Thought Industries

Powering the Business of Learning

Erin W.

Not your standard LMS

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

We feel like we have a partner in our virtual learning experience, and that's important.

Pros

We like the ability to subgroup our customers into groups which allows us to assign a "manager" that can assign and manage content to users.

We like the mobile responsiveness and the ability to access clear content from anywhere.

The course build-out functionality is very easy to use and offers many ways to engage the learners.

Reporting feature is robust and provides the ability to customize your reports based on your need.

Cons

Native webinar functionality still needs some work- but happy with the road map.

Carmen R.

Seeing is believing.

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

We're able to provide much more training and disseminate it pretty easily using Thought Industries. The platform has definitely freed up some man power as we have been able to automate some things like certificates.

Pros

Purchasable content has been the best for our organization! We used this platform for internal training for several months, but when COVID hit started using it for client training. Until we started using Thought Industries we manually created certificates (sometimes hundreds at a time), so this has definitely saved time.

Cons

Some features are too customizable and it's easy to get all kinds of tangled. I also think the software is very very expensive.

Response from Thought Industries

Hi Carmen! Thank you so much for your thoughts. We are so happy to know you're seeing value from monetizing your content and freeing up time by automating your certification process. We share all reviews across our teams and appreciate you taking the time. Thank you again for your partnership!

Lea F.

Great LMS with much functionality and always improving!

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

We are utilizing the platform to deliver eClasses as well as a digital version of our printed products. The two business models use different access methods and TI is always willing to work with us to find solutions, and/or scope our needs. They are very responsive to support inquiries, and are always eager to help us solve our business issues. They are a great partner and great to work with!

Pros

I appreciate TI's willingness to work with us to scope on our needs to accommodate our two very different business models. I also like that the platform has a lot of very robust functionality, yet still very easy to use.

Cons

The reporting leaves something to be desired. Although there is a lot of data available, the dashboards are not intuitive, and using a date range doesn't change some of the data. Like number of users is always the same, no matter what the data range is. There is also a lot of usable data that is not surfaced in any of the available reports. Reporting can tend to be a manual and tedious process. Also, there needs to be more granularity with the role permissions, or the ability to toggle functionality on and off for certain roles. I hope is that they invest development in a better content management system. My only other gripe is that you can't delete learners (only disable them).

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you so much for your review! We're excited to hear your positive feedback. We are improving our reporting capabilities and look forward to hearing your feelings towards those changes.

Ben C.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Love Thought Industries

Reviewed on 2019/06/12

From day 1, I've been incredibly impressed with TI, their platform, and their customer support. There was a bit of a learning curve to navigate through the admin side and understand all of the functionality, but how else would you engrain in the trenches of such a robust eLearning hosted experience. And their Voice of the Customer process for submitting real-time feedback and product improvements is awesome! Their customer support is unmatched and always ready to dive in and find solutions to my errors or admin requests.

Pros

The TI Platform has such a myriad of page types and lesson functionality that we keep our learners entertained and progressing while tackling the tough concepts of accounting and finance.

Cons

The reporting functionality is improving, which I like. At first, I was generating custom reports as requested by clients, and it seemed like the most basic of information regarding learner progress was overlooked. Clients wanted to know percentage completion by learner within each course, rather than the basic reporting fields of "Started" and "Completed" which were so black and white. I believe the dev team is working on making this reporting more mainstream and I'm encouraged by that.

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you for the positive review! It is great to hear that things are going well with both the platform and our team. We appreciate you providing this feedback.

Mary ellen T.

A platform with a lot of possibilities

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

Tedious. I appreciate the help of our TI contacts. They did their best and continue to answer our questions to the best of their ability when we need help. Some things we need just aren't available in the system and we were told otherwise when we went to purchase it at the beginning.

Pros

We appreciated the help from our TI contacts and all the ways you can make your learning platform/learning path unique for your company. The wistia app was very helpful in uploading/storing and moving videos over to the TI platform. Visually the program looks very nice.

Cons

I am not the main purchaser of this program, but I believe my boss was misled by a TI salesmen about what the TI platform was capable of when he agreed to purchase it. I do not know if it is the best platform for our type of content, but our TI contacts did their best to try and help us put our content in the system and display it in a way that made sense. The system is very complicated. A lot of clicking on the back end to design and add content and create learning paths. The group upload CVS did not work at all for us and was incredibly difficult to use. I had to code it in another program to upload a group of 80+ after trying and failing several times. There are so many features, but they become difficult to use, understand, and employ correctly.

