Smart Service Reviews

Write a Review!
Add scheduling, dispatching, and more to QuickBooks.

4.2/5
4.1/5
4.2/5
4.5/5

• Industry: Security & Investigations

Workforce management made that easy!

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Overall, software is awesome I have wonderful experience and the software helped our company a lot of effective workforce management.

Pros

What I like about the software is that aside from the fact that this is a scheduler, employees are being notified of the schedule/task update real time. Useful to us that is starting to expand our company that majority of our employees are in the field and no time to get back to the office for schedule check. Another awesome feature of this software is that after the schedule or task is complete management is notified back for the job well done.

Cons

In my experience I can't see any problem, probably the interface make it a little bit alive.

Brad
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great Product & Great Support

Reviewed on 2017/01/20

I've been using Smart Service and iFleet for nearly 4 years and I really couldn't imaging operating our service company without it. I've seen quite a few changes and feature upgrades throughout over the years which shows that the product has great support. Whenever I have questions, they are answered right away. The only "complaint" I have if I had to make one would be that I would like to see the front facing camera be fixed within the iFleet app. I have been requesting this to be fix for the entire time that we have been using this product but it seems to go unnoticed. It must be a simple fix as every other camera app on iOS seems to work as intended. The pictures come in reversed which make reading numbers and words impossible. We use the front camera to take picture of product tags that are hard to reach. It would also be nice if the pictures were tagged with the job name and number so that we can easily locate and identify it. Thanks for a great product and all the support that goes into it. Looking forward to using this product for many years to come.

Pros

I've been using Smart Service and iFleet for nearly 4 years and I really couldn't imaging operating our service company without it. I've seen quite a few changes and feature upgrades throughout over the years which shows that the product has great support. When ever I have questions, they are answered right away. The only "complaint" I have if I had to make one would be that I would like to see the front facing camera be fixed within the iFleet app. I have been requesting this to be fix for the entire time that we have been using this product but it seems to go unnoticed. It must be a simple fix as every other camera app on iOS seems to work as intended. The pictures come in reversed which make reading numbers and words impossible. We use the front camera to take picture of product tags that are hard to reach. It would also be nice if the pictures were tagged with the job name and number so that we can easily locate and identify it. Thanks for a great product and all the support that goes into it. Looking forward to using this product for many years to come.

Christopher

My Service Depot is not a company that stands by its word, they tell you one thing and do...

Reviewed on 2017/12/22

Experience about what not to buy

Experience about what not to buy

Pros

job entry is ok. The ability to drop & drag jobs between technicians is nice. Ifleet program worked ok

Cons

When we purchased this software I purchased the dispatching add on called Ifleet for my field technicians. I was told and I quote "Ifleet purchase option _ iphone/ipad smart service add-on with no set up fees or ongoing monthly charges for service or support. That is off of my sales contract. They have turned off my Ifleet because I haven't paid my support fees. My agreement states there are no fees for support but somehow I owe them money, supposedly. Don't believe anything they say as they are just trying to get your money.

I also have issues with the program itself as you need to be able to write computer code to get any kind of reports from the software, the reporting feature is difficult to use. Its interface with QuickBooks is not great which makes tracking receivables and sales difficult. Overall I am very disappointed with this software and I would not recommend purchasing it.

angela
  • Industry: Public Safety

Reliable Product

Reviewed on 2020/03/23

Overall the product is solid and the Support team is extremely helpful.

Overall the product is solid and the Support team is extremely helpful.

Pros

The scheduling feature works well. Many positive features, photo capturing, signatures, notes. I enjoy the monthly webinars that provide/reap new and old features of the product.

Cons

The downside of this product is the notes stay with the recurring job from year to year unless you create a new recurring job. This is time consuming and causes errors if the new job is not scheduled as recurring. A great feature would be for notes to automatically be archived when the next schedule occurs.

Kathy
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Smart Service is easy to you but it doesn't do a lot of the reports we would like to do.

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Its easy to use, that's about it. It does speak to Quickbooks but it creates a lot of errors which causes us to send our database in frequently.

Pros

Easy to use. The different screens can be confusing so you have to pay attention to what you're doing and what screen you are in. Lots of information can be entered into the system and utilized properly.

Cons

It creates errors in Quicksbooks and we constantly have to repair our database. The different screens which look identical, you have to be careful with. If you don't put the information into both sides, it does not transfer over.

Chris

The process to move one of our data base to another QB company went well.

Reviewed on 2017/05/08

Pros

The service scheduling with ifleet for our technicians. It gives the tech an overview of his work for the day. The completion of their work the next morning is also a great and straightforward process into QB.

Cons

The only con was when going through the migration to another data base with several calls I talked to more than one tech. As all are versed in their knowledge of the product they do have different approaches. I would recommend when something like a migration takes place the same tech is available through the entire thing.

Wade

Get Smart!

Reviewed on 2017/01/24

Smart service has revolutionized our business. From having your techs schedules at their fingertips to specific reports, Smart Service will make you smile.

