Optimum HR by Optimum Solutions

Online Human Resources software with common database support

Calixto R.

Optimum Soluitions

Reviewed on 2016/03/22

Overall, Optimum Solutions provides a phenomenal HR/Payroll program that is easy to use. With respect to "pros", Optimum Solutions' customer services is outstanding - particularly Mr. Dave Collazo; who is always there to assist me with any questions I may have. Should he not be immediately available, he is always good at returning my phone calls and/or answering my emails.

The only con that I can think of regarding Optimum is the many bugs that seem to pop up from time to time. For example, on PTO cash-outs, any amount of hours cashed is not automatically deducted from the PTO bank; thereby requiring that I manually deduct the hours cashed-out. Also, for some unknown reason, we always receive a scheduling error on Saturdays and Sundays; which also require manual correction. Please note that there are other minor bugs - nothing we can't cope with; but it would be nice if the errors could be eliminated. Several copies of our database have been sent to Optimum with no avail.

In light of these minor issues, I still continue to praise Optimum and its customer service; and will recommend it to anyone looking for HR/payroll software.

Thanks!!!

- Cal.

Amanda K.

User Review

Reviewed on 2015/01/19

Our company as been utilizing Optimum Solutions for payroll since 2012. Our company includes 28 locations, 10 states and 6,000 associates. Payroll is completed at each location and the corporate office (myself) handles the state and suta files, w-2's etc. Optimum seems to work ok for our company except for a few glitches here and there. The part I would like to see improvement on is the customer service. Most of our other companies/third part administrators have a very good understanding of our company and how we operate. I would like to see that from Optimum. When I call with an issue, I don't want to have to explain how we operate and all of the little details. I would like to see our representative know everything about our company and be able to answer a question quickly and give insight on what would be best for our company. I realize we aren't the only company our representative takes care of but I think it would be a huge improvement. Thanks!

Annette S.

Nextek's Review of Optimum Solutions

Reviewed on 2012/04/16

Our company has been using Optimum since 2007. Optimum is a great cost effective tool which has allowed us to continue generating payroll in house. They are always open to suggestions on how to improve current features as well as suggest new ones. The support staff is knowledgeable and eager to help. They have great implementation teams that walk you through every step of the system set-up. I highly recommend Optimum Solutions software for all your Payroll or Human Resources needs.

Pros

HR, Payroll, and Time and Attendance are fully integrated. It's easy to use and the support staff are great. Optimum offers an annual conference for their users which allows you to attend classes and interact with other users. Optimum stays on top of Payroll Law changes and implements updates to the system as needed.

Cons

Not all the reports have sort functions and some have limted sort functions.

Eric G.

Ajax Turner Company

Reviewed on 2012/04/19

I have and will continue to recommend OSI to any person that will listen. The relationship Ajax Turner Company, and myself personally, has built with OSI has been an enjoyable and educational experience.

Pros

Customer Service is OUTSTANDING. The customer support team is cooperative, attentive, and can speak on my level. They can be creative in developing solutions to issues whether major or minor.

Cons

With version 6.3, we have recently experienced a limitation with non-taxable pay codes. As our needs have grown over the past several years, OSI has been able to meet those needs each time except for this most recent event.

Charis A.

User Friendly Optimum Payroll

Reviewed on 2016/03/14

Easy to learn and use. Lots of options to choose from for reporting purposes. ACA Reporting feature is top notch.

When entering information into the fields, I would like to see more sticktoitivity. If you place your mouse in a field, click there to enter the information but then move your mouse ever so slightly, you are no longer typing in that particular field. You are typing in la la land. I would like to be able to click in a field and have the cursor stay there unless I tab or click in another field.

Kathy J.

Easy to use software and great customer service

Reviewed on 2015/12/05

I have been using the software for 15 years and find it easy to use and train employees to use. We use the green screen version and we are able to customize it to our needs. Customer service is always quick to respond to help with anything big or small.

We utilize Time and Attendance, Payroll, HR and ESS for our employees. We no longer print check stubs as the system allows for emailing check information and the ESS system allows them to print and view all check stubs and W-2 information.

John J.

Life with Optimum

Reviewed on 2015/01/28

I have used the Optimum Payroll, T&A and HR software for the last four years. With over 38 years experience in accounting my exposure to various programs is extensive. My experience with Optimum has been nothing but outstanding. Their support staff has always gone out of their way to assist in my operations. Especially in keeping me up to date with payroll changes and using Optimum in the most efficient manner. They have made my life easy in a complex and constantly changing environment.

Krist H.

Payroll at it's Simplest !!!

Reviewed on 2016/02/25

Payroll is complicated but with OSI they walk you through the implementation. You have to remember as you are using OSI that it is NOT your previous payroll software because they make it easier. I found in the beginning I was trying to make it work like my old software and it created more time and frustration for me. Once I realized that OSI is less complicated and more streamline I signed a relief and never looked back!

Tammy D.

We currently use Optimum for Payroll and also Time and Attendence

Reviewed on 2015/12/02

We have been using the software for four years now and it continues to get better as we go. This is so much faster than our previous payroll system and the Time and Attendance allows our supervisors to be able to manage their own departments which has saved so much time for HR and Payroll to do other things. Anytime we have an issue the Optimum team is quick to respond.

Beverly B.

I have found Optimum software to be user friendly.

Reviewed on 2016/03/22

Pros - user friendly, great support team; friendly, knowledgeable, resolves problems quickly.
The ability to create additional reports utilizing excel is an additional advantage.

Cons - updates sometimes include new reports. It would be helpful to have instructions on those new reports such as the ACA Minimum Essential Coverage report.

Teri Z.

