Syxsense

Threat prevention & endpoint detection and response software

Paul R.
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

An essential tool for any IT Department

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Overall I would recommend this for anyone trying to stay on top of the security element of their network. Its is an essential tool for any IT Department.

Pros

This software allows you, at a glance to see exactly where you are with your patching on each device.

Cons

Sometimes and rarely you may get sync issues but support have always been on hand to resolve the issue and quickly.

Ètienne R.
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Syxsense patch management is instrumental in making telework happen

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

A couple of years ago, our organization saw a need to move its patch management technology, which was on-prem, to a cloud solution. As we started to transition to a mobile workforce, we quickly realized that we needed to have the same visibility into the laptops as we had into our desktops and servers. We vetted several companies. None offered the capability and simplicity of the Syxsense.

Pros

Syxsense is much more than a patch management solution. Syxsense gives us the ability to deploy software and provide remote assistance to our employees no matter where they are in the world.

Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, with more and more of our employees being required to work from home, Syxsense has been instrumental in making telework happen for our organization.

Cons

Having a cloud solution is a huge benefit over what we were using, which was on-prem. There's nothing I like least.

Sean M.

Patching rescue to Covid-19

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

I've been able to address Windows patching for staff who no longer come into our network due to Covid-19, as well as software patching capabilities. Remote management has also been helpful as well as basic system review/maintenance in the background without the user's input(CMD/Powershell).

Pros

The software allows us to easily manage the Windows/software patches to our fleet of users forces to work remotely due to Covid-19. the software was easy to deploy and fairly intuitive to use.

Cons

So far I haven't found any drawbacks to the system.

Antonio F.

Painless Implementation for a Better Managed Environment

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

Patch manager drastically improved the maintenance of our organization's devices by providing a quick and easy method to keep computers healthy and up to date. We implemented Patch Manager for the use of managing our many client devices from a security and update perspective. The discovery phase is quick and painless resulting in a fast implementation. I would definitely recommend the product and will continue vouch for it in future workplaces.

Pros

Great visibility of all devices organization wide.
Easily check health status of devices.
User friendly and globally accessible web interface.

Cons

More robust server patching would have made managing servers through Patch Manager just as valuable as client devices.

Daniel B.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Very good patch management software

Reviewed on 2017/09/14

Pros

Very easy to use software. It has so many more features than any other patch management software on the market. Easy to use task config and setup.

Cons

One thin I would like to see is better communication between the endpoints and the application to update the IP address as soon as a new connection is made. currently that side of it is pretty slow.

Jared M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Let us get rid of WSUS

Reviewed on 2017/02/24

Ansafone has 500 devices across two locations (Santa Ana and Florida). We were using WSUS but had no way to patch 3rd party applications. We also needed to comply with HIPAA. Outside of WSUS we were manually creating the reports needed and patching 3rd party apps. CMS gave us the ability to patch MS and 3rd party applications across both sites. We've saved alot of time over using WSUS, manually patching 3rd party apps, and manually creating reports.

Pros

Easy to use for any location. Patches 3rd Party. Patch content is always up to date. Saves us a lot of time.

Sean C.

Excellent Patch Management Software

Reviewed on 2017/03/15

After looking into multiple solutions to manage our patching across the organization we decided on CMS for its ease of use, quick setup, and cloud based offering. We had everything up and running within a few hours and were able to catch up on a multitude of patches within the first week. Using the software allowed us to meet our strict compliance goals and provide reports showing where these goals had been met. Outside of patching we have began using the remote control feature and the software deployment feature of the platform which has been a life saver for our remote users. Overall, the software has paid for itself in a few months and confirmed we made the right choice for our needs.

I would also like to mention that the sales and support group have been fantastic. The sales team worked with me on cost to meet our desired budget and support has been nothing short of great. Any questions or concerns I had were answered and the one issue we ran into was taken care of same day. Overall a great experience start to finish.

