Streamtime

Project & task management for creative teams and businesses

Luke
Luke
  • Industry: Design

Streamtime does everything we need, the UI is fantastic and the support is very personal and...

Reviewed on 2018/01/22

Such an efficient piece of software, it is beautifully designed so we actually like using it and tracking time is no longer a chore.

Pros

That I can do everything in the one piece of software in a user friendly way. Quoting, invoicing, project management, scheduling, reporting. It's all there without being overwhelming.

Cons

Would love to see some to-do list style integration. Sometimes I don't realise the full power of new features, but the emails I now get from Streamtime announcing updates have great videos and instructions so it isn't an issue anymore.

Jay
  • Industry: Graphic Design

A perfect fit for a creative agency

Reviewed on 2021/03/05

The Streamtime team has been extremely patient throughout our unusually long sales cycle. They have consistently been experts in the functionality of the app, willing to take the time to develop innovative solutions to our (potentially unrealistic) demands.

So far, the app has proven to fill the financial and real-time profitability capabilities we did not have in our previous system, improving the time recording process while maintaining high quality resource allocation/management functionality.

Pros

The innovative design and thought process for managing job workflow is unique in a very crowded category. Developed for the Creative environment, it changes the focus of project management from filling out multiple screens and forms to a more modern, user-friendly, intuitive interface. Evolving the time sheet to a To Do list could be evolutionary in the struggle to accurately capture time.

Cons

Too soon to say as we are starting the implementation process but would be nice to have approval/markup & sign off capability for creative internally & with clients.

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

Reduce duplication of effort, Increase efficiency & accuracy, Improve communications

Reasons for Switching to Streamtime

Streamtime checked all of the critical boxes, had an innovative approach & design and was competitively priced.
Ronane

About Streamtime

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Pros

> the simplicity
> the cool look and feel
> the smart way to filter, choose the columns and save my favorites (but sometimes there are so much possibilities that we can get lost)

Cons

> CRM (teamleader should be a good inspiration)
> the lake of flexibility (personnalized templates > cfr teamleader as well !-)
> the difficulty to use the schedule

Jordan

Awesome

Reviewed on 2019/10/01

Brilliant. Love it. I just wish I could afford to put every member of the team on it.

Customer...

Customer service is great, content and added extras (webinars, emailers etc) are helpful and interesting and the product itself is always being updated and made better.

Pros

Coming from a larger agency that used a number of different timesheet, forecasting and scheduling applications I was able to shift all my project planning into one app that is really fun to use.

It has been instrumental in the way I am learning to cost jobs, write proposals and get on top of my workload on a day to day basis.

Cons

Lack of android app and the mobile site being a bit clunky making it difficult to work with it on the go. It's little buggy here and there when on desktop.

Lack of template customisation and saving for invoices, quotes etc.

Chris

Outstanding

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Outstanding.

Outstanding.

Pros

It's helped me get much more organised and productive as a creative professional.
Their understanding of what it takes to be a modern brand and the value they've placed in the design and the smallest details of their product is inspiring. The staff are excellent and do all they can to help you. I've found the people behind it are very passionate about continuing to improve.

Cons

Not much. It's a little bit of a learning curve to get used to but isn't everything? The opportunity to be creative with it would be nice. Invoices that you generate are a little limiting, but is probably a necessary limitation.

You'll understand why you need it after week 2

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

Organizing workflow has been something we've tried to fix for quite some time. Now other stakeholders can see what we have on our schedules and plan their deadlines accordingly. Streamtimes like a digital traffic manager.

Pros

I love how easy it is to manage outstanding tasks. We usually have a list of occurring jobs as well as new jobs that come in. Scheduling them and tracking back saved me so many times. It's become out primary workflow tool in our company (replacing an Excel doc).

Cons

I really don't like the fact that there's still no android application. But more serious if there are a huge list of open jobs, you tend to forget to scroll to find the rest.

Adam
  • Industry: Design

Revolutionises our business... everyday!

Reviewed on 2019/05/22

They have always been incredibly supportive and responsive and our business relationship of over 8 years has been one of our most collaborative, for what is essentially just a software.

Pros

User friendliness, efficiency and the fact that it is designed by designers for design savvy people.

