MinistryTracker.com

Church management system

Jay W.

Great CCM

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

Wonderful. I have had to call their customer support too from time to time and they have always rectified the situation quickly and easily. They also are very open to improvements.

Pros

I love that MinistryTracker is web based and easy to access. We use it every week to lo attendance at our weekly events and to log service hours for fundraisers and service events. We use it to text out updates to our kids and parents and it helps us track changes in addresses or phone numbers as the families can log themselves in and change it.

Cons

Their mobile platform leaves a bit to be desired. We love the ability to text our youth but when they reply, it is a bit of a feat to try to log in and text them back an answer. I usually just text from my personal number cause it is so much easier.

Francine C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Can't imagine doing Ministry without it!

Reviewed on 2017/01/16

I've been using MinistryTracker for 7 years (back when it started as YouthTracker) and I LOVE it! I'm a youth minister at a large Catholic parish, and this helps me easily track attendance at events, put people in different groups and quickly send emails to specific groups. I cannot tell you how much easier that makes my job!! It is a full database with fields you can customize. And every time I've had a question, they've responded to my email in one day (often in less than an hour). And I've given them a number of suggestions and they have incorporated all of them into the database in later updates, or told me that it's already available! The only thing I wish was better was the email design. I wish it was easier to make the emails look fancier.

Pros

Ability to search on specific criteria and make smart groups (so anyone else you enter into the database with that criteria gets automatically put in that group), and then send emails to them or to those attending particular events.

Cons

Emails are super easy to direct to specific groups, but challenging to make look fancy.

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Thanks for your feedback Francine. Please contact our customer support at [email protected] They can assist you with some of the more advanced features of the email editor and templates so that you can design a really email template or two including images, columns, tables, and various fonts and sizes.

Kenny K.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Good but could use some more features...

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

MinistryTracker has served our purposes very well. Its functionality is excellent and stores a lot of information and data in a useful way. However, it could use a facelift to make the presentation of the information more appealing as well as better usage for others to input their information, etc.

Pros

It is easy to use and the layout of the home page is very easy to navigate. The depth of detail and information the database can store is very useful. The breakdown of groups, events, and people is nice and a great starting place for a church database.

Cons

The lack of a public online interface for those in our church to utilize. It also did not have a great user interface to make it easy to utilize. The design appeal could use a major upgrade - it is not very appealing and easy on the eyes to use. It holds a ton of data, which is great, but the presentation of how that data is shown is a bit overwhelming at times.

Response from Faithlife Corporation

Kenny, please contact us immediately at [email protected] so we can share with you the free public interface for your members which it sounds like you don't know about. There is an entire portion of Ministry Tracker (the public interface) for your members to view and edit their own data; add and manage family members; view and join your church groups; view, register, and pay for events; view and edit their volunteer availability; and give and view their giving history. The member portal is a huge part of Ministry Tracker and I'm very sorry that you haven't been made aware of these free features that are part of your existing subscription. Please contact our team so we can get you up to speed with all the features you need for your Church.

As always please send in any other requests that you have. If there's a page where you'd like to see information presented in a different way, please let us know so we can work to accommodate your needs. [email protected]

Diana S.

Budget Friendly Database

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

Ministry Tracker is not the fanciest member database out there, but it has good value. The yearly cost is very budget friendly and provides a solid product. I love that you can upload member photos into the profile- really helps staff and leaders learn student names. The birthday list on the dashboard is great and helps me stay on top of sending out birthday cards. Advanced search and smart groups are helpful tools and though they take thought to get the results you are looking for- it it helpful for planning. Their help menu isn't the most comprehensive, but provides the information needed to understand what each feature does.

Pros

Easy to find the information you want on Administrative portal. Ability to do detailed searches through Advanced Search and download results into Excel. Birthday list on dashboard. Pictures attached to profiles. Church option- we recently opened a second campus and were worried about how to make a note of which campus students attended, thankfully there was already a feature we could use.

Cons

Advanced search can be tricky- there are so many search terms that you have to be specific so you can get the correct results- although I would admit some of the problems are due to database management on my end and not using all the features correctly - like roles.

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Thanks for the feedback Diana.

Brian B.

