Patriot Accounting Reviews

Patriot Accounting

Save your time & money with affordable, easy-to-use software

Abdelati
Abdelati
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

The integrated product in accounting is really excellent and amazing at work..!

Reviewed on 2023/08/23

As an accountant, I found in this product the amazing work in analyzing and managing financial and accounting, as well as managing the company and others.

Pros

This product is characterized by accurate work in accounting and financial management and its reports.

Cons

A good product at work consists of several working tools.

Craig

Basic Accounting Software, but it gets the job done

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

Very good. The customer service is superb. They answer the phone and are very helpful. If they don't know an answer, they find it out and get back to you. Email support is good too. The software is pretty basic compared to Quickbooks but if you don't need all those fancy features as I don't, it gets the job done. And the price is much better than Quickbooks. They have a bank reconciliation module, but I don't use it. Highly recommend for small businesses.

Pros

Started out on the package almost 5 years ago. It was pretty basic then, Patriot has added a steady stream of features to it each year. We don't use a lot of them however. I like the dashboard. If you are using the Payroll module, it's totally seamless integration. No frills accounting but that's ok because that's all I need.

Cons

Can't put a check number on a Quick Pay when you are running it. I use manual checks and there's not way to do that, except by putting the check number in the notes. If you are using printed check stock, that would not be an issue. Reporting is a little thin, but it gets the job done. The Financial statement is a little weird how it calculates owner's equity but my accountant reviewed the numbers and said it is correct. If you have accrued liabilities, They use "modified cash basis" which it also odd vs. Cash Basis. No Statement available to send out to customers.

Quickbooks Online and Xero

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Mainly cost, and the Payroll integration. They do full service payroll at a very competitive monthly rate.
Scott

Written by people who have never done bookkeeping

Reviewed on 2022/10/12

From a bookkeeping perspective it is extremely cumbersome to use requiring far too many mouse clicks to do everyday tasks. Inability to make changes to entries that have errors creates more unnecessary work for bookkeeping.

Pros

Online invoicing and integrated credit card processing

Cons

Inability to choose or change which account payments come from in the payment screen.
Cumbersome entry of payments to vendors.
Inability to create recurring invoices without emailing them to customers

Jay
  • Industry: Media Production

It plugs into daily business

Reviewed on 2022/04/28

We need to be up to the minute aware of what our financial status is, with a streamlined way to invoice our customers, and a responsible way to document all activity.

Pros

Patriot Software Accounting offers all of the reporting we need for daily and monthly tasks. It is very clear how the charts of accounts integrate into the structure of our company.

Cons

It would make a lot more tactile sense to make the daily accounting work from a register type of interface. Using a General Ledger, then notating credits and debit columns, is a slower and less intuitive way to perform transactions than a single entry, customizable register would be. A register-based interface option would provide a far greater sense of user control and confidence.

Dave

Review needs and not just costs

Reviewed on 2022/10/12

Pros

There is no guessing. The portal will ask pointed questions to properly distribute costs and income appropriately.

Cons

Compared to what we had from other online service (QuickBooks) they ask a ton of questions, not only for current, but from previous entries. It was certainly an adjustment, although the results should be much better for all affected parties.

Kelvin
  • Industry: Management Consulting

K. Baker Review for Accounting Software

Reviewed on 2021/01/06

Great tool for Small Businesses

Great tool for Small Businesses

Pros

Easy to Setup and Management. Critical Part of us receiving a PPP Loan.

Cons

Expand the program to allow project based billing and invoicing.

Deltek Vision

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

More suitable for our business. More tools to support our business.

Costs
Sergio

Patriot does great accounting.

Reviewed on 2023/02/14

Very well done and simple.

Very well done and simple.

Pros

This software has been helping our company do great with our accounting tasks. The entire accounting team loves how easily and efficiently it helps to get the work done.

Cons

So far, we are happy with it in general.

Nancy
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Best bang for the buck!

Reviewed on 2023/01/06

They are great! They have been so helpful getting my business transitioned to Patriot . Reports are an effective tool for keeping up with where our business stands. Highly recommend!

Pros

Easy to get up and running. Inexpensive to run, bookkeeping assistance available for a nominal fee.

Cons

Doesn’t accept payments. Had to set up elsewhere. Would be a great advantage if all in one software package.

Sally

Left Quickbooks for Patriot

Reviewed on 2023/02/16

so far so good!! I am very new to it. Did a 30 day trial in Dec and started for real in January.

