SiteDocs

Cloud based digital workplace safety and compliance solution

AN
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great HSEQ mobile app solution

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

Pros

- Functionality
- Easy to use
- Mobile app runs without connectivity

Cons

One level of site locations. SiteDocs is unable to create multi-level of location for big company (i.e. USA/CANADA, provinces/states, sites/projects)

Jeff

Use and function

Reviewed on 2020/08/17

Documentation control and a lot less paper for the field to try and control.

Documentation control and a lot less paper for the field to try and control.

Pros

The program is very user friendly, from the labours on site to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of the company, easy to customize your forms and change forms on the fly.
SiteDocs supplies great customer support and listen to your suggestions.

Cons

would like to see a Notification that is not the complete incident form or near miss form, that give like a draft or summary that goes to the executive team.

EHS Insight

Reasons for Switching to SiteDocs

Customer support, and value for your investment, field ease. User friendly - Site Docs allowed us to Test drive prior to purchase, and actual use in live day to day work on a couple of our Sites

Response from SiteDocs

Thank you so much for your response! A member of our Support Team will be contacting you soon to chat more about your hopes for notifications.

Darlene
  • Used for Free Trial

SiteDocs

Reviewed on 2021/05/18

Photos of what the guys are seeing is great. Being able to get a digital signature

Pros

Able to read what the person is saying. You do not have to try and decipher what they are talking about.

Cons

With guys that are technically challenged it makes it a little difficult for them to learn. Need to have a smart phone

Waleed

A program I cannot live without

Reviewed on 2024/01/12

One of the best safety programs, I cannot do without it in my work
It helps me know the risks...

One of the best safety programs, I cannot do without it in my work
It helps me know the risks within the site and avoid them
It provides me with important information in the field of safety

Pros

Ease of use and availability of all required information in the field of safety
It also provides you with information in the field of safety at all times without connecting to the Internet

Cons

Some languages ​​are not available when using it, which makes it difficult to understand some things
And the need to translate it outside the program

Tina

Excellent Software for Safety documentation.

Reviewed on 2021/04/05

Experience has been excellent.

Experience has been excellent.

Pros

I liked that this software is very easy to use. Setting up workers and locations is very easy. Doing reports online and having it emailed directly is an excellent feature.

Cons

The cons are only features not currently available but hopefully will be in the future.
There are several features we would like to see with SiteDocs. Notifying management with forms not completed would a very good thing to have for safety and compliance. I get asked often - Can a report be emailed me with workers that have not completed their covid-19 screening. This can't be done with a flip of a finger and this is now being requested in the industry.

Response from SiteDocs

Thanks so much for your review! A member of our Support Team will be in touch shortly.

Brad
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Easy as it gets without someone else doing it for you

Reviewed on 2021/08/10

Pros

Ease of Use!!!
Easy to train users, easy to create forms, easy to use app or on browser, easy to read reports directed where you want.

Cons

Area of improvement is that you need to go completely back into forms when you switch between apps on your device

Kim

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2020/03/27

Overall, site docs is well designed and very functional.

Overall, site docs is well designed and very functional.

Pros

-The Product can be adapted for almost anything.
-The customer service is fast and helpful.
-Love the audit feature!

Cons

The hardest has been buy in from employees and management to adapt to a new way.

Richard
  • Industry: Maritime

Essential OHS Management System tool

Reviewed on 2023/11/07

Since adopting SiteDocs into our daily working routine we have developed an OHS Management System that has been certified as COR-compliant and, most importantly, has improved our overall Health and Safety Stats tremendously. I am convinced that our attention to hazard identification and risk assessment has improved greatly and, as a result, our employees are far more safety conscious when performing their duties.

Pros

We are a relatively small business in terms of both the number of employees and the range of skill sets when it comes to running and managing management systems. When we decided to apply for COR certification we knew we would need help in running and managing the system that is required. In SiteDocs we found a solution that does most of the grunt work for us and lets our employees get on with their work while providing them with all the OHMS tools that they need to help them be safe and the company needs to help provide evidence of compliance.

Cons

The reporting system for recording issues and the need for any corrective/preventive action is very good but the manner in which employees are assigned to deal with those actions could be better if it included an alert that went directly to their mobile phone.

Jodi
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Great value with simple rollout

Reviewed on 2023/09/21

We love the product our tracking of inspections and reporting has improved 100% and when you need to find something that happened on a certain day it is very easy to filter out and find exactly what you were looking for. The other thing the information is very to share.