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you for the feedback. We're glad to hear our Customer Success and Support team are so helpful in assisting you with the platform. I encourage you to utilize Voice of the Customer for any product shortcomings which our Product team reviews weekly with the Success team. We're continually working to improve the ease of use and valuable feedback like this helps us pinpoint where there is room to improve.
We appreciate your review and are excited about the opportunity to improve together.

David F.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

An effective LMS with great customer support

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

Pros

Thought Industries is a capable LMS and its leadership is constantly looking to add new features and functions. Since becoming the LMS Admin, there is very little daily "work" I need to do to ensure users can access and complete the content they need to. It just works!

Cons

Reporting has come a LONG way from when I first took over this platform at my company. However the biggest "miss" is still the lack of rules. For example, I cannot easily define a rule that says "assign all new hires in the Customer Service Department, the following training courses"

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you for your feedback David! I'll share with our Product team to see if we can help resolve the reporting rules issue.

Mike W.

You had me at Panoramas!

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Pros

As the leader in strategy, finance, and business acumen training, we needed a digital learning solution that we could brand and customize for our clients. Thought Industries has a feature they call Panoramas that allows us to create unique environments for our clients while at the same time allowing us to keep a central repository​ of content. If you're a training company looking to expand your content digitally – Thought Industries should be your first call.

Cons

Getting you into the learning environment is a little kludgy​ – do I enter from a dashboard, a catalog, a learning path…?

I guess what I'm saying is the experience prior to actually entering a course isn't the most elegant, but once you're in the course it's smooth sailing - very intuitive.

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you for your positive feedback! Reviews like this offer valuable insight into the overall experience. We're thrilled to hear things are going well and look forward to seeing your continued success.

Paul N.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great For Course Subscription and eLearning

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

We are able to provide good accurate up to date content for our users and it helps us tailor relevant content that helps to drive that area of our business.

Pros

It is easy to get set up and tailor content for users within specific areas that are relevant to them which in turn helps us put out required content for our users that helps to generate revenue streams.

Cons

The exported data files can be confusing to manage at first and requires some effort to digest and absorb

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Paul! So glad you're able to generate relevant and required content to help grow the business. Sharing all of your feedback across teams here for consideration. Thank you again!

Mary hannah S.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Thought Industries: From a Customer Perspective

Reviewed on 2019/07/15

Overall, Ti has been great to work with. Even though they are a newer company learning their way around the systems they have been very helpful. Our customers are very happy with the new capabilities that Ti offers.

Pros

I enjoy Ti's user-friendliness and appeal to the customer's eye. We utilize their platform for outward facing customers and it is very easy for first-time users to use as well as easy to navigate throughout the CMS and LMS. I enjoy the modern look and feel.

Cons

There are several hickups utilizing Ti for all of the capabilities that we need it for. Unfortunately, everything is not 100% customizable but by submitting several requests we have been able to update the system for better use of our mission and company.

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you for the positive review! We're glad to hear that you and your customers are having a good experience with us. We look forward to continuing to work together to ensure your success.

Matthew B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great solution for revenue focused learning businesses

Reviewed on 2016/08/01

We've really enjoyed working with the Thought Industries team, and their learning solution serves our needs very well. We are currently running over 15 consumer facing learning sites and offering hundreds of courses with the platform, and it's been a very positive experience so far for our organization.

Pros

Being able to create and deliver sites/courses has streamlined our ability to go-to-market. The learner experience from within the courses is very engaging, especially for instructor-led courses where direct interaction and communication is crucial. The eCommerce functionality is great since we can sell courses and get insight into the financial data with the reporting and analytics features.

Cons

Totally satisfied.

Response from Thought Industries

Thanks for the feedback!

April joy M.
  • Industry: Higher Education

The next generation LMS and authoring tool in one software

Reviewed on 2020/05/07

Thought Industries is one of a kind! I've never used an LMS before that has a native authoring tool. When using Ti, I don't have to resort to external tools to create interactivity in the lessons and courses I am developing. I have instant access to a variety of content types. Most importantly, I can easily transform a page into a dynamic, immersive, and responsive learning experience.

Pros

Thought Industries has robust features that empower our instructional design team to create meaningful and highly effective learning experiences for our learners and clients.