Matheus N.

Syxsense is a great tool in its main proposed functions.

Reviewed on 2020/10/09

Pros

Being able to manage computer security quickly and easily is great. The patch management is done in a way that I have not found in another tool.

Cons

Minor flaws in the remote access function, but nothing that impedes the main functions of the solution.

Trang H.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A good network management system

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

Pros

Looking for a good network management system for our company and I found this Patch Manager. The first impression is the interface, it looks very easy to use, maybe it's because I quite familiar with many kinds of sotfware .

Cons

From my personal opinion, I don't have any complaint except the cost is very high. Yet you can use the trial version and then consider to buy it later.

Anthony D.

Easy to use, Very efficient, Wonderful product!

Reviewed on 2018/06/22

Pros

The ease at which the dashboard allows you to monitor and audit endpoints. I also like the built in reporting features.

Cons

The website is sometimes slow to load especially if a task is already running. Other than that, i very much enjoyed the product!

Dan B.

PC Management made easy

Reviewed on 2017/02/27

We were originally using another platform to manage our endpoints that was confusing and outdated. Once we decided to make the change to Cloud Management Suite we started to notice immediate impact. We can now update, discover and find out information about all of our endpoints with a few clicks.

Pros

Easy to use and learn. Lots of great functionality that can be put to use right after installation.

Cons

Missing a few important tasks such as remote restart/shutdown.

Mike N.

Really useful tool for distributed environments

Reviewed on 2016/04/14

Really glad we found this solution for my company, which has offices all over the world. The tool is efficient, easy-to-use, and set-up was smooth. Verismic's team also had awesome customer service and consistently answered my questions along the way. My fav part of the patch management tool is the device health feature, which shows where the unpatched systems are and what patches those systems need. I would recommend this to any IT manager that wants an easy to use cloud-based tool.

Bertie P.

Super slick patch management product

Reviewed on 2016/05/05

So far my experience with the Cloud Management Suite's Patch Manager tool has been awesome. The controls are very intuitive which makes the patching process extremely simple from start to finish.

Simon B.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Easy to use Patch Management System

Reviewed on 2016/10/18

Having looked at several patch management systems, we decided to use Cloud Management Suite because (a) pricing and (b) the ease of use. You didn't need a degree to get to grips with the system.

Pros

Ease to use.

Cons

Its slow sometimes for updates and to access the site

Kerry L.
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

A worthy tool in any seurity arsenal

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Very satisfied with the product and it has been instrumental in our security program

Pros

I like the ability to see statuses at a qucik glance and this product provides that. No time wasted searching. Easy to use. Many, many features and more keep getting added

Cons

Some of the more advanced features coulds do with better documentation

Ajet I.
  • Industry: Automotive

Good system for patching servers

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

we are using them for almost 2 years and are very satisfied. Are able to patch 1000+ remote servers.

Pros

Its easy to setup, cloud based so you don't have to setup and configure any on-prem infrastructure, can patch servers without being connected locally to them i.e over vpn or on same subnet

Cons

Not much, it works really well, sometime when they have new features they might break some tasks and support is not fast in fixing them but that does not happen very ofthen

Adam N.

Syxsense has made management of remote users a breeze

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

Our company had a problem with management of users working from home. If they did not connect to VPN there was not a lot we could do to keep the machine patched and secure. Ever since we installed the Syxsense agent on all our machines we can keep them up to date and connect to them with one click from the dashboard.

Pros

Being able to connect to remote machines easily was a big need for us and syxsense makes it very simple for the administrator and the end user. Patching computers automatically and being able to see the inventory of computers is very useful for me.

Cons

The amount of steps you have to go through to create a task I feel could be improved.

Wilfredo L.

Mid size company using Patch Manager to manage Desktop/Laptop updating policy

Reviewed on 2019/07/12

Outlook windows updates were causing issues and since wsus packages these we could not manage the updates with out a tool, since CMS we are not able to verify the update before deploying.

