Nextpoint

Smart, cloud-based ediscovery software with NO data fees.

Greg E.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Beats law firm stalwarts hands down

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

Overall Nextpoint is just as capable, if not more capable, as Relativity. Having spent many years setting up, running, and working with reviews using Relativity, Nextpoint is far easier to use and manage. It's search functionality is also excellent, one of the most important features in review software. On top of all of that, it is orders of magnitude more affordable than Relativity.

Pros

Nextpoint's software was very easy to set up for our team of lawyers across three law firms and three sets of experts and their teams. Everyone is able to quickly search and find specific documents across the millions of documents and gigabytes of data that we've uploaded into the review platform. Loading the voluminous and frequent productions from biglaw firms coming from two related and active along with from earlier related litigations has been simple and quick.

Cons

There has been a learning curve from my past familiarity with Relativity but Nextpoint's support is excellent. Whenever I have questions they are quick to respond and very thorough in helping me.

Amy K.

Intuitive software. Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

Nextpoint has been such a value add to our firm. The interface is very intuitive. We have had a higher user adoption rate since migrating our data away from our previous on-prem solution. We are utilizing Nextpoint as an enterprise level solution. We migrated 180 databases and are now up to close to 250. We give Nextpoint a workout daily and are happy with it's performance and general ease of use on both the user and the administrative sides. It was a big decision to make to migrate our databases, but it was very much worth the work! We have happier users and admins as a result.

Pros

We love the mobility of access with Nextpoint. We also love the ability to link to any document, search result or document set to direct users to what you want them to see, share or produce. Nextpoint's customer service is unparalleled. The software is updated and refined based on customer feedback. They really value the customer experience. The software is so intuitive, we have been able to significantly decrease our training time, compared to our last review platform.

Cons

We are looking forward to a more robust set of administrative tools. There are a few things that require assistance from Nextpoint and we look forward to being able to be more self-sufficient in the future. I understand these features are in the works.

Dabny L.

Nextpoint Provides an Excellent Product and Service for an Affordable Price

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

We have been using Nextpoint since its earlier years and liked the product then, and even more so, now. The Nextpoint staff is incredibly attentive to user needs and will work to develop solutions or improvements identified by users. The services offered are also affordable and easily accessible regardless of whether you have massive servers or individual laptops. I cannot wait to see the new features that will be rolling out soon!

Pros

User Friendly; Saves LOADS of Time in Reviewing/Producing Discovery; Affordable Options; Service is Amazing.

Cons

Would like more analytical functions, but understand that this is in the works!

Christopher H.

Easy to use ediscovery processing, review, and trial preparation

Reviewed on 2015/12/07

Pros: Cloud-based platform, works on any browser/any device (no plugins required), easy to manage, easy to use. Reasonable pricing. Most data imports can be handled by just about any user type. A great step up from our legacy platform without the high cost of some of the other popular platforms.

Cons: Production tools are a little clunky and basic (about to see a major overhaul on 12/12 however and the early reviews look fantastic). Some data imports require additional massaging and documentation around importing some data sets is a bit ambiguous.

We spent nearly 24 months looking to replace our legacy document review platform which had fallen out of support and development, and really wasn't able to fully meet the challenges of discovery in an ESI world. After an exhaustive process, we decided to give Nextpoint a try, and for the most part we are very pleased. It offers an intuitive interface that is very easy to use, cost-effective pricing, and the big winner is that it is all based in the cloud. Is it a perfect system - no. However we have had experience with some of the more popular platforms recently and I have heard from users that Nextpoint is just much easier to use and makes more sense from a review and from a case management standpoint. Nextpoint has been working very hard behind the scenes to revamp the production tools in the platform, and I am excited to see these launch at the end of this week. This will be a big change for the better! I think with a few other tweaks and enhancements, and a small rewrite of their documentation will go a long way to keeping our users content.

Scott H.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Opinions of a Project Manager

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Very positive. It doesn't have quite as many bells and whistles as relativity, but the price is so much better you can forgo some of the things.

Pros

Ease of use for reviewers. It is very easy to learn and use the software. Also the staff was very attentive when I had questions.

Cons

It is a little more cumbersome to set up quality control searches to check the review teams work compared to Relativity. It also didn't have the ability to search based on reviewer so I could filter by a reviewers work for QC or to pull statistics on a specific reviewers work.

Ensley M.

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

Pros

Easy to set up a new database. Searching is easy.