Pros

It helps ease the burden of communicating jobs and details with our technicians and helps build our value to our clients with an out of the ordinary service and job quoting/invoicing experience. Very professional.

Cons

Sometimes the updates make it do weird things and it would take a good long tutorial or two to really get used to the functionality. All in all I have nothing bad to say about it.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Pros

We have been Smart service users for approximately 6 years now. Smart Services customer service is unsurpassed. When you call they help you. The ease of remote login by Smart Service in an awesome feature. They can see exactly what the issue is.

Cons

I would say they have limited hours. If there is an issue on weekends, holidays or after business hours then you have to wait and that is the only con I can think of.

Chris

This is a great program and easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

Not having to hand enter every invoice. Now the techs can do it and then I just post and print. So simle.

Pros

This program reads out QuickBooks, which made it easy to transition
Customer service is amazing, they have always been able to walk me thru whatever problem I have

Cons

Not all of our forms can be prefilled. Technicians cannot change the dates of service. There is not much bad to say about this program it works like it supposed to.

Tessa
Tessa

Great Resource

Reviewed on 2016/10/25

This is a great resource to use, it attaches pictures for the customers to see and it corresponds with QB's!

Pros

The format that it prints for the customer to read with ease

Cons

glitchy

Mar
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 2020/03/25

Pros

We really don't use the Software to its fullest. It We love the part we use

Cons

We would love to use the Service agreement billing but we bull a month in advance and the way it is designed we can not use it.

ServiceMax

Reasons for Choosing Smart Service

Reporting

Reasons for Switching to Smart Service

it had more of what we were looking for
Ken
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best business software

Reviewed on 2016/09/21

After trying many different types of software for my business, smart service outshines them all. Easy to use, functions in a way that makes sense with our business. It makes dealing with customer orders fast and efficient. Communicating with employees in the field has never been better for us. We can accurately and quickly make sure field techs understand where they should go and what they are to do. We can track revenue by forecasting and reviewing. This software really works. The support team is amazing.

Pros

It accomplishes all that we want out of a software without being complicated to use. It understands what we need to function and flow as a business. Using the software helps us be professional and profitable.

Cons

I can't really say anything negative about the software. I have heard others say they found a cheaper way to operate with software. It is usually people using several different software types or one program that is less quality. To me bad or clunky software/office operations cost money. Smart service is inexpensive when you realize the potential profits from a smooth running operation that is hassle free.

Brian

Moving company with smart service

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

There are certain fields in the moving industry that do not line up with other services. The mapper system seems to be extremely slow and locks up the computer at times when we attempt to use it. Some of the auto populated fields can not be turned off, so our secretaries are having to do double work to get the results we need. We are unable to add items in the field that carry over to smart service that will translate equally into quick books, so again the secretaries are having to go back and double work. At this time this is the program we use, but are in the process of looking at other programs that may be more flexible and less work for the office personal. We have spoken with our sales person and tech support on the issues noted above the I-fleet app that works with smart service the workers are consistantly telling us how slow the app is to respond!

Pros

The scheduling page that shows the number of trucks and color activated during time stamps

Cons

Not flexible for our industry, we keep hoping it will be more appealing to other options, but no luck after many years with the company.

Kristi

Smart Service Review

Reviewed on 2013/04/09

Amazing technology that provides our customers with professional and efficient service. Detailed notes, fast invoicing, awesome correspondence records between the customer and our company and ability to email and text through the software encourages success and keeps our company fresh and current. So glad we switched to Smart Service!!!

Pros

Love how easily Smart Service and Quick Books integrate. It has cut our billing time by hours.Thrilled to be able to include our service notes from SS on our QB invoices.
SS is quick to resolve any issues and are constantly improving on the software to make things more detailed and efficient.
iFleet is amazing! I love that I can see where our technicians are to track their routes.
Customer support is excellent and if your concerns always addressed.
Tracking inventory is a breeze.
Vehicle maintenance can be tracked by the office so that we don't have to rely on technicians for oil changes and other maintenance issues.
Software is fully customizable so we can enter our services and descriptions exactly as we want them to appear. .
Being able to email the customer his service order at time of service with his signature on it.
Recording history of past services so that the technicians can review what notes and materials were recorded at each prior service.

Cons

A lot of data entry is required to get the software like you want it. It takes dedicated man power but is well worth it once it is entered in.
Some software glitches can disrupt things for a bit but what software doesn't have these?
Making sure that Smart Service, Quickbooks and iFleet are reflecting the same information for the technicians using the devices so you need to familiarize yourself with where the information is pulling from.

Kathy
  • Industry: Restaurants

Scheduling with Ease

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

I have used Smart Service for 4 years now and it is a terrific software. It is very user friendly and easily navigated. We service 3 states - California / Arizona / Nevada - and our technicians have handsets that are in the field. Their feedback is that they like the software and ease of I-pad use when sending the documentation. The only downside is that I do not have enough time to navigate and learn and use all of its functionality. I am not using SmartService to its fullest capacity -- every day I learn a new function that I didn't realize existed. SmartService can fit all of your scheduling needs as it can be set up and programmed to suit your company's particular needs.

