WorkWave Route Manager

Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great routing tool

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Overall, very pleased with WorkWave

Pros

GPS tracking and the ability for our customers to acknowledge delivery using the app.

Cons

We had to play around with the features to find out what works best for us. Also, we have to input a lot of information but that is to be expected I suppose

William M.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Love routing with Workwave!

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

Ever since utilizing WorkWave route manager as our routing software it has increased our efficiency dramatically. We were able to densify our routes with the comfort of knowing we will meet customer needs as well as stay compliant with shift duration restrictions we put on each vehicle. We were able to successfully launch up to 100+ new stores with minor complications logistically.

Pros

- Being able to put in customer receiving windows is absolutely stunning. This helps us ensure we meet every customer before they close and can provide accurate ETA's when running behind since the software calculates ETA's based on real time location via the GPS.
- Building simulations- this is where I work out routing logistics to figure out what days can accommodate new customer launches to the sales team
- The driver application is easy to use for our drivers and having the ability to get photos or BOL's/ issues/ setback and signatures is super helpful. We give user access to sales team to monitor the BOL's so we can bill accordingly.
- Importing and exporting are effortless. We can build spreadsheet with all the data of our routes which we enjoy very much.
- Ability to put shift duration restrictions on how much time a unit can be utilized for

Cons

- The reports are tricky to get the hang of and look bleak. We end up having to do a bit of extra work on our side to ensure the report data is correct and that we're retrieving what we need correctly.
- We don't have the ability to track temperature from the dashboard. WorkWave offers a 3rd party service for temperature tracking but it wasn't a fit for us
- That the breadcrumb limit is 3 hours. Extending this to upwards of 12 hours can be extremely useful to have full insight into the duration of a route.

Response from WorkWave

Hi William,

Thank you for your great review! We are so happy that Route Manager has been able to elevate your customers' and employees' experience. It is amazing that you were able to successfully launch up to 100+ new stores with minor complications logistically. We look forward to continuing our relationship with Bowery Farming!

Christine N.
Industry: Utilities
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

WorkWave upgrade

Reviewed on 2019/08/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Customer service is usually quick and easy. I understand the mandatory upgrade has nothing to do with the customer service aspect, so I will give high marks for the personal service.

Cons

WorkWave made a decision to do a mandatory upgrade as of 7/31/19. The old, working well, system was disabled. The new system is very unstable and loses information. In addition, it has doubled the time it takes to do my routing. The look and functionality is defiantly a step down.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Christine Thanks for your feedback. We are glad you have found success with our customer service team, but are sorry to hear about your experience with the look and functionality of the updated system. We are taking your feedback into consideration, and appreciate the valuable insight.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Jt E.

Route Management Made Easy

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

The on-boarding team and support have been great and helped us get ramped up fast.

Pros

We use WorkWave daily to map our routes and have been able to train all our team members and drivers in the tool. The tool saves us time and money by easily optimizing our routes.

Cons

The initial learning curve takes a little time because the tool is so feature rich.

Response from WorkWave

Hi JT,

Thank you for your great review! We are so happy that our tool saves you time and money by easily optimizing your routes, and that you had a great experience with our onboarding and support team. They are the backbone of WorkWave! We look forward to continuing our relationship with Pasture Provisions.

Nathan B.
Industry: Environmental Services
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A great tool for our operation

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

It has been a great improvement to our daily operation.

Pros

Having the ability to track and add to my daily routes real time is an asset to our operation. Also being able to track where my fleet is at all times is convenient.

Cons

Would be great to have text notifications included with basic service and not an add on service.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your great review! We are so happy you were able to improve your daily operations with Route Manager! We look forward to continuing our relationship with AGAT Laboratories.

Dana P.
Industry: Construction

Workwave Route Manager

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

Overall, we are pleased with Work wave. We are changing our scheduling structure and discussed looking for another program but all agree this one fits the best of any we have seen thus far for our unique needs.

Pros

We have shopped other products but this product seems to be the only one that fits our specific needs in the roofing industry. I like the aesthetically pleasing appearance, ease of use, and the fit for our industry.

Cons

I am noticing some time indiscrepancies in some areas (ex from our Seb branch to the Keys or our Ala branch to Panama City) the stated drive time is off by 45 minutes or so. When going from one chrome page to another and then coming back to my Workwave it will freeze for about a minute before we can proceed. Those are fairly small issues compared to the positives.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Dana,

Thank you for your great review! We are so happy that you find our interface aesthetically pleasing and easy to use! Our UI/UX designer is amazing. We look forward to continuing our relationship with Gulf Coast Supply!

Adam B.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Polycorr Limited

Reviewed on 2020/11/16

My customer contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is excellent. the webinars are good, the site info is brilliant.

The training videos could be used for us to download for internal training though?

will become expensive the more vehicles i have on the road.

Pros

It is easy to use, read and the functionality is good. wide range of different uses.