Cons

The shift to the new version was touch from the old one - but it is so much better it was worth the effort to re-learn our processes and systems.

Kristy
Kristy
  • Industry: Design

Beautiful to use and really lovely support

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

Love Streamtime and hope they can expand the timeline option further. I would highly recommend to anyone.

Pros

I really like how personable the product is, I love your live-streams and I love the interface. The UI is super easy to use and it integrates well with accounting systems

Cons

As I do not have the premium version, I am able to create timelines

Sue
Sue
  • Industry: Legal Services

21st Century Butler

Reviewed on 2019/01/28

It did make scheduling and maintaining to-do tasks/lists much easier, especially given many options in moving and changing the tasks without much hassle. The drop and drag options really elevates the kick I get from finishing/completing my tasks on time. Definitely a fun and an efficient way of keeping track of your work and responsibilities without it being made dull of an event.

Pros

Easy to use app that is aesthetically pleasing enough to make the chores and to-do lists less bore! Scheduling, reminders and to-do lists all in one app, (with many more options such as invoicing for us professionals!)

Cons

It was a trial run for me from the beginning, with having to self learn many options, wish there were some self-help videos. However I do believe most apps require that kind of investment to familiarise oneself with its functions.

Response from Streamtime

Thanks Sue, We can't find your company or yourself in our system to reach out but we do have a lot of self help videos at help.streamtime.net and on our vimeo channel. We also offer free one on one's if you prefer.

Great you're loving the drag and drop time sheets too :)

Favio
Favio
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Easy to user interface and perfect management system

Reviewed on 2022/11/26

It has helped me orginize my team before starting our projects, and once they have started we were able to control them and ensure they were on track

Pros

It is a good software to track tasks in calendar, helpful to project management and allocate resources in the lookahead for every project.

Cons

There are some elements in the interface that are not the most intuitive. Not everyone, just a few.

Paull

Streamtime contains everything we need to know about our projects, clients and suppliers.

Reviewed on 2018/02/12

Helps us to keep track of project progress and manage a job from quote through to invoice.

Pros

We have been using Streamtime for a number of years and the cloud-based platform is a vast improvement on previous iterations. It is very straightforward to log in and check the status on individual projects. You can easily add a new stage to a job, revise a quote, then send it off to the client for approval. One thing I really like about that process is having the client `approve a quote by clicking the button (although many of them don't seem to bother!).

Support is good, always get a good response from the development team service is a key differentiator for me.

Cons

Generally speaking the system is quite intuitive, but there are some elements of the interface that are not immediately clear the USED / PLANNED figures in the budget section of a quote, for example. That doesn't make sense to me, I think the total should include also include expenses, that would give us a running total that tell you when you've overspent.

I haven't managed to output any useful reports as yet, but that might be because I haven't spent much time looking at that area. On the old Filemaker system I used to output reports that would give you a good indication of job performance.

There are some nuances that give rise to frustration now and again. There are instances when you think, it would be really useful if I could add a new contact at this point (rather than come out of the job and return to the Contacts area) does that make sense

Response from Streamtime

Thanks for the review Paul, We're looking at how we can improve that data on the job screen to better reflect the used / planned better.

Bianca

A new level of productivity, self management and visibility from our team

Reviewed on 2021/08/04

The ability to filter reporting data is fantastic. We couldn't easily calculate profitability and performance levels before, and it's highlighted and helped us improve those things really quickly now that we can see what's going on!

Pros

the ability to set up pre populated project templates, products, and rate cards. This speeds up a lot of our admin tasks associated with setting up projects.
Followed by the ease and clarity of the time and expense tracking against the quotes, and the filtering of information so we can report on all the important things we need to know for business profitability and good client experiences.

Cons

It would be great to have the contact details of the project Contact automatically visible in the project vs just their name. then we wouldn't have to copy and paste them into the project or open another tab to view their contact details while working on the project.

It would also be great if quotes with our messages automatically got sent to the person who's sending them, and there was a pdf attachment the client could reference at a future date if we edited the quote for any reason.

