IncidentMonitor

Service desk software with self-service web portal support

• Used Other for 2+ years

Amazing support team

Reviewed on 2021/03/25

Pros

I was pleasantly surprised with the professionalism and responsiveness of the customer support team. The software itself is easy to use and easy to customize.

Cons

The feature list could be updated and improved.

Richard E.

Great plate-form for Incident Managemnt

Reviewed on 2016/05/25

We have been using Incident Monitor for more than three years now.
The great pros is intuitivity. IM is easy to use and to personalize.
We have been able to build several projects that are currently functioning correctly.
The cons is that all the features are not supported with ie8

Claire M.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

I love this product!

Reviewed on 2016/11/15

10 years ago, I was asked to research & purchase a software tracking system for a new helpdesk I was implementing. During the initial demo, all questions were answered with "yes, we can do that" and this application accepts and processes email - how great is that!

Shortly after implementing the product, we were amalgamated into 5 different ministries, with 5 different helpdesk processes. We did a review & again, this product came out on top.

The application has grown & improved over the years. I still love it and our clients are really happy with what we've done, via customer surveys that we implemented.

There are so many things this application can do so it takes time to understand everything, but once you do, WOW there is no end to it.

I now support it full time as there is so much more to do and I can configure it to suit my ministry's needs. Over the years, my organization has made requests for special configuration changes and the answer is still "yes, we can do that" and they do it.

A recent comment I heard was "isn't it nice that we can make these configuration changes ourselves instead of having to send them off and wait months to get them done."

The price includes all the modules so there is no "add ons" and no additional costs or surprises.

If you purchase this product, there is no looking back!

Pros

The fact that I can configure it myself. My previous experience is to send our configuration changes off and wait for approval, then someone to do the work. That can take months. I can do the work quickly and efficiently. The people on the support side are great people and do their best to accommodate you and your time commitment.

Cons

Having worked with it for many years, there isn't much I don't know about the product.

If I had to say anything, I would like to see the option to choose the color of each project because when you link one project to another, it can be difficult to know where you are as all projects look the same. Can be a bit confusing if you are not paying attention - however, that is a small thing overall.

Ron G.

Barely acceptable

Reviewed on 2016/11/09

When a client of mine told me they were getting a new incident management system, I was excited. Until I saw and used IM. Maybe this was top-drawer 15 years ago. But, by today's standards it falls short. For general look-and-feel think Windows 95 and Classic ASP. If you wondered why all of the screenshots are blurred...
Looks aside, usability and functional workflow is just a mess.
Frustrating, dreadful stuff.

Pros

Can't think of anything

Cons

well, pretty much everything. The UI and UX are simply horrible. Dread using this software, but am forced by one of my clients.

Response from Monitor 24-7

It was top-drawer 15 years ago and it still is. The client you speak of is no longer an active participant in maintenance and as such has not upgraded in several years. They have terminated maintenance a few years ago and still the use the product - sounds like a stable application to me.

You are more than welcome to contact us and see the latest version We'd love to get your feedback as to how to improve the product.

Darrell M.

Easy to use and easy to adapt to our corporate standards, process flows and design

Reviewed on 2016/05/25

The great thing is that IncidentMonitor easily adapts to our business. It came with lots of free itil process templates. But as we have our own process flows we needed to adapt the flows. This was very simple to do with what they call the workflow and process designer. With the last update we also were also able to create multiple self service portals using logo's from our customers. They love it. With the service catalog designer we created smart forms and published those in the portals. the cons are that the tool offers so much that we probably don't use all. But I don't know if that really is a con. Overall great tool. Support from Monitor 24-7 is very personal. Usually we get direct access to people who know what they are talking about.

Ludwig W.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

ITSM Evaluation of Incident Monitor 24-7

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Overall a valuable ITSM solution for smaller applications and smaller companies.

Pros

the product does what it needs to do in a very simple way. Nothing fancy. based on an Object model framework. Automatic creation of incident ticket. Automatic knowledge base upload when entering request qualification. Combination of workflows and sub-workflows. Possibility of architectural modeling. Linking of documents. Dashboard function.

Cons

Older technology based on MS framework.

Carmine C.

It sounded too good to be true

Reviewed on 2016/05/25

It sounded way too good to be true. They promised us a lot of functionality for a price that seemed unbelievable. Well, I was wrong. They delivered what they said they would in the short project timeline. We were really impressed with their professionalism and positive get it done attitude. We never heard "we can't do that". They always had options to provide the functionality we needed. Their forms designer and workflow designer are all you really need to get the job done. We really loved the custom web portal that we could design ourselves very easily. It really makes it simple for our users.

Pros
- Design your service interface with a kiosk like feel
- Design just about any form with no coding
- Design any workflow with no coding
- Person, group, vote or multi-level approvals
- Service targets all policy based and simple to set up
- Multi-lingual so all communication in user's language
- Integration with other business systems is seamless
- Web services / XML etc allow other systems to integrate
- Host multiple help desks easily and securely
- Messaging is simple and very customizable
- E-mail integration is excellent
- Windows, web and mobile client software
- Simple administration and operation

Cons
- There are a lot of features in this product that can take some time to get your head around what is possible with this software