The Studio Director Reviews

The Studio Director

Dance and gymnastics studio management and administration

Christina
  • Industry: Performing Arts

The customer service with The Studio Director is outstanding!

Reviewed on 2017/07/24

Pros

I love the ease of use. I am NOT computer savvy at all, and it is easy for even someone like me to use!

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like yet! I guess if I could add anything, would be the option to make my own class category icons, something that looks more like my marketing material for various class types. I am looking forward to getting the app soon!

John

From an owner's standpoint, this is the cream of the crop.

Reviewed on 2017/12/29

It was the key to our growth from 1,200 to 4,500 +/-.

It was the key to our growth from 1,200 to 4,500 +/-.

Pros

Very fast. Accessible by customers on PC or phone via app. Super search capability. Full accounting capability -- can support GAAP, tax, and custom reporting. Fits with QuickBooks. Support extremely responsive and new features appear every two or three months. Has many features competing programs don't have including elaborate skill tracking, inventory and event support. Price capped even with thousands of students in the system. Usage is highly customizable to speed registration work. Exhaustive standard reporting plus support can create custom reports. Most information can be exported to Excel. Can integrate with your web site, too, to show what's available. Useful for every member of the company and customers.

Cons

Can't consolidate accounts over several sites, so customers can end up enrolled in two or three places. Not as cheap as entry-level systems; this is the high end product for knowledgeable users. Doesn't allow API access to your data for customer reporting.

Ada

Good software, but awkward/not straight forward formatting

Reviewed on 2017/11/09

Pros

It has features that many softwares dont have, like organizing shows and events, but those features are hard to use, so even though they are there, our club makes our own spreadsheets. Costumer support is great and fast, but its tedious to call in with every question, so mostly we skip over things we dont understand.

Cons

awkward formatting, some features are not easy to use, or figure out. For example, I would love to be able to use the attendance sheets for each child. It would be awesome to be able to click on a child, and then see a LIST of classes they have missed, rather than have to scroll through each month. Then, would be great if we could click on that missed class, and say "schedule a makeup class for this missed class." It is not easy or straight forward to see which missed classes have been made up.

Becca

I really like most of what Studio Director offers!

Reviewed on 2017/06/29

Pros

I like that improvements are made regularly and that functions keep improving. I get quick email responses from the customer support team.

Cons

The cost is the biggest hang up for me. It's difficult for a small non-profit to keep up with rising costs without losing data (by deleting students.) Many of my parents have a difficult time using SD from a mobile device and I get complaints about that regularly. I would love for SD to integrate with MailChimp. When we use the templates for newsletters, if we take a break and come back to it, the system kicks us out and we have to start all over, would love for that to be auto saved or a setting that allows more time (if my admin is waiting for an answer from me.) I'd love to preschedule emails to go out at a later date as well as the ability to schedule credits to be used at a later date. A more efficient way to schedule private lessons through the software. An easy way to add teachers to emails that are sent out. Customizable evaluations for the teachers to fill out and email to students.

Melanie

Love Studio Director software

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

After testing a few softwares we decided on SD since it was the easiest to use and understand. They have incredible customer service. Probably one of the best customer service departments I've ever dealt with. They are always updating the software with new options and features. I would and do continue to highly recommend Studio Director.

Pros

Customer service

Cons

Can sometimes be difficult for the user (dance parent) to understand and navigate.

Vanessa

Tisdale Dance Centre

Reviewed on 2016/09/30

We love it! And your support is always amazing! This program definetely makes our studio run well and efficiently! We definetely try to use as many features as we can and as my second year using the program I am getting more comfortable using it and hope to put forth using some more features in the future

Pros

It helps organize and run our studio

Cons

Some of the financial reports aren't accurate

Myken

Studio Director has made registration & bookkeeping so easy and the customer support is...

Reviewed on 2017/11/28

Pros

I love the automatic billing and payment plan feature. The performance/recital reports create the recital program eliminating hours of work.

Cons

I wish it would send the payment confirmation emails to the clients and specify what was charged and paid for, for example a private lesson, costume charge.

Jacinda

Always, always helpful

Reviewed on 2016/11/28

I reach out to the Studio Director several times throughout the year and they are always beyond helpful in answering my questions, providing me detailed instructions and honestly caring about making sure that everything works for my studio.

Cons

It's a little clunky looking to new families - it doesn't look as modern as many other software that people are using.

Melissa

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2016/11/19

I am the office manager for a small Tumbling & Cheerleading gym, this is our first year using TSD. As we work out the kinks and figure out the in's & out's of the program your customer service reps have been amazing! From big to small issues, they have been able to walk us through it all. We have been able to save a lot of time & trees with not having paperwork to do, and are proud of the fact that we have been able to go green! I know when I call that the calls back will be prompt and the person on the other end will be more than happy to help me solve any issue.

Pros

It's fairly straight forward when you are setting new events or private lessons up.

Cons

We allow our athletes to notify us that they are dropping from a session early on, however when we enter the drop information we loose the ability to evaluate them, This could be resolved by not dropping them till then end of the session, but then we would have to keep track of them elsewhere. The only worry with that would be missing someone, and it creates extra work- which was what we were trying to avoid in using TSD.

Jacque

We love Studio Director and the excellent customer service and ability to customize features.

Reviewed on 2017/07/28

Pros

Ease of use, web-based, customer service, customizable features. We appreciate how quickly Studio Director staff responds to questions.

Cons

How complicated some customized features are. Inability to quickly add a drop in class for a punch card student.

Rachel
  • Industry: Fine Art

Good experience

Reviewed on 2017/11/02

Keeps my classes and enrollments organized and customers can access at anytime and pay

Pros

The software is easy to use. My customers can enroll and pay online at anytime. I like the reports for business.

