RevolutionEHR Reviews

4.5/5 (104 reviews)
Alvaro C.

Truly worth the money

Reviewed on 2017/09/29

A great EHR system that allows the doctor to spend face-time with the patient instead of becoming a data entry person.

Pros

I like the streamlined layout and minimalism of the software. It is as simple or as complicated as you need it to be without having to add or takeaway from other features.
Since Rev is cloud-based, I don't have to worry about backups or server-side computer failure corrupting data.
It is very simple to use: It's no different than using your typical web-form. The learning curve for the software is small. Generally, pretty easy to teach employees how to use the software which saves me time and money.
Easy to generate reports and you have the ability to make basic SQL-style reports to monitor most of what you need to. Easy admin tools that allow one to customize exactly how much access a user can have which in turn makes it easier to comply with HIPAA.
The updates are digestible and easy to adapt to: nothing crazy to figure out.
Submitting claims is ridiculously easy as long as the insurance vendor is set up correctly: which also isn't hard (Medicare claims are a little different setup).
I don't even remember the last time I called support (They're nice by the way).
The software is extremely consistent and intuitive.

Cons

An unfair criticism would be that every now and again the software refreshes while typing (which I completely understand is a result of the syncing of data between the browser and the cloud, but I doubt this can be helped at the moment. This will only get better as faster bandwidths become the norm) I much rather have to repeat a field once every few weeks than worry about backups and computer issues. (Since I have to pick a con, but this is such a non-issue)
It doesn't make me coffee in the morning, but I don't think they offer this as an option, although I'd be open to it. I don't know how they'd do it, but Rev has some pretty clever IT people.

Dan L.

Very happy I started using Rev 5 years ago! I would recommend it to others without hesitation.

Reviewed on 2017/09/29

Pros

1) Unbeatable, American-based customer support. Some competitors use overseas-based support (i.e. not only are there cultural & language barriers, their time zone is not user friendly). 2) Rev was cloud-based from inception (as opposed to competing EHRs that now try to retro-fit their EHR into a cloud-based environment). 3) EHR designed by optometrists. 4) Best value for the money. 5) Integrity of Scott Jens and Rev employees. 6) A la carte add-ons. 7) Enabled me to achieve Meaningful Use. 8) Includes Eyedock 9) Integrates well with Marco & RXNT 10) Did I mention the fantastic customer support? ;-)

Cons

# 1 Not easy to use & not intuitive: 1) Steep learning curve. 2) Too many "clicks" 3) Uses Adobe (which has contributed to the aforementioned) & I am concerned about: A) Adobe being phased out soon, B) Relearning how to navigate screens when switching from Adobe.
#2 Accounting portion is the worst part of Rev.
#3 I use Direct Messaging a lot. It is also cumbersome for TOC: 1) unlike other EHRs, it does not send the most recent (& pertinent) exam. I end up sending the TOC and include the pertinent exam as an attachment. Comparatively, all TOC (e.g. P/O CE) I receive contain only the pertinent exam. 2) Cannot send more than one attachment, such as photos, TVF, OCT w/o resorting to a zipdrive. 3) Rev's DM does not communicate interactively with the DM of my two biggest referral groups.
#4 Inventory is not robust.
#5 I am concerned about my patient's charts if I retire without selling my practice (e.g accessibility to patient).

Joshua W.

The Amazing Revolution EHR

Reviewed on 2015/04/30
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Revolution EHR is a great electronic health record management system that allows for total office integration. Revolution EHR leaves nothing behind when it comes to managing patient records, accounting, billing, coding, optical orders, medical orders, insurance, inventory management, reports, etc. Revolution EHR gives the office the ability to do everything for all their patients and it streamlines workflow for better efficiency and productivity. Another great benefit to Revolution EHR is that it is a cloud-based system meaning their is no software needed to take up vital hard drive space and it can be accessed from any computer anywhere that you are. This allows for your doctors to communicate about patients even if they are out of the office and it allows managers to pull reports from home if needed.