Pros

I like this product the best because it was easy to roll out to the field. The operators in the field get to have say in the forms we created making these documents theirs. Then they take owner ship.

Cons

When we first got SiteDocs it was being set up trial and error to see what worked best for our company and now all the forms are still visible. I would like it if there was a feature to archive old forms that will never be used again. The same with employees if you make a mistake setting up and employee they are forever there.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/08/18

Overall experience has been good. Took a while to understand the system if new to SiteDocs, but once you get the hang of it, is an excellent tool.

Pros

SiteDocs is a one stop shop for maintaining all records of the employees. Once on Site Docs, you do not need to maintain a hard copy or an electronic copy.

Always looking at ways to improve and make it more user friendly.

Can access documents on SiteDocs and download to share to others.

Easy to set up certification types and enter information

Cons

Not all certificates stored have an expiry date, but the expiry date field is a mandatory field. Would be good if that date is left as optional so that we do not have to enter a fictitious expiry date.

Chris

Absolutely wonderful software experience

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

Pros

I love having the ability to build my own forms the way I want them. Before purchasing SiteDocs, I look at just about all of SiteDocs competitors and they didn't have "build your own forms", but they did try and convince me that it's better to have them build my forms for me so that it would save me time. Yeah right, having someone else build what I envision would only take more of my time and cause a lot of back-and-forth trying to get the forms right. SiteDocs has a form builder module that is super easy to use and you have the ability to build any kind of form you can dream up. Customer support is amazing and they respond very quickly. I had asked for a certain feature they didn't have and I was told they would work on implementing it. Not only did they build this feature and over deliver, I was able to talk directly with their design team and provide my input. It really feels good that a company would listen to my ideas, let alone implement them too. You can easily see in their software platform that SiteDocs is definitely not one of those companies that just throws something out there to see what sticks. There are a ton of other companies out there that could learn a lot from SiteDocs.

Awesome job SiteDocs team!!!!!

Cons

The only thing I could say I like least about SiteDocs software is not having the ability to use a windows tablet in regards to filling out forms. Is this really a problem, no, I am an electronics junkie as my wife says and I'm wanting to try and windows tablet even though I know I wouldn't like it.

In all fairness to SiteDocs, I really can't think of anything I dislike about their software platform.

Response from SiteDocs

Thanks Chris! A Windows version is currently in the planning stage with our development team! We'll keep you posted when we have a expected timeline for release.

Brett

A good usable system for both management and staff. Simple and professional

Reviewed on 2017/10/11

Streamline safety documents all in one system.Great communication tool

Streamline safety documents all in one system.Great communication tool

Pros

We have used a couple of these systems in the past. Some of these portal /app systems can be a little difficult in the field for our workers to find and manage. Site docs is simple to explain to new workers and have found our guys have embraced it an it is actually being used the way it should.Signing on to all documents anywhere any time is extremely useful.Many times a person might need to be added to our SWMS /procedures etc at short notice. Simple to add a non employee have him sign and it is back at the office in minutes App works well on any phone or tablet. Covers 95% of our needs with hope future update expected to complete the system for us. Also have found the support extremely helpful and response time to any questions fast and informative. Generally a good company/program. I cant see us using anything else in the near future.

Cons

1.Loading the certifications for the employees can only be done as a Jpeg ATM .This makes it difficult to load multiple pages Needs the ability to load PDF's.
2.It is missing the ability to have plant and equipment certifications,tagging & calibration and expiry dates loaded (The same as employee certifications would be great). Currently we have to load plant &equipment as employees to use the alert when due functions.This is a function most companies would need I believe. We are told this is in productions both these items and have got around it for now. Otherwise 95% perfect for us.

Response from SiteDocs

Thanks for your review Brett, we are certainly working on supporting PDF files for Certifications in the near future. We'll make sure to let you know when it's available.

Nick
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Would definitely recommend

Reviewed on 2022/02/08

Love it. We dispensed tablets throughout our facility so all employees have quick access to SDS's, company policies, work instructions, etc. (many other features), at the touch of their fingertips. When everyone realized they were all part of safety, they started filling out forms to better our safety program for our facility, which led to breaking our company safety record.

Pros

Extremely easy to use and gets employees more engaged about safety, you do not have to be "tech savvy" to use this software and the tech support is VERY responsive when you have questions.

Cons

Small things; not being able to easily switch forms from public to private (you have to rebuild a whole new form), not being able to adjust an employee email without having to create a new profile.