Pros

The automatic downloads of my bank transactions and the functionality of that whole feature is great!So far it seems very easy to do payroll

Cons

I wish the general ledger had a feature to make the most recent transaction show up at the top automatically. I always have to click the arrow to switch the view...a very little thing, but I'd love it if there was a setting to choose that view.

Jeff
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 2022/10/17

Easy to use ... like the account reconciliation function

Easy to use ... like the account reconciliation function

Pros

Easy to use ... especially for non accounts like me.

Cons

Sometimes imputing transaction dates get clunky because the calendar gets in the way. I would be nice when imputing multiple vendor payments if the check number would default to the next number.

Our Peachtree system was outdated

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

Quickbooks was overpriced and was too complicated to set up. I did do a trial but did not like the system and they also reneged on a corporate discount they were offering through my franchisor.
Duane

Fair value for benefits and peace of mind

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Patriot has helped with organizing and tracking how much an account has received or spent for a year total. If there is any issues customer support has been friendly and supportive in helping resolve the issue quickly.

Pros

Pay roll tax filing eases worries and makes business functionality easier The availability of having a support staff to call with questions is amazing.

Cons

Adjusting the bank totals to match the starting values. When printing checks you are unable to add things in the memo line.

Reasons for Choosing Patriot Accounting

Cost effectiveness and tax filing benefits.

Cost, Funding sources, Ease of use advertising
Melissa

Best payroll and invoicing software!

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

I love it! Super easy and responsive customer support

I love it! Super easy and responsive customer support

Pros

Everything in one place and I had no idea what I was doing. Patriot made it easy.

Cons

I wish the reporting feature had more export to excel functions for filing my commercial liability, NC101 ESC form and employee wages for Child support reports as well as other government support employees need info supplied by employers. When I run a report for a customer it would be nice to be able to save that or export. I would love to customize and save the customization of emails mailed within Patriot invoicing.

Dee
  • Industry: Events Services

Coastal patriot

Reviewed on 2022/10/07

They have been there to help me from day one, and always happy to help.

They have been there to help me from day one, and always happy to help.

Pros

Customer service is everything to me. When I have a question, I need to know there is someone to help me. I am also excited about donating to conservative causes.

Cons

Learning a new software is never a great experience. The problem with new accounting software is that you can make a mistake that will live with you forever. Patriot Software understood my concerns and worked with me every step of the way. My current accounting may not be perfect, but it is the best representation of my business I could do with all the assistance I received.

Brian

Easy to use and offers a lot

Reviewed on 2020/09/21

It has been a huge upgrade coming from using spreadsheets on my own. The interface is easy to learn and there is always a good help page to show how to get started.

Pros

The thing I liked the most about Patriot Software was that it was easy to implement and learn how to use. I looked at other software for payroll and accounting but it seemed to have a lot of features I didn't need and it made the learning process confusing for those programs.

Cons

At first it was hard to link my credit union for the accounting portion but eventually I was able to do it. One other issue I was having was when I created an estimate there was no way to go back and edit it once it was created; you had to delete it and start a new estimate.

FreshBooks and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Patriot Accounting

It was recommended by someone and the other platforms included options that I didn't see myself using.
Dietmar

Beutifully executed software

Reviewed on 2021/01/10

I really could not be happier. What a contrast to Quickbooks.

I really could not be happier. What a contrast to Quickbooks.

Pros

Ease of use, logic rules. It matches my small business needs.

Cons

Create a file where I can pull pre written messages for quotes and alike from

Pam

The Best QB Replacement

Reviewed on 2022/08/02

So far, I'm finding everything I need and all is going well. I'm very happy.

So far, I'm finding everything I need and all is going well. I'm very happy.

Pros

It is well worth it the switch from QB! It's very affordable and stable. Patriot Accounting has all the features I need and features my CPA uses for me. I'm so much happier with my bookkeeping since switching.

Cons

It's a few more steps, but that's fine. It is similar to what QB was like before they went online.

Larry

Great to Use

Reviewed on 2021/01/30

We were in the process of talking about going back to Quick Books and decided to stay with Patriot because of costs and ease of getting live help

Pros

Ease of getting into program

Ease of. getting help

Great to work with when calling in

Cons

When trying to get to certain options on the side to use, hard to maneuver to where you want to go

Cost

Cost
Matthew
  • Industry: Legal Services

Love it.

Reviewed on 2023/04/18

positive

positive

Pros

Easy and almost idiot proof. I learned how to operate the software in minutes

Cons

I would like to be able to have my customers pay online. The company that did it for Patriot, was hard to deal with. That was a few months ago.

