Yext

One platform. Limitless solutions.

Great software to use

Reviewed on 2019/11/10

It has been nothing but positive working with yext for me

It has been nothing but positive working with yext for me

Pros

This software is wonderful we use this daily at my job and yext is a service that will direct your business to 80 plus directories. We are able to go right into yext and update a address phone number website and it will automatically update it on the listings.

Cons

I do not feel like there are any cons this software actually helps me do my job better and it is a efficient way

Response from Yext

Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback! Glad to hear about your company's positive experience with our products.

Michal
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used for 2+ years

Easy way for a small business to ensure business listing sites have consistent information

Reviewed on 2017/09/20

Ensure correct and consistent listings across all the myriad business listing sites at one time and on one site.

Pros

EASY!!!: I have used Yext for 3 years for our small law office to make sure we have good, consistent listings across all the proliferation of business listing sites. If you have a web presence for your business, you likely know how important it is to have your business name, address, and phone number appear the same on all these sites to ensure Google correctly recognizes the business. But if your business is more than a few years old, it likely has many variations on all the listing sites. Going to each individual site and claiming the business, correcting the info, and completing the listing would be a full-time job. Yext gives business owners an easy, one-stop spot to fix many listings at once.
Features: Correct business info, tell what the business sells or does, add specials, add photos, manage social media, manage reviews, for many business listing sites, all in one place.

Cons

Social media management: I don't particularly like or use the social media management features. I find them too rudimentary for what we need.
Yext is a bit pricey.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving a review! We are so glad to hear about your experience with Yext. We will pass on your feedback to our team.

David

Poor Experience All Around - Please Avoid

Reviewed on 2022/12/02

When finally attempting to use the software it was unbelievably difficult, not applicable to our needs, and frustratingly unusable. Our first call with support was a joke. The support representative said, to "perform some functions" we had to go up to the URL and remove some text. I couldn't believe my ears. We quickly learned as an "agency" we could not connect GMB (GBP) of our clients to Yext because we were not the "administrators" of the accounts. This was a deal breaker. And, if we're able to get admin access there was a very specific process to connect with Yext, including "emailing their support team" before it could happen. We are currently using (2) competitors to Yext and this step is not required. In an attempt to fix the situation, Yext set up 2 meetings with us, which they canceled both at the last second. I have documentation and witnesses for all of this. I wanted to resolve the situation directly with Yext but their support after the sale has been a painful and poor experience. I am here to hopefully help anyone else to avoid this nightmare. I did an evaluation of 8 competitors in the space, and am frustrated that I got chose the wrong platform; as they will not refund our money. We have not used the platform at all, and are such a small business this hurts.

Pros

I was very excited at first. The sales process was very smooth and the demo they showed was impressive. I also really like the Hitchhiker's idea for education and support. I was very excited, they have an impressive sales team, but unfortunately, that was the end of it.

Cons

-- Onboarding was all over the place. How we had to use the software was laughable. -- Interface (UX/UI) was anything but intuitive. -- Queries were extremely difficult to run without memorizing multiple steps and impossible to train staff on. -- Integration with GBP didn't exist, definitely not a Google Partner.

Adam
Adam

Manages our client's listings and notifies us of reviews.

Reviewed on 2017/08/15

Yext manages our listings for all of our clients. It also monitors for any reviews and sends an email notification when our clients get one.

Pros

The system is very easy to use and automates a very labor intensive process. Yext is a significant portion of our local SEO and citation building/management strategy.

The system is as easy as can be. You fill in the blanks, upload the pictures, connect the accounts, and hit submit. It is that easy.

Yext will also monitor for duplicate listings. It would provide a side by side view of the listing it created and the potential duplicate. That way you can decide what to do with it. And if you want the listing suppressed, you ask Yext to do so.

Cons

Cost is the biggest factor. It is honestly perfectly priced. Because if it was any higher in cost, I wouldn't get it. But it is just cheap enough for us to keep it. I just don't feel like it is a 'great' value.