Cons

The downside to Revolution EHR is that it has a learning curve like most new programs being implemented into an office. revolution EHR requires some time to get used to and even after a few years of using it you will learn something new. But this is not so much a negative as it is a positive. Revolution EHR provides a "sandbox mode" that allows the office to utilize all the features of Revolution EHR, but without the real-world risks of inputting wrong data. It encourages you to make mistakes and to learn form them. Revolution EHR is also updating their systems constantly to streamline the patient care process and in doing so that is why you learn something new.

Vincent F.

10 years in four offices ,6 Drs and REV enhanced all our medical care records and billing

Reviewed on 2017/09/29

encounter documentation clarity and efficiency with much greater confidence on all our medical billing and coding encounters

Pros

I find the program is easy to set up and use, feature rich, guides the Dr recording to ensure correct documentation for medical care and coding for those encounters, this fact has created Dr confidence and enabled our office to increase medical billing - that more than pays for the monthly fee, its updated for free and web based is an asset for any practitioner with multi locations , help is just outstanding , my technicians find it easy to use and we do experience tech turnover so ease of use is important, lots of business partners to help communicate to your patients , survey and recall, great communication tools for patient and their health care providers

Cons

I am an OD so I wish there was a lower monthly fee and it was easier to get all my pre test data into the program. But the most irritating thing is I cannot let my techs to start the record days ahead of the visit- this is something I would like to be changed-- this is so pre work of insurance, demographics and health HX & meds could be entered well before the encounter in less of a rush so when the encounter is present the day of the visit - patient processing is quicker and less tech duress improving the entire encounter experience - no one likes to wait for the receptionist or techs gather data - but REV forces that because we cannot open a case before the encounter date/time- can you fix that ??

Jessica G.

I used to complain about my EHR software ALL THE TIME. But not anymore since switching to RevEHR.

Makes my life easier.

Pros

My staff finds it intuitive and easy to use. I never hear them complain about the software. I like that it's customizable. I can make my chart notes look just the way I want. I also like that they are constantly making small tweaks to improve the system. Several times a year it is updated, but only with a few changes. I think it's better to do a few changes at a time instead of once a year so you don't feel like you are learning a whole new software system. I also appreciate that this is a company that truly cares about its customers. When we talk, they listen. There is a place where you can put recommendations for improvements and when enough doctors say the same thing, they add it. One time they removed a feature that I really liked. Enough doctors complained about it that within a few days, they put it back! Talk about service!

Cons

My only real complaint about RevEHR is that I can't print out my exam notes in a neat, concise fashion. Exams print out with 10+ pages. This may be because I haven't taken the time to figure out an easier way. I'd love some input on this. So I guess a related complaint would be that set up time is significant. But I'm willing to deal with that because once you do have it set up, it works like a dream.

Able to Work at the Office or Home

Reviewed on 2019/06/07

I love Revolution compared to other software programs I've used in the past.

Pros

It is cloud based. I like being able to access it from my home as well as the office. I like the fact that there is extremely little down time. Previous software programs I've used would go down on a fairly regular basis, leaving the office with zero access to patient information and charts. I love the chat feature that is available immediately when I've needed assistance from customer support. There is no calling, leaving a message, and waiting on a return call when needing assistance with something.

Cons

It has been difficult for me to learn how to build specific reports. I always have to ask for assistance when creating new reports.

Ryan S.

No EHR is perfect

Reviewed on 2016/10/17

We've been with Revolution EHR for more than a year now. There are some things the software really excels at and others which are very lacking. Being cloud based, the interruptions in service are minimal (servers go down maybe 2x/year for a matter of a few hours typically). The doctor's side with MU and ICD 10 are fantastic. They made ICD 10 a non-event.
The biggest drawback to this software, as mentioned by another reviewer is the accounting/billing side of the software. I could not think of a more cumbersome and inefficient way to do things. The incessant "drag and drop" method of carrying charges over to separate parties is very very time consuming. If you are thinking of leaving Compulink (as we did) this is the biggest drawback. Also, there is NO AUTOPOSTING of payments. We were told when we signed up this would become available soon..... it did, as a separate paid service called RevCycle, which amounts to thousands of extra dollars in an already rather expensive software.