Great Customer Service on a very Good Product

Reviewed on 2017/01/16

We have been with Ministry Tracker for many years, even before they were called Ministry Tracker and started out as Youth Tracker. From the on set, their service was top notch for all things youth ministry. We use it to record our events, email parents, track attendance, record contacts with students, email leaders, and maintain our database for our ministries. Any time we have had an issue or suggestions of something we thought would be helpful, the customer service has responded quickly and were helpful. Their service is great and their product does exactly what we need it to. You can't ask for any more than that. The only reason I didn't give it five stars across the board was because why have too much for what we use it for. Because of that, it takes a few clicks to get to where we need to go. That was a growing pain for us once they transitioned to Ministry Tracker instead of Youth Tracker. But again, it's well worth your money, even if you use it only for one small part of its capabilities like we do.

Pros

It's ability to have all of our data in one spot and communicate with different groups of people easily.

Cons

We don't use all of it's functions within our church as we use it solely for youth ministry. As a result, we need to have two clicks to get where we need to go often, specifically in updating individuals information.

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Thanks for the feedback Brian. We hope to see your full church moving to MinistryTracker.com soon. As the #1 Most Affordable Church Management System and all the other great qualities you shared -- we are a perfect fit for your full church too.

Darren G.

One stop shop

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

I have been a subscriber for Ministry Tracker for years now and have seen other sites that offer similar functionality but I haven't given any others a consideration because of how well it's served us. If there has ever been an issue or something I don't understand the customer service is amazing! I'm super greatful for this site, the service and the time it saves me with ease.
Darren Gogolan

Pros

texting; info hub; connection to my calendar; events planning; online payment function;

Cons

I would love for the email functionality to be updated. I don't have much options with configuration on there with pictures and such. (ex. pics cannot be put next to each other only above or below)

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Thanks for the review Darren. Please contact us at [email protected] and we can help you add pictures that align nicely beside each other. It's as simple as creating a 1x2 table and then inserting each image into the appropriate cell. The process is all visual and really easy, so please give us a call or email and we'll be happy to help you create move advanced and professional email and save them as templates so you can easily use them again and again.

Brett B.

Great product. Needs more functionality

Reviewed on 2017/01/27

Ministry Tracker is a great product with great customer service. They have added many new features over the past few years. However, some of their features such as event registration, still lack any substance to add in specialized questions, conditional logic, etc as many other management software services do.

Pros

Ease of use. Access on the web.

Cons

Registration is lacking. The mobile site doesn't have near the functionality of the website including the ability to use texting and communication features.

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Thanks for the review Brett. You can TXT from the mobile site. We decided against email on the mobile site because most churches like to format their email with nice templates and images and that usually just doesn't fit on a mobile screen. You can at any time access the full version of the site from your mobile device so you always have access to everything on your mobile. The new member portal enhances registration with the ability for parents to register and pay for everyone in their family at one time. Additional features are coming all the time.

Jarrod C.

Best Membership Software

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

We have shopped around for other membership tracking platforms, and I really think Ministry Tracker is the best. This secure cloud based permissions managed platform is easy to use and to personalize to the needs of your ministry. Attendance, giving, events, and texting are some of the features I appreciate, along with being able to level up every student's grade with one click and create Smart Groups that are integrated with attendance. We have been using Ministry Tracker for 10 years and their costs, (cheaper than every other platform I have seen) have not gouged or inflated as their platform's capacity has expanded. Do yourself and your church a favor by using Ministry Tracker

Pros

Smart Groups, permissions managed, Mass Grade leveling up, intuitive, easy specific reports generating, Texting

Cons

could use an app, and our accountant wanted more out of the money tracking

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Thanks for the review Jarrod.

Dustin F.

Long time user...big fan

Reviewed on 2017/01/23

I have been using this software since around 2010 and use it regularly. The feature I use the most is the database for contacting students and communicating with parents. The fact that this software keeps updating and the customer service is a live person every-time. In rated features and functions a little low because they are a little bit difficult to setup with multi-day events and scheduling people and resources. I know that they are working on this though. I wish that the site was a little more sleek and had a more appealing skin...but not a deal breaker. Our church is considering using online giving and although we don't use this I know that it is available.

Pros

Customer sevice

Cons

The look and event planning

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Thanks for the review Dustin. You will love the new Member Portal released today with a new skin similar to what the Admin pages will get by June. The new member portal includes the new Online Giving which is much slicker than before.

Please contact us at [email protected] with your ideas or issues with multi-day events. We don't have anything on the to do list for those. People and resources can be scheduled with the Resources tab and now on the Member Portal people can sign-up to volunteer themselves too. Let us know if you have other ideas for that stuff please.

Jason G.

Love it! Fantastic!