There are a number of features we just don't use. Like the analytics. But that might just be because we are an agency and pay to have higher quality analytics than what comes with Yext.

One big gripe is the integration with Google My Business. We were using Yext before they added that functionality. The problem was that Yext overrode the business categories and caused some local maps issues. Once we figured out that you can override that function, we got it taken care of. But it took us awhile to figure that out. So the con here is that you have to know about that override feature or you can screw up your listings.

Response from Yext

Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate your feedback and will convey it to our team!

Yext for your Directories.

Reviewed on 2021/08/05

Overall we have to use Yext because it seems like they have a monopoly on directory listing software. It has been an okay experience but not great.

Pros

This is a widely used and fairly easy to use software that allows us to manage listings for hundreds of clients. They also allow us to integrate their software with ours.

Cons

It can be very buggy at times. Sometimes things will connect and sometimes things will not connect.

Response from Yext

Thank you for your review! Managing listings for hundreds of businesses is a tall order. We want to ensure Yext continues to be the best and most powerful tool in this space. We'd love to connect with you to discuss your account and any opportunities to optimize your Knowledge Graph and ensure your clients' Listings are live. Please reach out to us at help.yext.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Thanks again for your review and for being a valued Yext Partner.

Kevin
Kevin
  • Used for 1-5 months

Super Simple to use but you can find better options out there

Reviewed on 2018/11/24

Overall, I was disappointed to say the least. They did NOT deliver what they promised. In fact, there were things the sales rep flat out lied about.

Pros

For someone brand new to citations & business listings, this is a great program...As long as you keep paying for it.

Cons

They claim to keep all of your information current and up to date across your website, social media channels, & 100's of business directories while also suppressing and getting rid of duplicate listings & inaccurate listing information, and they do (kind of).

First off, it takes their "Knowledge Manager" an abnormally long time to update all of your owned channels (website, social pages, etc...) & only does so in chunks arbitrarily. This makes it tough for search engines to know what info to show as valid in search.

Secondly, they claim that they eliminate duplicate content. This is a flat-out mistruth. They do not eliminate it, they mask it or hide it behind a 302 redirect tag which will work fine for as long as you keep paying your subscription. However, the moment you decide to terminate your contract with Yext they remove those 302 redirect tags and all that "eliminated" duplicate listings content surfaces and plays havoc on your search engine rankings

Response from Yext

We strive serve you with the highest quality products. Thank you for the positive things you shared about Yext. I also apologize for the confusion on the how our product works.

When you update your digital knowledge in the Yext Knowledge Manager we supply it to publishers immediately through direct API connections. Most will update in real time. When it doesn't, they determine the speed that it updates but it is available to them the moment you submit them.

Our duplicate suppression tool suppresses inaccurate listing data by deactivating the duplicate listings. We do not claim to eliminate them. You can learn more here: https://www.yext.com/resources/yext-knowledge-center/duplicate-suppression/

When you cancel your subscription, Yext no longer sends your digital knowledge to the sites in the Yext Knowledge Network. Afterwards, your info becomes subject to the normal data compilation process of each publisher, which may result in your data and content changing over time.

Zev

Best Directory Management Software on The Market

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Pros

Being able to manage 60 plus local directories from what one dashboard. I also liked the intelligent search feature as well as knowledge tags. They also create listings for Amazon Alexa, Waze, and Apple Maps.

Cons

Does a great job getting the lion's share of false or duplicate listings but occasionally will miss some listings if there are more than 3 errors in the listing. Updates to Yahoo! & Bing can take a lot longer to populate compared to the rest of the listings in the network

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Zev. We appreciate your feedback and love having you as a customer!

Maria
Maria
  • Industry: Insurance

Great advertising tool

Reviewed on 2019/03/06

Our company has used them for our website and we love yext we have seen in increase in sales for using yext.

Pros

Our company using Yext for our advertising and so far we love it.

