QuickFill

Online subscription fulfillment & accounting for publishers

Mary P.
  • Industry: Publishing

Where Would We Be Without QuickFill??

Reviewed on 2021/03/09

We’ve been using QuickFill for over 20 years and have been very happy with it. The software has been a perfect fit for us and handles all of the circulation, fulfillment, and accounting aspects of our smaller publishing business easily and effectively.

Their customer service is excellent and their tech support extraordinary. (I can’t think of a time tech support couldn’t answer a question or solve a problem our staff had). When the pandemic hit suddenly last year and we were only given 24 hour notice that our building was being shut down, the team at CWC moved us seamlessly from a desktop application to the Cloud platform—in less than 24 hours! Amazing.

Pros

This software is intuitive and easy to use. As a faith based non-profit publisher, we have a small staff (7) and utilize many volunteers. It is easy to train new volunteers on QuickFill. Data entry in the system is straightforward and easy to learn and the variety and comprehensive nature of the reports is indispensable in tracking our circulation and financial growth. Options for setting up and changing renewal series and/or billing series is equally straightforward.

Cons

The only negative for our company is that handling group subscriptions in QF is a bit cumbersome. We receive a lot of group subscriptions and managing them is not always as easy as we would like.

Faith M.
  • Industry: Publishing

In over 10 years of use this program is consistent and dependable.

Reviewed on 2017/05/04

Ease of use, adaptability and flexibility and the ability to run reports on both an ad hoc and scheduled basis. This allows for us to know how well our marketing programs are working when acquiring new customers or retaining those we already have.

Pros

The ability to run reports, make changes as needed with no wait time like you usually experience when working with service bureaus. From a customer service perspective, we have up to the minute information to quickly make updates or resolve issues. Another positive are the people behind CWC Software, they are there to serve you -- their customer. If someone is unsure on how to process a transaction or resolve a problem, their customer support team is great. They work with you to better understand what happened and how to fix it. As a company, when your needs exceed what the program currently offers, they work with you to understand the goal and then, if possible, work with you to come up with a solution.

Cons

Sometimes change requires customization which can take time to implement. Would like a little more autonomy in how landing pages/forms look and be able to make changes on the fly.

Response from CWC Software

As a long-time (almost 30 years) provider of software and support I can attest to the fact that it is great to have customers like EH Media who see our relationship as being a partnership.

Pam S.

Very responsive

Reviewed on 2021/03/10

The ability to send out renewal offers by email with a link to online payment processor has saved us a lot of money in printing and postage.

Pros

Easy to set up new products and create renewal offers.

Cons

Can't easily add a ship-to address to an existing subscription or create a multi-product invoice.

Karen P.

Quickfill assessment

Reviewed on 2021/03/15

We have been pleased with our Quickfill circulation system. It has worked well for what is needed for our smaller sized subscriber database. On top of a very good product, the technical support is outstanding!

Pros

It is very user friendly. I am able to easily generate reports of our subscriber base that are very helpful to our advertising and marketing teams.

Cons

Setting up the marketing offers and codes and the renewal efforts etc. can be somewhat tedious.

Laura R.

I am still learning how to use some of the features. It isn't intuitive, so I often need help.

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

It gives me labels and renewal notices accurately.

Pros

It is accurate, holds a lot of historical data, and delivers most of the reports that I need fairly easily.

Cons

Setting up rates and renewal cycles is complicated and not easy. And getting some reports that give me the information I need is very difficult. I didn't receive any training when I took this position at my company, so have had to figure out a lot of this on my own.

Beverly S.

Quickfill has proven to be a invaluable tool in maintaining our small but growing subscription...

Reviewed on 2017/05/04

I can easily manage my subscription database from my office or home. Can easily update management on the state of our circulation at any time.

Pros

It was relatively easy to learn and the customer support was outstanding. CWC staff were readily available to answer questions and walk you through a procedure.

Cons

Functionality is great; appearance is dated. Graphics need to updated to make it look fresh, current and user friendly.

Robin L.

Buffalo Spree

Reviewed on 2021/03/10

There are some features I have not yet mastered or explored, like generating renewal or billing letters right from the system, or setting up automated scheduled reports.

