Silvertrac Software

Security incident reporting and guard management solution.

4,7
4,7
4,5
4,6
4,9
Derick S.

I have used Silvertrac for nearly a decade and am now currently using it for my own company.

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

Ease of use reporting with GPS verification. One of the biggest deterrents for guards to report a problem is how much paperwork may be involved. With the app, you take a few pictures, write a note, and your report is complete.

Pros

The reporting information is top notch. I can access officer reports from any of my devices (phone, ipad, macbook, desktop). Reports can't be deleted or modified, this is like an accountability measure for clients and I think its very important. Use of the app is pretty easy for guards. I am a huge fan of the issue monitor, I like to see what everyone is up to from a bird's eye type view.

Cons

The setup for each property, its issues, tasks and user accounts can be a bit time consuming. I wish there was a faster way to create new users, for instance, being able to import en masse from an excel sheet. However, once setup, the software works like a charm.

Jessica P.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Awesome Software, Awesome Staff!

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Over extremely happy with the software I always tell potential clients that SilverTrac is my favorite tool that Vet-Sec uses!

Greg is AMAZING!!! Always helpful and available when we need him the most!

Pros

What I like most about SilverTrac is the clean user-friendly interface! When I have to show a client or a potential client SilverTrac that is the first thing that they point out. We like how easy for them to get the information that they need.

Cons

At times I would like to see more ability to customize options, for example, if we only patrol a property 2 times a month there is no way to have a report send only when there is data available.

Tom M.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Will be a good fit for most security opperations

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

Overall I would recommend this product to any mid-size security company trying to streamline Operations and employee tracking.

Pros

silvertrac offers a wide variety of features that will work for most security operations. the customer service has been outstanding since day one.

Cons

like most of the security software companies in the market today after hours support is challenging. before purchasing this product make sure that the report will meet your customers needs, as the reports are relatively Limited in this software.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Anastasia (dee dee) L.

Comstock Protective Services

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

As a retired Public Safety Dispatch Supervisor and IT Project Manager, I was hired to facilitate the implementation of a Communications Center for a private security company looking to expand their patrol operations. My first job was to review their existing Guard Management Software, since there were lots of complaints with the Destiny Software System they were using, and to determine if it wasn't being utilized properly or simply wasn't designed to meet the company's needs.

Destiny simply couldn't meet their needs. I compared several other programs and Silvertrac was in the top for consideration. Based on our needs, the Silvertrac functionality and their proposed price, it was an easy decision.

Johnny Page worked with us and patiently and extensively answered all our questions and made several on-line workshops available to show us how the system worked.

Considering the monthly price, which included 90 days of 1/2 off and a 90 day 100% money back guarantee, we couldn't NOT pick Silvertrac.

Their written instructions, on-line video training material and webinars made the implementation of the new system very easy. I was even able to take their Mobile App user manual, insert our company's policies and personalized Issue Types, and create a .pdf that is issued to each officer who downloads the system.

Their support team is outstanding. They answer quickly and never make me feel bad even when the problem or question is based on an error I made when setting or using a module.

There are blogs and webinars that I constantly refer to other managers in our office. Their company is not just a software company that decided to write a program for the security industry. It is a Security oriented company that enjoys helping other Security companies with their product and lots of diversified support. I especially appreciate the efforts they put in to always trying to make the software better meet the needs of their customers.

Our company now inserts several pages of Silvertrac's sales and demo screenshots into our business proposals when presenting a proposal to new clients.

I highly recommend any security company look closely at Silvertrac. It just might help you become even more successful!!

Pros

The ease of implementation and the ease of use for Communications and field units. The functionality of the software.

Cons

Looking forward to more functionality in future releases.

Jason H.

ALERT Protective Services review of Silvertrac

Reviewed on 2016/06/21

Proposal was excellent, as was explanation of how the software worked. After evaluation, we quickly decided this would be a good fit for ALERT, even though our use of the software is a little different from a typical Silvertrac client.

ALERT uses the software 85% of the time from a fixed location as a "dispatcher profile" - officers at a fixed post using a Windows PC, and accessing and creating an issue report via web browser interface. It works well this way for 90% of reports.