Cons

Doesn't recognize bates-stamp that is already on a document. Have to add a bates-stamp in NextPoint. When searching in a document it would be helpful if the word you are searching for was highlighted.

Jason L.
  • Industry: Legal Services

I was very pleased by the power of the Nextpoint platform. It's a great product.

Reviewed on 2018/02/19

I had a case with significant document processing and review needs. Nextpoint did everything I needed it to do.

Pros

The software was easy to use and flexible enough to adapt to the needs of my specific case. The pricing was also very reasonable.

Rebecca T.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Would like more ease in reviewing & coding documents

Reviewed on 2021/03/17

Pros

I like that it seems that the process of adding documents to the databases is smooth.

Cons

You should offer issue trees/outlines, rather than just issue lists -- that is, users should be able to create sub-issues under main issues, that can be expanded or condensed as needed. In addition, you should be able to add documents to folders without clicking through a dialogue box. In addition, you should allow users to type the abbreviation for an issue to pull up the issue while coding, rather than making the user always rely on mouse clicks and scrolling. It is faster and more efficient to be able to keep fingers on the keyboard while coding as much as possible. And it is best to be able to arrange for coding template to have all fields visible at once without the need for scrolling. This can't be done without the ability to condense some sub-issues. Finally, although the web interface can at times be a benefit, there should be a way to make it accessible offline at times, so that document review can be done without internet sometimes.

Sarah B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

2017 Review

Reviewed on 2017/01/06

The one thing that I think is so problematic is that the clear button is right next to the submit button in the deposition highlighting. Since the clear button gets rid of everything you've done and it cannot be recovered (I have done this and called customer support), it seem like a poor choice for the clear button. Or at the very least, have a pop up making you confirm that is what you want to do before all is lost.

Pros

The fact that in the deposition highlighting you can have all designation colors present on the final product.

Cons

Just that the clear button is too close to submit.

Audrey T.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Overall a great experience.

Reviewed on 2017/06/28

Pros

The software is very easy to use and accessible anywhere. Substantial documents production are easily handled and well organized

Cons

The cost can be high since not all clients will agree to pay for the service. The inability to upload more than just one file at a time is also problematic.

Kristina S.

little engine that can

Reviewed on 2016/12/13

i think the potential np has greatly exceeds what it is currently capable of. i think the front end loading takes way too long. i think making features available without having to move between tabs would be huge. like being able to create a folder on the fly, rather than doing it beforehand then associating documents with it. also, if i'm searching for a word or set of words, i would prefer to not have to re-enter those words once i'm in the document that my initial search took me to. i love the program, but i would like it to be more user friendly. thank you and happy holidays!

Pros

search large amounts of docs

Cons

too much to do on the front end with too many steps

Catherine B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Nextpoint Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

I like all my experiences with Next Point.

Pros

It is easy to learn and use. As with our office I would like to do more with it. In our office someone else loads the documents. I would like to load the documents.

Cons

I think it should be more like a binder and the features should do more. Run better searches. (i.e. shuffle through emails more quickly to weed them out) or maybe I need more training with it.

Kate W.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great

Reviewed on 2017/07/07

Pros

Easy to use--I like the functionality. I thought the deps were organized easily. I love the advanced search feature.

Cons

Needs work for dep designations--need functionality for courts that do not allow color filing. This was an issue in our trial.

Sarah H.

User-Friendly Doc Review Tool

Reviewed on 2016/12/13

Nextpoint has been an extremely useful and overall user-friendly document review tool. One of the best features about this program is that you can divide the workflow into multiple folders that can then be assigned to various reviewers--making it easy to keep track of who is doing what work. The ability to customize "call" buttons, add tags for certain issues, and change the stamp on a redaction is also very useful. The only bugs I've run into are occasional issues with documents not appearing as they should, but once contacted, Nextpoint has been quick to solve. Only took me about an hour to learn how to use most of the features of the program too--a big bonus when you're working with limited time. I would recommend to others.

Misty D.

When educating future paralegals in e-discovery software, use Nextpoint!

Reviewed on 2016/04/25

As a paralegal educator, I am impressed with the ease and functionality of Nextpoint's e-discovery software. My students are able to quickly and efficiently upload documents and perform comprehensive searches. The training videos and webinars are an added bonus to help my students maximize their learning. And, of course, the web-based program makes accessing Nextpoint a breeze both in and out of the classroom.

Additionally, and equally as important, is the excellent customer service I receive from everyone on the Nextpoint team. The professionalism, expertise, and overall kindness makes working with my Nextpoint team a true joy.