Cons

it would be good to have better reporting on useage, costings, per vehicle for KPIs -
a dashboard for the daily jobs on. this could be on a TV screen showing the routes and ETAs so people don't have to log in. its a display function. it could flick between the routes

Lynn B.
Industry: Utilities

Review WWRM

Reviewed on 2020/11/16

I have had great technical support every time I have reached out for help. Now, with their question analyst it is easy to get an answer even faster. The answers are usually simple and direct to the point. It is a quick way to research and find a solution on my own.

Pros

Mapping, Endpoints easy to add, 2 ways to review maps, spreadsheet feature easy to email out.

Cons

Importing spreadsheet with multiple sheets, open and closing to redo is annoying, time consuming when in a hurry.

Daril H.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Workwave Rating

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

Workwave has been extremely helpful for me, my old routing software use to take me 2hrs plus to complete my routing process. Using workwave takes me somewhere around 30mins to complete and the routing is more actuate

Pros

Pros for workwave,is that it's very user friendly and it helps me put mu drivers in a successful position routing wise.

Cons

From my experience using workware, there's no cons

Bart S.
Industry: Facilities Services
Company size: Self Employed

Single user for home inspections

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

The most helpful and cost saving is that WW saves me 8 + hours each and every week I use it

Pros

1. It saves e 8 to 10 hours every week.
2. the roughing is very easy and allows me to make changes when i need
3. down load direct to my GPS phone

Cons

1. It would be if I could call and get quick help on the things i for got and new that I need a little hand holding.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Bart,

Thank you for your great review! We are so happy that Route Manager saves you over 8 hours each week. That is incredible! We look forward to continuing our relationship with Starr Inspections!

Don V.
Industry: Warehousing

WorkWave Route Manager

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

It has been very good. If there are issues I can message and the replies are in good time frame.

Pros

The ease of transferring pertinent information for the delivery drivers to make their day easier.

Cons

Being able to find the proper location to change (permanent or temporarily) information for the runs I'm working on.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Don,

Thank you for your great review! We are so happy that Route Manager helps to make your delivery driver's days easier and more productive. We look forward to continuing our relationship with Bio-Ag Consultants & Distributors!

Christopher M.
Industry: Consumer Services

Plenty of features, easy to use, very flexible

Reviewed on 2020/10/22

Easy to use, works well.

Pros

It's got everything you need on the app and the website to make sure your routes are planned and any changes are easily made making reroutes simple.

Cons

Price. Competitors had similar features, albeit more difficult to use in some cases. Ultimately for what we needed, the price was the determining factor by around 25% per vehicle.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Christopher! Thank you for this great review of WorkWave Route Manager. We are so happy that you are finding success with the software and that it is helping you plan, change, and optimize routes with ease.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Evelyn S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

WorkWake in Healthcare

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

Better customer service

Pros

This product can be easily molded to match a variety of industries. For me it was used for route optimization for our Nurses who are out on the field. Each nurse had a login and was able to easily use the phone application.

Cons

When importing data into the website, it is hard to manipulate said data. There are a lot of restrictions with parameters that you would want placed.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Cindy H.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Viamente saved my sanity!

Reviewed on 2015/01/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The Viamente Route Planner software helped us tame a project that was loathed by many. Our team would have to load 2500 addresses into a map software that could not group routes on its own. We would have to draw boxes on our maps, zoom in to print the map and list of addresses, and then zoom back out. Then, we would repeat that process 250 times to give us 10 houses to a route. Viamente took the manual work out of it. It was able to group the houses into routes of 10 on its own and then provide us with a way to print maps and lists easily.

Cons

I was a little apprehensive about purchasing online software from a company so far away. However, the Viamente team discussed all my concerns with me and provided me with such great support. We have never regretted our purchase.

Simon G.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A great solution

Reviewed on 2020/10/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

currently the objective is to reduce the number of routes used to distribute our shipments by 30% this is totaly achievable and the optimization algorithms of Workwave are doing it.!!!

Pros

The software has all the needed features for secuencing and generating routes, it does the job, it really flexible and can be customized to every need.

Cons

Speed of optimization , lack of advanced filtering in routes, the more filtering options the better handlign of shipments.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Simon! Thank you so much for your great review. We are so happy you are finding success with WorkWave Route Manager, and that the software is helping you to achieve your goal of reducing the number of routes used to distribute your shipments by 30%!

Tiffany H.
Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Route Management at its finest!

Reviewed on 2016/12/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Our company was new to delivery and had many requirements for a routing program. Workwave/Viamente has met all of them. They are a fantastic company to work with. Not only do they have wonderful customer service, but they are always on top of new technology changes to ensure their application is one of the best.

Pros

Route Optimization
Ability to route from a remote location
User Friendly
Ease of Accessibility
Love the ability to add comments into a specific stop for any issues that may have arrived.

Cons

Only able to approve 3 days out, however this would not be a concern for most other users. We have pre-planned delivery orders so customers must place their order 4 days in advance.

Sergio M.

Mobtown Fermentation review of WorkWave

Reviewed on 2020/11/23

Overall a positive experience! Has been incredibly intuitive to learn the ins and outs of the program, and have not had issues with glitches or bugs.

Pros

I like how easily I can upload CVS files with all the routing data into the software.

