OnTheClock.com

Cloud-based employee time clock app

Kai S.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great for small businesses!

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

We have not had any problems that we needed addressed so far.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use. Requires little training for staff and very cost effective for the small busness!

Cons

So far we have been pleased. No complaints.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Kai, we are very happy to see how easy you find our time clock software to be! Have an awesome day!

Brian N.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great software...very easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/09/01

Pros

It's very easy to understand and to use. Quick to learn

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about it.

Jennifer S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

We love OnTheClock

Reviewed on 2019/05/20

We've tried other time keeping solutions, but have stayed with OnTheClock now for approximately 7 or so years because it is so easy and versatile. We don't even use half the available functions because our office is small and "easy", but it's nice to know all those other functions are there for more complex businesses. In only word, the reason we have stayed is because it is "SIMPLE" and we just love that this is one thing we can count on that won't be a hassle.

Pros

Prior to switching to OnTheClock we actually had a thumbprint scanner. Half of our employees couldn't get it to scan their thumbs consistently. We have satellite offices that created a lot of manual adjusting because we only had one scanner. OnTheClock is sooooo much easier! Accessible from anywhere you have internet access and if there are manual corrections/adjustments to make they are a snap and biweekly I get OnTheClock to email our accountant timecards with no hassle.

Cons

n/a - can't really even think of any cons.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your kind review! Your feedback on how you use our time clock system for your business is very important to us as well. Have a great day!

Terrie S.

On The Clock - Very Effective For Our Team!

Reviewed on 2021/01/11

I really like it. It's awesome to look at "timecards" and see how many labor hours are being charged daily, weekly, etc. No surprises when we do payroll like when we used the Google calendar.

Pros

I like everything about this product. Before we used on the Clock, we used the Google calendar to keep track of everyones hours and it was extremely time consuming to run reports, etc. On The Clock is extremely easy and our team members rarely (I mean really rarely) experience any problems with the app!

Cons

I do have difficulty remembering how to "add" a punch if someone forgest to clock in. I wish there were an icon on the dashboard to do that. I should remember, but for some reason, I find that hard at times.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Terrie, thank you for your valuable feedback and generous review. We would love to help with how to add a punch if need be. Feel free to contact us for assistance.

Have a great day,
OTC Team

Christina A.
  • Industry: Human Resources

10 year customer!

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

I would recommend OTC to anyone or business needing to keep track of their employees hours, rather it be a large or small company. OTC is set up in a simple and user friendly way.

Pros

We have been using OTC for 10 years and have never had any problems with them! We have tried other time card services in the past but none have been as easy or as simple and user friendly.

Cons

We have not had any issues with using the software in the past 10 years and when I did have to call in the one time, my question was answered and I got to talk to a person and not an automated voicemail.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Christina,

Thank you very much for reviewing our employee time clock. Also, thank you for being a user of ours for so long - we truly appreciate it! Have an amazing day!

-OTC Team

Brittany C.

On The Clock

Reviewed on 2020/05/13

It's a great system. I have not had any issues and have no plans on switching.

Pros

It's just a basic clock in, clock out system. Easy to view your hours and what time you clocked in and out on any given day. Easy to fix an employees mistake if you're an admin. Some things you want extra bells and whistles, clocking in and out isn't one of them. Very functional, have never had any issues.

Cons

I didn't find anything that was not to like. There is an app for a phone or web use. Employees have found it very easy.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Brittany,

Thank you so much for the kind review. We are pleased to read how our time clock is helping your company.

Have a wonderful day!

Jessica S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Beats the Alternative

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

Positive. Ive recommenced to two fellow business owners and they both feel like I do, overall great product

Pros

I have tried a few competitors and I like OTC the best. I like that it shows you where the employee punched from, so when I'm out of town or during covid when everyone is WFH I can ensure they aren't clocking in from other locations. Overall it works for my needs and we set its periods its counting to match our payroll periods and it makes pulling time a breeze.

Cons

I wish it showed punches from other days as far as locations, like so I could look back over a significant time period or go back to pull a specific punch location. I also wish the pricing was lower. I am about to add another employee and costs add up so fast running a business

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Jessica! Thank you so much for the great feedback.

Chelsea H.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Dependable Company Product

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

Overall experience is great! I would definitely recommend to other businesses to use for their employees.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease of use. It is super user friendly for any and all employees to clock in and out. The time cards are also very easy to read when processing for payroll.

Cons

What I like least is the fact of going through steps just to get to the employee clock in/out. I feel there should be a direct site to the punch in/out page.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Chelsea,

Thank you for the tremendous review and feedback!
The link provide below is the direct link to our employee punch site - we hope this helps :)

Have a great day,

Angela H.

OnTheClock Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/04

We have been a customer since fall 2011. I have noticed lots of updates over the years and they have all been great!

