and class schedules into our website. Easy to create discount rules, enroll students, schedule make-up classes, and track student skills. The student portal is user-friendly. Our students never checked their accounts online with our previous software, and now they use their student accounts all the time. Jackrabbit also responded quickly to the pandemic, creating tools for sharing online class links and videos efficiently and securely with registered students.

Cons

We don't like the look of the mobile-friendly class schedule integration. Class schedules look great in desktop mode, but very clunky on our website in mobile mode. We'd also like them to change the name of the Parent Portal to Student Portal, or something else that is more friendly to adult students.

Rachel

Lisa's Dance Connection

Reviewed on 2022/03/16

I learn the most with the live chat agents. I'm thankful for that feature. We have something odd happening every once and a while where "JTech" posts things and I cannot track which employee actually posted a charge or did something in the portal. I spoke with a live agent and she didn't understand why that was happening either.

Pros

After using DanceManager on a desktop without cloud capabilities since the 1990s, Jackrabbit is a breath of fresh air.

Cons

I want portal messages from customers as a notification or a tab on my executive dashboard. It is annoying to go to the sent emails in reports every day to check. (I know we receive emails but my email address sends all Jackrabbit automatic emails to spam because it would overwhelm my inbox.)

We also were frustrated in the beginning because we bought a card reader through SafeSave and it was not Mac compatible and we are stuck with it. We are using our Chase credit card processor for in person purchases, SafeSave for online purchases (or in-person requesting to use card on file), and Square when at performances/competitions. We desperately need something to read cards and update the customer's account simultaneously. (Rather than us charging the card and entering that they paid)

SportsEngine Motion, DanceStudio-Pro and Akada

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

We needed a cloud-based software with POS capabilities. (Our statements from Dance Manager would not put the date over 1999 - that is how old our system was!)

Dance Manager

Reasons for Switching to Jackrabbit Dance

We had studio owner friends would recommended Jackrabbit and we liked talking to you at trade shows.
Brianne

A True Asset for Management

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Contacting families, monitoring balances, keeping track of measurements and costuming... All of that has been a breeze with Jackrabbit Dance.

Pros

I love that, even though it takes a little practice, it's simple to get used to and becomes easy to understand quickly. Its features are concise and accessible, making managing our data so much easier than anything else we've used.

Cons

As I said, it does take some effort to learn, although once learned it's very easy to navigate. I'm sure that anything I personally find unclear is only because we haven't yet discovered how to use those features, and will easily be resolved because of how accessible the information becomes when you take the time to explore the program.

Heather-Ami

Always Coming Back

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

Very good. Have been using with multiple studios for the last 5 years.

Very good. Have been using with multiple studios for the last 5 years.

Pros

Simple, straight forward, easy to export to excel.

Cons

Price is quite high. There are sometimes TOO many features, that it is hard to know where to look for something.

Graille
  • Industry: Entertainment

Jackrabbit Dance Review

Reviewed on 2022/03/12

I prefer this software over others. Easy to learn, easy to use; staff and parents happy with both sides of system.

Pros

All of the reports help with making our business run smoother. Client management is streamlined. Parent Portal is easily accessible.

Cons

I don't have anything that I like the least. It would be nice to mass archive and mass enroll students. Costume section needs improvement in order to actually place orders (if that's what the goal is).

Holly

Best Decision We Could Have Made!

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

We made the switch to Jackrabbit in May of 2020. I use this product both from the office/business side
and the parent side and I am thoroughly enjoying working with both sides!

From the business side, it was very easy to set up and Jackrabbit walked me through and always answered my questions. Their customer service team is top notch! The software functionality is amazing!

From the parent side, it’s very user friendly! We just had our rec level registration yesterday and it could not have been any easier for the parents! In fact, one emailed me to say “I just wanted to let you know this is the fourth studio we’ve been to and your sign up process was by far the best!!” That alone speaks volumes!

I also love how parents can store up to 3 cards on file for payment.

This software is far LESS than what we were paying before and it is light years ahead!

