Cleo Integration Cloud

Secure Integration and Data Movement Platform

Sean D.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Cleo Clarify is easy to use and flexible for our business processes.

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

EDI integration with hundreds of trading partners and very high volume of transaction processing.

Pros

Ability to quickly change from Test to Production servers. Ability to set up custom audit filters specific to our purposes. Integration with SVN repository for project management. Easy to deploy changes to projects.

Cons

Current cluster architecture is too touchy and dependent upon services (nodes) being started in the correct order. It takes close to 90 minutes from start to finish to properly bring the environment down and back up again (10 server cluster).

Rick F.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Harmony is very powerful and has a lot of options. Once you understand the software, it is...

Reviewed on 2017/09/13

Easy communication between us and our trading partners.

Pros

All the options. Harmony will do just about everything dealing with communications. It is very flexible with a lot of functionality included by default. A lot of new options and functionality are added regularly.

Cons

There are so many options, finding what you want and the best way can be difficult. Support can be slow getting back when you are researching how to do something. New features and options are not communicated well when they are released.

Joseph P.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Good, easy to use product

Reviewed on 2017/09/13

I have a smooth running, error free, mostly automated file transfer process. The reliability makes administration minimal.

Pros

I use Cleo VLTrader and it is very easy to use. Very reliable and low maintenance. Once you learn the install and outs of it it runs seemkessly.

Cons

There are some scripting features like If, Then logic which would be nice to have. Also, I have a need for complex scheduling which is not fully available.

Kyle H.
  • Industry: Banking

Solid support and easy deployments

Reviewed on 2017/09/13

Increased uptime, less fees for late file delivery, less programming staff required to make one off file movers. Easy admin.

Pros

Reliability and support are the most important features for us. The reliability for us has been phenomenal.

Cons

A knowledgebase would be a great addition. Vltrader action gui enhancements to make templates would be great for less experienced staff.

Jeremy Z.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

LexiCom is a great product.

Reviewed on 2017/02/08

We currently use Cleo's LexiCom product to communicate with our customer via AS2 for edi transactions. It is a great product to use and easy to setup. Once setup, you never have to touch it again. I would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Very easy to setup. Once setup, don't have to mess with again till another customer needs setup. Works great.

Cons

Log is very large when looking for errors.

Robert B.

System Integration to Enterprise TMS

Reviewed on 2017/09/19

The ability to integrate into complex TMS system flawlessly. Speeding up development of EDI documents quickly and precisely to get the revenue sooner than later. Ability to connect to the database within the studio to query result sets for use.

Pros

The overall ability of this software is second to none. The interface ability with objects and linking speeds up development. Feature rich and growing with more functionality in the near future. Great product, highly recommended!

Cons

The java engines between versions.
When an install is corrupt it doesn't indicate there is an issue with the program files.

Andy H.

Powerful and reliable mapping tool.

Reviewed on 2017/01/31

I used EBI 2.6 for a few months last year before our company upgraded to Clarify 4, which I've been using for about 6 months now. I've been working with EDI for over 12 years and I've used three other translation/mapping tools.
Clarify 4 seemed buggy and unstable shortly after implementation. But after working closely with Cleo support for the first couple months, the bugs were worked out and stability hasn't been an issue. The final instability issue we had was resolved when we moved our server backup time to a window when the Clarify cluster was down for maintenance. Prior to that, various nodes would go down on Sundays while server backups were taking place.
The Clarify tool itself is very powerful. It connects easily to our database files (AS400) and transforms many different types of documents (EDI, XML, Spreadsheets, etc..). I gave it 3 stars for "ease of use" mainly because there are so many things you can do with the tool that it makes it challenging to learn everything quickly. Once you get familiar with everything, it becomes easier to use and easier to understand. Mapping with Clarify is fairly easy and intuitive.
We've got around 75 trading partners active on Clarify and will be ramping up with more in the near future. Our company continues to gain confidence and is looking forward to future growth with Clarify!

Linn N.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Cleo Review

Reviewed on 2017/02/15

Using Cleo for Communications with our EDI vendors that require AS2 communications. Running on AIX and on Windows

Cons

very difficult to install and set up on AIX.

Mike Z.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

I've had good experience with results and with support.

Reviewed on 2017/09/13

We use it for EDI and it works well

Pros

Cleo support and communication has been very good. We have had very good results using Extol's EBI 2.6 with TMW as our ERP.

Cons

On EBI 2.6, error causes can be hard to decipher and there are some quirks that need to be worked around. We do plan to upgrade to current in the near future.

Patrick L.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

We are at the early stages of implementation but are very pleased with features, functions,...

Reviewed on 2017/09/12

Platform for centralizing or integrations and provide added visibility to our data.

Pros

HA / clustering ability. Map any to any. Vendor is interested in our success. The implementation engagement was focused on getting us running on Clarify and VLTrader.

Cons

I wish Clarify handled flat files like it does EDI. It is still a great product but requires more work for us to tie our data together for the dashboard.

Scarlet S.

Great, dependable product and knowledgeable support.

