Property Meld

4,2 (22)
The smarter way to coordinate property maintenance.

4/5

Arielle D.

The Easiest Platform to manage large complexes!

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pros

The ease of use for this program is unlike any other. Tenants are able to file complaints, schedule maintenance appointments, and even pay invoices. It makes tenant housing maintenance a breeze!

Cons

The interface is very simple and easy to navigate. Can't complain!

Response from Property Meld

Arielle,

Thank you! We love having awesome partners like you work with us!

Mark A.

Property Software Usage

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

Ease of communication with all parties involved in the process.

Pros

Property Meld had SMS communication that allowed us to move back and forth between vendor, tenant, and owner that was great to use.

Cons

The ability to use for our internal employees, not vendors, was challenging.

Michael C.

Don't sign the year contract

Reviewed on 2021/11/16

Pros

They have great sales people to convince you to buy their product

Cons

Tenants and vendors hated it. Meld makes you sign a year contract and when their product doesn't work (as they know it won't), you have to pay a huge sum to get out of the year contract.

Tim W.

Excellent Experience. Valuable Tool

Reviewed on 2016/09/08

After doing almost all of our work orders in our enterprise software and through email and phone calls for the last 10 years, we identified a communication issue between tenant, vendor and property manager. We spent several months identifying several versions of work order software that provided various solutions to the issues we were having.
After demo-ing two different solutions, it became clear that Property Meld was the absolute best choice. It solves problems we didn't even know we were having and after just a few months, our tenants and property managers have provided 5-star feedback.
The most valuable pieces are that Property Meld connects the vendor and tenant and allows our Property Managers to be managers and not get stuck in the middle of a maintenance request scheduling it, getting keys and there is absolutely no chance a work order sent to a vendor can fall through the cracks.
The daily summary emails helps our mid-level management staff keep track of what is going on in our manager's portfolios and really allows them to take an active role in their career development which is a value at Dodson Property Management we take very seriously.
Finally, the customer service is unlike any software company we use (and we use a lot). It is personal and has made the transition easier than I could have ever imagined.
Overall, this product gets an A+ from me.

Pros

The customer service and time saved for our property managers

Cons

I wish it could pull new properties from our enterprise software.

Micah B.

Great software for tenants, vendors, and managers for all maintenance administration!

Reviewed on 2016/08/23

We manage about 70 properties out of our Property Management Firm, and have been trying to schedule and track all maintenance using spreadsheets online. This has not worked well, and repairs keep getting missed, leaving tenants upset and causing us more work cleaning up the messes with tenants, clients, and vendors. PropertyMeld allows us to follow each tenant request for repairs, assign it to a vendor, and track the status of the work. Tenants are automatically notified when a vendor needs to reschedule, and it is easy to track long-term jobs that require specialists or special-order parts. It is also very easy for tenants and vendors to post pictures of items needing repair or completed work, making it very easy for us to keep our clients informed about repairs and documentation that work was completed satisfactorily.

Pros

Ease-of-use and simple functionality. Other software we reviewed to track maintenance seemed to offer so much more than just maintenance, making the interface confusing. Searching for properties, open repair tickets, status of repairs, etc is easy to find, and the software is very intuitive to use.

Cons

Integration of financial reporting would be nice, but then I am concerned we may loose some of the simple functionality and ease-of-use of this software.

Molly G.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Not user friendly for vendors

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

I would urge any property manager considering using this software to manage work orders they send to vendors to consider ease of use on the vendor side. Property Meld makes it difficult to communicate with our property manager clients, adds extra steps to our current processes, and overall makes it take longer to service our clients and/or provide them with estimates. We are almost never given enough information to adequately service our property manager clients, and with the only way to communicate being through Property Meld messaging, it takes a long time to get the proper information in order to set up a work order on our end. There is also nowhere to attach files to a message, so if the property manager doesn't provide proper contact info, we cannot send estimates. Managers often take a long time to respond. It also takes our processes longer because instead of just writing up a work order in our system, getting it done, and sending the bill, we have to update it and submit invoices through PropertyMeld.

Pros

It is nice to know that some of our property manager clients have a system for keeping records of work orders submitted to vendors.

Cons

Lack of information submitted to vendors, disrupts vendor's normal processes, inefficient for vendors to use, makes communication difficult.

Dezmey T.

Maitenance at ease

Reviewed on 2019/11/05

Easy for our tenants and clients to use with no hassle

Pros

Every time we suggest something they actually consider it and help make them better. It has been wonderful working with them

Cons

When ever you set up the account I do wish it asked if you want to be notified of the following. As of now you get notified of everything which can bog down your email

Kassandra R.

Yay! Thank you Property Meld for making property management so HIP & EFFICIENT!

Reviewed on 2016/09/15

Hey there, it's Kassandra Rose, I am a founder, owner and designated broker for a successful property management company located outside of Seattle, Washington. With nearly a decade in the real estate industry and after handling thousands upon thousands of transactions, we've just recently switched our ENTIRE maintenance department over to Property Meld!