Pros

We are a larger studio and Jackrabbit helps save me time In many ways! One example, When parents have a failed payment, they receive an email automatically letting them know. I have noticed great success with parents logging in to update expired cards AND make payment without me calling them!

I can also view A/R at a quick glance from my dashboard, and click to see who has balances, AND email them in mass. Time saver!

If I post a fee with an incorrect amount I can easily edit the transaction instead of deleting it and starting over.

I can apply credits to transactions in mass which saves me at least an hour/month!

During registration, there is a dashboard that shows me everything coming in so I can easily keep tabs on the process, review registrations, etc.

The Parent Portal is mobile friendly so parents can easily do things on the go! It’s very easy to navigate!

Taking attendance appears to be quick and painless in the Staff Portal, though we have not gotten to use that yet as classes have not started. We also utilize the time card feature which got us away from paper.

We utilize the store for front desk purchases and that has been saving incredible time and paper as well.

Customer service team could NOT be any better! There is also an extensive help section where I can locate answers.

Cons

They are continually making improvements! One thing I would like to see is tuition payments processing automatically. (It is coming soon.) That is the single item our old system had over Jackrabbit. But there are so many other advantages to Jackrabbit and it’s very fast to process payments so not a huge deal.

Their are so many reports it’s been a learning curve to figure out my favorites. On the flip side - there is literally a report for anything!

Wendy
  • Industry: Fine Art

Jackrabbit Dance is imperative in running my studio

Reviewed on 2022/12/19

We have benefitted immensely by using Jackrabbit over the past several years. From online registration and payments to the staff and parent portals, they have really allowed us to serve our clients better while dramatically reducing the workload for our staff.

Pros

Online registration and payment collection is the reason we started using Jackrabbit originally. This continues to be the number one asset of the Jackrabbit software in our business. We have grown to use and rely on the staff portal for tracking staff hours which has been very useful. We started using Jackrabbit for attendance during COVID and have continued to do so to track attendance for illnesses and makeup classes, which again has been great.

Cons

A change that really needs to be made is the ability to send individual dancers to the lead file and leave their younger sibling(s) active. Jackrabbit fees are base on active students, but students that quit or graduate are still counted as active if they have a sibling still dancing. This is totally unfair and hasn't been addressed in all the year's I have used the syllabus. I also don't like the fact that their is no way to split the billing of fees to two parents. The software needs to reflect the changes that we have in society with multiple families and parents that need to split the costs of dancers. Last, the recital component could use an update for more detail and better reporting.

Autumn
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Very satisfied with Jackrabbit!

Reviewed on 2023/06/19

I'm very satisfied with Jackrabbit itself and with its helpful team! I would recommend it to others!

Pros

Online registration, online payments and invoicing, the POS system, the extensive reports available to run, and the revenue chart comparisons. I have to say these are my favorite features. They made running my studio so easy. I was able to see at a glance everything that was happening internally, from the financial aspect to how my classes were being filled and who was behind or ahead on tuition.

Cons

Perhaps this is just me, but I feel the layout of Jackrabbit's many different features could be improved somewhat. The font (a little on the small size) and drop-downs- especially when there are many drop downs and options to choose from, such as when customizing a report- can be confusing and cause a bit of a headache. I think that some slight design changes to their appearance will be a little easier on the eyes. I understand Jackrabbit is very functional in appearance, which is fine, no need for a whole aesthetic overhaul, but sometimes the layout is a little confusing.I also found that most of my dance parents (and me too for the first year of using Jackrabbit) got confused by their statements. Perhaps a change in the statement format to more clearly differentiate what was and paid, what they owe.

Katelyn

JackRabbit is easy to use and assists immensely in organizing classes and students each season.

Reviewed on 2017/07/04

Mass emailing to our families save us time and creating email lists. Also, being able to register dancers quickly and easily is great for saving time.