Reviewed on 2017/01/30

Switching to VLTrader from the Lexicom software was a complete 180 turnaround. VLTrader is an awesome product and took away so many of the headaches and frustrations we were dealing with. The product is slick and has made our day to day functions so much easier and less frustrating. Most times if there are any EDI issues it is on the customer's end, not us or our system. We haven't looked back since switching to VLTrader and probably wonder why we resisted for a number of years to make that change.

Dave M.

VL Trader Version 5

Reviewed on 2017/02/10

Reliable and stable product for trading with AS2 and SFTP partners. We have been using it for over 5 years and have never had any major issues with the software. Great support but wish you could instantly talk to a support personal without a call back.

S B.

Cleo LexiCom

Reviewed on 2017/02/09

Does everything advertised for in an efficient predictable way with no fuss. In 14 years using the software, support has been needed twice. On both occasions, concerns were solved quickly and professionally.

Keith C.

CLEO - EBI

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

CLEO EBI has proved to be a powerful application for our EDI needs and volume! Customer Support is awesome!

Kevin P.

Cleo Review

Reviewed on 2017/02/10

Great Product. We have no issues with the software. We use AS2 connections and the creation of certificates is easy.

Adam R.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Support has been great, and the interface is very easy to navigate

Reviewed on 2017/10/12

Streamline our EDI process

Pros

Support has been top notch and the interface is very easy to use. Setup is straightforward and it works as advertised.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Very solid product. Feature-rich and intuitive.

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Pros

The clarify product is far above the competitors and offers many more features. I have evaluated many similar products and landed on Clarify because of the flexibility of the tool and the expansive feature set. The support and service from Cleo is also excellent. I would strongly recommend this product.

Cons

As a user of many versions of the product, the migration path between major revisions can be tedious. I can appreciate the need for this when there are major changes to the software, but to date that has been my only complaint with this software.

Very easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/01/09

AS2

Pros

Everything is in one spot. Very simple and tech support knows there stuff. The integration to our Power 8 is great

Cons

Sometimes can be slow. If you do not have the right PTF's on the Power 8 installed it will fail badly

Juliann B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Good Effort!

Reviewed on 2017/02/10

Customer support has been very helpful and prompt with a same day callback. If they can't fix the issue right away, they are persistent with their efforts until the issue is fixed. I think that the ease of use could be improved with additional documentation on how to use the ruleset functions and some better documentation on using VLTrader.

Pros

The functionality. I am able to use information from a database to create other tables, flat files or xml files. Once I had a template to use as an example, I was able to automate the creation of a fixed width file within 3 days. This was a process that I thought would never be able to automate.

Cons

The log errors are often difficult to understand if you aren't familiar with java. VLTrader seemed so easy to use during training but parts of it seem not to be working correctly.

• Industry: Automotive

Pretty reliable

Reviewed on 2018/01/03

Pros

Cleo EEI is reliable. It just works when it's properly configured. Support staff is generally well informed and trained.

Cons

Interface can be clunky. Reporting is lousy. Communication from the company can be poor. I usually come across product upgrades myself rather than through communications from the company

Berlinda Y.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Tech Support is great and the instructions are easy to follow.

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

Stability

Pros

Ease of Use and Ease of the implementation.
Tech Support is great and can work with you to help check issues on your system.

Cons

Some errors are not easy to figure out and troubleshoot on our own and have to call Tech Support by that time, it kind of resolve by itself.

Brett S.

Cleo has been extremely easy to work with and get configured.

Reviewed on 2017/09/13

Pros

The ease of use and high customizability. Cleo's Harmony product is very quick to learn, but I think could take a while to master. It isn't hard to get up and running. Once you use the product you understand the depth that is contains and the flexibility that is there at your fingertips. Truly a product that you can build your B2B infrastructure around.

Cons

It is changing and improving so fast! It's hardly a con, but I'd say that Cleo is quickly adding new features and functionality to their products. And it's hard to keep on top of them and adopt them. By the time we got things implemented in production, there were new features being released that I wished we had taken advantage of.

Matt B.

Cleo Clarify is a pretty good integration solution.

Reviewed on 2017/02/08

If all of your integrations are straight forward and simple, you will love Cleo Clarify. The help feature does not cover all of the functions of the software, so you either have to spend a lot of time figuring things out on your own, or call support just to find out how to use a function. The support team is very professional, and for the most part they are good at getting your questions or issues resolved quickly. When I've had an issue that needs more than 48 hours to resolve, I have found that I do not get status updates, so my customers cannot get status updates from me.

Bill L.

Cleo review

Reviewed on 2017/01/18

I have been using Cleo Lexicom to handle my AS2 EDI transactions for a long time, almost 10 years now. For me, it has been extremely reliable. The only times I really need to get into the software GUI is when I need to add a new trading partner or to grab an MDN to show a partner that yes, you really did receive that file from us and here's the MDN to prove it. My AS2 processing now is almost totally automated and I hardly ever need to think about it. And their tech support is top-notch, I have never had a how-to question that they weren't able to answer.

Igor S.

Simple and Reliable Integration Solution

Reviewed on 2017/02/10

We're using Cleo VLTrader for secure automated data transfer with multiple partners. It's very stable, flexible and reliable solution allow multiple file formats and protocols, simple integration with modern and legacy systems, monitoring and alerting. Initial setup was simple with some minor issues resolved with Cleo support team. Since that it's just works.