The Rev Development has been taking ages to convert the software to an HTML format, and they seemed so focused on adding additional pay services that none of us are really that interested in using. If I could do it over again, I wouldn't have left Compulink for Revolution, but if I were to try and switch again, my staff would mutiny. I'll hang in there with Rev for another 3-4 months, but may switch again if I see no improvement or implementation of autoposting insurance payments.

Pros

Cloud based features

Cons

Billing and payment posting

5.0/10
Darcy/april W.

This is my first experience with "paperless" records- wholly an excellent, easy to use product.

Reviewed on 2017/10/07

quickly keep track of inventory, check the schedules, use anywhere there is a reliable internet connection- I've been on vacation and been able to help staff answer questions and complete records. Its a reliable work horse.

Pros

The ease of use in record taking- with training and familiarity, it became second nature within a few days. Its even better once patient's return for their repeat exams in subsequent years. I'll use the phrase, "How did I get along before this?" I love how much more complete I can make the record- recording even more detail than I did with paper records. I highly recommend this product, but, its going to cost you.

Cons

The inability to easily take a previous report (for eg. Diabetic reports to physicians), transfer it forward and just modify the date and few particulars. Also, the inability to easily reorder the same contact lenses, but with the updated rx- the current system requires the entire order to be started from scratch again. The drawing feature is unwieldy.

Patrick O.

Reviewed on 2013/04/30
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We are a 4 OD and 1 MD practice with 9 exam lanes. Our last software upgrade with our previous vendor was the last straw, being way to slow, way too 'click-y', and infested with bugs. One bug gets fixed and another pops up. I don't think the version was ever tested in an exam room. Very frustrating.

We made the decision to change vendors.

In our search, we had the following criteria: must meet meaningful use criteria; must be Optometry/Ophthalmology based and not a modification of another specialty; developers must be eye care specific and have intimate knowledge of eye care practice and exam room flow; software must integrate medical records, billing, scheduling and optical in the same program; intuitive in design and flow; on-demand, on-line training for staff; some of the lesser criteria came down to feel, flow, and visual aesthetics.

Though we found several good programs, RevolutionEHR was an easy decision once we had done all our homework and research.

We are in the training phase of implimentation and have a 'go live' date of June 1st, 2013. The training is on-line and available 24/7 which is a huge plus. Though 'live' training is available, we found the 'self-guided' training program to work well for our clinic, since we are already fluent with EHR basics. The program is very intuitive and flows nicely through the exam or office visit.

Another big plus is the 'sandbox'. Basically, this is the mirror image of your regular practice software that you and your staff can play in and practice without the worry of 'crashing the system'. We've set up our office parameters in the sandbox, and will train our current and future employees there. Since it's exactly the same as the 'live' version, it's an easy transition and staff is not stressed or worried about making a mistake. If they're working on something new, they try it in the sandbox first.

In terms of training resources, Revolution uses "Insights", their web-based site as a one-stop access to all the information you need including pre-recorded webinars, videos, blogs and FaceBook interaction.

We're not live yet, but so far so good. Stay tuned. I rated 4/5 stars because we're just getting started and don't have enough experience to give it 5 stars, but I'm anticipating they will earn the 5th star.

Kinsey H.

Easy to learn EHR with extensive features.

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

Pros

RevEHR is extremely user friendly, all of our staff and doctors were able to catch on very quickly. It integrates with many of our partners which makes things much more streamlined. I also love all the reports we are able to run... it makes running statistics for our office very simple. The support staff is excellent and I appreciate that our suggestions on changes are heard and all software updates are included and automatic. Being cloud-based also means NO servers, NO backing things up, minimized risk of hacking, accessible from anywhere. I love being able to phone triage an after-hours emergency patient from home and chart it immediately.

Cons

There is very little to dislike. Sometimes I feel like there could be fewer "clicks" to get to what I want, but that is minimal and probably true with any EHR system.

Duane S.

We switched from another EHR company and it has been a win all the way around.

Reviewed on 2017/09/29

The software is efficient to use. It is helpful to be able to log in to a patient's chart from home at times.