Cons

The reporting tool might need more additional tweaking so that we can easily mine the data we need more efficiently. Also, having the ability to assign due dates for discussions, quizzes, workbooks are a plus so that students can easily keep track of their progress.

Kyle M.

Taking our e-learning to the next level!

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

At various times I have compared our switch to Thought Industries with going from a bike to a car, or switching from using a card catalog at the library to having google in your pocket. It really has been a huge leap forward for us.

Pros

The biggest pro has to be course authoring. The built in features are robust and easy to use.

Cons

The reporting could be better, but I believe they are working on updates now.

Response from Thought Industries

Hi Kyle, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts! Recently spoke with Christina and heard the new Reporting Hub was being put to good use :) Be sure to check it out and reach out with any questions. We love your clever comparisons! So glad our platform has been a huge leap forward for you. And thank you again for your continued partnership!

Michael S.
  • Industry: Utilities

Just started

Reviewed on 2020/02/04

It has been good so far, but we are still starting out.

Pros

We just started to use this last year, so far it does what we what. We are still trying to figure out everything we can do with it.

Cons

We have found ourselves requesting a lot of new functions to help our users. I feel like there is a user or admin and not a lot in between. We need managers that can see and certain things but locked out from others. They do have some of this but not what we want, mostly in the reporting section.

Sarah Y.

Wide range of features

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

Pros

TI provides a lot of options both on our end to build courses as well as for our clients to manage their users.

Cons

The site can be confusing to navigate at times.

Amanda G.

Thought Industries Makes Life Easier

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

We have loved the team that has helped us to deploy,

Pros

We have had great training and set-up has been easy to manage.

Cons

Our biggest hurdle is getting our whole team to understand how to use it.

Response from Thought Industries

Hi Amanda! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We couldn't be happier that we "make life easier" and you have had "great training" and set-up has been easy to manage. Know that our Learning Experience team under Daniel's leadership is working extremely hard to ensure our customers continue to get excellent training and content to help entire teams become more efficient at using the platform. We'll be sure to work with you each and every step of the way! Thank you again!

Cecelia J.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Thought Industries

Reviewed on 2018/09/14

Pros

I am a vendor that uses thought industries, and I appreciate that it is customizable to my brand.

Cons

That it doesn't track user activity/completion. It would be ideal to have a program that shows what users logging in have completed-- such as video trainings etc.

Response from Thought Industries

Thanks for your feedback! You can track learner progress throughout a course in the Thought Industries platform, as well as their course actions such as page views, course completions, certificates granted, and assignments submitted. We'd be happy to walk you through all of that. Just drop us a line at [email protected], or give your Customer Success rep a shout.

Alex T.

Great Company, Great People.

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

Pros

It is a great platform to really help people learn what you are trying to teach in an easy-to-use and understandable way.

Cons

Nothing is perfect, but Thought Industries is getting closer to it!

Response from Thought Industries

Hi Alex! Thank you so much for your kind words and sentiment regarding our people and company. We appreciate it and our partnership.

Alexandra P.
  • Industry: Higher Education

A Growing Product With Lots of Potential

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

We have grown with TI. They do a good job of trying to meet us where we are.

Pros

I do like that TI is working to improve the platform all the time. They aren't afraid to roll out new features to stay relevant.

Cons

We have had several instances where things stopped working as expected, and users admins were affected. Sometimes things change in TI without warning that affects our users, and it puts us in a difficult spot.

Response from Thought Industries

Hi Alexandra! We wanted to take a moment to thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience which will be shared across our teams. We appreciate your partnership and look forward to continuing to grow with you!

Jasmine J.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Clean LMS with Great Developers

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

Pros

The customer-facing interface of TI is very clean and user-friendly. We have had no issues with customers being confused on where to go to find what they need. The support team also meets with us regularly to work through issues. They are great to work with and truly want what is best for us. TI is also continually developing for the better, so look forward to seeing what else is in store.

Cons

While the customer-facing interface of TI is amazing, the back-end has some things left to be desired (which is better than the other way around, but not ideal). Support is very responsive, but enhancements usually fall into a black hole, which TI has said they are working on improving. Also the built-in gamification and translation functionalities are currently quite limited.

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and kind words Jasmine. Our developers will be so happy to see this and know that all of your sentiments will be passed along to the appropriate teams for review. We appreciate our partnership!