Pros

It is nice not having to buy supplies for a traditional time clock and that each employee can clock in from their own computer. It is also nice for those that occasionally have to travel because they can still clock in and out from out of town.

Cons

Really, there isn't anything I can think of that we don't like. Obviously, if our internet is down, we don't have access to the software, but it could be worse!

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Angela,

Thank you very much for the review and feedback. Your words mean a lot to our team.

Suzanne D.

We needed a simple time keeping and scheduling software for a small store of 10-12 staff.

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

We are a small business and need to keep costs down. The price is consistent with the features. We don't need more features, and we don't want to pay for features we don't use.

Cons

Don't like that I can't use the same email for two different accounts. I have two stores, so I have 2 accounts, but have to use different emails for them. Also, as the Administrator who has to be on the schedule, I have to have different email addresses as the "employee".

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Suzanne,

Thank you for the review. The reason why the same email cannot be used for two separate accounts is so that accounts do not get confused and mixed up. We are happy to have you as a customer :)

Tracey L.
  • Industry: Insurance

Dependable and easy to use for the staff and management.

Reviewed on 2018/04/30

Easy to use for the staff saving me time collecting and correcting data. Easy to use for me saving me energy to devote to another task.

Pros

Simple and straightforward for everyone. I know my staff can clock in and out from their phones or computers and the information will be accurate. If I need to fix someone's time or pull previous data I can do it with just a few keystrokes saving myself time and energy.

Cons

I don't love the new update to PTO fields on the administration end but still easy to use. Just a few more keystrokes so not a huge deal.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Tracey,

Thank you for the review and your feedback - we highly appreciate it.

-OTC Team

Trina R.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

user friendly

Reviewed on 2020/01/20

Good

Pros

Ease of use for employees.
Smart phone app.

Cons

PTO is not very easy to use, and the tracking can be difficult to read.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Trina! Thank you for the review. We are sorry to hear about the PTO issue. Please contact us and we will be more than happy to help you set this up. Have a great day.

Anne B.

OTC is straightforward, intuitive, and easy to use. I would recommend this product.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Accurate time and attendance software

Pros

It is quick and easy to get started with OTC. Corrections/adjustments to punches are easy to make, and our employees have find it easy to use. It is excellent value for the money.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with our payroll software, requiring us to manually type in hours worked. Since we have 6 to 8 workers on the payroll at any one time, however, this isn't a problem.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Anne,

Thanks for the review. You can download your employees' time cards via CSV or PDF to be sent over to your payroll company. If you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us at 888-753-5999.

Tasha E.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Can't function without On The Clock!

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Overall On The Clock is reliable, easy to use for staff thanks to the app, has a high level of functionality and won't break the bank. My business can't function without this software because I am not paying 3x as much elsewhere.

Pros

The amount of features this software has is a great value for the price, and even free users get all the features.

Cons

The dashboard can be confusing upon first starting. There's a learning curve, maybe clunky design?

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Tasha,

Thank you for your honest feedback about our employee time clock. We would also like to thank you for being a loyal customer of OnTheClock.

Regan P.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Easy to Use Platform

Reviewed on 2020/01/06

Much easier to track PTO and ensure proper payroll for employees, able to run analytics much more quickly and easily.

Pros

Fairly intuitive, easy to navigate and keep employee files organized. Helpful, responsive customer service whenever needed.

Cons

Lack of alerts for unusual situations (PTO entered twice for the same date, allowing employee punch in while on PTO) still requires a close review of hours weekly. Still not sure if historical payroll data calculates in reports - this would be a helpful feature for year end analysis of payroll.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Regan,

Thank you for the kind review and feedback. Please know that your input means a lot to us and we are constantly developing our time clock to serve a better purpose to our customers. Have a wonderful day.

Sheryl L.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Functionality

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

Excellent, great support.

Pros

Ontheclock.com helps us keep track of our hours incorporated into our opening computer screens. These hours are easily and quickly loaded to Quickbooks online for payroll. It is the time clock of the 21st century! An excellent value for the money.

Cons

It doesn't do our work for us! Would like to see future versions eliminate clocking in/ out across employees when technology becomes available (e.g., fingerprint, iris)

Response from OnTheClock

Hello and thank you for the kind review! We offer a setting that allows you to add the set times your employees work to automatically punch them in and out. Additionally, we offer biometric/fingerprint reading for employees to clock in and out. Learn more from this link: https://www.ontheclock.com/Fingerprint_Timeclock_Punching.aspx

Mona H.

Love this software.

Reviewed on 2019/10/21

This has improved getting payroll in. I used to have to track down time sheets and worry I might be missing one. Now I can do payroll from anywhere I have access to a computer.

We are a small company and I'm the only one who does payroll. I can now take 5 minutes and log in and do payroll even if I'm on vacation. :)

Pros

This software is very easy to use and very affordable. We are very happy with our choice to use it.

