ServiceTrade

Commercial field service and customer service application.

Joshua C.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

The wind beneath my wings

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Clarity in scheduling multiple technicians for multiple stops each and every day. Data and information easily accessible for planning, business development, and more.

Pros

ServiceTrade has been a joy to implement and use everyday. The dev team, and everyone at ServiceTrade, have been absolutely incredible. I cannot recommend this solution enough.
From day one, we had no half measures. We jumped in both feet and never looked back. The scheduling makes planning our technicians days straightforward and clear. I could ramble on for hours about how much I love the search functionality, and the data you can quickly get to really get down into the nitty gritty of whatever you're looking for.
To my experience, any software that claims to do everything, does nothing well. ServiceTrade is near perfectly optimized for the scope it encompasses. Features are being added all the time, and the dev team are always enthusiastic. I foresee this product getting lots of love for years and years to come. This product only gets better and better.
Third party integrations have been a breeze, and a staggering amount of third party applications are available.

Cons

Only a couple items come to mind, none are deal breakers. A general timeclock for tracking daily general time would be helpful, however we've found a small third party solution for this. Ability to add non-billable appointments and vendor stops would also be nice, and again not a huge deal. A great unification of built-in app and web features would be a great quality of life improvement, however I have a feeling those sneaky devs are up to something already... they always are.

Eric C.

Beat the billion dollar bullies

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

I love all the problems this software was able to solve. I am secure in knowing that customer service will always take care of my issues. I love the fact that training is available as well as a well-regulated wiki.

Pros

The customer service and the company that designs and runs the software. I love the fact that I was able to go paperless.

Cons

Like any complex software, there is a learning curve when implementing. Also, buying this software does not address every aspect of running a service business. For example, live messaging or phone service.

Trevor S.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Service trade for the daily user

Reviewed on 2020/11/09

Overall
I am quite happy with the Service.
After all of the bugs got sorted out, it has been amazing to use especially for the day to day operations

Pros

I like that it is easy to use, and I am able to find what I am looking for very quickly

Cons

There are some connectivity issues, and there have been some issues with having to upload the reports
The have been times where I have had to delete the program off my phone and reinstall it just so the uploads can work correctly

Crystal W.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

A must-have for modern service industry businesses

Reviewed on 2016/10/24

If you're scheduling multiple crews, wanting to see where the techs are/ when they clocked in, and wanting to give customers great follow up information and photos, you pretty much have to have Service Trade. After the initial learning curve, which is definitely not bad, it frees up a lot of time and bandwidth because you can do much more. It keeps it organized for you and impresses your customers with the technology they expect- even from their HVAC, fire/ safety service, etc.

We've made a number of requests for changes and tweaks in the system to customize it further to our needs. Not all can be accommodated, but tech support has been great at listening to us and making sure they understand what we want. Then they tell us if it's feasible or if there is a better way that already exists. We've been really happy with the personalized touch. We attended their recent conference in SC and were really pleased with the additional ideas that are available that we're not yet implementing- getting to work on those ASAP.

Get with the future or get left behind. ServiceTrade is the new requirement for what we must provide to do good work and give customers what they want. ST is allowing us to expand and grow.

Pros

Ease of use, short initial learning curve, number of available features

Cons

Invoicing could be smoother - requesting more features for this area

Joey H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

The last update fixed alot of minor things that i would have suggested. Good job!

Reviewed on 2016/10/23

The one thing i can think of is getting the software to rememer email adresses when finishing work acknowledgments. Similar to How your email works, as you start typing in the email address it will pull up previous ones used that match. This will keep repeat customers from having to type in there full email adress every time. Some custommers have a hard time finding those dificult keys strokes like "_".

Pros

Easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Cons

Any cons have nothing to do with the software and Everything to do with APPLE DEVICES.
I often wonder how it works on an Android Platform.
Maybe FIX THE BUG WITH { }[ ]~<> SYMBOLS in the deficiency section .......Im the lucky one who caused this error at our company, locking up a couple jobs on the office side. OOPS....