Sam
  • Industry: Design

Best project management and invoicing app for creatives

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

Exponential learning curve from day 1 with high satisfaction on-coming. Support and help is also fantastic and responsive. As a front-end designer and developer I use the 'to do' section the most and it is definitely one of my favourites. Scheduling the tasks for the day or ahead for the week is a breeze - it's also great to be able to see in a few clicks what your team mates have planned for the week/day.

Pros

I like the ajax interface and the simple UX design feeling
Constantly updated with new features
Behaves nimble even with loads of data
Lot's of drag and drop and nice intuitive features

Cons

Hard to think of anything to be honest. Maybe the time it took to adjust coming from a previous platform with a conventional structure. As things just work differently in Streamtime (in a positive sense) it takes some time to adjust to get the jist for it.

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

StreamTime

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Great software and best/easy way to track time and expenses that I have came across so far in my career!

Pros

I find streamtime very user friendly and super fast to pick up for any firm. I have recommended it to my girlfirends design firm to use as their current way of tracking time is very inefficient.

Cons

I wish streamtime had a way at the bottom to see the total time of work I put in per day after I have already logged it. It works great when it is unlogged and I can look in the right corner in the to do number but once I log it, there is no way of me knowing unless I add up my time on my own. I like the weekly total breakdown on the write but I wish there was a daily number under each day!

Response from Streamtime

Hi Ryan, thanks for your review! Just letting you know that if you pick up and drag that black divider bar on your TO DO screen you will see the total hours tracked per day.

Cheers!
Aaron

Russell
  • Industry: Design

Bottom line, switching to Streamtime has made us money.

Reviewed on 2017/08/16

It's made us work more efficiently. It's allowed to plan projects better. It has improved our profitability on jobs.

Pros

It's improved our working practises. Putting all our planning and measuring tools in one easy/fun to use interface has improved our efficiency and accuracy no end. We now quote more accurately and quickly. This then seamlessly turns into the planning of the job. Then that plan becomes a to do list for our designers, replacing our previously inaccurate live timesheet. All and every detail of a job's time and cost can then be analysed and improved for next time. What more could you want. Firing the quote straight up to Xero to invoice would be perfect. Well it does that too.

Cons

Sometime page loads are a little laggy.
Schedule page is new and still has a little way to go before it is truly intuitive

Response from Streamtime

Thanks Russell.

Every couple of weeks we add more performance increases and our updated Scheduling is very close to going live so I'm keen to get that in your hands.

Cheers!

Carla

Beautiful & Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

Planning & time tracking has been accounted for and made extremely easy for creatives to input. Also allows account service to track where project more effectively.

Pros

Aesthetically pleasing & intuitive to use.

Cons

Nothing really, but if I had to say 1 thing - there could be some more client interfacing functions & features eg. Exportable Project Timelines.

Wrike

Reasons for Choosing Streamtime

The old streamtime wasn't being utilized properly and was completely overdeveloped.

Reasons for Switching to Streamtime

Streamtime is more aesthetically pleasing
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Great app, with an excellent team that listen to you needs behind it

Reviewed on 2018/02/12

It's allowed us to update our very old system into a user-friendly online tool that all of our staff can use.

Pros

Easy of use has to be the foremost, love the planning as it's quick and easy for both management and staff.

Cons

I think the only things that we currently need is:
1. Forecasting within the StreamTime,
2. Billing in different currencies,
3. True Purchase Orders; and
4. It would be great if we could add different qty's into an expense, so one item could have Qty of 100, 200, 300 etc. Also I would love to be able to add lines to a quote, so an expense could have the unit price on one line, delivery on another and setup on another (for example).
5. Also the possibility to duplicate items or expenses as well as being able to delete them. Would make quoting much easier

Laura
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Beautiful design, functional features - Streamtime has it all

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

It streamlined all our planning. It's our one-stop shop for all things projects. We run through it every morning with the team and rely on it as our source of truth.

Pros

We love the To Do list, makes time sheets a breeze.
Moving through the different functionalities (project planning, quoting, invoicing, reconciling, timesheet reports) is simple - and beautiful!.

Cons

If you need to work on complex quotes for series of similar projects, ST is not your best bet.
Streamtime is a fabulous source of data, but I still rely on spreadsheets for accurate reporting.

Rusty
  • Industry: Design

We've been using Streamtime for the past 6 months, & it is THE best studio management tool out...

