MoonClerk

One-off and recurring payment management system

Caitlin M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Absolutely fantastic billing software, especially for payment plans

Reviewed on 2021/02/14

I use it to easily create payment links and manage all of my payment plans.

Pros

Makes payment plan billing SO easy and integratable with Stripe. I love how easy it is to see recurring plans.

Cons

Can get expensive as it is billed based on total processing fees monthly, but is still worth the money.

Holly E.

MoonClerks takes the hassle out of invoicing

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

I looked into several different recurring payment platforms, and this was the only one that offered what I needed without paying for a payment processor + merchant account. I'm glad I found it!

Pros

I love having payments automatically charged to my website hosting clients. Before, I invoiced monthly and had to wait for them to decide they were ready to pay. It's such a time saver for both me and my client now.

Cons

Setting up the Payment Forms took a little getting used to, but I got help with my use case and I'm set.

Lane R.

Wonderful for nonprofits

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

I've seen an increase in online giving because it is so easy and professional.

Pros

MoonClerk was suggested to me by my website designer to set up automatic monthly donations through our website. I connect it with Strive, so I have two software systems. For donors, it is easy to give a one-time or monthly donation, and it only takes a minute to give! The customer support was great, and they walked me through how to add it on our website. I'm not a tech-person, but I was able to follow the instructions easily. It is on the our nonprofit's website, and doesn't take you to a third-party website. The fee is based off how many donations you receive.

Cons

I had a donor that wanted to change the amount of her monthly giving, and that is something that I, as the administrator, had to do. There isn't a way for monthly donors to update their preferences.

Response from MoonClerk

Lane, we¿re so glad to hear MoonClerk is working out for you! Just as an fyi we do have a way for your payers to update their own recurring donations, including the ability for them to update their own amount. That¿s all done through the Payer Portal:

I hope this helps. Feel free to shoot us a message if you ever need help with anything or have feature suggestions. Thanks!

Aaron L.

Easy and simple to setup, helps you automate your recurring billing

Reviewed on 2020/08/06

Overall I am happy with the product. If you want something quick and simple to setup and start streamling your billing, that's the one to go. If you have developers and wanted to build a very sophisticated billing system based on usage and add-ons with monthly or annual options with referral bonus, then Stripe is the way to go.

Pros

Smith.ai has been using Moonclerk for almost 5 years and it's a very simple and easy way to charge your customers on a recurring basis. The Payment form is simple and has ALL the flexibility and options that you could imagine. You don't need to pay for a payment processor or merchant account, literally walk up and use. They even have very flexible coupon options for you to offer one time discount or recurring ones.

Cons

Monthly fees are based on your revenue, so the fees could go up if you have large sales but I guess that's a good problem to have. Another one is API, I wish there's an API so that we can do some programmatic stuff to streamline some of our processes.

Response from MoonClerk

Aaron, we're so glad to hear that MoonClerk is working so well for your. We do have an API. If you'd like to take a look, you can read about it at: http://help.moonclerk.com/en/collections/12828-for-developers

Ben B.

Makes getting paid way easier

Reviewed on 2018/03/31

Pros

there are a lot of payment solutions out there, but we were looking for something that worked for our small company. This did the trick and we have no regrets about using it.

Cons

no subscription option, which isn't a problem for us currently, but down the line it could cause some issues.

Straightforward with low complication

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Pros

We were able to use this software through one of our websites to collect money for our fundraiser. Allows you to accept payments in different forms as well as international payments. Found it to be very easy to setup and use.

Cons

Moonclerk prices vary by your volume of sales. As your sales start to increase, the price of the software does as well.

Alana H.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Good but limited

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Pros

The ease of creating payment forms. Customer service. Serves it's purpose.

Cons

Gets pricey the more you use it which doesn't make sense since the company is not doing anything different for the higher price. Also, wish the system more easily converted into a database of sorts, or at least mailchimp or an email funnel.

Response from MoonClerk

Hi Alana. Thanks so much for the review. We've tried to keep the pricing such that it does increase with higher volume but it decreases as a percentage of the volume. While we're not trying to be the lowest cost option, we do think we're pretty competitive.

In regards to Mailchimp, have you checked out our "MoonClerk Pro for Mailchimp" add-on? We send over a ton of payer information to Mailchimp and keep it updated/in-sync with Mailchimp.

Shannon O.

MoonClerk

Reviewed on 2020/09/13

This is used to bill clients. It also helps set up automatic payments from clients as well.

Pros

I use this software for billing, it is easy to use and add clients into it. It is also easy to send a link to clients to set up their account.

Cons

It feels a little out dated. The different views seem like they could be put in a more organized way.

Great for recurring billing

Reviewed on 2018/12/24

Pros

This is a simple way to automatically charge customer credit cards on a recurring basis.

Cons

The interface is a little outdated looking, and the features may be too simple for some.

Brett M.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Not What I Needed

Reviewed on 2018/04/07

Pros

Seems to have some decent integrations other platforms don't have and enables things like coupon usage.

Cons

Had a struggle with getting moonclerk setup. My instance for some reason just didn't work, support was not able to resolve the issue and get it working.

Joel H.

Great Way to Handle Recurring Payments

Reviewed on 2020/06/23

Overall, even with the way, they price their service we are very happy with them.

Pros

I starting using Moon Clerk for one of our clients to take recurring payments and donations for their non-profit. The software is very easy to use and works really well. The integration with Stripe payments was a breeze and updating the website with the donation form was also very simple.

Payments work flawlessly for us and we are very pleased with the service.

Cons

Their pricing model is ideal for small to medium-sized non-profits that don't have a large dollar amount of recurring donations coming in. But once you get that doner dollar base up the pricing seems to get a bit steep. I could understand it if they priced based on the number of transactions, but they charge based on the dollar amount you run through it, so if you get just a handful of large transactions coming through it can eat into your revenues. Not a fan of the pricing model personally, it would be better to me if they priced based on recurring charge instead of an amount based on a block range you run through the system.