Pros

We are now able to talk to our vendors and residents in real time! YES!!! The live chats, instant push notifications and accountability for all parties is priceless. Exactly what we were looking for. It's incredibly refreshing to work with such a forward-thinking company that actually values and implements our suggestions!

Cons

We know that you are a young company changing an otherwise out-dated and antiquated industry. Just hurry up, we can't wait to see what is up your sleeve next!

Dani B.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Property management software that does it right!

Reviewed on 2016/02/11

Pros

It's super quick to get started, with an intuitive interface. Now everyone is kept in the loop when we have to do maintenance on our units, and the few times I had to email for customer support, they got right back to me.

Cons

This is my first go at a professional management software suite, so I can't really compare it to the competition, but Property Meld has everything I need so far to perform apartment maintenance, and the company seems open to feedback and feature requests.

James B.

Very good

Reviewed on 2016/06/07

We have started using Meld now and our tenants love it and the customer support at Meld is very fast and helpful.

Tim V.

Great for communicting between owners, vendors, and tenants

Reviewed on 2018/07/05

Pros

The communication aspect and API to our PM software. It tracks our work orders like we thought and allows us to share important information with our investors immediately.

Cons

Better support would be appreciated, but the system is new, the software and great, and I am confident the company will soon be able to support a customer service team.

Kyla G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Makes My Job So Much Simpler

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

Awesome. As a cleaning contractor for property management accounts, I wish more of my affiliates used this software!

Pros

I absolutely love it when property managers use this product. I own a cleaning service, and this software easily sends new assignments via email, allows you to communicate with the manager through the software, and invoice each job easily directly through the software. You can see the status of all jobs at any time, including whether or not it has been completed, or whether or not it has been paid.

Cons

Nothing, I wish more property managers used this product, they'd be a lot more organized

Ryan F.

Streamlines maintenance/communication process for manager, tenants & vendors

Reviewed on 2016/08/01

Started using the Property Meld software about 2 months ago and in it's short time it's completely overhauled our organization of handling service requests through Appfolio and streamlined the process of communication between our tenants and vendors.

Pros

Scheduling feature for vendors/tenants.
Chat feature.
Email updates once job is complete.

Cons

Vendors unable to schedule through calendar if not submitted by tenant directly.
Vendors ability to close out Melds without a notes

Alexandra S.

5 Stars for Property Maintenance

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

Major benefits including tenants ability to upload melds. Helps out a ton as we have over 800 properties we manage!

Pros

I love how easy this software makes managing property maintenance. Vendors are accessible and tenants are able to see what we see in relation to their melds. Very effective!

Cons

Only been using for 6 months, but so far no complaints!

• Used for 6-12 months

Landlords Tool

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

Pros

I like how easy it is to submit a maintenance issue with the home we are renting. You are notified of updates immediately. Being that it's a app it's good for use after business hours.

Cons

I hate my rental company waited so long to get this. I prefer this over calling into the maintenance line any day.

Stella S.

Exceptional Customer Service

Reviewed on 2016/05/27

Ray & his team have been wonderful to work with. We feel that the product is great and has helped improve our response to our tenants repair requests. They have been able to integrate it with AppFolio as well which makes it all the more easy to use. Their customer service is top notch!! No matter when I call or email I get a response almost before I can send my question. Any suggestions we have made they have taken seriously. I have no qualms recommending them and their product!

Jennifer N.

A tool simple enough; my vendors, maintenance, and tenants enjoy using.

Reviewed on 2016/02/15

Pros:
Very simple to use - takes little to no training to start rolling.
Fast integration - took 1 day to have me up and running
Mobile friendly - I can check on the status of all my maintenance from any device at home

Cons:
Integration with other software systems would be handy

Disaster of experience

Reviewed on 2021/10/21

Pros

It has great potential. Relatively reasonable pricing.

Cons

Does not work with vendor software, the response, fire your vendor. Tenants doesnt like it, staff doesnt like it.

James W.

FINALLY! An user-friendly maintenance software for prop managers.

Reviewed on 2016/02/11

Pros

The easy user interface...required ZERO training for tenants and vendors. Great application and easy to implement

Cons

It wasn't available earlier...such a great concept.

Anna B.

Property Meld

Reviewed on 2019/07/18

Pros

The chat feature that enables you to chat with multiple people on one thread

Cons

New melds cannot be created that use the same category of a previous meld.

Ben H.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Horrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Pros

Easy to submit work orders. Rather intuitive software.

Cons

The support staff is rude and ineffectual. Not only can they not make an appointment, even if workmen screws up an order but also they are condescending. A representative told my wife who was at work that she should "stop running errands and come home immediately" to let the workman in even though we clearly said we wouldn't be at the house. Later, when a customer service representative called me to apologize, he ended up giving me a lecture about how to fill out forms and how it was my fault things didn't go smoothly.

Tim S.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Property Mgr uses it to dogde repairs

Reviewed on 2019/01/22

Go back to communicating in person.

Pros

Nothing. It's just another layer to separate lessees from management and the property owners they represent.

Cons

Just another wizz bang app created by a bunch of kids who don't understand customer service. Whatever happened to people actually doing their job?