Reviewed on 2017/08/01

Better studio management. More effective use of planned budgets. More efficiency in admin and invoicing. Seamless integration into our own internal studio process. Best of all its a great user experience and looks great too.

Pros

The ability to be able to plan projects, see costs and hours, assign to team members, track hours and invoice makes it perfect for our studio. The combination of being able to schedule teams hours, easily see availability and manage your own time in a seamless and visually engaging way is awesome. When I say engaging, I mean it's beautifully designed for a great experience in a task that's usually boring and painful.

Cons

There is very little to not like about Streamtime. The only small problem is not being able to have non-billable hours that don't have a dollar value assigned to it. But seriously, not enough to make us break a sweat

• Industry: Hospitality

We've started to use streamtime about two years ago and since then have grown with the product...

Reviewed on 2018/02/09

Pros

style, design, usability - I also appreciate the assistance by the customer support and that streamtime always keeps innovating

Cons

We were in contact with customer support several times and most request were fulfilled. Where we still see difficulties is in changing currencies (we are charging different currencies to different global clients) as well as in adding team members solely for some projects (NOT being able to see all the other projects we are working on).

Matthias

Improvement of productivity

Reviewed on 2019/10/06

for sole trader like me it has vastly improved the administrative productivity. The ease and integration to record time/expense, quote and invoice accurately has provided me with assurance and confidence.

Pros

The interface is perfectly design and simple to navigate . The full cycle of administrative tasks (job capture, quoting, reporting and invoicing) can be execute smoothly and intuitively.

Cons

The job numbering should be sorted by numerical value/alphabetical order foremost and not be influenced by length of the job number

Stephanie
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Elegant, intuitive tool with astounding level of customer support

Reviewed on 2020/05/01

Pros

The dashboard is elegant, easily customised and enjoyable to use. But perhaps most of all, we love the personalised and dedicated after-sales support, as well as the constant product improvements. This makes it exciting, reassuring and valuable to use from a customer perspective. Truly unlike any other project management tool

Cons

Like with any new application, it takes a while to learn how to use as it's quite sophisticated. However, the pain of the learning curve was offset by the support we received.

Best Creative Studio Management Software

Reviewed on 2019/10/31

Pros

Well designed. Great support, regular updates and new features. Does time tracking/studio management better than anything else. The development team seem to be very responsive to the feedback and requests from users.

Cons

The project management/scheduling really requires a dedicated studio manager to implement. If you're a small studio and find yourself spinning a lot of plates already the premium features tend to require more time to fully take advantage. That said, it's a great feature if you can dedicate the time to plan everything out.

Craig

Long time user

Reviewed on 2020/06/09

I’ve used Streamtime since 2010 and have always had great support. The software is great and scaleable from freelance solo work to managing teams and offices.

Pros

It's constantly evolving and improving. Always staying ahead like the adapting the environment to cloud based deployment and mobile app.

Cons

The migration away from classic to the new cloud based version. But we are over that now.

Cherise

A thoughtfully designed time saver

Reviewed on 2016/12/08

The ease of use, functionality and beautiful design of this product ensures there is no reasonable excuse for being disorganised when it comes to workflow.

Streamtime makes job and time management a simple task to enable my studio to spend their valuable time in design rather than administration. The weekly view feature allows for realistic targets for jobs to be maintained rather than the 'wishful thinking' format of my working past. The ease of seeing all team members schedules enables job distribution and tracking streamlines the approach to office time management.

Streamtime has re-introduced me to a better way of working blocks of time rather than small snippets which are ultimately time wasting. I feel more in control of my time and therefore job schedules.

I look forward to a long term relationship with Streamtime and the program developments that will come with time.

Pros

The Streamtime team seem very receptive to comments on improvement or issues I may have had. I am always incredibly impressed by their personal response.

This program is so simple to use it thankfully avoids the lengthy customisation time often required of other similar products on the market.

Cons

The lack of timer originally seemed quite a frustrating element. After using this feature for a period of time I feel it has improved my way of working.

Response from Streamtime

Hey Cherise, I'm so glad your life has changed now you've ditched your stopwatch timer on jobs :) Its the future.. Humans not Robots.