Cons

Not enough options for credit card processing. It is too expensive especially when charged extra by the Studio Director. Wish there was also a way to set up two seasons differently at the same time. Really wish you could put in a minimum credit payment for it to process.

Casey

Full functional, but not easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

Pros

Awesome range of features, from class scheduling to automatic billing. Recital planning features are a bonus, too. Plus online registering is a needed feature in this day and age when parents want to be able to do everything online.

Cons

More expensive than other similar programs.
Hard to learn/use - very cumbersome with multiple steps for each task.

Judith

Once the system is set up with our classes, it's really easy for me and all our customers to...

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Pros

The layout of classes is neat colourful
And specific. I like the little icons that identify each genre

Cons

I would like a facility for parents to book private lessons and have them charged to
Their account. At the moment I do not know who is having private lessons with which teacher.

Leigh

Your customer service rep was a great help! She was very informative!

Reviewed on 2017/10/30

Pros

The system is quite easy to work with. Seems to take all information entered accurately. Also easy to run reports needed.

Cons

Sometimes it is a little hard to find what I am looking for, but now I know to call the customer service if I need to.

Candi
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Excellent software and best customer support!

Reviewed on 2016/12/22

I could not run my business without Studio Director! It is hands down the best software, so user friendly, and the customer support that comes with it is priceless. Worth every penny!

Pros

Online enrollment, ease of running payments, automatic payments, and customer support

Marthavan

SSBT Review

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

We have loved working with studio director. While our technical prowess can limit us at times, the customer support staff always eases our difficulties efficiently.

Pros

overall capabilities

Cons

tuition troubles

Kari

Customer Service is excellent!

Reviewed on 2017/08/07

Pros

I like that this software has functions for every aspect of my business. Recently, I asked if a certain function was available, and they created this function for me within the day. Totally awesome.

Cons

The tabs are not always self explanatory, but with the excellent customer service, its an easy fix.

Loanne

We absolutely could not run our studio without this software!

Reviewed on 2016/03/15

The Studio Director has been an invaluable tool for us in managing our studio and communicating with our students and families. The interface is easy to use to set up classes, payments, student, family information, and so much more. As our studio grows, we've appreciated the report tools to manage the volume of class and student information in our database. We really like the email tool, with enhanced graphic and layout options, which allows us to create professional email communications to our students and families. The technical support we've had from the Studio Director staff has been phenomenal, and they've been able to resolve any questions or inquiries for us within hours, not days. There is so much flexibility to this tool, and as we expand our business, we are able to take advantage of more features of the software. We definitely made the right decision in choosing Studio Director to manage our studio information.

Karen

I am very happy we made the switch to The Studio Director!

Reviewed on 2016/03/18

I am very satisfied with our choice to switch to The Studio Director. Our previous database software felt clunky and did not have a helpful client interface, so we never put our schedule or registration online. With TSD, we have and our families love it. I am still learning how to fully use some of the features, but Customer Service and Support is wonderful!!! Whenever I have a question I cannot figure out on my own, they are quick to reply to my emails. I do wish the program had a staff feature, not just for teachers, but for admin and assistant staff. I'd love to be able to track all my staff in one place. I also wish I could easily see item balances rather than running balances in the family ledger, but just today I learned from a webinar how to make that a little easier.

Karsia

Best Software Out There!

Reviewed on 2016/08/21

I have tried 4 software program and this by far has been the nest experience. Customer service is excellent and the software is very easy to use.

Pros

There are so many...
Mainly this software is very user friendly.

Cons

I wish there was a way to block out entire weeks for holidays.
I also wish the waiver option was immediately following the dancer info page. Many of my clients don't know it is there.

Shelly

Best choice I ever made for my Studio!

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

I looked at several programs before finally making my choice to go with Studio Director. I am glad I looked around because when I finally found Studio Director, I found everything I needed in one package (that all the others were missing). It has been worth every minute spent learning and every penny spent on services! Support is fantastic! Rates are fair and reasonable! I find it very user friendly and my customers love being able to do business on-line! I am just sorry it took me so long to find. If I would have known about them sooner, I would have switched a long time ago. Hands down, THE BEST program in the industry!

Angelika

One satisfied customer!

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

For the first six years of our school existence we used a different software until I had it with those unlogical features. I wish we would have used The Studio Director from the start. We're now in our 4th year with this software and it couldn't get any easier but it does. They listen to our complaints and suggestions and update the software every few months to make it easier to use or to add new features. We're very happy to use it -every day!

Pros

That we can do anything within our business with it

Rachel
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Nice Way to Manage Dancer Account

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

The Studio Director has been a very convenient way to submit dance class payments.

Pros

The Studio Director allows me to make payments for my student's classes, as well as see her financial history.

Cons

Sometimes, I find it difficult to interpret the financial data and it is not always easy to tell which payment type is selected.

R.

We love The Studio Director

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

We love that we email or call support and within 1-2 hours have a response from a customer service representative. They are helpful in setting up new rates on a yearly basis and offer excellent customer service complete with clear details of how to fix our concerns. They also have been receptive in taking into account our requests for updates and changes to the functionality of the system.

Casey

So far, so good!

Reviewed on 2016/09/27

I have only just begun to use Studio Director this year. The biggest thing that I love about it is the amazing customer service. Not only are they extremely quick to respond to inquiries, but very informative and helpful.

I am still learning about all that Studio Director has to offer but so far haven't had any major problems, it has been a wonderful tool in organizing my classes, dancers, and their information.

Pros

The organization of classes/students

Cons

It has a bit of a learning curve