Pros

We like the ease of adding students to classes as well as dropping and transferring to other classes throughout the season. Being able to email on mass is also great but we also love being able to select specifics about a group before emailing. Class creation is easy, but still detailed, and the posting of fees is simple enough. I love the Dashboard! It gives a great snapshot of the business. The email schedule feature is also fabulous.

Cons

The cost to process families credit cards through the software is outrageous! Our fees have been so high that we have been forced to stop using this feature for some of our families. Also, reports are hard to work with and from time to time fees do not post to family's accounts when they register online. It would be great to have an "add fees" button similar to the class details where we could put in a monthly fee once and then post it for multiple months by clicking one button.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Thank you for your review! We're thrilled that there are so many things that you love about Jackrabbit. If you work with a Jackrabbit-preferred credit card processor you have access to their meet or beat pricing promise so please reach out to them. We also base improvements on your ideas so please submit ideas through the button in your software so that we have a clear understanding of how you'd like to see Jackrabbit continue to enhance the software.

Vivian

We love Jackrabbit!

Reviewed on 2022/03/22

Our collections improved immensely once we started using Jackrabbit. This is probably the most important value for our company. The other features (billing/invoicing, online registration, connection to the website, staff hours, etc.) have also contributed to streamlining our day to day operations.

Pros

We have 2 studio locations, with some customers who attend class at both locations. Jackrabbit allows our staff at either location to look up and handle transactions for any customer. We love how easy customers can enroll in classes and make their payments from their family portal. We love the "Batch" system, in which we are able to process multiple transactions each month. Jackrabbit data feeds into our website, which is another way to attract new customers. And, we absolutely depend on the RECITAL feature to help us prepare our show order and avoid so many "quick changes" - this has helped our shows run so smoothly over the years!

Cons

There are a few small small things that we discover from time to time that would be helpful....and so we love the ability to send in an "IDEA" to customer service, and to see if other studios have submit a similar idea. It's especially rewarding when Jackrabbit incorporates these ideas, which is very often. Jackrabbit is always evolving and improving....and we apprecitate it so much.

Rose
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Best for group class programs

Reviewed on 2022/03/11

For my responsibilities, general admin stuff and costume management, Jackrabbit has been fine. I think the interface could probably be a little more user friendly, but overall I think it's a great option for studios.

Pros

Jackrabbit makes managing classes pretty easy. Enrolling/withdrawing students, setting class parameters and pre-requisites, and there is like an endless amount of reports that you can pull to get basically any data set you could need.

Cons

The costume management features could definitely be improved. Editing costume pieces doesn't always update properly across all the students it's assigned to when you save, it's difficult to find a naming convention that works for orders because of limitations, and it would be really helpful to have an outseam measurement field. Student lists also aren't automatically alphabetized which ends up requiring extra steps of exporting reports into excel to resort data. For a small to medium size studio these things probably wouldn't be that big of a deal, but as a very large studio ordering 2000+ costume pieces these things can add a lot of extra work. Overall the costume management isn't awful, but for a software that is EXTREMELY customizable in like every other way, I wish it had more to offer in this aspect.

Susan

A single tool to manage student database, emails, and tuition transactions is a huge time...

Reviewed on 2018/02/23

Time savings, better record keeping, better tuition collection.

Time savings, better record keeping, better tuition collection.

Pros

Easy to manage students and families. The waivers and online forms are great. We love being able to reconcile tuition transactions and send emails using the same tool as managing student contacts. In the past, we had separate databases for each purpose.