Travis N.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Review of service from a developer who interacts primarily with the API

Reviewed on 2016/10/21

ServiceTrade is very feature rich and I'm impressed by the variety of use cases that it handles and wealth of features. However for us, this plus is often a downside. We have very specific use cases and sometimes the way data is setup in service trade is not the best fit for us. However, this isn't really a complaint, rather an observation. If ServiceTrade was to fit our needs better, it would not fit the needs of other organizations.

I've been impressed with the responsiveness of the service and development teams who have provided timely and detailed answers to questions I have raised.

Pros

Feature rich UI.

Cons

With the wide use cases, it often feels like I'm having to solve two or three problems to solve one of our internal problems. Meaning, it is sometimes a complicated process to map a feature request in our domain to an implementation integrating service trade... but I don't know that there is a way to solve that. It is the nature of the service trade platform to have to accommodate a wide variety of use cases, and I understand that.

William L.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Provides our Corporation with the needed tools to manage our service business

Reviewed on 2017/07/27

Management of the entire service aspect of our corporation, from one end to the other.

Pros

The flexibility of managing Technicians in the field and the backend Office Users; from Dispatching, Scheduling, Invoicing, Forms, and Data. We have a way to track our strong points and our weak ones. The ability to create and maintain our own form library has given us the ability to satisfy our Customers and locale AHJs in a manner we were never able to do before.

Cons

While we have the ability to create our own PDF forms which we can code to auto-populate most static data, we cannot do this on the couple of Spreadsheet Graphing forms we have created to fill a vital need. Also, when updating the PDF Forms, which is necessary from time to time, we must re-load the entire library section where the form is loaded so it will compile in the appropriate order in the forms package. Those are the very few issues we have experienced, and given ServiceTrade's willingness and ability to address needed updates to their software, we have confidence that these issues will be tackled, if possible.

Lorna W.

Great potential

Reviewed on 2017/02/13

I pretty much feel like we got a product that was still in Beta testing. We've had issues with porting item lists, and Quickbooks Online that falls short on seamless integration. When I reach out to tech support I have to repeatedly defend and support my complaints until someone believes me and then gets someone to look into it. The interface is not as user friendly as I had believed it was going to be, without some computer language skills the errors are impossible to decipher.
We were very excited to get set up with Servicetrade, and for the most part, it is serving our needs and helping us stay organized.
Unfortunately a bulk of the services I was keenly interested are reserved for larger companies or a minimum amount of techs; the customer portal and feedback option were very desirable selling features. And even though we bought 4 extra tech accounts that we don't need just to get set up at all, these services still could not be made available.

Pros

Asset management and reported deficiencies are fantastic for both customer service and generating future revenue.

Cons

Limited capabilities in invoicing, manually have to add sales taxes to each transaction, cannot change or alter item description. Does not always integrate 100% to QBO, failed invoices with no real explanation (maybe 1 in 20 occurrence). For whatever reason email never port into QBO invoices, always have to manually add. Error messages are illegible/not in plain english for easier understanding and trouble shooting.

Megan L.

Great for all service businesses!

Reviewed on 2019/05/14

We have been using ServiceTrade as our job management software since 2015. I have to say, ServiceTrade's customer support is above any other company's I have ever came across. Anytime we see that there is room for improvement, which is very rare, we contact the ST team and see the changes in the next update.
ServiceTrade is extremely easy to use and very intuitive! There isn't much that ServiceTrade doesn't do from parts tracking, time tracking, dispatching, invoicing, quoting, reporting, and more. We can't say enough good things about this software!

Pros

Customer service, intuitiveness, minuscule learning curve, integrations, design, and responsiveness.

Cons

Theres really nothing that we dislike about ServiceTrade.

Jasman W.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Very resourceful easy to function

Reviewed on 2017/05/03

There are several benefits our company gets from this software. It stores our jobs and details, our technicians use it to track where they are to go. We store special notes and comments that helps with invoicing. It helps the executives with gross profits margins. We track parts and labor hours and job details.

Pros

Easy to navigate around the software. I can search for customers using different variations of the name of business and/or the address of the location.