Cons

I can't complain it actually reminds you if you need to work on you profile with them. So whats to dislike??

Response from Yext

Thanks so much for leaving your review, Maria. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to have you as a longstanding client!

Yext is great for handling our Placement tool!

Reviewed on 2020/08/11

Overall Yext is great and super efficient with handling our clients listings!

Overall Yext is great and super efficient with handling our clients listings!

Pros

We use Yext to help manage the listings of our clients and so far so good! They are super responsive and I love how everything is updated pretty quickly when you submit or if you have a question

Cons

The only thing that is a little confusing is the Review status and Cancelled status. If they are under review, it doesn't really give an indication of whether there is an issue or not and if a clients listing is cancelled, it doesn't really give you a reason as to why. You have to either resubmit it or ask Yext to clarify. Also, they do not do internal transfers if a client switches to our company- you have to cancel them out with the first company and then submit a new listing with Yext

Response from Yext

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear you're getting exactly what you need out of Listings. We want to make sure we clear up any questions you have about Reviews. Just reach out to [email protected] and our wonderful Support team will take care of it. Thanks again for the review!

• Used for 2+ years

Listings aren't permanent :(

Reviewed on 2019/09/08

Overall, Yext is great with an active subscription. Once cancelled, basically starting from ground zero w/ the previous directories.

Pros

I love how many directories are associated w/ Yext. When the subscription is live, this boosts SEO tremendously.

Cons

I do not like the fact that once you cancel Yext, all of the previous directory listings . I get it, but I just don't like it.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review. We appreciate your feedback. To clarify, once a business cancels with Yext, Yext no longer sends the brand data to the sites in our network. Afterwards, this business information becomes subject to the normal data compilation process of each publisher, which may result in the data and content changing over time.

Rich

Auto renewal and customer service

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

Poor customer service, especially during the Covid period.

Poor customer service, especially during the Covid period.

Pros

Listing management was very good. Review monitoring also very good. However, their customer service is poor.

Cons

I had been a customer since 2018 with all my customers using the service. I was automatically renewed in late February. I reached out to my rep to discuss and he never responded. I just concluded a three month communication with Yext's ticket system and they will not cancel my auto renewal as they claim i had inform them 30 days before renewal. Had a rep contacted me i would have. These are touch times. All my agency's clients are closed. I had cancelled each individual client account with Yext. I offered to pay one month as a compromise but they will not accept. I just told them to terminate my account completely and will never work with them again. I assume i will see them in court. What a poor way to treat a customer. There are plenty of other services out there.

Response from Yext

Hi Rich, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We apologize for the experience you had with the team. We strive to give our clients advanced notice of their account renewal and are working on ways to improve the process. We'd love to get in touch to hear more about your experience. We'll reach out to you directly but you can always reach us at [email protected].

Courtney
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Knowledge Base simplifies listings

Reviewed on 2021/08/25

Yext solves the problem of having updated accurate information about our stores in front of guests no matter where they are looking on the internet.

Pros

Having a single "source of truth" knowledge base that is pushed to many sites and search engines along with hosted store pages with schema markup have increased search engine results and organic traffic. The API has allowed multiple integrations, making this a good hub for all our store data.

Cons

The social posting tools aren't completely robust--can't boost posts through the platform or have videos natively play. It also takes a long time for them to complete design change requests on pages--you have to design everything and then have them try to copy it.

Response from Yext

Thank you so much, Courtney! Between Listings, Pages, and leveraging the API, it really sounds like you're a Yextpert! Your feedback is important to us, so you can always reach out to your support team if you have questions or want to discuss the product. Thanks again for the review!

Angela

Yext for Local SEO

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Yext has been such a valuable tool for my team. We have used other tools in the past such as MozLocal and BrightLocal and Yext has been superior for us. Yext is constantly innovating and coming out with more helpful tools for us to utilize with them. Our Yext representatives have been an amazing support system for us as well.