Cons

I really can't think of anything. I worse problem is older employees who have challenges with technology not wanting to use it. (I have one employee I let do a paper time sheet. But that's just to keep her happy.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Mona,

We are very excited to read how our time clock system has helped improve your payroll.

Nathan D.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great program for small business

Reviewed on 2018/10/29

As a small business owner watching my operating expenses is critical. Being able to track labor easily and to be able to use the program for free because of my low number of employees makes this the best timeclovk program that I have found.

Pros

Ease of use, dashboard, reporting, customer service

Cons

On the clock.com does a great job. We would like the time clock to report it in hours and minutes as well as well as fractions. Not a big issue though. But this is what my staff came up with!

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Nathan,

We truly appreciate your feedback and great review.

Joseph S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great time keeping software for small business

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

Pros

Works well for our small company with 3 employees. We use the computer for log in and log out. We have not tried the Mobile or GPS features.

Cons

I would like to see any messages left by employees on the time sheet report without having to click on the edit button for the specific log in. These messages do go to email but it would be nice if they also showed on the main report as a reminder.

Response from OnTheClock

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for reviewing our time clock system and allowing us to understand your experience.

John Y.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Time clock for small business

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

Simplified and reduced the amount of time required for keeping accurate time cards for employees.
Allows employees to monitor their own hours and be self-accountable.
Forces employees to only clock in for themselves and actually be on the job when they clock-in.

Pros

Excellent product! Big company features in a very affordable .
Great customer service!

Cons

Our needs are simple. There really isn't anything I'm unhappy with.

Response from OnTheClock

Hey John, we appreciate you taking the time to review our time clock. Have a great day.

-OTC Team

Glenna S.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great product!

Reviewed on 2019/05/13

Pros

OnTheClock.com is so user friendly and is not a time consuming process. Perfect for our medical practice with multiple locations, multiple users. Customer support is awesome if you have any issues. I have recommended several times to peers.

Cons

We have used the product for years and I cannot say that there is anything I dislike about it.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Glenna,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to review our time clock system. Have a great day!

Taha R.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Great Time Capturing System

Reviewed on 2019/03/11

Good experience have been using it for several years.

Pros

Love the flexibility and ease of use. The vacation approval and geo-fencing is great as well.

Cons

I would like to have on the clock integrate directly to Netsuite. It would be nice to have a direct way to move data between on the clock and Netsuite without having to do an export and import.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Taha,

Thank you for taking the time to write an awesome review! We also appreciate the feedback regarding integration with Netsuite.

Alyssa J.

This program is very easy to use

Reviewed on 2017/10/02

Ease of use, web based.

Pros

Ease of use. This program is very easy for ALL employees to use (even the technically challenged ones)

Cons

Not as customizable as I would like. I would like to be able to adjust the employee selection, such as lunch break a little better. Also, the deduction for lunch should only be taken out if the employee worked over the amount defined for each punch record. Right now if an employee leaves for an hour (for an extended lunch) and punches in an out, it still subtracts a 1/2 hour if the total amount worked is over 6.0 hours.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Alyssa,

Thank you for the review. I encourage you to contact us if you need any assistance.

Christy P.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

This program has made managing employees hours so easy!

Reviewed on 2018/03/19

Remote employees ability to clock in/out easily.

Pros

We have 45 part time staff that never step foot in our office. This program easily allows our employees to manage their hours remotely! Everyone's hours are now in the same place!

Cons

I haven't found anything that I don't like yet and I have been using it for 2.5 years. The developers are always listening to ideas and "wants" from their customers and upgrading the program constantly!

Response from OnTheClock

Thank you for the review.

Mark E.
  • Industry: Insurance

its been great. works perfectly for what I need

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

ease of use, its free for me since I only have 1 employee. it does what i need without a hassle

Pros

I like that it has updated over time... I can now enter more than one day of hours for an employee at a time

Cons

I can't think of any cons at the moment... a time calculator would be helpful though. as of now my employee just jots down what time she arrived and what time she left so i have to use an hours calculator website to figure the hrs & min and then enter them in at the end of the month.

Response from OnTheClock

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the review. Our employee time clock system automatically records your employee's hours from the time they punched in and out and are calculated on the employee's time card. Are you having them use our system to punch in and out? They can do so from a variety of ways depending on how you want them to from features such as Group Punch, IP Restrictions, Mobile app, web browsers, etc.

Our system is designed to help so that you do not have to manually put employee hours in. Feel free to give us a call at 888-753-5999 and we will be more than happy to help you with these settings. Our goal is to make your employee time tracking as simple and easy as possible :)

We also offer a free time duration calculator and here is the link for that: https://www.ontheclock.com/time-duration-calculator-hours-minutes.aspx