WonScore

Platform for assessing, analyzing, and comparing candidates

Jennifer P.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Wonscore has improved retention 40% in first 9 months

Reviewed on 2018/02/15

Quality of hires has improved dramatically

Pros

It is easy to use, has a great dash board - is excellent at matching candidates to positions. Took a while to get buy-in from the hiring managers, but Wonscore has been 100% correct in its predictions of applicants who wouldn't succeed. Almost scary-accurate.

Cons

We are really happy with this service. I could only suggest make it easier to move candidates to different positions, perhaps more choices in jobs. Overall, I don't have any improvements I need.

Bianca P.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Fun, challenging

Reviewed on 2018/02/01

Helps me measure reliability. Measure skills and team work as well.

Pros

It was a great learning experience and made you really learn more about your self and how you work as a team, how you problem solve and certainly tested your mental ability

Cons

It was a bit time consuming but worth it. Other than that the software is great! It seems that people who are foreign seem to have a harder time as well from my personal experience

Glennon R.
  • Industry: Insurance

Adds additional layer of information to use in considering candidates

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Pros

It is easy to use and administer, easy to review, and easy to understand. Helpful guidance when selecting between several good candidates.

Cons

There seems to be limitations to the types of positions available for roles within a company. The existing job descriptions may not quite match with roles in a company.

Heidi H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Helpful in sorting through recruits

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

It has been a very helpful tool in my hiring process.

Pros

I do like that it provides a great avenue for sifting through new hire candidates. I am able to eliminate undesirable candidates at a much earlier stage.

Cons

I feel that some of the tests are too long and repetitive. We seemingly lose a lot of candidates mid-stream because of this.

• Industry: Shipbuilding
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

It is an easy to use system with accurate results

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Wonscore helps us make a more informed decision in our hiring process.

Pros

I love how easy it is to select a job that matches our Open Requisitions, and how easy it is to send the assessment to applicants. One of my favorite features is the direct link to the job, which makes it simple to add it to an email to an applicant.

Cons

I felt like there was not enough training to understand the results given. I do not like how the Open Jobs are displayed: the font is too big and there is no option to have it displayed as a list.

Steve N.
  • Industry: Semiconductors
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Skyworks Inc.

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

We needed an accepted and vetted system that can support our hiring decisions - whether we hire or do not.

Pros

It give us peace of mind when we make final hiring decisions. I feel that in most cases it is reflective and supports what we see during the interviews themselves.

Cons

I do wish we could delete or remove people from the system - I know you can Archive but complete removal would be better. E.g. - I had two people enter the same person twice...system let us and then I couldn't delete the extra entry...

Andrew T.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Screening Tool

Reviewed on 2019/02/19

My overall experience has been positive.

Pros

We were switched to the Wonscore platform for this year's hiring process and find it very easy to use and informative. I am able to track my applicants progress and plan accordingly for the next step of our hiring process based on the accuracy of information that Wonderlic provides.

Cons

I have no dislikes with the Wonescore Software.

Tyler W.

Good Product

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Good tool, it's not a silver bullet and doesn't replace the need for an interview, but it enhances the interview process and can make it more productive leading to a higher potential for success with a hire.

Pros

Easy to retest and re-profile candidates that have already taken the test. Gives some broad level insight into the candidate and helps narrow in questions to ask during the interview process.

Cons

What the product gained in ease of use and universality it lost in some the detail you used to get from the older WonderLic platform we were on. In some cases is overly broad and general without enough specifics. Sometimes single reports give contradictory findings about a candidate in multiple areas

• Industry: Chemicals
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Wonscore can be useful but should not be used on its own!

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

In principle, the use of Wonscore results should provide insight into a candidate's potential to fit an open job position. In our experience, we have found that this is not always the case. As an example, we hired one candidate who received the top score among all other candidates for an outside sales position. We ended up firing the individual because of poor performance and what seemed to be a lack of follow-through despite having an excellent Wonscore. In contrast, we asked our existing sales team to take the Wonscore test designed for outside sales representatives. It turned out that some of our best sales reps earned more mediocre scores. Our lesson learned: Don't judge a candidate solely by their Wonscore result. More importantly, don't let an especially good or bad Wonscore sway your judgement when it comes time to hiring someone.

Pros

-Easy set up
-Versatile (can handle a variety of job positions for evaluations)
-Easy to understand results

Cons

Results from tests don;t always reflect real-world experience

Doug L.

Great employment pre-screening

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Save tons of time pre-screening employees and getting insights we wouldn't otherwise get.

Pros

I appreciate the insights on intelligence, personality, and motivation. Reviewing the analysis expedites our pre-screening process and helps us save tons of time!

Cons

Sometimes some of the results are inconsistent but overall they're good. We often get people that do not complete the assessment - not sure if that's a problem with the software or they just lose patience.

Karen G.

Don't hire without it!

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

Pros

Evaluates candidates against criteria for success in the role - almost as good as a crystal ball!

Cons

It is sometimes difficult to figure out how to resend if an applicant doesn't get the software right away.