Pros

Cloud based is good. Coding is convenient. Customization of workflow in exams is good. It is good to be able to upload tests into the exam area related to this.

Cons

The accounting reports, business reports, should allow customization. The data must be entered into a spreadsheet for bench-marking. It would so helpful if they allowed me to categorize the items in the accounting sales report. Import of scanned documents into referrals and consents can be easily improved. The patient's surgical history should display on the past ocular history page. I wish that when a tech enters data, it showed who did that. Sometimes it runs very slowly. The routing slip should allow customization (for example include last Rx and BVA)

Andrea S.

Intuitive, reliable, expanding, responsive!

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

Pros

The software is intuitive and can be learned quickly by new users. Claims processing and patient billing is simplified over other products we have used in the past. RevolutionEHR is always listening to client needs and RESPONDING with improvements and features. VSP claims/invoices are calculated correctly every time.

Cons

This may not be possible, but I wish we could eliminate the duplicate entries required in VSP, Eyemed and VisionWeb. For each, it would be nice to be able to map our products to their names in order to reduce OUR errors in selecting the correct lens. RevolutionEHR is implementing this soon, but in the meantime, I wish there was a better means of doing mass recalls of patients , and I wish I could print an address label.

Great Software for Inventory Needs

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

I use this daily to track customer eyecare health. Data is simple to access when uploading retinal images with our Optos machine. If you plan on having the most current technology for eyecare, you need RevolutionEHR.

Pros

This software met my needs to managing my inventory and clients. It's constantly improving and receiving major updates that are extremely helpful. Most importantly, the reporting in the software is easy to use and Excel friendly. This is the best software I found to manage both customers and product while being HIPAA compliant.

Cons

This isn't really a software issue, but customer service could be better. Their software team can take a long time to get back to you if you have any requests or issues with a report that won't pull.

Lauren M.

Great practice management software for accessing a patients file anywhere

Reviewed on 2018/02/16

Access to our patients wherever we are helps us out alot. We can respond to emails, order contacts, submit claims from wherever we are. This is very helpful when getting an after hours emergent patient who maybe meeting at the office, and we can scan over chart before seeing them.

Pros

I like the ability to not have a separate server and the ability to access it from home if we need to. Patient setup is very simple and it is very easy to link patients who are related. Electronic submission of claims is very straight-forward.

Cons

The reporting side could be improved upon. When running reports for longer time periods make the program crash. This is caused by its use of Flash and according to the software updates they are working on getting rid of the programs use of Flash.

Jeff K.

Customer Service at its Best

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

THE PEOPLE MAKE THIS COMPANY. I thought I set the bar on customer experience but for a small practice, I think that's pretty easy to do. For a large company like RevEHR to manage so many customers and the ever challenging and changing healthcare and software worlds...and do it like a 5 star hotel...escapes my comprehension.

Pros

The thing I liked most about the SOFTWARE was the attractive interface, the video training modules for my staff, the fact that I was always informed of updates or issues to be concerned with going down the pipleline, and the ability to access RevEHR from anywhere with a network connection.

Cons

The exam flows are too click-heavy...with multiple menus and submenus for testing...would like to see more tests combined into less pages/tabs.

Matt G.

Great overall, love the organization and good UI

Reviewed on 2016/06/28

We used this EHR at my practice in San Diego. We were just getting ready to start using the medical records portion, so really we only used the practice management side, which was phenomenal. I've used lots of EHRs before but I'm confident Rev is at the top of my list. Great support as well which is important with new software.

Pros

Easy to schedule patients, great "at a glance views", it's really snappy, fast and overall responsive. Having the mobile app is key!

Cons

I think I had to get used to using it, but I don't think that's the softwares fault. Being new to cloud based EHRs can be tricky but not impossible. Learning curve is fine overall...

Marsha B.

This helped me with the transition to ICD10. I made the transition from paper like the history feat

Good record keeping

Pros

I like the cloud based system and how the updates and improvements happen regularly for the fee. The techniques that make for better efficiencies are great. Just hit the normal button and adjust for the the items different than normal. Using the history button is also convenient.