Cons

I don't like that the GPS takes you to coordinates instead of the address. Has not been a big problem, just more of an annoyance.

Alex J.

Great organizational tool

Reviewed on 2016/11/09
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

At first I thought this program was easy to use and comprhensive, then as I started to play with it I realized all of the work it does is based on every little detail you include in it. This is where is becomes a little less user friendly because unless you have time to put into it, it will not give accurate times/routes according to your vehicles, traffic, etc. With that being said, if you do have the time to accumulate the information and input it into the program, it becomes a useful tool in building routes, dispatching routes, and communicating with the drivers. It is also Excel-friendly which is a big plus for my company.

Pros

Excel-friendly, information is easy to view, great organizational tool

Cons

Inputting every detail of information from traffic patterns to truck routes, etc.

Eileen S.
Industry: Building Materials

Great!

Reviewed on 2017/08/31

Makes my life easier and frees me up to do other things.

Pros

I like the fact that I know longer have to look up zip codes... WorkWave does it for me. Awesome customer support.

Jay T.
Industry: Real Estate

Not very happy at all

Reviewed on 2020/11/16

Pros

Usability is good, routing is easy to learn .

Cons

I don't like the idea of this product not functioning when it is open with other tabs in google chrome.
I have found a significant drop in performance when i have multiple tabs open and the suggestion from tech support was to open workwave in an incognito tab as opposed to a regular chrome tab . By using it like that forces me to use a different monitor. I have a 3 screen display and making one exclusively for work wave is problematic . When i asked the tech support agent about this and will this issue be corrected in the future , his reply was no . Based on that response i have gone to my ownership and suggested we shop for a better ,more suitable, alternative.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Joris K.

Excellent multi vehicle, multi stop route planning software with unrivaled customer support

Reviewed on 2015/01/02

We have been using Viamente for the past 2,5 years and everyday we are still happy that we found it! Currently we have a fleet of 15 vehicles that we use to delivery around 180 orders a day, all with their own unique requirements (delivery time slots, size, weight).
Viamente enables us to plan our routes in a matter of minutes (sometimes a little longer, as we may be constrained with the number of drivers to deliver all the orders).

Pros:
+ Intuitive interface to get both a broad and detailed overview for all the routes or a specific one.
+ You can send the resulting route by mail to your driver so they can see it on their smart phone before and during deliveries.
+ Truly scalable to hundreds of stops
+ Can handle multiple constraints extremely well (i.e. time slots, capacity of the delivery vehicles, speed of the vehicle/driver)
+ Unmatched excellent support that tries to understand and accomodate your specific needs. Have not met another software company with this type of support!!!

Cons:
- The mail that gets send to your drivers can not be customized, so it can not be company branded

Lucas B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Very poor customer service and faulty product

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

The experience has been horrible, we've been given misinformation and our account rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] could care less about us or anyone else as a customer, we definitely regret referring customers to Work Wave now

Pros

The ease of migration from Service CEO to this product

Cons

The product is complicated to use, search features are limited, and many lists don't even return basic results.

Response from WorkWave

Hi Lucas - Thanks for the review, and we are sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with Route Manager. Our customer experience is always our top priority, and will be passing this feedback along to our product team.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Elaine H.

Saves Time and Fuel

Reviewed on 2014/07/24

We are a service company calling on many business during the day, this tool allows me to accurately calculate what is achievable in a day, thus saving my business time and unnecessary fuel wastage. We arrive at our customers premises when we say we will be there, proving our efficiency in the eyes of the customer and raising our profile - now l can truly say we would be lost without it! Now all customers calls are completed in the one day, Routing to specific sites within open times, it really does make life easy if you are a service manger and l would recommend Viamente as it has multi route and allow for time restrictions which is difficult to calculate manually, The biggest benefits are time savings, both for me working out the routes and for the service drivers, in addition uploading the routes to your gps is superb, being able to download the map as well, showing the route is also very useful, lets face it we drive on very busy roads and software like this adds to service drivers safety as it automates the routes and calls.

Jeff B.

Great partner and great technology

Reviewed on 2015/01/05

We've been working with Viamente for over 2 years now, and have been continually impressed with their level of service and technology.

In terms of technology, we've heavily used both their web interface and API, and each has worked just as expected. The web interface has been intuitive for our employees, and the API easy to integrate with. As such, what started out as just a way to aid our drivers on pre-existing routes , Viamente has now become a central component of our online grocery delivery infrastructure.

Though the service has been stable and performant, whenever we've needed any support, their team has been extremely responsive with any issues that have arisen, and as our service has grown, they've always been willing to work with us to figure out the best way to work together.

Looking forward to a continued relationship!

Kyle B.
Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

WorkWave is good but lacks ease-of-use

Reviewed on 2018/12/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

WorkWave has an incredible suite of features including multiple drivers/vehicles, a mobile app, real-time vehicle GPS tracking, and driver scheduling.

Cons

The software had very deep functionality but the training that was offered was not that helpful (nor was it cheap). Compared to some of the other web-based routing platforms, WW has an old UI/UX and is not intuitive.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10