Tracy K.

Assessments are very helpful in determining a person's competency level

Reviewed on 2020/02/27

Pros

I really like the ease of use of the assessments

Cons

I wish the assessment was a tiny bit shorter.

Response from Wonderlic

Thanks for your feedback! It means a lot to us as we strive to continually improve our product.

Vishwa D.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

One of the BEST tools for pre-screening

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Pros

It allows you to pin-point on the strong and weak points during the in-person interviews.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. It is overall one of the most user friendly apps.

Becky L.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Very helpful tool for hiring

Reviewed on 2018/12/28

Pros

The reports are easy to read and to the point. Excellent customer service and billing is a breeze.

Cons

Would be most helpful if results came straight into your email instead of having to sign in to view.

Jazmin P.
  • Industry: Automotive

Cueter Chrysler

Reviewed on 2020/03/03

Pros

The ease of using Wonscore is a plus.

Cons

I have found that it is not the most detailed, and that its not very accurate.

Tony D.

It's been a helpful tool for adding an extra layer of data to our recruiting process

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Added data to our hiring process

Pros

Ease of use, easy to get started. The data reports given after a candidate completes a review have been helpful and we are already using them frequently.

Cons

The preselected jobs seem oddly specific, and they also are missing some very basic job titles. Account managers and business development reps. Also the fact that someone can be "too smart" for a job on their score makes no sense to me. I don't buy that they might be bored easily.

Wonderlic for Hiring Practices

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Pros

Wonderlic is easy to administer to potential hires for our firm, and gives us great insight on the prosepct's intelligence as well as other personality traits. It's an integral part of our hiring process.

Cons

I didn't like that in V2 they did away with the IQ level feedback.

David A.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Results not very predictive

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Overall this is a decent cognitive/IQ test to supplement our process. It's very disappointing in that it doesn't do a good job of accurately assessing personality or motivation.
Perhaps more valuable would be assessments that showed whether candidates were good team players (ie, overlap with the Ideal Team Player ideology), and assessments that accurately tested detail orientation, etc.

Pros

The IQ/cognitive test has helped us weed out sub-par applicants

Cons

Two things:
1. The Motivation and Personality sections have not proven to be accurate, or decent predictors of job performance. I've ended up hiring several people who scored poorly in those areas (because all other inputs from their application showed positively) and they ended up excelling. I've had some score very well on, say, Conscientiousness, and they turn out to fail all detail-orientation tests during interviews.
2. Not enough job profiles. We often have to pick a couple that sort-of vaguely close to what we're hiring for and apply candidates to several.

Tracy B.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Easy to navigate

Reviewed on 2018/07/10

Pros

The results are easy to view & understand. Testing is simple to initiate & track. It is nice to be able to view current & archived results.

Cons

There is a lack of reports. There is also no easy way to print info. It would be nice if the info could be condensed to minimal pages instead of 10-12 pages per applicant.

Chastity T.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

We use Wonscore as a first line of selection for new office employees.

Reviewed on 2020/03/10

It helps us make decisions on candidates, maybe not our offer but who goes on to actually interview or the next step in the process.

Pros

Its easily deployed to candidates. It also gives use a insight that you can not get in an interview - specifically the motivation factor.

Cons

Its hard to narrow down jobs to our jobs in the industry. So sometimes we have to make "best guess" to get the product to match our needs.

John H.

EASY TO USE

Reviewed on 2018/02/01

All of the manager get together and review the information and discuss. we all agree the program is in no need of change

Pros

very user friendly, it gives us the required information to place the prospective new hire in the proper position

Michael K.

Good tool for screening candidates. It has improved our hire quality and retention rates.

Reviewed on 2018/07/13

Better, faster, easier hiring.

Pros

Score information is very helpful to our recruiting and hiring process. The user interface is easy to use.

Cons

There should be a feature that allows a company to have current employees take the Wonderlic so we can gain better insight on the current employees performance v.v. their Wonscore. I was told this feature does not exist.

Casey N.

It does Wonders for staffing!

Reviewed on 2018/02/01

great staff, the system navigates well and the employees enjoy using it. the changes you made better than the last

Pros

the system is Easy to use , easy to navigate, easy to review the test scores and Wonderful features

Wonscore is a solid assessment tool that does a good job of increasing the odds of good hiring.

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Pros

Users seem to have no issues with logging and in and completing the test as well. The platform and testing are easily administered and interpreted.

Cons

Can be a challenge to navigating the platform as an administrator... resending requests, downloading reports, etc. Candidates that come from ESL background seem to have lower scores.

Christina C.
  • Industry: Veterinary
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Undecided

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Pros

It's very easy to set up a job for candidates, send the invitations to the candidates and review the results. I also like that you can compare and contrast all applicants' scores for the same job.

Cons

I'm not convinced of its accuracy in scoring. It seems like the mid-range is actually our high range for top quality candidates (based on who we have hired), but even then it's not totally accurate every time. Wish we could depend on this more- I'm just not sure I appreciate the cost to value of this tool.