EHS Insight and KPA Flex

Reasons for Switching to SiteDocs

Ease of use and competitive pricing.
Kellie

SiteDocs Review

Reviewed on 2022/04/06

Safety is a critical part of construction now. Daily HAs, fall protection plans and lift inspections, training certificates, tool box meetings, start up meetings are all required for COR, and contractors. You must be able to do the required paperwork, and have it signed and submitted in the most efficient manner in order to stay competitive in the construction industry. Sitedocs can, and will do all of these things.

Pros

We like that we can customize forms to our company. Our safety documentation is completed and forwarded to our office and contractors before work starts. Our staff can do all company documentation on their phone, through SiteDocs, including inspections, investigations, incident/accident reporting. We can also put important information into SiteDocs for staff, such as OHS information, SWP and SJP and critical task lists. Also, SiteDocs is extremely helpful for annual COR audits. You can customize this software to do almost anything you want!

Cons

We have been happily using this software for quite a few years. I suppose the user fee would be what we like least about the product :)

Brian

Brian Hlushko - HSSE Advisor for YMCA

Reviewed on 2022/02/01

Amazing! The product is always upgrading and adding helpful new features. I always get very excited when a new feature is announced (especially when its one that I suggested).

The team is very kind and quick to respond to requests for help.

Pros

Adaptable product. We have been able to adopt almost all of our paper forms into a digital format. This saves time in filling and record keeping. It also ensures each document is named correctly based on company naming conventions. We have utilized this software to transfer incident reporting, inspections, investigations, and much more into a digital form.

Cons

The software is missing customizable features that allow you to change the appearance of finished forms. The current style is very blocky and colorless. Allowing the user to customize the finalized forms section headers using hex codes would make the forms easier to read, and appear more complete.

Also, having if/than statements in forms would allow more similar forms to be in one, making it easier for the end user to select the correct form. For example, with incident reporting, I may want specific information for medical responses compared to evacuations.

Carly

Why we love SiteDocs

Reviewed on 2019/06/03

SiteDocs has helped us solve our issue of having multiple sites all over Ontario. Collecting and tracking paperwork was a nightmare before. With SiteDocs we can see the paperwork come in through our InBox daily, so if anything is missing we are able to get a message out in-day to the Supervisor, rather than wait for a week to go by.

Pros

We like how user friendly the software is. Most of our employees that download the program don't require any training. The forms are so easy to complete.
The ability to customize our forms at a moments notice is great too! If someone onsite requests something be added, it can be done in minutes.
The entire software system is so practical and customize-able, if you can think of a form or report you would like generated, then you can figure out a way to make it happen, or ask the friendly support staff for their assistance.

Cons

When we first started with SiteDocs I used to get frustrated that my personal screen view settings in the Admin panel never saved day-to-day ( for example: to view 50 of 50 items instead of 10 of 50 items). Having to click next page takes a lot longer than scrolling. The SiteDocs support team was quick to respond to the complaint and said they were working on a fix, which they did and we have been scrolling ever since!

Kim

Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

We no longer have to deal with sorting through and documenting the piles of daily paperwork. I can just sign into the admin panel and pull up whatever report I need to see any deficiencies that need to be addressed. The setup was quick, it's simple to build almost any kind of form and easy to track the forms. The app users find it quick and easy to complete the forms and worker accountability has skyrocketed. Also, the SiteDocs support team is very fast, friendly and knowledgeable so I don't have a long wait if I need assistance.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is extremely user-friendly for both within the app as well as from the administrative panel. This, in turn, has been extremely time-saving and cost-saving. I can build a form to track any required safety stats and the workers find the forms extremely easy to navigate and complete.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative at all to say about this software.

Andy

SiteDocs advantages

Reviewed on 2021/03/04

Using SiteDocs has helped us to go paperless and share completed documents as soon as they are completed, via email or messaging. No more losing paperwork or trying to decipher what employees are writing on their forms. Having documents readily available electronically means every worker has access to the app through their cell phone, tablet or computer.

Pros

I love that SiteDocs is super easy to use and navigate for the workers. We can add all of our site documentation to the app and see it in real time from the office as workers are completing forms. It's also great how we can create our own forms as needed to suit our needs.

Cons

It would be nice if there was a possibility to create forms with vertical columns rather than the current horizontal format, or if you could simply export a word/excel document.

Jennifer

This system makes filling out safety forms easy and accessible for the workers!

Reviewed on 2019/07/31

The amount of safety forms that are being filled out daily, has increased 10 fold, as this program is available on our iPads, and the employees' cell phones. It is so accessible to everyone, that there is no excuse not to use it. Its great for me, as a Health & safety Admin to get workers and crew members to use it, as there are no complications or hurdles to operate it.