The other 15% of use is the typical smartphone or tablet interface, via the Silvertrac App. The App itself works VERY well and we've gotten good feedback from clients.

Pros

Ease of use by officer personnel. Ease in reading reports as they are disseminated by email. Ease in seeing information at a glance via Issue Monitor and basic trend reports. DAR recap is also very good, providing clients with at a glance information. Of advanced functionality, the AUTO REPORTS function (auto DAR in particular) feature is GREAT and must have.

Cons

Given we use the software via web browser 85% of the time, the lack of ability to add a picture to a report from the initial issue creation stage is a con. I'd like to see this change, as this would be a perfect scenario for us, given how we use the software in gated community and high rise condo security applications.

The only confusing part for clients, as we use the software: the "click here to see" statement at the bottom of initial issue report emails. 98% of our clients do not want nor have time to go into detail when viewing a report. They want the report informaiton via email... and that very typically has all the info they need. I'd like to see functionality to remove that statement as a customize-able feature.

Finally, the basic trend reports are great (top 10 issues, types of issues, by table). I'd like to see the functionality to turn these numbers directly into bar/line/pie charts -- OR, to export them to Excel (instead of only PDF), so we can create our own charts for clients.

Sam F.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

My overall experience for the last 4 years has been really positive.

Pros

Ease of reports and the functionality to email automatically to clients with pictures attached. This is a really user-friendly product that both clients and employees can pick up very quickly. I really enjoy your support at well specifically [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has always been an amazing help to us.

Cons

I do not like the fact that there is really limited customization as far as reports. If I could create my own reports that would be amazing. Also, if there is no data in the reports I would like it to not send anything. We have many clients that only do service 3 rotating days per week and it is difficult to run and send automatically without making them click every report and if no data they move on.

Alex G.

Silvertrac

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Very great, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always there to help with any questions

Pros

The ease of use is the best part. Also the customer service is awesome.

Cons

Theres nothing that I don't like. I think a lot more needs to be added/adjust. Ex: Instead of having the minimum issue alerts per hour, we should be able to adjust the time to half an hour etc. If I'm a guard and want to go to sleep I hit the minimum issue requirements at the top of the our and the bottom of the next hour and I would be ok to go sleep. On the ops side we are looking at so many locations that it would be difficult for us to catch that and keep track of it

Sean N.

Highly Recommend Silvertrac

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

Silvertrac has helped streamline the way we do our jobs. It's helped eliminate the need for multiple forms that now longer need to be printed. Clients like the ability to go online and see exactly what is happening on their sites.

Pros

Silvertrac's software is easy to use. The latest update improved upon an already great system. The GPS map has helped multiple times when a Client thought specific Officers weren't doing their jobs. Their customer service team is responsive and they take feedback to incorporate into the system. I've never had to wait to have an issue resolved or get extra assistance when needed.

Cons

There is a learning curve on the back end that can be time intensive, but once you have it down it's easy. They have a good set of learning tools to assist.

Robert L.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Review by Professional Guard and Parol, Inc.

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

This product has increased my business, when I take this on a sales call and show them how it works the client loves it. It proves the guard is on site and show if the are or are not doing their job.
You can get the report to automaticity be e-mailed to the client at the end of the shifts

Pros

Being able to take pictures and attach them to the report and the virous reporting functions such as recording an audio message and attaching it to the report.

Cons

I would like it to be more user friendly, for those that are not computer savvy.

I would like to see this being use also for alarm response so the officer can arrive on site check out the alarm , do his report and submit it.

Issac D.

SilverTrac feedback

Reviewed on 2016/02/19

Feedback on SilverTrac:

I have had a very good experience with SilverTrac in general and I'd say that the only thing I can say is that I on my end have not utilized the software to it's potential and that is to no fault of SilverTrac. That being said it performs just like it should, but as in most cases it is only as good as its operators. I am the Regional Manager ABC and take care of all of the sales calls and presentations for potential clients and this is where I am not only presenting my company but yours as well and I feel that I may not be doing my or SilverTrac the best service as I may or may not have been presenting it to its full potential. I know that I may not be utilizing your costumer service as much as I should and that is my fault as I would like to come up with a more targeted marketing plan to certain industries such as Construction. I mention construction as it is one of the industries that I have been getting the best response from and that is where I would like to see how I may be able to utilize the software to its full potential. The only con that I have encountered when I am presenting your software to some of my and SilverTrac competitors is the that some have real-time guard activity as you can see them walking around second by second in real-time. I was wondering if that is a feature that is even possible whith SilverTrac and thus can be added on or if its something that is in the works.