Ease of use. Customer support

Paulina
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

It is a user-friendly cloud-based accounting system for small business owners and accountants.

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

What I liked about it that it was quick and easy to use. The software did all the accounting jobs such as bill pay, paid contractors and vendors accurately, tracked the payments, and generated reports. It is great that it is available in the form of application.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. It allows to track customer invoices, pay bills, print forms and pay vendors. It also integrates with other Patriot products, such as Patriot payroll. One of the awesome features allows users to create default prices for products and services and specify the sales tax rate. In addition there is also a view of unpaid invoices and record payments from customers. In the report section users can track account balances, view balance sheets, profit and loss statements, vendor payments and more. This system is available in the form of application as well which is great, you can access your data from anywhere anytime.

Cons

I experience some problems at the beginning with setting up the system, however, there are videos available for trouble shooting that are very useful and the customer service is very effective and responsive.

Thomas
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Easy to setup, stable, cut my invoicing nightmares.

Reviewed on 2022/10/18

I wanted an easy to use, non-accountant invoicing software that worked, was stable and didn't drain my wallet. Bonus is it allows me to make invoices quickly. The few support emails I've sent were answered quickly and by someone who obviously read the question and knew the software.

Pros

Easy to use. Can have multiple tax rates. Haven't lost a invoice yet. Fair price. Attachments with the invoice is great, some customers demand photos of the job now.

Cons

I would love a little more customization of the invoice. Picking a future day and time for mailing invoices, like tomorrow at 8 a.m. not at 11 p.m. when I created it. Would like to be able to set a date range for the invoice section, I like to work a week at a time and having to set it every time I go to view invoices is a little annoying (I can live with it but you asked).

John
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Great Software

Reviewed on 2022/09/08

Great overall experience. In fact if they can add the multiple payroll account feature I will probably stay with them forever.

Pros

The cost to benefit ratio is huge. It is so much easier and cheaper than quickbooks, with much better support.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to record payroll to separate accounts. For instance If I wanted my management team payroll to come out of one account and my hourly payroll out of another.

Jennifer

My Review of Patriot Accounting

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

Overall my experience has been acceptable. Some features are very easy to work with while others seem to be more difficult, like keeping a running balance for the checking account where it is easy to see.

Pros

I really like the ease of the accounts reconciliation feature and the invoicing feature as well. Invoicing helps me to be sure I know whom I have collected from and what I am still owed.

Cons

I do not like that when using the withdrawal/deposit feature that there is no way to tell what my bank balance is without going to reports. Very inconvenient.

DAVID

PATRIOT ACCOUNTING HAS MADE MY LIFE EASIER!

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PROGRAM FOR SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PROGRAM FOR SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS!

Pros

BEFORE I WAS PAYING AN ACCOUNTANT ALOT PER MONTH NOW I'M PAYING UNDER
SOME AMOUNT PER MONTH. VERY AFFORDABLE!
CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE BEST I'VE SEEN OF ANY OTHER PROGRAMS I USE FOR MY BUSINESS.
EASE OF USE, IT TOOK ME VERY LITTLE TIME TO LEARN THIS PROGRAM. IF IT DID HAS A QUESTION I RECEIVED VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE HELP VIA PHONE, WITH VERY LITTLE WAITING TIME.
LOVE THIS PROGRAM AND RECOMMEND TO TO ANY SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS!

Cons

HAD TROUBLE WITH ACCEPTING MY CARD FOR DIRECT PAYMENTS. OTHER THAN THAT I HAVE NO CONS WITH THIS PROGRAM.

Kerry

Patriot Accounting Use Review

Reviewed on 2022/10/30

Serves most needs. Maybe I am not schooled enough on all options.

Serves most needs. Maybe I am not schooled enough on all options.

Pros

Simple if you do not need detailed invoicing.

Cons

Navigating is horrible if you need to go back and forth between modules or would like to "continue to browse" in a module. It always wants to restart.

Steve

Difficult to use

Reviewed on 2022/10/19

Pros

The price may be the best part of the software.

Cons

It is very difficult for our bookkeeper to use so they had to charge us more and we had to stop working with them.

Response from Patriot Software

We're sorry to hear your bookkeeper was charging you more because they felt it was not easy to use. We pride ourselves on making our software intuitive and easy to use. We do understand sometimes when you are used to one software working one way, it can be challenging when another software does it differently. Even if the process is the same or easier. We are always adding features, and have thousands of business owners and accountants who use our software because of its value and ease of use. We hope one day you will find your way back to us. Until then, best of luck.