Pros

User Friendly; broad functionality in scheduling for tri-State area

Cons

Cannot to job times in timeframe needed-- our technicians work at night -- we can't show job times past 11:55pm

Connor
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Old backend and buggy

Reviewed on 2021/07/07

Tech support was good but the software is old and outdated

Tech support was good but the software is old and outdated

Pros

Tech support was good only because we paid for the service and they always had an answer or workaround

There are no other redeeming qualities about this software and we gave it a very fair shot

Cons

The software uses Microsoft Access and requires constant massaging to make it work properly. It is absolute non-stop crashes, server reboots etc. The technicians tables never synced properly and there was constantly missing data. Imports and exports to and from QB was a constant headache with missing pricing and information.

It was a significant amount of energy to deploy and we worked with it from September 2020 to May 2021 when we moved to another platform that has worked extremely well-utilizing the cloud.

Brenda

Tailored perfectly for a service business.

Reviewed on 2016/10/19

SmartService offers many features we need in a software program lumped into one and it communicates with Quickbooks. It's a database of your customers and jobs that offers a scheduling and dispatching board, field employee/job time tracking, reports that are customizable, Invoice/payment entry that flows to Quickbooks, and more. Many other software programs only offer some of the features of SmartService, and still others that offer similar features are extremely overpriced. Been happily using SmartService since 2004.

Pros

Customizable reports, works with QuickBooks, Marketing Tracking, Scheduling

Cons

Speed, although it is a bit faster than the old version was.

Bill

The team at Smart Service were very helpful in getting the issue discussed and resolved

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

The scheduling feature is user friendly providing detailed technician information as well as a color legend categories. The ease of moving jobs from technician to another is a huge advantage without re-entering information.

Cons

There isn't a maps feature that works that is similar to Google Maps
Not able to have templates for our service technicians that is easy to set up or maintain without an additional expense having it built without a guarantee that it will work properly

Brandon

Great scheduling software

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

We have been using smart service and ifleet for two years now and could not be happier. They are both very easy to get started and very easy to use. We have had no trouble integrating it with our technicians. No more double data entry into QuickBooks. I would highly recommend this software for any small to medium service type business. We do HVAC in Colorado Springs and I can see how this would work for many different types of companies.

Pros

It's many features and ease-of-use.

Cons

Tech-support is only available during regular business hours on Eastern standard time.

Alisha

Smart service has helped me to keep track of every aspect of each individual customer and jobs.

Reviewed on 2018/01/15

Pros

I like that the software is user friendly and can be saved, changed and added to at any point of the job process. Keeping track of hours and job items has never been so easy. I can manage ifleet and scheduling simultaneously as well as customer follow ups and invoicing without delay.

Cons

What I like least about the software is the many triggers that inhibit me of recording certain vital job status changes, or general information or notes while the job is ongoing. Sometimes that shared information needs changed or updated during the job, the triggers resend unnecessary jobs back to ifleet. But even with these triggers, I am still very pleased with the software. I would like to know more, as I am always learning new features as the need for them arises.

Michelle
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Good Service to have

Reviewed on 2019/03/29

Makes my job easier.

Makes my job easier.

Pros

It makes creating invoices easier and helps keep track of where your technicians need to go on the job and where they are.

Cons

Some jobs keep defaulting and i have to go in and re do work i just did. how to use some of the program is unfamiliar to me. It doesn't seem to back up what is done after you post a job. You then have vague information available. Maybe i just need to learn more about the program. :)

Katie
  • Industry: Utilities

So easy and extremely useful!

Reviewed on 2017/05/05

All the of the necessary information is printed out on the daily workorders as needed. Again, this program is very easy to use as well as teach to new employees.

Pros

We love the fact that it is simple to use and holds a lot of our customers information. Searching for customers is what we use on a daily basis anytime our phone rings.

Cons

We really don't have much of anything to complain about. sometimes there are glitches but nothing major.

Katrina

Works Great

Reviewed on 2017/02/27

This is a great program, they could fix a few things, but other than that I have been satisfied.

Pros

Scheduling is easy and organized.

Cons

They don't tell you when it has been updated and their mapping system does not allow you to "optimize" more than 100 jobs at a time. My techs tell when their system is acting up and then I have to contact them to find out why and usually it is due to an update.

Christa

always great customer service

Reviewed on 2017/05/02

Pros

the ability to sync with quickbooks for billing. customer service is quick to respond and very polite.

Cons

i am not made aware of updates when they are released, i usually have an error, which will lead to a call and i will update. the ability to use smart service on ipad would be nice. mass data upload option, ie device inventory from excel sheet.

Taylor

Smart Service is AWESOME!

Reviewed on 2017/01/19

We have been using Smart Service for the last few years in our HVAC business and it is a game changer. We are able to capture ALL of the information that comes out of the field, track everything that happens and run everything paperless. I would highly recommend Smart Service to anyone with a service business.

Pros

Easy to use, Tech support is amazing, and the sync between Quickbooks and Smart Service is great!

Cons

None