If it is possible I would like to schedule a meeting to see if you may be able to help me out with some of the above mentioned items.

Response from Silvertrac Software

Hey Issac! We'd be happy to meet and show you how the GPS features work. We can even help you incorporate more of the software in your presentations so you can clearly communicate the benefits of your service.

Go ahead and reach out to your success manager or our support team, [email protected], and we can set up a meeting.

We are looking forward to working a little closer in the near future!

Erika C.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Best Security Software Ever!

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

I was not a part of the original implementation team and took the reigns close to the beginning of this year with no knowledge of the software. I was able to navigate through the portal with the help buttons all over the place and being able to reach out to the support team either via email, phone and the chat box. This allowed me to get sites set up and customized. The recent work done with rep has assisted me greatly by confirming the work being done and assisting me with ways to fine tune the way in which it is currently set up.

Pros

The accessibility of the program has made it easy to use and operate. Being able to provide an additional and real time line of communication with clients has allowed for a stronger sense of security for many. This software allows the work to be shown in real time rather than hand written daily activity and incident reports that are picked up and reviewed when the supervisor is able to get to the site and pick them up. Being able to send auto reports to the clients has allowed them peace of mind in knowing they are receiving services as contracted.

Cons

Having to go through and set up customized patrols and not being able to copy them to another site makes for grueling work but it can be done. Being able to send messages or responses to issues sent in would be useful so that officers can make the adjustments accordingly.

Chris T.

ACT/Silvertrac review.

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Everyone a Silvertrac has always listened to our needs and worked to develop a product that fits them all. It's not always a quick fix but they keep me updated on the process. Keep up the good work!
Tell the support team representative to talk slower.

Pros

I like that Silvertrac can be customized to each of our properties and customer needs. Automatic reports and immediate notifications are key to a lot our our customers. The directed tours were well received and help insure everything is checked. The new pass-down option is perfect for communicating with field officers.

Cons

I'd like to see a form type Incident Report the officer can complete in the field.

Robert S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Best Software

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

Pros

We love being able to able to see issues right away and checking the GPS data on guard and making reports.

Cons

Parking software doesn't really work with the style of security we use for the safe list.

Isabel S.

GMI New Managers Demo

Reviewed on 2016/07/12

Johnny was on point with the software. He was on time to the meeting and organized. The Demo was pretty short (30 minutes ) however we went over and Johnny did not cut us off. We were using group thinking and Johnny was listening to our concerns and was creative enough to jump in and give us ideas.

Pros

Report Writing and Photos. I like the real time pictures.

Cons

I am not too sure how to use the GPS and how we can give accountability to a client. It sounded good when Johnny was talking about it but when trying to explain it to executive I realized I did not understand it 100%

Nicholas K.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/08/14

Pros

Issue Monitor to track what our staff are doing throughout their shifts

Cons

Report details not included in email notifications (this is important for our clients)

Response from Silvertrac Software

Hey Nick - Thanks for the high marks for Silvertrac!

As for the report details, there are 2 options:

1- Incident notifications will show all the report details in the email notification itself.

2- Daily Activity Reports delivered by email do not put all the notes into the email, but requires the users to open the PDF report provided in the notification. This behavior is based on how much information the average report contains.

I hope the additional clarity helps! I'll have your Customer Success Manager reach out to walk you through those options to decide which is best for you and your clients.

Don B.

Silvertrac Provides Documentation with Reliability and Ease

Reviewed on 2019/08/10

I use Sivertrac to address a plethora of business operations problems. It allows field personnel to identify and document issues that I need to address with our clients. By allowing me to bring issues to the client attention in a timely manager, Silvertrac improves client satisfaction and makes our team look good. Our clients greatly appreciate having the ability to configure and individually filter which issues are brought to their attention (Never, Urgent Only, or Always). We use Silvertrac to quantitatively and qualitatively measure productivity and performance of remote field personnel.