Cons

The only thing that I do not care for to much is the tagging feature. If one job is tagged that tag sticks to customer each time a job is set. I.E a customer may be tagged to have a PO for a specific job and maybe the next doesn't need a PO because it was under the dollar value. The PO tag sticks to that customer each time insinuating that the job needs a PO when it not necessarily the case.

Bethanne A.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Helps make my job a lot easier!!

Reviewed on 2017/05/02

I love how our techs can upload all of their paperwork & pictures for jobs. I can go to a customers location & see all of the jobs we have ever done for them. We can adjust paperwork & pictures with the drag & fix option. I like how it keeps track of our techs drive hours & work hours separate. There is a place for all of our information. It is just the best!!

Pros

Cons

Like once every 6 months it might go down for like 5 minutes. But they get it fixed & back up & running.

Billie G.

Quoting made easy

Reviewed on 2016/10/21

I use servicetrade to do all of our fire protection deficiency quotes. As a sales rep it's a numbers game. The more I quote, the more I sell. My sales volume has increased significantly as well as my close rates. I find it so much easier to manage the customers issues and resolve them quick and efficiently through our quoting tools. Couldn't be happier with the program.

Pros

Ease of use. Love that customers can approve the quote online and we get notified. Makes my job so much easier than faxed and paperwork.

Cons

Still see room for improvement in the tool itself, but looks like improvements are being made often.

Kim M.

Great program!

Reviewed on 2016/07/29

Pros

Great guys to work with! They are very professional and are very patient. They have a very nice on-boarding tracking program that keeps everyone involved in the on-boarding stages, on the same page. I know that when I need to go back to them for some further on-boarding (my fault, not theirs), they will be very helpful in getting us up an going. We are currently using Maximizer 10.5 Group. Exports to Excel were easy to do, but not all matched to Quickbooks, so I have some follow-up work I still need to do to match to the Quickbooks entries, and then we can go full bore onto ServiceTrade. We have used it periodically during our transition from Maximizer and we have liked it. The techs find it easy to use in the field, but we have not yet used it to it's fullest capacity. We especially look forward to using the customer follow-up tool, Service Link, and are anxious to see how it helps our marketing to existing customers.

I like that they are always updating and improving the program. They do offer on-going training, also.

Cons

As an outdoor lighting company, we usually don't need to "Schedule" calls, but while testing the program, I found the "Scheduling" & "Dispatch" screens a bit complicated to view. But I think as I start using the program more, it will get easier. I'm not concerned.

Scott S.

Great support!

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

Constantly updating and improving. Serious about this buisness and about growing it long term. Bearded briefing is helpful and is looking out for our interests. The conference was great I didn't attend but my people said it was worth while.

Cons

Price. Need to better accommodate larger projects (large number of tasks and several thousand hours). Would love to include a crm software not for intergration but part of the platform. Sales force?

Bobby H.

Great tool for the service industry

Reviewed on 2017/08/15

I can see what the office has scheduled for me days/weeks in advance and plan my schedule around that.

Pros

The ability to organize everything including reports, pictures, and deficiencies to be done and anyone with access can see them as well.

Cons

Would like the ability to single out map dots by day where that day is all you see. Also when two techs are clocked into a job and one signs out, it dissappears from the other techs service even if the other tech isn't ready to clock out.

Randy R.

Safety and Compliance Review

Reviewed on 2020/01/02

Service Trade has been excellent, I have no complaints.

Pros

It is very easy to use and once the user understands how the software works, it is very fast to use.

Cons

When viewing photos, it would be nice if there was an auto expand feature to make the photos easier to view. Also, online form completion would be nice.

Nathan B.
  • Industry: Utilities

Overall it is a lot easier than having loads of parerwork. I use it every day for fire...

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

It takes away a lot of the anxiety and stress that would come from just normal paperwork

Pros

The speed is what I like most. It makes the work go so much faster and it makes it a lot easier to organize.

Cons

I have had a few times where I have all the deficiencies done and I go to fully complete everything and all my writing is gone from deficiencies but the pictures that I took are still in there. I don't know what happened but it gets extremely annoying

Bethanne A.