PAYROLL IMPERIAL/VW/SAR/AF

Reviewed on 2016/03/16

Have used this software for over 18 years, have always felt their customer service support is excellent. I changed the platform to their Windows series in 2010 and love how user friendly it is. I wish some of the basic reports were more detailed since I don't have the best IT help here to design my own reports.

Brad W.

OPTIMUM REVIEW

Reviewed on 2016/03/11

Great support during and after implementation, single database, easy to use, built for future growth, they listen to customer suggestions

Lack of on-boarding workflow, no dashboard views

Susan B.

Happy Payroll Specialist!

Reviewed on 2016/03/14

The software and it's support team are bar none, The Best! The product is easy to learn and use. The support team continually goes above and beyond my expectations.

Leanna C.

Scheduling drama

Reviewed on 2016/03/14

From the beginning (2008) we believed this product would be an upgrade from the product we were currently using. However, we found out shortly after we started training that it was in fact way behind the product we had been using. That was a bit frustrating for me. We have 250+ employees and the ease of the Time and Attendance portion of your product was not very useful. It still takes longer than I would like to edit the punches and make changes to the employee time cards. The schedules don't allow a lot of wiggle room. (ex. if the employee takes a lunch earlier or later than "scheduled" it appears on 2 lines and becomes an edit, and the same with the in punch too early or outside the "schedule" it becomes an edit.)
The payroll processing it super good especially if you have automatic times cards with I do for my machine shop. And the supervisor payroll is all automatic so they are pretty much error free. I have issues of using the Rate Table for our insurance premiums and then when the employee doesn't make the entire premium payment, I have to run an entirely different report to see that. I would like to see it print on the deduction deviation report along with the other benefits and deductions that does not get taken from the employee check it would just make sense that way. This Software is always trial and error and has been from the beginning. Improvements are coming often and I would really like to see it all become more user friendly and less time consuming.

Donna B.

H & M WAGNER REVIEW

Reviewed on 2012/04/16

We would highly recommend Optimum Solutions to any business!

Pros

We have found Optimum Solutions Payroll to be very user friendly. We especally like the time and attendance application. It is so nice to be able to pull down any report we need with no problem, and if we need to put it into a spreadsheet it's very simple to do. Our customer service rep., Whitney is very helpful and friendly and always gets back to us in a timely manner. I would highly recommmend Optimum Solutions to any business.

Cons

We have no Cons to report.

Bradley C.

Great HR and Payroll software; It gets the job done!

Reviewed on 2016/03/15

PROS:
Once set up it flows through processes very well. It is very flexible in getting data to other outside applications and updates are timely.

Every problem I have had has been dealt with quickly and effectively. Even if regular support was insufficiently equipped to solve an issue there has been no hesitation or time lost in getting someone that knew the deeper ins-and-outs of the software.

CONS:
Sometimes when calculating pay (100+ employees) it runs a little slow. The organization of some of the different sections and areas seems a little convoluted in places as well.

Elizabeth F.

Company Review

Reviewed on 2015/01/20

Optimum Solutions is a great Human Resources and Payroll software provider. They are on the cutting edge in the field of H/R and Payroll software. They stay abreast of all the legislative changes and they are very responsive to me overall. They have the best customer support of any company that I have ever dealt with. I would recommend them to any company large or small that is looking for a H/R and Payroll software provider.

Cathy S.

Software is pretty easy to use. Customer service helps with any problems.

Reviewed on 2016/03/16

A little tough getting Time and Attendance set up, but once we tweaked some settings everything works fine. Payroll runs smoothly too.
I did have trouble with the Affordable Care Act Data Collection feature in 2015. It would lock up if I tried to delete the code or employee cost in the all 12 months column. Or if I tried to delete the employee cost in any of the monthly columns.

Lori B.

Love Optimum Payroll

Reviewed on 2016/03/14

Susan Warren is our go to person at Optimum HRIS and we could not be happier. She is extremely knowledgeable of the product and just so happens to be one of the nicest customer service representatives I have ever worked with. She is always willing to go the extra miles for us. There has never been a problem that she could not solve for us. We love our Optimum HRIS system!

Cheryl H.

Over 5 years of experience with this software processing in-house payroll.

Reviewed on 2016/03/15

I have been quite please with this software and how it allows you to process your payroll in-house with ease and confidence in the accuracy. Their Customer service is quick to respond and resolve any issues (although issues are rare).

Dolly B.

Good product for small or large company

Reviewed on 2016/03/11

When I was hired here this system was in place but not done to what I liked, through the help on Optimum's customer service it is now a very easy program to use.

Timothy H.

The people at optimum are wonderful. Debra VanFleet has been a joy to work with.

Reviewed on 2016/03/30

I don't really have any cons. But the pro's are too many to count. The product is better than any that we have used previously. The staff is wonderful.

Kecia F.

Love Optimum Solutions

Reviewed on 2016/03/17

This program far exceeded my expectations for payroll software.

Francine G.

i am not computer literate but this is a fairly program to follow.

Reviewed on 2016/03/14

As I said above this is a fairly program to follow

Kathy G.

Optimum Solutions Payroll

Reviewed on 2015/01/27

I really enjoy Optimum Payroll. It is user friendly. When you need support you just send and e-mail or call whichever you prefer and if you don't get them immediately they are very good about getting back with you in a timely manner. The people are friendly, courteous and helpful.

The only thing I don't like about it is that when you go to change something technical you will probably have to change things in several different place so I usually have to call support to make sure I haven't forgotten something, but the everyday running payroll and working with employees is very straight forward.

Overall I would say that it has certainly been a step up for us and I have enjoyed using it now for three years. There is a report for anything you want or need and they make saving electronically as simple as printing to hardcopy, so I save more than I print and that is a plus all the way around.