Bolt

Michael J.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Love vs hate

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

I am ALWAYS the first man in my company to set eyes on a new job. I also make a habit of being right on time, if not early with my particular kind of installation. Before Bolt, I would often show up to a job that is ready for me and yet I cannot do what I need because of a lack of provided information on site. I very rarely have this problem now.

Pros

I did/do absolutely love having any and all information pertinent to my job right at my fingertips in a matter of seconds, provided that information is valid and has been successfully uploaded onto Bolt before I need it.

Cons

I did/do dislike having to order my work materials through the Bolt App. I have often come across situations where I want to order new or different materials for a job that I have previously ordered materials on. In this case, I do not know how or if it is even possible to clear the previous ordered materials before submitting a new one.

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Thanks, Michael! There is a good chance that your feedback regarding submitting material requests requires a simple setting change. We will reach out to your internal administrator to advise.

Manuel L.

excellent product

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

overall Bolt is the best tool we've ever had out in the field, it help us managing our work better

Pros

brings you all the tools needed to simplify work and be more productive and efficient, from quality control, scheduling and communicating with home builders and sub crews

Cons

i can't think of anything negative about the software

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Thanks Manuel!

Joseph F.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Bolt Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

very happy with the tracking of job activity, billing and job status

Pros

All job related items in one place. Easy to find document, and see scheduling.

Cons

Sometimes it runs slow and does not appears to be because of internet connection.

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Thanks for the feedback, Joseph!

Teri S.

Scheduling Review

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

I do most of my work in scheduling. This is a feature that is still a work in progress and could be easier to use.

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Thanks Teri!

Dave K.

Expanding usage

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

Use several times hourly. Need more usage time to give more fair assessment

Pros

Keeps up to date record of site status if users properly participating

Cons

Lack of auto populating and need for a general allocation of activity WITHOUT needing an address

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Thanks Dave! We will take note of your feedback and see what we can come up with for a solution.

William J.

Bolt review

Reviewed on 2020/03/12

Easy layout & functional

Pros

Knowing my jobs the day before. This is very handy!

Cons

Getting locked out of software & no way to reset it

Steve M.

Fitting the software to our needs.

Reviewed on 2017/04/24

Since we are just getting started and we are custom fitting the system every thing is going great. After a few more adjustments I believe we will have what we have been looking for. my staff is finding the system very easy to learn and use.
The support staff has been a pleasure to work with

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Thanks Steve!

Jonas C.

has been a big help

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

BOLT has been a big help in getting our company organized with work orders and keeping track of them.

Pros

the audit trial so you can track what people are doing

Cons

like any new program its just about working out the bugs for our particular needs

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Thanks, Jonas!

Anthony M.

Great application!!

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

Bolt is an extremely user friendly software that anyone can navigate with little to no instruction. With the ability to customize the only limitation is your imagination.

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Thanks Anthony!

Brian S.

Exceptional

Reviewed on 2017/04/27

Great service, very helpful and easy to use. Only complaint there is not a fill all button when doing my take off. But other than that its great!

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Hey Brian! We released a feature upgrade so that you can fill all the selections with one click. Hope that helps make your job easier!

Leonard D.

BOLT is a game changer!

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

Overall, BOLT has made a large impact on our daily scheduling. It has helped hold our company accountable and to see where our weak links exist. The absolute best scheduling assistant money can buy.

Pros

The scheduling abilities are amazing. We are still to this day learning all of the features available. Just using the software has created a much smoother and efficient way to schedule. BOLT not only helps with our day to day scheduling, but it also allows us to archive old jobs which allows us to provide accurate information/photos anytime a builder request.

Cons

with all software programs, there are cons. There are days that BOLT lags and/or glitches, however, these are few to none.

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Thanks for the feedback, Leo!

Billy H.

Bolt

Reviewed on 2019/08/27

Pros

Its very smooth to locate the schedule and change accordingly

Cons

when selecting the edit feature from the scheduled task , if you edit any portion of the workorder , when you click update , it takes you out of the workorder and I always have to go back into workorder , but if you click on the woerkorder tab , its all good

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Hey Billy! Thanks for the feedback. We will take note of your experience and see what we can do to improve it!

Brendon L.

It has helped out business

Reviewed on 2019/02/25

I would recommend this for sure.

Pros

We had a lot of conflict with scheduling doing things the old fashioned way, but this has really helped us to be a more efficient company.

Cons

It seems a little buggy still. It crashes on me at least once or twice a day, but I guess that could always be something on my end. But it is a minor setback.

William D.

Great product for end user

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

Pros

I like how easy it is to work my schedule for days even weeks out. User interface is super intuitive

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches that cause issues like double work orders or work orders disappearing but they are usually fixed rapidly.