Quickfill is great for where we are right now in our business, but also has the capacity to grow with us.

Pros

It's very intuitive on the data entry side. There are tons of reports and analyses you can pull.

The cloud based platform is ideal for our new "remote" office situation.

Great support when I need it.

Cons

I am not able to enter credit card orders into the cloudbased software, to be processed from there. We still have to hand enter phone or mailed credit card orders off-platform.

Response from CWC Software

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback. At this time, QuickFill integrates directly with one credit card processor, and we're working toward integration with others in the future. Support staff will be reaching out to you to discuss credit card processing options further.

Charlene T.

Quickfill 2021 Review

Reviewed on 2021/03/09

Able to properly record revenue on an accrual basis and provides detail of deferred revenue.

Pros

Deferred Revenue Calculation and ability to adjust orders

Cons

Duplication detection only occurs when the subscriber is in the same zip code.

Unable to run an export based on accrual based revenue by state, used to report Nexus. CWC wrote an excel pivot table program to run, achieving the outcome we needed.

Larry D.
  • Industry: Sports

TFG Review

Reviewed on 2021/03/15

Pros

Ease of use. Ability to copy and paste emails into the comment section.

Cons

I liked most of the features. It would be nice to be able to save pdf documents in each subscription file.

Diana T.

A Really Good Software

Reviewed on 2021/03/09

It's just a great software I can't think of anything negative to say. It does what I want and it's easy to use .It gives me all the numbers and info I need and want.

Pros

I have been using Quick fill for many years it's user friendly was easy to learn and the support staff is a great help. This is a great software and it's so easy to train staff on it.

Cons

On the look up page I wish the first boxwas the Quick Fill number not the zip code or postal code

James C.

A robust subscription management program, which is great value for money with excellent support

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

1. Reasonably priced
2. Friendly, knowledgeable and responsive support
3. Powerful out-of-the box subscription management capabilities
4. They can provide inexpensive custom programming/modules for you business specific requirements
5. Good standard reporting (new order/renewal analysis, revenue etc.)

Cons

1. No Api. It would be nice to be able to integrate it better with our website, without using QFIE
2. Always shows monthly Automatic renewal subscriptions (good till cancel) as expired and with an expire date which changes each month. This is a little misleading for new users and makes exporting active subscriptions based on status tricky (can be worked around using issue served, but it's not easy for new users)
3. Could have better cross-publication reporting e.g. multi-pubs (again there are workarounds but they are not straight forward)

Nancy H.
  • Industry: Publishing

Quickfill easy to use once learned and the support team is very knowledgeable and react...

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

The ease of updating our magazines..the thoroughness of the reports. It works great for importing subscription online. It's very easy to gather information for customers when they call in, by viewing the history. Analyzing subscriptions is easy and convenient. There are a lot of choices.

Cons

It takes a long time to train someone because it is so precise. There is a lot to learn. Once you have it's great. Two small things in the program are: the Issue Labels update screen it is hard to follow the lines visually and price adjustments can be tricky.

Matthew H.
  • Industry: Publishing

We've been using the software since it was a MS-DOS based product. Extremely satisfied.

Reviewed on 2017/05/04

Pros

That it is intuitive, makes order processing simple, and allows us to service our customers without challenges. I recommend the software to others in my field with full confidence and without hesitation .

Cons

Due to it being a "windows-based" system, there are some processes that require the use of a mouse, forcing the user to depart from the keyboard, which slows down work. It would be good to have a way to process checks "in line" like we can process credit cards.

Mary P.

We've used QF for almost 20 years and our magazine could not have grown as it has without it.

Reviewed on 2017/05/04

Pros

It's comprehensive--manages data well, fulfills subscriptions, handles renewals, takes care of the accounting. Customer support is exceptional and they continue to make improvements in the software. QFIE, the internet extension, has proven invaluable for subscription fulfillment on our website.

Cons

Group subscriptions and renewals are cumbersome to manage in QF and our business has quite a few groups.

Argus G.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Pros

The ease of use, I've been using it for several years making it even easier. I especially like how logical setting up a job is. I can't say enough about the help desk they are very quick to assist when needed and extremely thoughtful.