Reviewed on 2017/01/16

Ministry Tracker is a great product and fantastic to use. The only issue we have had is transferring people between departments is not simple.

Pros

Easy to use. Simple.

Cons

Transferring people is not simple.

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Thanks for your feedback Jason. Please contact us at [email protected] so we can assist with transferring people. Not sure if you are wanting to transfer between databases or groups but we can certainly help you with the most efficient method to do so if you contact us. Thanks!

Donnie B.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Really appreciate ministrytracker

Reviewed on 2017/02/09

The one area which seem to cost me extra pain and money each time I use it is the phone calling process and package. I'm gonna get the tech dept to help me simplify and fit this issue. Otherwise I'm a happy climbing customer. Thanks much.

Pros

Function with ease.

Cons

Don't have full financial management tools; so I have to have an additional software. Quickbooks

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Thanks Donnie. Please contact us at [email protected] if you are having any trouble with the calling features. We send thousands of calls each day on behalf of our partners and would be happy to help you.

Nate A.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great product in helping organize our ministry!

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

Ministry Tracker has been a great resource in helping us track data that is important to our ministry. It has great features and the customer service is awesome. If I have a question it gets answered immediately. I would highly recommend this product!

Pros

It is easy to track tons of information.

Cons

Sometimes it has too many features and takes awhile to learn. Is hard for new staff to learn quickly.

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Thanks for the feedback Nate. You'll be excited to know the new interface is coming by June.

Troy A.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

All the admin I need in one package.

Reviewed on 2017/01/16

I use Ministry Tracker for both our youth and children's programs. Since I adopted it 5 years ago or so it has become an invaluable tool. I use it to track attendance, events, people groups and leaders. I can mass communicate via text, email or phone call to all of the above. Just an example...when the new VBS director approaches and asks me if I have a list of all the kids grade 1-5 who have both attended or visited our program, I find great satisfaction in sending them a PDF file that contains contact sheets on every child. The sheet includes a picture, all points of email and text contacts for parents and all pertinent allergy or medical information. I have always received appreciative responses form all my leaders. In short I love this software.

Pros

Ease of use and the contact power it provides.

Cons

None known.

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Thanks for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback Troy.

Lee L.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Ministry Tracker is the best for youth ministry

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

I have been using MT for close to 8 years now and love it. It has been great to see it as a company grow and provide new features almost every year with no change in cost or top notch customer service. They are alway responsive and quick to answer and guide you though whatever question or problem you might be having. And to top all that off their price is great!

Pros

ease of use

Cons

Credit card transactions management - we just couldn't seem to make it work with what we were doing as a ministry.

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Thanks for the feedback Lee. You'll be excited to know we have switched to a new credit card system and you'll be seeing that come by the end of this month. The entire Member Portal has been re-worked and we know you'll love it.

Mark O.

Great stuff!

Reviewed on 2017/01/16

I walked into a youth ministry and inherited this software. It was already set up, and truth be told, I was a tad nervous that it would be a steep learning curve. However, the opposite was true. This has been a great tool to keep up with our students and leaders, and it has been pretty easy to navigate and learn.

Pros

Lots of tools and ways to track things happening in ministry. Way more than just keeping up with numbers and attendance.

Cons

I'm still learning, so my cons won't count for much since it's a matter of just continuing up that curve.

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Thanks for the feedback Mark. Also know that any training or support is absolutely FREE and included with your subscription. So please give us a call or an email and we help you with any questions or training so you can know the software like the back of your hand.

Let's also work to get your full church on board. As the #1 Most Affordable Church Management software, MinistryTracker can help your whole church save while providing all the tools your church needs to do great ministry as well.

Connie S.

Ministry Tracker Evaluation

Reviewed on 2017/01/22

It lacks a little in the area of Finance. I would like to have my people in alphabetical order also, which it does not do unless we are taking family output.

Pros

The price

Cons

Not receiving on line gifts until a month later.

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Connie,

Reports are done in alphabetical order. The ordering of families is dependent on the family name not the display name. Please contact us at [email protected] and we can assist you with how to enter your family names so they show in the order you desire. Additionally all reports include sort features for each column so you can sort however you like. Again, please contact us and we can assist with showing you how to use those features.

We also offer gifts disperments on other schedules including every week or two weeks. As of tomorrow we will also have a direct 2-day electronic deposit. Again, please contact us to discuss the option that works best with your ministry.

Please contact us at [email protected] and provide any feedback you have for the financial section. You give such a low rating yet say it's only lacking a "little" in that one area out of everything it does. You know we are always adding features and constantly upgrading.

