RICS Software Reviews

RICS Software

POS with inventory management, reporting tools, live support

4.3/5 (19 reviews)
Joel M.

Outstanding Technical Support during Annual POS Workstation updates

Reviewed on 2015/09/01
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It is great to know that each year we are able to work with a product that is stable and consistent in appearance and function. We have had minimal configuration issues when setting up and updating our POS Workstations each Halloween season. What few issues we do run into a rapidly resolved and then the RICS Tech team enables us to fix and manages those issues on our own if we wish. This helps us make the best use of our time in getting our workstations updated.

Cons

I have no complaints about the product of the technical support we have received.

Great POS software

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

It was great as it was a perfect software tool to manage a retail store.

Pros

I worked for a New Balance store who used RICS as their POS software for front and back of house operations. Being able to manage inventory, place orders, look up items and even track sales was just so easy with this software.

Cons

It did have some limits which could be more available now, but I don't work for that company anymore so I can't comment. I do know that it's older version was available for NB stores.

Kevin C.

RICS Software Review

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The software is very easy to use at the POS and the back office. RICS continues to be a good partner and takes on new initiatives as a partnership and that is important.

Cons

The reporting needs more flexibility, need to be able to query multiple items in one report versus pulling items from separate areas and combing them via excel or CSV.

Molly J.

Great Experience allowing us to grow our business!

Reviewed on 2015/11/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Up to the minute access to our sales and inventory details. Great Customer Service. Also love that our vendors can upload information on SKU's and UPC's, saving us time and money.

Cons

Keeping up with technology is a constant battle although RICS does a great job of giving us new tools all the time. I would love to have a CRM tool built into RICS for marketing purposes.

Grant F.

I have had an overall positive experience using RICS

Reviewed on 2015/11/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Each system isn't without its challenges but the support team at RICS has been great to work with and have helped us through any situation, no matter how large or trivial.

Cons

There are a variety of nuances with each program and it is a matter of learning the software before you're comfortable. I'm comfortable enough with RICS that there aren't any detrimental drawbacks.

Kelly O.

Went live with RICS July 9, 2012. It changed how we do business.

Reviewed on 2015/11/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The ability to have accurate data to make sound purchasing and inventory control decisions.

Cons

Inability to integrate our rewards program in with online sales. The platform was not written for IOS. Hardware has not kept up with todays needs, no clean mobile sales option.

6.0/10
Shelby Y.

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 2017/10/13

Pros

The RICS software was very easy to catch on to. The device itself, worked great most of the time. If I had any issues with it I was able to log onto another device with ease and continue my job where I left off. I really liked that there was an optional finger scanner. It helped me with my speed and accuracy when taking inventory. I didn't work with the reports from the product that I was taking inventory for, but it seemed very simple for my managers. Any time that we had issues with RICS customer support was very attentive and helpful.

Sandra S.

Great Experience

Reviewed on 2015/11/17
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The software is easy to use. The sales and Inventory reports contain all the necessary metrics to help make smart business decisions.
The RICS team is great! They work closely with their clients to help find solutions within the software.

Cons

The only issue I have with the software is that you cannot cancel a report once it has begun running.

Julie B.

RICS is a great business solution

Reviewed on 2015/12/15
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The RICS team went out of their way to truly understand our unique business model and help us find ways to adapt their system to our needs.

Cons

The few things we had problems with the RICS team worked diligently to correct and those things are no longer issues.

Suzie E.

Overall a disappointment

Reviewed on 2018/01/18
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Ability to do multiple things. It allows you to create PO's, allows for (the worlds worst) inventory management, and gives you multiple store ability.

Cons

Product says its ideal for retail/inventory management but you can't even upload images of inventory-HUGELY INCONVENIENT. There is no ability to turn a product "off" or make it dormant if you no longer carry a product or it was a limited edition item- I don't want to delete it all together for reporting/look up purposes but I don't need it in my main inventory. Horrible look to the system- not easy on the eyes. Hard to search/look up inventory; I'd like a "cover all" search option added. not just by SKU or Brand or color or description. Rics just seems overall outdated.

Bob R.

up to date

Reviewed on 2018/07/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

up to date access to anything and everything, nice that vendors can upload on their end also, anything to save time helps

Cons

once you learn all the ins and outs of the program, then it becomes easy, but it can be hard to figure that out in the beginning

Lea B.

Pleasantly surprised by ease of use and functionality

Reviewed on 2014/07/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The POS module is very intuitive and easy to learn then utilize. The reporting capabilities are excellent for either a small business like mine or larger enterprises. I can now provide much improved customer satisfaction and manage my inventory. All the people from sales, training, and support are excellent to work with.

Cons

I haven't found anything negative about my experience thus far.

Peter A.

I manage the relationship between RICS software and the New Balance Licensed Stores.

Reviewed on 2015/11/12

Overall, my experience with the RICS team has been very positive. Both organizations have created a close partnership over the years. Our initiatives and strategies have been embraced by RICS and we continue to work collaboratively. I look forward to achieving our goals and confident that we will continue to grow our businesses together.

David C.

I have worked with RICS software for over 5 years and found it the best value

Reviewed on 2015/11/11

The system has evolved over the last 5 years, but what I found, all along is the commitment to what is fair to the retailer. when issues do come up, They are the first to admit mistakes but also take a can do attitude to make it right.
It has been a pleasure working with RICS. We consider them a strategic partner.

James B.

Lately there seems to be problems popping on a regular bases.

Reviewed on 2015/11/02

At times I wonder if I'm the only one that has problems with Rics . The hardware for the system has problems that I've brought to your attention numerous times. Zebra printer will not print jewelry labels. Partners pole display looses connection and your tech support was unable to fix so I have to call in my computer repair man to figure it out and fix it at my cost. Xcharge has been a headache with cards not reading. Talked to Global credit cards and they seem to think it is on your end and you say its on their end. These are three problems that have been there since switching to Rics Enterprise years ago. I have been very patient , but these things need to be addressed.

Karoline J.

Better than Quickbooks POS! Great Reporting!!

Reviewed on 2015/09/08
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I have support during my business hours and they speak clear English. Reporting is very detailed and organized compared to my past products and my time receiving has been cut down over 50%!

Cons

With their recent updates I seem to keep coming across LOTS of "bugs".

Nicole C.

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2015/11/18

Overall experience with Rics has been great! The POS and back office are very user friendly and intuitive. Their customer service is their strength. As our company grows, they have become a strategic partner.

Bob K.

RICS is a robust POS software which gives us the flexibility we need as a small business.

Reviewed on 2015/11/12

All software has periodic bugs and issues. When this occurs RICS customer support works diligently to solve the issue and get us back up and running.

Stephanie G.

We have had this software for decades- since the beginning and I find it endlessly frustrating.

Reviewed on 2015/11/02

While I'm sure every software system has its quirks. It seems every solution they devise is one step forward- 2 steps back.
There are so many glitches in the system and I have mostly given up on calling or emailing for a solution because I'm usually told, 'it isn't a problem.' Well I'm in customer service and I think that if I think it is a problem, it is a problem.