Pros

Ease of Use by non-technical end users
Iron clad documentation of activity.

Cons

It is not easy to determine who is on the distribution list for property notifications and it can be difficult to modify property notifications once set up.

Sergio R.

Great Tool for any Security Company

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

I am very satisfied with this product, seldom does it go down and it is greatly used.

Pros

I Love the ease of use. By the time all tabs have been selected the customer and supervisory staff already have all crucial initiating information on a report.

Cons

One thing that I and my staff wish to have is the ability to upload pictures on an issue currently being written instead of having to take a picture then and there. This will help improve violations reporting greatly.

Jose V.

The Best Report Solutions

Reviewed on 2019/01/19

Making sure that my officers are out in the field doing their job is a big piece of mind for me. I am able to prove there where at a specific property by checking their GPS location. I know my clients have no second thoughts about their properties being over looked or not checked at all.

Pros

As a administrator for my agency, I am able to manage all devices, employees and clients accounts. The best thing I like about Silvertrac is that you can track all users by GPS, being able to write reports on web user and being able to take photos for each report entry.

Cons

There is nothing least to say about this software. Love it the way it is.

Kyle M.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Our business would not be anywhere near as successful as it has been thus far without Silvertrac.

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

The benefit of building a successful business through execution and transparency.

Pros

Transparency. We promote the motto of 'no more lies' and allow our clients to see 100% of what we are doing, much to the dismay of the 'competition'.

Cons

I like everything except the part when a guard goes to take pictures. The pictures come out sideways if the phone is straight and come out straight when the phone is sideways but sometimes it is upside down. This can be better.

Derek B.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Silvertrac is outstanding compared to competition.

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

Outstanding overall. I used Destiny Patrol Software previously and it is a day and night difference. The old program was outdated, unreliable and garbage. Silvertrac is updated, polished, reliable and functional. I am glad we made the change, even though we pay a bit more, it is worth every penny.

Pros

This software is very user friendly, produces outstanding reports for our clients, is reliable, it comes with many additional blogs/updates/info sessions and the company itself provides outstanding customer service, often within minutes of my inquiry (even late at night on a Sunday).

Cons

It has opportunities for growth, but they are working on it. The majority of things I would like them to add are currently in the works, so I look forward to the growth/upgrades.

Ishmail N.

What's Goin On

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Overall its been a great asset to our organization. It has shown us where our weak links are.

Pros

Love reporting and alerting the best. These features have given our management team so much insight into what is actually going on at every site. Now I just need better managers.

Cons

The android version of the software is so much better than the IOS version and all our devices are IOS. Still waiting for the mobile patrol touring feature.

Bobby W.

Great Product, Great Professionalism, and Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

My overall experience with Silvertrac Software is that I would recommend them to any new business looking for their type of services.

Pros

What I like most about Silvertrac Software is the outstanding and prompt service whenever my company is in need of any type of help and/or support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a personal favorite of mine in the technical realm.

Cons

I Love everything about Silvertrac Software

Christine S.

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2019/08/09

We use this product to track and monitor our customers properties.

Pros

we like this product. it suits our needs very well. the customer service is very helpful.

Cons

haven't really found anything about the product that I can recall would cause any issues for us

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Jean B.

Really new at this

Reviewed on 2019/10/03

It’s new to me so I can’t really evaluate this

Pros

It seems to be very comprehensive and covers all the bases... I am looking forward to implementing it. I really hope I can understand and operate it correctly. I am counting on your help. ( p.s. I would like a speaker, if possible).

Cons

All the complicated forms and instructions—-but I feel confident that I can get it with your help

Bill C.
Industry: Medical Devices
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Best security software ever!!

Reviewed on 2019/08/20

Able to keep track of staff ensuring checkpoints are being checked and reports of down time.

Pros

Easy to use, trainning and detailed reports

Cons

Would like to have some type of screen saver for phone app. Our team is logged onto SilverTrac for all three shifts and seems to "burn" image onto phone screen