Cons

--Taking attendance is cumbersome, instructors can't see all of their classes. This is a big struggle for our open classes where some students pay online and some in person and we need to reconcile payments with who actually showed up. Right now we are still doing this with a paper sign-in sheet since we can't get Jackrabbit attendance to work.
--Managing partial payments is difficult. Half of our students pay monthly and each amount is custom due to scholarships or other adjustments. It would good to have a family field for number of payments, and then the ability to have the statement show the next payment amount that is due. It is very time consuming for us to calculate each families payment by hand and send individual notices.
--Difficult to reconcile reports due to the filters. The paid fees report is good but its almost impossible t run a transaction report that give the same value.
-- It would be great if event registration had an option for groups instead of families. We often have schools or community groups register for our events.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We would like to work with you to help you benefit from all of our features and we're always available to do so. We would love to help you fix some of these issues through a Checkup call, which can be scheduled through this link: https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=13122060&appointmentType=3253323

Ashleigh
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Jackrabbit is overall really great

Reviewed on 2022/12/14

Paying online is a big one and also being able to send out text and emails to a specific class or the whole studio is great. I love that support is always there to help and never makes me feel stupid, I love the individualized videos they can send to help you with your questions. Another reason we do not use the attendance we because of the way you can only see certain things. I would love an app that is the same as what I see online instead of having to use safari.

Pros

I love that parents can register and make payments online and it is easy. I love that we can schedule to send emails out at a later date (sometimes I wish it would schedule further than 90 days.) It is easy to use, when I have to train someone new it is easy to teach them. The team of support is great and always so helpful.

Cons

I wish you could set text for future like you can emails. I wish the email for future could be longer than 90 days. To be able to have more than one billing contact (we have a lot of split families and both would like to get the statements and still have their separate contact information and not both emails under one name)

Barbara

A gym owner' s greatest asset

Reviewed on 2017/03/23

I am a co-owner of a small cheer/Dance/gymnastics gym 150-190 students depending on season. I am mostly the business side of the gym. I have a business/accounting degree. Before Jackrabbit we were keeping track of our payments on a gymnastics specific software(extremely old) program. This was not an online system and could only be accessed from my desktop computer. We took credit card payments thru QuickBooks. It was extremely time consuming to transfer information, payments and to invoice via mail.
I researched both I class pro and jackrabbit extensively. I found that Iclass pro purchased the company that created the software I had been using. For our company Jackrabbit was the best fit.
I was a little apprehensive about getting started but working with the support staff made the transition much easier. I attended a class after about 6 months of using it and that helped me to utilize even more of the facets of this great software. I got ideas from other users that I could take back and use.
When we first announced that our clientele could pay on line the response was mixed. I knew it would be easier for me but had hoped this would be a valuable tool for families as well. We are starting in our third year and most cheer families are totally invested while 50 % of the gymnastics side still pay by check or cash. We do not force them to the online pay as we want them to be comfortable about the process. We are located in a rural area and there are several families that do not have internet.
A few of my favorite features are on line statement and email capability. We have 3 separate components to our gym so it makes it easy to contact one without contacting the others.
I do not invoice a family unless they are late. With Jackrabbit I have had to send very few invoices as our outstanding accounts receivables have gone way down. Our cheer side ( they have 2 accounts each) was generally my problem group. Since we've gone to online pay capability our receivables have become very manageable. 98% of my cheer families pay on line which helps tremendously.
We have just finished our cheer season and out of 68 cheerleaders only one family has an outstanding balance. Best cheer season in the 20 years.
If you are looking for a product to make life easier and your business more productive and manageable this product is it.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Hi - Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. It's obvious from your comments that you're getting some of the best benefits possible from using Jackrabbit. We try every day to make sure our software gets better and better so it helps you even more!

Tara

Jackrabbit Dance

Reviewed on 2022/03/15

Jackrabbit is part of my daily life now and I love it! It has made a massive difference to the organisagtion of my dance school! Enrolling new families, invoicing, emailing , it is all so much easier with Jackrabbit! Thankyou!

Pros

The ease of enrolling, invoicing and emailing, along with student and family information, I use these features all the time!

Cons

I have had trouble with the payment system over the years. I believe this lies with the banks itself, there are certain banks that the payment always comes back as rejected. This part has been super frustrating for me.

Also the way you enter the bank details on the registration form is quite different to what we are used to in NZ so there is always a lot of explanation or help needed for new families to be set up correctly.

I also have had complaints about the money taking so long long to come out. This can cause a few problems for some families leading to rejected reports.