Cons

Compared with paper it can slow you down. Assessment could be more intuitive like Google searches. Why can't our usual lingo be translated? An example would be PVD. I can't think of a Doctor who ever Cal's it vitreous membranes and strands. A shortcut that leads to the ICD 10 code would help with efficiency.

Natalia M.

Easy to use and simple to explain to others

Reviewed on 2017/10/02

Pros

I love how easy to use and simple to explain to others this software is! I was able to learn and teach my coworkers how to use the software in less than a month. The transition from one software to another was very smooth. Every time there is a new upgrade, the webinars are excellent and the transition to the new view/features is seamless.

Cons

There are some limitations of course, things here and there within the ability to submit claims, post insurance payments, editing invoices and some order steps that could have more customization for the offices, but I can live with them.

Lisa G.

Fantastic customer service, always operates with high integrity!! LOVE Revolution!!!!

Reviewed on 2017/09/30

Great customer support along the way. As we are growing and the needs of the meaningful use requirements have changed, Revolution has stayed on top of it and provided an easy way for me to meet the measures! I am thankful that we picked this software seven years ago!!

Pros

It is flexible and automatically updates for me! I know the leadership in the company and appreciate that they own any problems and provide clear solutions promptly to their customers.

Cons

I need more help making sure our team is using the software to its greatest potential. I have reached out to Rev and they are currently helping us with our problem!!

Carrie S.

It is the first and only EHR I've used, but I really love it!

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

Ease of use and ability to access outside the office

Pros

I love that it's cloud based! I love that it has buttons that allow you to put "normal" test findings in quickly. I love the Task feature to send jobs to staff members. I love the Alerts you can create for patient files. I love that Customer support takes our suggestions for changes and does them if they are able to (such as when they installed the Alert feature :))

Cons

I think it's worth the cost but it's ALWAYS nice if something cost less! Otherwise, there is nothing that I do not like about this EHR

Kellen M.

RevolutionEHR has been a huge success for us in being more efficient at all of our offices!

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

We have recommend Revolution to several colleges.

Pros

The cloud base system means I can access RevolutionEHR anytime, anywhere! A huge plus. Also having multiple locations and being able to allow all the office to see and book appointment when needed is great. They training vidoes are also great when trying to make a change or figure something out without having to wait for a customer service rep.

Cons

Revolution is not the cheapest product out there, but revolution continues to make improvements to there system.

Review for EHR

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

I think my overall experience with Revolution EHR is great! Pros definitely out weigh the cons.

Pros

I love how easy it is to look up a patients history and to schedule an appointment. The calendar makes it really nice as well to see what we have going on.

Cons

Sometimes it is frustrating training a new employee because sometimes there are little buttons you have to choose in order to get to the place you are needing to be. Once you get it down it’s fine but learning it is kind of tedious.

Scott M.

Very satisfied user

Reviewed on 2017/10/02

Constant industry leading innovation and a commitment from this company to help me achieve meaningful use of this application.

Pros

I like the ability to view my records from any computer anywhere without hassles. I've experienced very few IT hassles since switching to RevolutionEHR. There are regular updates to the application to fine tune it to the needs of its users.

Cons

It currently is very heavily dependent on Adobe Flash. The transition away from Flash can't happen quickly enough.

Keshav B.

Dr

Reviewed on 2017/09/28

Pros

No in-house IT staff to configure EMR. All updates/upgrades are remote. The integration of EMR/Optical/patient management and the constant improvements to the suite. Integration with instruments; visually pleasing ; being able to review records from anywhere in the world.

Cons

Its continued dependence on Flash; not being able to use on tablets easily; excessive need to click/pick; not having the patient fill in their health and be transferrable to the emr.

Amy R.

love it!, user friendly, easy to use and easy to customize for what you want

user friendly

Pros

easy to use, in the cloud so can access anywhere wifi connection, customizeable, updates push out automatically overnight, so no down time to install them

Cons

usually when there is an update some things are improved but it will break something else that is not related to what is being updated! And it's frustrating to have to try to see patients, chart on paper and then go back to re-enter things or not have access to placing order and having pricing.