Showing 48 reviews of 36

NEO LMS

LMS for schools, universities, and school districts

Showing 48 reviews of 36
Dr oscar V.

The best in the market! I have tried many LMS and none like NEO.

Reviewed on 2017/08/28

Productivity! This product allows me to be more effective in what I do and profess.

Pros

NEO has it all! I've a course creator and content integrator since 1996 and I can create academic solutions for an entire region, district and schools. NEO allows me to measure student performance across each boundary and create a community of learning among all stakeholders. NEO has very powerful tools that goes beyond the regular institution administration and operation, this is a holistic education tool!

Cons

As an educator and technology user in the classroom need to have off-line capability so in countries like mine where electricity is not a constant student can keep working while there is no connectivity and resume once they are back within the range of our net coverage.

Travis B.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

NEO LMS is great for teachers who have online assignments.

Reviewed on 2019/01/24

I have been using it for years now and love it.

Pros

Tech support is supreme.
I can give online and offline assignments.
I can update/edit projects anytime, anywhere.
They are constantly adding new features and refining others.

Cons

Navigation is sometimes awkward. For example, getting to 'Notes' for a student, there is only one route.

Manal I.

The best student interaction platform

Reviewed on 2017/08/26

Pros

It inculcates many features that transfers the real life classroom into an LMS portal. The last seen sessions of students, the various assignment formats and clear grading system are what I love the most.

Cons

It is very complex to be used, it needs a lot of practise and support to get the actual knowledge of.

John M.

NEO Online Classroom

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

I use this to manage an online classroom for 500 users. It is fairly easy to create assignments and monitor student completion. The NEO team is responsive to any questions.

Pros

Developer continues to add features.
Dependable platform.
Easy to use for student and teacher
Allows posts within assignments for student-teacher communication

Cons

Student-Teacher messaging system is not searchable for key words and does not show all messages sent to a student.

Kim E.

NEO is easy to use, delivers what it says it will, and is easily customized.

Reviewed on 2017/08/27

We get interactivity with the kids and the ability to both do teacher-led and self-paced activities. The adding of standards to assignments and quizzes and the ability to see a master wheel for each student is incredible. The gamification features work perfectly for our gaming and coding focused middle school.

Pros

The ability to apply standards to assignments and quizzes and see mastery wheels for each student based on those standards is FANTASTIC! With our focus on gamification, we can award badges and points, set up leaderboards and more! It's perfect for the unique, highly personalized learning that we focus on in our school.

Julia T.

School Use

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

We use this LMS for our K-12 school for teachers and students. I like the ease of duplicating courses from one year to another and the ability to have multiple teachers per course.

Cons

The calendar doesn't integrate well with iPhones and I've been restricted to desktop/ laptop use. I'd also like to have a better way to give feedback to submissions than what is currently available.

Andrew M.
  • Industry: Higher Education

I have been using NEO since 2011. Great product. Intuitive, provides excellent roi.

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Flexibility, stability. Ease of use.

Pros

The flexibility it provides for designing online and blended courses. Ease of use as admin and instructor. Students love it. Great customer support.

Cons

I am happy with the software. As an administrator I would like to have the ability to re-activate student accounts.

Amber B.

I have had excellent experience with this software!

Reviewed on 2017/08/25

Pros

I like the user interface. The help features and guides are excellent and have helped my staff with the set up of our courses. It is end-user friendly and has been a great tool for instructors and students.

our platform

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Storing resources, gathering marks of students. Creating quizzes and receiving work via Turnitin.

Pros

The quizzes and the storage of resources

Cons

Absentees, marks, schedules, accounts and reports cannot be printed from this platform.
It is not IOS friendly

Grace M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

NEO LMS Review

Reviewed on 2018/12/01

Pros

Its intention of being a learning management software.

Cons

1. Lessons are mostly by text and do not allow students to go through them step by step.
2. It is also not very easy navigating through the different functions, for ex. Gradebook
3. There are terms you have to know (for example, sticky) so you know what the function is, but no definition is offered anywhere
4. Math symbols are very limited
5. Tips on how to use shortcuts for classes are not easily accessible

Emmanuel P.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

The Joruney with NEO LMS

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Its basically using a platform that will complement face to face learning.In the near future, Online Learning will be fully employed, hence this will really be of help. NEO LMS is friendlier than other providers, at least in my experience as Administrator and the one supervising the implementation of the same.

Pros

The features that are updated from time to time. The capacity of the teacher to be able to check assessments as well as compute the grades.

Cons

I do not have anything against any of the features of NEO LMS.

Jovanca M.

Great

Reviewed on 2015/03/05

I´ve been using the free version of Edu 2.0, now NEO LMS, for almost five years. I have never had problems, nor my students. I love it. My students, also teachers, are using it now for their own classes. It is really great! It has almost all we need. and very easy to use. English is not our first language but we can manage it well.

Jan a A.