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Thanks William!

Matthew W.

Bolt review

Reviewed on 2019/09/05

Pros

Information updates instantly and I can see all my upcoming work.

Cons

As a user once I complete a job it gets cleared from my queue and I can't see my jobs I have completed for the week. I would like to be able to see past jobs so when I am doing my billing I can bring up the necessary info.

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Hi Matthew! I believe we can help you bring up the necessary info. Can you please reach out to [email protected]?

Dana S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Bolt Review

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

Pros

Keeps track of work orders throughout the process

Cons

Some options and features don’t work like they should when using the app

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Thanks Dana! We've taken note of your feedback and will reach out to your internal Bolt Champion to see what we can do to help!

Darrell K.

Good review

Reviewed on 2017/04/18

The overall experience on bolt has been great. Pretty easy for use with little for the technology. For less technology friendly people ease of use with bolt

Pros

Able to organize work though field and office with ease.

Cons

Not being able to see all specific crews daily work tickets

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Thank you!

Joshua C.

Revolutionized the way we do our business

Reviewed on 2015/11/19

Our company always pushed to improve our way of doing things more efficiently. I would have considered us more automated than the rest of the industry. Bolt gave us the ability to grow and compete in today's steadily changing construction environment. We have completely mobilized our job data, allowing us to better serve our customers and maximize our field work force.

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Thank you for your review!

Darren F.

not enough real daily experience yet to give full feedback

Reviewed on 2017/04/28

Pros

ability to understand and adapt to our business process and easily adapt to our flow of production needed

Cons

don't like that you can only make changes to processing in the scheduling page. It would be better if one main page controlled everything for the job. However, i am still very new to the software, so I may not be the best judge yet

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Thanks for the feedback, Darren!

Best scheduling software for the price!

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Overall I think the Bolt Subcontractor software can be a very useful tool for subcontractors of any size, however a more conscious effort to make the mobile app for efficient would really take this program to the next level.

Pros

Bolt Subcontractor Software is an excellant scheduling software. Subcontractors big or small will find that this program allows for clean and accurate scheduling of crews, including the ability to add and track task to be completed. An added bonus is the ability to track contract document so that crews are able to view them whether they are on a job or working directly from an office.

Cons

The mobile application could use a lot of work. Not every subcontractor or crew will have access to tablets. The mobile application is very glitchy and virtually useless unless you have a strong wifi connection.

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Thank you for your feedback! Hopefully, the new app release that we did in early 2019 solved your problems. If not, please reach out to [email protected] and we will make sure you get help.

Jana D.

Great software to increase efficiency & keep history data

Reviewed on 2017/04/25

Before implementing Bolt many of our scheduling tasks were completed by individual employees. Now we have a centralized way of researching data instead of having to go to individual employees. I love the forecast & report features. It is very helpful to see upcoming work volume via calendar view. I find it very helpful you can drag and drop documents & pictures attached to a particular job. Bolt is a helpful scheduling software tool both in the office and out in the field via its mobile capabilities.

Pros

Forecast, Report, Mobile Capabilities, Calendar view, multiple user access and drag & drop documents & pictures

Cons

inability to change color template

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Hey Jana! Thank you for the feedback. We did release a feature allowing you to change the color template. Hope that helps!

Kailee K.

Great Software program for expanding businesses

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

We are able to get more money from the contractors for things that we didn't have proof were done and were in situations for he said she said so now have proof in pictures and are able to collect more.

Pros

There are a lot of benefits to using this as long everyone is on board with using and learning the steps. The real time tickets are great, the pictures are a big help for us and the owner and sales guys can access the work that has been done as well. Reports are an easy run to get different stats as well.

Cons

Not much to complain about, and if we had had issues they have been on top of solutions and fixes

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Thanks for the review, Kailee!

Jerry A.

My Review of Bolt

Reviewed on 2017/04/24

Master electrician for 40 years. Computer IT for 15 years. Use Bolt every week for reports. Runs flawlessly without a problem.

Pros

User friendly

Cons

Nothing

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Thanks Jerry!

Jessie K.

Exceptional Product; Easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

Pros

Ease of use; user friendly; detailed information

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like about it.

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Thanks Jessie!

Victoria R.

Bolt Review from small business

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

If I have a problem,[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always available to help walk me through either in an email, through a video or on the phone.

Pros

This software puts all my information in one place at the superintendents fingertips. I also allows me to bill easily from the system.

Cons

At the beginning it was difficult to find the time to input all the data, but after that was completed it was easy.

Response from Bolt Software Technology

Thank you for the feedback, Vicki!