Amber C.

We are very pleased with our transition to the T.I. platform and the opportunity for growth.

Reviewed on 2018/04/20

Pros

We needed to transition IO Education learners and educators from an outdated, difficult to use, Learning Management System to a platform that was user-friendly, intuitive and easy to manage. Thought Industries was just the platform to get the job done! Their new Panorama feature helps us to accomplish our specific goals for varying client needs and several different use cases. All while creating uniquely branded learning environments for our clients, managing and updating all of our content in one place, and providing a simple content provisioning process to all admins. The Thought Industries Client Success team plays a critical role in being our partners to understanding our goals, and has directly connected us to Product when we needed to discuss additional features necessary to meet our needs. For example, the grading interface within our platform was difficult for our learners to manage and usage was declining.The open dialogue between IO Education, our Client Success Manager and the Product team influenced feature functionality innovation and the Thought Industries Product roadmap, resulting in scalable business outcomes.

Cons

There were a few features that we worked with the Product team to implement in order to reach our desired outcomes, but they were responsive and collaborative. We did like to see more UX flexibility.

Chad L.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Good Value and Better Integration

Reviewed on 2021/03/16

At first, TI can be a little intimidating. However, like any software, once you spend some time with it and understand the little nuances, it's really quite powerful.

Pros

We use TI for both external and internal training. Our business cases are complex, but TI is able to mostly accommodate our needs. The integration with Salesforce is also worth the extra spend. It creates a dynamic link between your Sales/Service pipeline and training data.

Cons

TI currently does not support recertification for recertification. Our users need to recertify every 2 years and we have to create a new course to work around this problem. TI is currently working with us to add this feature however.

Response from Thought Industries

Hi Chad! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience. We are delighted you have called out our integration strengths and ability to handle complex business cases. We appreciate your support and partnership!

Jill S.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Not as User Friendly as we would like it to be

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

I

Pros

It does a good job at logging training for individuals. The ability for participants to enroll and pay online lessens my workload compared to processing PO's. Individuals have 24-hour access to their training records and certificates.

Cons

I do not find it particularly user friendly. It has taken a long time to learn all the steps in completing a task. It seems hard for our users to understand and use the system as well. I get complaints almost daily about it. It's even hard for those within our organization to use. I do frequent training with other employees to help them use the system.

Thought Industries has been quick to respond when we do have issues with the software not working correctly. We are having a major issue right now and they are working on it.

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you for the feedback.
We're sorry to hear about your usability concerns. I checked with your Customer Success Manager and she will be in touch to see how we can best assist you going forward. I do want to let you know that we are working on usability experiences this and next quarter.

We appreciate your review and we look forward to finding the best path to ensure long-term success for you and your team.

Emily L.

Intuitive and Attractive

Reviewed on 2019/05/15

The onboarding process could be bumpy at times, but I think as Thought Industries has grown they have improved based on customer feedback. They are also very quick at answering small technical questions as well as larger scale ones.

Pros

I really enjoy the native authoring tools- these allow someone who is new to online learning to be creative, while also providing a format/guide to follow. The catalog also is really clean and easy to navigate.

Cons

I would like more information on all updates, even if they are not considered major ones. Besides that there is nothing major with the platform. There have been times we would have liked other capabilities, but that would be the case with any platform.

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you so much for your review!
Your feedback is extremely valuable. We're glad to hear things are going well with the platform. As far as updates, we're formalizing processes around platform releases and updates to ensure fluid communication to our clients. We are always looking for feedback to improve our processes so we appreciate your insights.

TI Overview

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

Absorb, SkillJar, and LearnUpon

Pros

The platform is very flexible in it's offerings. The product is specializes in deliver customer education unlike many other LMSs that are focused on internal training.

Cons

For new users some of the functionality was not obvious. Reporting was overly complicated to figure out for simple tasks.

Heather P.

Great experience, especially after using several other platforms.

Reviewed on 2018/04/12

Pros

Thought Industries has been great to work with, especially after experiencing many other cheaper LMSs. You pay for what you get. Of course, there are limitations in the platform (as they all have), but many times, you can find a workaround to get what you need to accomplish (you just need a little bit of creativity!)

Cons

The biggest drawback is the reporting feature. It is not grand, and you have must download several reports and combine to get the data you are looking for. Second drawback is the notification system. There are not a lot of options, and no work arounds available in this area.