Great LMS

Reviewed on 2014/10/07

I have used this LMS the last 3 years! Now using the free one... It is just a really great LMS! Clear and easy to use.

Alphie G.

Blended Learning Made Easy

Reviewed on 2018/12/01

My system of teaching the lessons and assessing the students changed when our institution adapted NEO LMS. Before, I am always worried of the suspension of classes and its effect to the flow of the lesson to be delivered but having NEO with me it eliminated the fear of not meeting my class in a face-to-face set up. NEO brings me closer to my students whether we go synchronous or asynchronous.

Pros

NEO LMS is very easy navigate. Lessons can easily be done even without the users guide or manual. I really like the customer support because of its efficient and quick response. In terms of grading assessments, I find it easy with the use of its Rubric feature. Before, I used to have a lot of papers to bring whenever I go but with NEO LMS, I just need to pull out my tablet to check the submissions of my students. Lastly, my students are more engaged and they enjoy more because of the gamification feature which other LMS don’t have.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons about NEO LMS. Its the perfect LMS for me. I have tested and tried other LMS which are complicated to use. But with NEO, everything is easy. If there is one thing that needs improvement, it would be the mobile app specifically for android devices.

Cailee K.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Love NEO, but hate NEO LMS (the app)

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Pros

Love how through apple classroom you can lock students to this app to force them to not cheat on a NEO quiz.

Cons

The app is very glitchy! Sometimes it just shuts down when a student is working in it. Also not all of the quiz features work on the app. The first time students log in to the app is very confusing for them since they have to exactly type in the name of their district.

José F.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Best LMS!

Reviewed on 2016/11/05

We use NEO LMS for short online continuing education courses. Almost never students make question about the navigation and funcionality. The organization is as pedagogical as it can be. Rubrics are an espectacular tool to give feedback to the student participation in forums, discutions, debates and other tasks. We make all the presential and hybrid classes complete paperless, and the full online students enjoy the liberty of learning on the go.

Pros

User friendly.

Cons

We like to have dual dates for the task that have multiple parts.

Daria K.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Beautiful platform

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

Stress free experience. I’m always emailed about new assignments, grades and comments. Submissions are easy.

Pros

I like this platform more than others I’ve tried. I’ve used Moodle for many years and recently changed schools. Neo is much more user friendly, has beautiful design, and is easy to navigate from desktop or phone. I also like that it allows Face ID to log in.

Cons

Didn’t notice any cons except i’d prefer more options for editing text in the discussion.

Anna W.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Review of NEO LMS (LanSchool)

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Overall, it has been helpful.

Pros

I like that they make improvements, add new features.

Cons

Overall, no issues that I don't like. There are a few features that I would change (instead of having to remember to "give" an assignment, have a box that automatically comes up and asks you if you want to go ahead and give it, that way you don't forget) but overall no complaints.

Gladys M.

Students and teachers both find this LMS very easy to use, and to be able to customize is...

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

The price is perfect. Students and Teachers advise me of the ease of use and the aesthetic appeal of the LMS.

Pros

The ease of use, the visual appeal and the ability to customize the LMS to reflect individual schools.

Cons

It would be wonderful if discussions could have peer reviews and liking. In addition, if there were more options for the type of test questions such as drag and drop.

Peter W.

NEO LMS is easy to use, offers competitive prices and its support has short response time.

Reviewed on 2017/08/28

Pros

As an administrator, I like the ability to synchronize enrollments using API. I also appreciate that with Enterprise Plan I can now re-activate archived users myself.

Cons

I would like to have choice to select from more roles for our users, or even better - to have a role which can be customized. We need stronger Monitor or weaker Admin account.

Rick P.

Excellent tool for conducting learning management. It very user friendly with constant...

Reviewed on 2017/08/25

Just an excellent tool to manage the teaching and learning environment - and cost effective as well

Pros

It's easily accessible for students and faculty. The grading system and blogging sites are excellent.

Cons

The cutoff for student cost is high.

Cecilia K.

An excellent help

Reviewed on 2014/02/06

I just started using edu20 this year (August 2013), and it is truly a great help for me and my students to keep track of our work. It saves time since they do not have to search for lost handouts, notes about homework, etc. It also saves paper.

The tools available - for free! - are amazing: lessons, assignments of different sorts, forums, blogs, and more. The design is neutral and the site fairly easy to navigate and use - though I am sure there are things I have yet to learn to make it easier still.

The editing tools for a lesson page are OK but could be easier to use - paragraphing and listing is still tricky, I find, and there is no tabs function, I think, for example - and sometimes when I paste in from a Word document, bits are lost and formatting is altered.

Overall, I would recommed edu20 to any teacher who wants to make use of the cloud in teaching, whether you want to put in more time and learn to explore the full possibilities or not, you can always start out fairly quickly with a class and try things out as you go - that is what I am doing and the students seem to appreciate it. We are thankful all the way from Sweden!