Pros

Lots of great new things about Yext: Google my business integrations, constantly adding new directories, knowledge tags, and analytics capabilities

Cons

There have been a few glitches but Yext has always been able to correct the issue in a timely manner.

Response from Yext

Angela, we appreciate you taking the team to leave a review and love to hear that our products and services have been valuable for your team!

Jacob

A leader in listings management

Reviewed on 2023/01/17

It was a good experience. They do what they do well and it does work for businesses. My only hiccup was the differences in prices from one entity to another, but they still have good affordable prices. I would recommend to using them for Listings management.

Pros

The ability to get information across directories. Yext seems to reach more directories than other companies in this industry.

Cons

Prices are not consistent. I worked for an agency that used them and then moved on to do marketing for a business and the prices offered were not the same they offer to agencies. Also, the rep gave me multiple prices over our talks as if it was negotiable.

Response from Yext

Thank you for your review, Jacob! As the leader in Listings, we appreciate hearing your feedback. The Yext platform has grown immensely over the last few years and so have our offerings. If there is anything we can clarify in that regard, please reach out to your Client Success Manager. We want to ensure you're getting the most out of our services. Thanks again for your review.

Lauren

Great tool for managing digital knowledge as part of local search optimization

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

We've helped our clients become more visible in local search results by ensuring information accuracy and consistency across the internet as a result of using Yext.

Pros

Super easy to use. Accounts on many external platforms can be easily integrated into Yext, which helps ensure information is always consistent and saves time.

Cons

The interface can feel clunky in certain areas, though not as much in others.

Response from Yext

We appreciate the feedback, Lauren. We're happy to hear that you're satisfied with our service and that it's helped your clients become much more visible in search.

Allison
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Feedback was requested

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Pros

The ease in being able to connect Yext to a third party platform API so we can streamline our NAP and hour information directly into the platform. We also utilize the bulk uploads for things like Facebook Covers often which saves a lot of time.

Cons

I really like my Yext team, but sometimes I dread the monthly calls because they turn too sales focused. We're happy with the services we're currently aligned with, and it's great to be kept in the know of new features, but it can get a little much at times.

Response from Yext

Thank you for the candid feedback, Allison. We're happy to hear you're saving time and finding efficiencies using our products. We appreciate the feedback around your monthly team calls and will pass it along.

Frank

Great Option for Local SEO

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Yext has been great with customer support and caring about my needs. The sales team has been very helpful whenever I have a question.

Pros

The network and easy to use system helps me allow clients to be found locally instead of having to register with 70+ sites.

Cons

I would like an easier to export a set of analytics with all the key metrics to be easily shown. I can see much more on the back end but lose the interactivity when I export to PDF.

Response from Yext

Thank you for your review, Frank. We're happy to hear that the support team has been helpful and that you've found efficiencies for your business with our products and services. We appreciate the feedback on our analytic reporting and will make sure our product team is aware of this. Thank you again.

Simple Tool for Local SEO

Reviewed on 2021/08/28

Pros

Yext makes local SEO easier by allowing agencies to manage multiple listings for businesses and individuals. Editing these listings across a wide range of networks and publishers can be done all within the platform and easily.

Cons

The platform can be difficult to learn when first setting up. The UI makes things difficult to find sometimes, as there are many features within the tool itself. Knowing what features are called and under which menu to find things can also be a bit difficult at first.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving a review! We're here for you and we're glad you can depend on us. Changes are coming faster than ever so we're happy that we keep your listings updated quickly and easily! Our support team is always here for assistance, so please reach out if you ever need any guidance. Additionally, we always recommend taking advantage of our HitchHikers program (totally free!) which can help you learn all of the ins and outs of Yext so you can become a true Yextpert!

Anne
Anne
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Great way to distribute information to multiple sources

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

Pros

Using the Yext API, we were able to connect our website CMS - which controls our hours - with Yext. Thus each time our hours are updated, all search engines and social media sites are updated simultaneously. Real timesaver and ensures accuracy!