Marta H.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Helped reduce time spent

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

Pros

Nextpoint reduced the time we spend on redacting and classifying emails (we only use the software to manage requests for emails)

Cons

It was sometimes hard to understand what was included - attachments, replies, etc, when I made a selection

Courtney L.
  • Industry: Law Practice

We have only used Nextpoint for review, not trial prep. So far, it has met all our needs.

Reviewed on 2017/06/28

We absolutely needed a eDiscovery search platform for one of our larger cases. All the other eDiscovery platform providers were far to expensive for us and our clients. We needed to be able to review enormous amounts of data, and we are able to do so. We are very satisfied.

Pros

The customer support is highly responsive and excellent, as is the value. Nextpoint is geared to meet the needs of a small firm like ours.

Cons

Some of the search features are not intuitive, but I also get fast answers. The highlighting color system does not seem to have enough bright colors for my taste, but I may not have figured out how to maximize the use of that feature. Overall it is very easy to learn.

• Used Other for 6-12 months

Not for me

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

Nothing to write home to mom about but As far as review platforms, it does not stand as tall as Reveal or Relativity.

Pros

I like the analytics and AI assisted review.

Cons

Overall the layout was a little hard to use.

Response from Nextpoint

Hello,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide your honest opinion.

Thanks for awarding us 5/5 stars on Features/Functionality and Value for Money. Along with great customer support, those are our main areas of focus for all Nextpoint users.

I wasn't able to gather much detail on your grade of 3-stars for overall quality, but we would like to address any specific concerns you may have.

If speaking further is something you are open to, please contact me via the email address provided in my response.

Regards,

Annie Johnson
Community Engagement Manager | Nextpoint

Matthew G.

Good software for litigation efficiency. If you've never tried software like this -- do it!!

Reviewed on 2017/01/06

My firm recently used Nextpoint to process over 50,000 documents to respond to discovery production. Nextpoint does a good job reading the documents that are imported into it, and provides a lot of capability to tag/label the documents with custom fields. You can also redact documents. Some of the navigation options could be improved, but it is not difficult for document reviewers to learn their way around. I cannot imagine being without Nextpoint or something like it for a large document production -- it's an incredibly useful tool.

Paul R.

Review of Nextpoint

Reviewed on 2016/12/28

The software worked well. It was easy to use, simple to learn, and glitch-free. I had no issues requiring customer support, so I cannot speak to that category. Otherwise, it did the job.

Pros

Easy to use; simple to learn; no technical problems

Cons

The viewing theater did not always allow proper zooming to review documents that were not of a traditional formal. The easy fix was to download the entire document and open it in its native platform.

Alexandra K.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Searchable and easy to use database

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

I like it. I upload our writing so that other offices can see what we've written and can use those documents when they're looking for info on a certain product

Pros

I like that it is searchable by keyword within the documents that are uploaded

Cons

I wish it could be sorted by the date we wrote the document, not the date that we uploaded the document to NextPoint

Michael K.

Easy to use, intuitive, and constantly improving.

Reviewed on 2016/02/12

After only a few short training sessions, I felt that I could perform most tasks within the software. It's easy to use without sacrificing quality. But the best part about the software is that it's flexible. I can run a simple PDF production if I'm in a time crunch, or I can work with Nextpoint's representatives to create a full-fledged ESI production. And Nextpoint's client-service reps are second to none. They solve any technical or logistical problem you throw at them.

Brittany G.

Great software & support!

Reviewed on 2016/12/28

I am not the most computer savvy person although I am working on computers all day as a paralegal. This software has helped greatly with our discovery document review & production. I could never have figured out the software or how to use it without the help of your trainer Annie, she was absolutely amazing & so patient with me! I know that if I need any assistance in getting my job done I can contact Nextpoint and get the help I need!

Ashley P.

Fast, User-Friendly, Complex

Reviewed on 2016/02/12

PROS
user friendly; very manipulable; customization oriented; beautiful interface; customer service is top-notch; much smoother than other platforms i've used in the past; pretty revolutionary for "doc review"

CONS
product take a little while to get to understand, but once you do --- you're golden; downloading PDFs of files can take some time; updating document index can also can take some time

Michael A.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Nextpoint

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

I use Nextpoint as a historical research tool with practical, real time implications.

Pros

We are able to keep all our documents in one searchable, centralized database.

Cons

There are no missing features. At times, the number of options available becomes overwhelming.