Cons

Very few cons, a few jobs can take a while to run but nothing that makes the work flow needs compromised.

Shannon F.
  • Industry: Publishing

Tech support is great. Software itself is good. Wish it was easier to pull out data.

Reviewed on 2017/05/11

Reliable way to store and manage subscribers.

Pros

We love the convenient "snowbird" address updates. I like how easy it is to export reports into excel. It has an easy-to-use user interface.

Cons

It can be cumbersome to delete old or outdated tracking codes, etc. I wish it were easier to get some of the report data I need.

Suzi F.

The Ease of using QuickFill

Reviewed on 2021/03/10

Being able to have our subscribers pay online and we can import the payments as often as we need to. We brought our bigger publication in house for us to handle instead of panning out to a fulfillment house. The fulfillment house was not satisfactory and we had customers very upset about the customer service they were getting. QuickFill worked with us to bring the database into QuickFill without any major inflictions.

Pros

When I was first introduced to QuickFill, I could not believe how data entering was so easy. I find the reports give me the information I need and are easy to use. Importing into QuickFill is also simple and without errors. Getting help with customer service is very timely and without any or much wait.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to look up a customer if you don't have much information. Being able to use a telephone number or street address would help immensely for lookup.

Response from CWC Software

Thank you for taking the time for this review. We appreciate your feedback. The Customer Search Report, located on the Customer Lists Report menu, provides the ability to locate customers based on telephone number, purchase order number, or payment number. You can also use wild cards on this and other report filters to find what you're looking for. Please contact support staff if you have additional questions or concerns.

Rhonda T.

Quickfill Customer/User Review

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

By purchasing and using the Quickfill software, we are able to process our subscription requests more quickly and efficiently. It has a tremendous import/export capability that also helps us bring information into a database management program we use to do specialized mailings/emails/faxes to our subscribers. I couldn't ask for a better program and the tech support staff are always friendly, quick to respond and helpful.

Pros

Quickfill is an AMAZING product! It is very intuitive and is extremely easy to use. Before becoming a QF user, we had our own programmer and custom written software and I much prefer to use Quickfill because of it's setup and ease of use. It will show messages that make circulation data entry very quick and efficient, even for an audited set of information. The integration into our existing business process well over 10 years ago was very seamless and efficient!

Cons

I wish there was a way to change the order the subscription orders appear. Currently it shows the most recent order at the top, but I would rather be able to sort the viewing by our publication codes, which would make keying more efficient.

Cristine R.
  • Industry: Publishing

We use Hosted QuickFill for subscription fulfillment--print, online & CME exams, & site...

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Quicker turnaround time of work, better and faster reporting to Marketing and Admin, lower costs.

Pros

Ease of use, breadth of standard reports, bedrock stability of software & incredibly responsive and knowledgeable Tech Support. If they don't know the answer immediately, they will find out or offer other solutions from a real-world perspective. When we first converted from our previous software, the conversion team was incredibly focused and on-point. We lost virtually nothing. Software updates are well-documented and painless.

Cons

Report & file export filter screens can be a bit limiting for very sophisticated/complex queries. You almost have to become proficient at SQL or some other reporting tool that can pull data out of the database outside of QuickFill. A couple of screens can be a bit clumsy to use because of the interface. Hosted QF took some getting used to. Storage on the hosted drives is limited, so you must be vigilant about moving data to your local or network drives.

Suzanne M.

The software handles most everything we need and has most all of the reports we could want.

Reviewed on 2018/03/12

Pros

It is easy to navigate and to figure out most functions. We do a large number of requalifications of controlled subs via QFIE and use this function to also control website access levels. It is fairly easy to get data in and out of the database as needed. The support staff is very helpful in solving functionality issues as they come up and responsive to questions and suggestions

Cons

Some data is not available in spreadsheets for list pulls. For instance, region for country list pulls. Since only a few countries can be pulled at once, it would be very helpful to be able to pull by region to get all of, for instance, Africa or South America, without pulling the whole file then filtering down to only those countries needed. Or perhaps a lot more slots to identify criteria for pulling lists. I also think a stronger duplication check system is needed. For instance, if there were a publication set up box that could be checked to either allow or not allow print and digital subs for Controlled. If not allowed, the duplication routine could then be set so there could be no controlled sub with more than one active sub to the same publication. Also, some warning when an email address is already active on file. This would help with website access issues.