Nicholas S.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

A ministry software worth looking into

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

This software has ease of use, even for new users. There are multiple custom options that make tracking simple things such as service projects, small group meetings, and other administrative details easy.

Cons

Slightly behind its time. It's recently received some updates, but there are other ministry software I'd likely choose over Ministry Tracker.

Response from Faithlife Corporation

Nicholas we release new software updates roughly every two weeks. Ministry Tracker is in a constant state of leading the industry. Make sure you are subscribed to our email list and the Faithlife.com Ministry Tracker group so you are aware of the updates and can voice any changes you'd like to see as well. Also make sure you send any ideas for updates to [email protected] Our customer support team is top notch and that's the best way to get any new feature you are interested in onto the development timeline.

Alicia O.

Excellent Service

Reviewed on 2017/01/27

As office manager for our church, I use Ministry Tracker daily. It is easy to use and personalize. Our customer service experience has always been excellent. They are quick and always able to resolve an issue or answer a question. The program is also excellent for communication and member services. I would highly recommend Ministry Tracker and their services.

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Thanks for the feedback Alicia!

Jeff M.

Great service

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

I have used Ministry tracker for a little over two years now and it is an invaluable resource for my ministry. Not only can I quickly communicate with my youth, parents and volunteers, I have an easy to use data base to keep all their contact information.

Pros

Great database features.

Cons

It can be difficult to get kids to update because I can no longer print their direct address for them.

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Thanks for your review Jeff.

Peggy F.

Ministry Tracker: More uses than we realized

Reviewed on 2017/01/27

We have been pleased with Ministry Tracker. We are learning new applications all of the time. When we have had questions, customer support has responded quickly and has been very helpful. Highly recommend!

Pros

It has the ability to track attendance, registrations and payments.

Cons

Still learning, so the things I'm not as happy with, may simply be that I am doing wrong...

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Thanks for the feedback Peggy.

April E.

Quality and Reliable

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

As a missionary organization using Ministry Tracker, it does an excellent job of keeping track of our finances.

Pros

Good dashboard summary of financials, easy to read display, no interruptions of use and access

Cons

Could be a little more intuitive with having to access different pages

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Thanks for the feedback April. We'll be having a brand new user interface coming but June. You'll love it.

Mike B.

Great ministry tool

Reviewed on 2017/01/16

Pros

Web based and easy to use. I use it to track and communicate the youth in my group. It helps me keep track and use my volunteers to track our teens. I really love it. It works great.

Cons

Price does not include texting.

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Thanks for your feedback Mike.

Chris W.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Been using for over 8 years...

Reviewed on 2017/01/23

I have been using this service since forever and would not change. They work well with you and constantly updating to keep current and relevant. The only drawback is the cost, but to me its worth it!

Pros

Wonderful, easy to use and convenient..

Cons

The price.

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Thanks for the review Chris!

Nannette H.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

God got this

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

Pros

Besides managing events and tracking everything, the best part is that you can print tags for children and their parents so that the child leaves with the right parent. Safety is always first.

Cons

that it takes time to get used to it, and explore all that it has to offer and the price.

Response from Faithlife Corporation

Thanks for the review Nannette. We are always here to help get you and your team members trained in using the software. We believe in a personalized experience because no two ministries are the same. Our personalized training and support is always free and we encourage everyone to use our team to help them explore all the benefits and features of Ministry Tracker that might be useful to their ministry. Always feel free to reach out with questions or training requests to our team at 1-888-634-2038 or [email protected]

Sarah J.

Small Church Use

Reviewed on 2017/01/16

We are a small rural church that was struggling desperately to track contact information and some simple data. We love the price of Ministry Tracker and the amount of features it has. The program does FAR more than we need and we pray some day we will grow into needed those features. While some navigation and reports are a little clumsy to use, the customer support is top notch and has helped us navigate through what we need.

Pros

Price for the amount of features

Cons

Reports don't export or print well

Response from Phipps Custom Solutions

Thanks for the feedback Sarah. Please contact us at [email protected] with details about which reports you would like to print differently. Are you aware that you can print any page from MinistryTracker.com by using the browser's print command. The headers, footers, and non important stuff disappears and you'll get a nicely printed page of just the main content - e.g. the report.

Most reports export to Excel or PDF but if there's another format you'd like please contact us at [email protected] and we'd be happy to take the feature request and see what can be done to improve your experience.