Awesome Software

Reviewed on 2016/10/21

Service Trade has been an awesome addition to our workplace. We use Service Trade as a dispatching software for our company. We service other businesses with trade services such as: plumbing, HVAC, Electrical, Kitchen Exhaust Hood cleaning, grease trap cleaning & construction services. Service Trade keeps our company running so smooth. We dispatch our techs, keep their times, we quote jobs from Service Trade & we invoice our jobs also. We would be lost without Service Trade!!!

Pros

Dispatching our jobs, keeping the techs times, quoting jobs & invoicing jobs. It keeps everything very organized.

Cons

Lately we have been having issues with Service Trade moving extremely slow.

Andrew S.

Excellent for Service Industry

Reviewed on 2020/01/02

We continue to grow and grow with our small business, and ServiceTrade has been an integral part of that growth.

Pros

The ability to schedule and track all of our employees at a few clicks of the mouse. We also love that we can take pictures and upload notes to the accounts.

Cons

Not really much, there has been some bugs here and there, but they are quick to act on them and update any issues.

Kyle K.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Game changing application for us

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

Wonderful - great product and people!

Pros

We appreciate everything about the app as it is extremely useful across all functions and divisions. We have seen significant gains since implementation.

Cons

There are minor portions of functionality that I wish was included however, they are 'wish list items' that get included as time passes.

Steve D.
  • Industry: Public Safety

Our experience has been extremely positive.

Reviewed on 2016/05/10

Pros

Service Trade is innovative and forward thinking. They've created a platform with myriad opportunities to streamline our internal processes but, just as importantly, engage with our customers to provide them with a better experience with us as a service provider. The transition was relatively smooth and seamless as well.

Cons

Though they continue to innovate, some more analytical capability would be a really welcomed add-on. I believe they will address this as quickly as they can, as they continue to come out with updates every couple weeks.

Nate R.

Our Most Valuable Operating Program

Reviewed on 2016/11/04

I know it looks like I went through the review and marked 5 stars on everything but I assure you it was intentional. The Service Trade software as allowed us to streamline our operations, consolidate mission critical operating systems and add bottom line line revenue. We've tried many platforms similar to Service Trade only to see each produce nothing but headaches and wasted money. The Service Trade support team is very responsive and have been great with creating added value features, like the customer portal. this is truly cutting edge technology that we use to ensure our operation remains efficient and profitable. Also, the customer driven features (customer portal, quoting/invoicing, integrated pics, etc) are used as marketing tools allowing us to further separate ourselves from the competition and increasing our margins by being able to "sell" that added value. A+ product

Pros

- Efficient
- Extremely Customer Friendly
- Marketable
- Ease of Use
- Constantly Evolving with Valuable Features
- Short Learning Curve for Field Personal
- Ability to Integrate Other Software Platforms
- Cost of Entry is Low

Cons

No Cons really, if we ever have an issue the support team jumps all over it.

Bryan S.

Great product - Versatility and Visibility

Reviewed on 2017/07/19

Pros

The historical tracking of jobs at your fingertip is the most valuable tool that any service person can have. Saving minutes a day with this one feature alone adds up to days and weeks, and everyone knows time is money.

Cons

Cons are few and far between. I would like to be able to upload different types of attachments beyond jpeg and pdf.

Shelly G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

ST has streamlined our scheduling, customer maintenance and overall procedures

Reviewed on 2018/05/25

Streamlining of Job processes
Better communication to technicians

Pros

Scheduling Board - Real time pictures - Deficiency tracking and monitoring
Recurring job set up
Ability to reference historical jobs

Cons

There is no built in feature to download all pictures from a job
Cannot easily scroll through job pictures

Randall L.

Great for service work

Reviewed on 2020/01/03

The previous company I worked for did everything 19th century style so I was really blown away with this product. Love the map aspect of it

Pros

The map feature works great for getting work done in a specific area. Instead of going through a list and looking for address you can see how far each job is away from your current location

Cons

Unable to delete accidental photos from jobs. (However this May be a admin issue)