Pros

The ease of use and straightforwardness of the system makes filling out safety forms easy to do daily. It is more accessible to the workers, so they are more prone to filling them out. It helps make our safety program better for current and future employees.

Cons

Maybe the fact that its hard to remove rights once you assign them.

Kelcie

Seamless Safety Program

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

Our company is no longer wasting time handing in or picking up safety forms, which cost us time in labor.
Every time we do a safety audit it is much faster.
I can see that an incident happened the day they fill out the form, rather than weeks later whenever they dropped off the form.

Pros

Easy to create and use forms.
I can keep track of all safety documents
Safety audits are less stressful as everything is in one place.
I can easily change which employees have access to certain parts of the app.
The new (beta) website for filling out forms is something I've waited a long time for, it is exactly what I needed.
Support staff is quick at getting back to you and is always friendly and helpful

Cons

Honestly nothing. We've had very few technical issues and they have all been sorted out quickly with the help of the support staff member assigned to our company.

Bella

Simpler might be better

Reviewed on 2023/09/11

I had trouble navigating through the program and even after finding what I was looking for or needed to do, I constantly had to help others to navigate their way through the program, which ended up in people deciding to rather avoid using the program and going back to old-school paperwork.

Pros

The look of SiteDocs is very professional. The program has numerous features which is designed to make your life easier when out in the field.

Cons

Even though the product has so many needed features, the user friendliness is lacking. Unless you undergo in-depth training of the program and all its features, you might end up not utilizing the program to its full extend.

Mike

So much easier than paper!

Reviewed on 2022/01/31

It's been a game changer for our safety program. Any issues/questions I've had have been resolved/answered by SiteDoc's great customer support line. It is a permanent part of our program.

Pros

SiteDocs saves me hours of trying to track down documentation, scanning forms into the computer and sending them to the General Contractor. With SiteDocs, all of our safety documentation is uploaded upon completion, saved to a safety folder, and sent as an email to the General contractor. I can track inspection checklists, hot work permits, training completion, pre-task plans, and all other safety documents/forms. I can track them by form, by jobsite, by employee, or by date. The Safety Monitor Report lets me see all completed forms at a glance.

Cons

Our employees move between jobsites/locations pretty frequently. Some of the features of SiteDocs are designed to work most effectively when employees are assigned to one location.

Sonia
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great Product

Reviewed on 2022/01/14

My overall experience with SiteDocs has been GREAT! I enjoy using it and look forward to many more years of use.

Pros

The most impactful feature, for my company, is the ease of use. No matter where my guys are working, they can log in to SiteDocs and fill out forms they need to start their day (& throughout the day as well). Myself & my team are able to log in and under the correct location to ensure all the proper forms are filled out and filled out properly (all at the touch of our fingertips). The app has been revamped (continually have new features added) and the ease of use is GREAT!!

Cons

The only thing that I dislike is the form building process. It would be helpful if there were templates to follow.

Lauren

So easy!!!

Reviewed on 2020/09/16

Overall my experience has been great with site docs. The initial meetings/ set up was great always had answers for us and even still if my team or I run into any issues they always respond and follow up to make sure you are satisfied!

Pros

I love that this is paperless!
Previous to purchasing site docs it was a constant task to try and get valid documents & properly completed site forms from our field staff, with site docs everything is really easy to fill out (it doesn’t let you submit forms without completing all req fields) which was bonus because people couldn’t skip over important areas on the forms.
Also for the certificates site docs is amazing for this because you can easily run off a report and it shows you exactly who has an expired cert. (it’s also super easy to upload & replace the certificates)

Cons

I least liked that there isn’t a notification which would pop up/ notify me that a certain certificate has expired (that way we could jump on it quicker) but I have been told that this is something that they are developing!

Dennis

SiteDocs Experience

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

Effectively use our Safety Program, management reports, machine maintenance, and company resources.

Pros

We have used this product to effectively bring the Office to the Field and the Field to the Office. Our Safety Program has never been as well Administrated or used by our employees. One product provides many functions for our employees and office staff.

Cons

Reports for each worker are sometimes lengthy and hard to find. Could help if the Workers Forms could be made a drop down so you could just pick the type of report you were looking for.

Response from SiteDocs

Thanks a lot for your review! A member of our Support Team will be reaching out shortly to discuss some of the functionality that will make it much easier to find worker documents.