Cons

It would be great if we could add the update of Twitter cover photos as well.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Anne. So happy to hear that our products have helped your business save time. We will pass along your feedback on adding Twitter cover photos to our product team. Thank you again!

Get listed in all the major directories with a few key strokes

Reviewed on 2018/04/04

Simple directory submission software.

Simple directory submission software.

Pros

Yext offers a simple process for submitting directory listings, cleaning up listings, and updating listings.

Cons

Fairly expensive to use Yext services, you lose access to your listings if you decide to leave, but they do offer a generous reseller program for agencies.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving a review! We're happy to hear that Yext has been easy to use.

To clarify, cancelling your Yext subscription does not overwrite the updates you have already made through Yext, and Yext will not force your listings to revert. When you cancel your subscription, Yext no longer sends your digital knowledge to the sites in the PowerListings® Network. Afterwards, your digital knowledge becomes subject to the normal data compilation process of each publisher, which may result in your data and content changing over time.

We appreciate your feedback and will share with the team. If you have any questions, please email [email protected].

Amber
Amber

Easy to Consolidate Your Listings, A Bit Expensive To Do So

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Overall, our marketing agency puts all of our local clients on YEXT. It's an easy way to consolidate all your business listings in one place and manage them accordingly!

Pros

As a marketing agency, we have a ton of clients that need a listings management service like YEXT. YEXT can help you consolidate all your listings in one place and when your business switches addresses, YEXT is a lifesaver. Their duplicate suppression is also key to doing this job well!

Cons

We do have a bulk package which makes YEXT a little cheaper, but if I were a business just getting YEXT on its own, there are cheaper options. You should also look at all the listings they can create - Not all of them are applicable to every business and every industry, but they do have a good selection overall.

Response from Yext

Hi Amber, we really appreciate your honest feedback and are glad to hear about your positive experience with Yext!

Caitlyn

Love these numbers

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Pros

I love using Yext analytics and sending them to my customers. I find that all of their analytics are not data that are found on a lot of other websites. My customers always appreciate the analytics reports I send them.

Cons

I have had zero issues with Yext. You have to make sure you are set up correctly for them to collect the data, but that is user error and not their fault.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving a review! We're happy to hear that Yext Analtyics has been insightful and beneficial to your customers. Yext Analytics strives to bring customer interactions into focus everywhere they occur. If you have additional feedback or have questions, please email [email protected].

Brandon
Brandon

Take care of all your social media account at the same time!

Reviewed on 2018/03/10

Pros

I love that all our Social Media accounts can be taken care of in one program. I don't have to go to each account to see reviews, stats, and reply to my customers.

Cons

Honestly, and this may be a little petty, but the program is simply boring. It could use a little more color and life.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving a review! We're so glad to hear that Yext has helped you manage your social media accounts. We will share all feedback with our Product Team!

Katie
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Yext - Worth It.

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

Pros

Yext is incredibly simple to use. Literally just add your locations and manage the basic NAP information directly from one platform. Nice to be able to suppress outdated and incorrect info. It's kind of like the mafia - while you may not want to pay for a service like this, the alternative is having bad info impact your business. So just do it.

Cons

Yext seems to be getting a bit big for it's britches - I respect the listings aspects, but they're branching too deep into analytics. Like they're having an identity crisis (great at listings, but wanting to be a Google Analytics, etc.) Recommend they stick to what they do well!

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Katie. We're happy to hear that our software has helped your business!

A great way to push updates to my business listings

Reviewed on 2018/03/29

Pros

I like being able to push out updated hours, photos, or statuses to all of the social media pages that I use for my business

Cons

I would like to be able to do multiple locations at the same time for the updates instead of one store at a time

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving a review. We're glad to hear that Yext has been helpful in helping you to push updates to your business listings. Our Support Team would be happy to work with you in managing multiple locations. Please email [email protected], and a Yext representative will be able to assist you.