Pros

The ease of use, we have spent less time managing the program and less time assisting with issues since the deployment of CMS/ Patch Manager.

Cons

Not sure yet seems to work fine on all aspects and functions

Paul M.

One of our key tools

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

We use Syxsense to quickly associate and end user with a device, for remote control of devices and of course to maintain patching on all devices

Pros

We really like the user friendly interface. It gives us a quick view of all of our devices and access to them using the remote control element.

Cons

This may be operator error but there seems to be a gap in assessing and deploying patches to machines that need them. For example, if we see that a particular machine needs a patch it would be useful to know which other machines need the same patch. The only way I know to do this is to note the patch # and then look up that patch under Patches and create a job from there. IT would be very helpful to see and do this right from the patch view under the an individual machine.

Another wish list item would be regarding asset mgmt. While this gives us some asset mgmt ability it falls short of a complete solution

Dustin W.

Still Implementing but so far Impressed

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

We have a unique environment where we have 11 total sites and fairly slow links to some of our more remote locations. Pushing windows updates across these links was next to impossible. Cloud Management Suite helps us to fix this issue by allowing the system updates to come down over our faster internet connections at these sites instead of trying to push it across our much slower ELAN.

Pros

The ease of deployment was a huge selling point for my organization. We have been able to include the client on our images which wasn't an option with some of the other solutions that we looked at before purchasing Cloud Management Suite. We also really like the fact that we can upload our own custom install packages into the cloud and push them down to our clients at our 10 remote locations.

Cons

The web console can be a disjointed at times. Every now and then the page doesn't refresh properly and I am forced to go back and repeat the same process over again. I think that this is fairly common with web consoles though and is a huge hindrance to our overall workflow.

Amanda B.

Great Product Great Support

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

Its been great, so easy to use and helpful beyond imagine

Pros

I like the customization! I can run specific patches on specific devices at specific. I can schedule night patches, I can exclude servers, and can review the task. I also love the support, I always get a response that day and get a follow up as well

Cons

The limited reports and that some were removed.

Jayson J.

Syxsense

Reviewed on 2020/11/18

Pros

Easy patch deployment in and out of the organisation’s network.
Possible to deploy software too

Cons

Slow web console interface, needs to refresh at timess

Samuel R.

Excellent product, makes OS and Application patching as easy as it gets

Reviewed on 2016/04/11

I have a background with SCCM 2012, Seccunia, Desktop Central, and a few other endpoint management systems... and I will hand it to these guys at CMS... they have made a product that is very intuitive and very easy to get up and running.
Their customer service was also excellent. They were very quick to respond, always available to help, and good people all around. I would recommend them to any small business with limited IT resources who want a simple platform to get up and running quick with no on-prem server to maintain and no week long training classes required to administer.

Jeremy T.

Great software

Reviewed on 2016/04/21

We chose Patch Manager because it was a cloud based system and we have many users who travel. We can verify all patches have run without the user ever having to login with VPN. Great software. The support have been perfect, they have helped us with any issues (mainly on our side) that have come up.

Paul B.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Additional features and reduced costs.

Reviewed on 2020/10/08

My over experience with Syxsense Manage has been excellent. When I came into this role there had been a lack of follow up from my MSP on why patches where failing and as a result the estate wasn't patched to a level I was happy with. It only took 3 months with Sxysense Manage to get every machines completely 100% patched, including some key 3rd party applications not just Microsoft and Apple Mac OS patches.

Pros

It has allowed me to have a granularity over my estate patching that I never had when I had a Managed Service Provider patching my estate for me.

The remote control function is good in that all a device needs is to have an internet connection for us to be able to fix issues. This has helped us fix VPN issues, remotely.

Reporting, the detailed reporting is invaluable to prove the system is doing what I expect and when.

Cons

Remote control tools is a little "flakely" over lower bandwidth connections.