Dick S.

Quickfill is a great product for our small publishing outfit.

Reviewed on 2017/05/12

It allows us to run our fulfilment operations affordably and relatively professionally even though we are not experts in this area. Our magazine is audited (BPA) and Quickfill is set up to support that easily.

Pros

It is relatively easy to use and set up if you have fulfilment experience and is a great tool to manage the print and digital subscriptions of our magazine. It provides a more affordable alternative to outsourcing fulfilment and the software is very reliable. We are definitely not experts in fulfilment, so we are really happy that Quickfill has an excellent customer support team that can quickly answer any question.

Cons

Like much of the publishing industry, it has a bit of a legacy feel about it. Its base architecture stems from print subscription management. We use it for print and digital and it does the job for us. Ideally we would include our email newsletters, but we haven't figured out how to do that easily (we use MailChimp). The key to working effectively with Quickfill is knowing a fair bit about fulfilment in general and how to operate the software in particular. It takes time to acquire that knowledge, especially in an organization like ours where publishing is not the only focus. So ideally the software would be more written for users who are relative novices.

Jackie D.
  • Industry: Publishing

Simple software to use with great customer service. The staff are very knowledgeable.

Reviewed on 2017/05/11

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to export and import large number of records easily. The ability to search on a number of fields. The ability to customise some of the features and views that are shown as a user.

Cons

I would like the offers to be grouped into section rather than how they are currently laid out and possibly a custom report tool. I currently use access and pull tables together to create reports but no one else within the group has a good understanding how to use access or combine tables.

Kim M.

CWC Software Review - QuickFill

Reviewed on 2015/01/07

BLR (formerly M. Lee Smith Publishers) have been QuickFill users for more than 20 years. I can tell you for all of those years we have been very pleased with the system and support we receive from CWC Software. Ross and his team are very responsive and have been a huge asset in assisting us with multiple conversions from different fulfillment systems. QuickFill is a user friendly system and while it has it's limitations it really keeps you in line using a fulfillment system for what a fulfillment system is meant to do. We have a great relationship with the team at CWC Software and I would be happy to talk with anyone thinking about making a change.

Jeremy W.
  • Industry: Publishing

Very easy to change offers and promotions on the fly. A good commerce page for the...

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

An inexpensive multi-faceted ecommerce solution tailored to the Media industry. The platform has increased efficiency and allowed us greater flexibility in promoting our products.

Pros

I can run price testing and change offers while tracking results very quickly. The forms are tied directly to the database allowing us to easily cross-promote between products and customer segments. Managing the forms from the database also allows for documenting updates, changes, preventing duplication and really allows a great deal of flexibility. The tech support is also very high and very responsive. Superior to most of the other SaaS vendors I've worked with, and considerably more responsive.

Cons

Because it's a fixed form built to interact with a database there is functionality that is challenging, but only at the fringes. Updating graphics has to be done by CWC so it's not as fast or real-time as testing offers and prices. Hopefully a future build of the page will allow users to more quickly make graphic updates.

Suzi H.

QuickFill is Simply the Best

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

Extremely positive. The creators of this software have obviously worked in the publishing business because they have such a complete picture of what is needed, features that cut time off your data entry and they know what kind of reports will help you run your business. Their customer service is outstanding. If I have a need or an issue, they are on the phone to me, usually within the hour to offer assistance. And really, that is the most important thing - customer service. Because if you are stuck with nobody to help, that downtime is wasted time.

Pros

QuickFill software is user friendly. With some very basic instructions, a person can immediately enter new files and track their progress. I love that you can review your work easily as you go. And, because I occasionally make errors, it is remarkably easy to catch them and fix them. In over 20 years of working with QuickFill, I have not found an error that wasn't fixable.

Cons

Honestly, it's hard to think of a complaint. Over the years, when I have come upon a situation that I thought CWC should address, before I can contact them, they issue an update with a remedy to that exact problem. They listen to their customers and are always on top of the next new need.