Yext Reviews

Yext

SEO optimized local pages, locators & mobile screens

4.4/5 (74 reviews)

Great for Agencies who Create and Manage Citations

Reviewed on 5/8/2019

Overall my experience with Yext has been excellent. It does everything it claims to do and customer service is always quick and helpful.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it makes updating client information across listings fast and easy. Before Yext, our agency used to spend a lot of time updating hours, uploading photos, etc..now it can be done in a fraction of the time.

I also love that Yext allows us to quickly add schema to a website that auto-updates when business information changes.

Cons

I least like that the integrations with Google My Business and Facebook must be set up separately. This sometimes gets overlooked by my staff or if we have trouble gaining access from a client, it will never get done.

It would also be nice if social posting could be pushed to more than just Google My Business..for example Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. That could allow us to replace other software with Yext.

One thing that would be nice is if Yext salespeople were able to help us better monitize the software as an agency. I've done a few meetings and phonecalls to try to come up with better ways to use and sell the software to clients, but they always turn into the Yext sales person trying to get us to commit more money to Yext. I'd love to get some ideas on how other agency partners are using Yext for their clients and selling the software/service with their service packages.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Madeleine. We appreciate the feedback and will share it with our team.

Daily user

Reviewed on 2/22/2019

Overall experience has been positive. Not very easy to see an overall effect of the citations and services.

Pros

The tracking of services for locations and the locations themselves are easily trackable. Eliminating and suppressing duplicate citations and incorrect publisher suggestions is absolutely easier than tracking any other way.

Cons

Support can take some time to provide answers. For the most part, this hasn't been a huge issue, but at times it was. This is not intuitive software and takes some time to get familiar with enough for basic use. Another big negative is that if we were ever to stop using Yext, the citations we purchased through Yext will be "unlocked" and basically lost. This seems like poor business in that you pay for an item so you expect to be able to keep that item unless you decide to sell the item.

Response from Yext

Charles, we appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you've had an overall positive experience with our products and services. We appreciate your feedback regarding our support team and will pass it along to them.

In regards to your comment about stopping use of our service, when a client cancels, Yext no longer sends the business's information to the sites in the Knowledge Network. This information then becomes subject to the normal data compilation process of each publisher, which may result in the data and content changing over time.

Easy way for a small business to ensure business listing sites have consistent information

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 9/20/2017

Ensure correct and consistent listings across all the myriad business listing sites at one time and on one site.

Pros

EASY!!!: I have used Yext for 3 years for our small law office to make sure we have good, consistent listings across all the proliferation of business listing sites. If you have a web presence for your business, you likely know how important it is to have your business name, address, and phone number appear the same on all these sites to ensure Google correctly recognizes the business. But if your business is more than a few years old, it likely has many variations on all the listing sites. Going to each individual site and claiming the business, correcting the info, and completing the listing would be a full-time job. Yext gives business owners an easy, one-stop spot to fix many listings at once.
Features: Correct business info, tell what the business sells or does, add specials, add photos, manage social media, manage reviews, for many business listing sites, all in one place.

Cons

Social media management: I don't particularly like or use the social media management features. I find them too rudimentary for what we need.
Yext is a bit pricey.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving a review! We are so glad to hear about your experience with Yext. We will pass on your feedback to our team.

Manages our client's listings and notifies us of reviews.

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 8/15/2017

Yext manages our listings for all of our clients. It also monitors for any reviews and sends an email notification when our clients get one.

Pros

The system is very easy to use and automates a very labor intensive process. Yext is a significant portion of our local SEO and citation building/management strategy.

The system is as easy as can be. You fill in the blanks, upload the pictures, connect the accounts, and hit submit. It is that easy.

Yext will also monitor for duplicate listings. It would provide a side by side view of the listing it created and the potential duplicate. That way you can decide what to do with it. And if you want the listing suppressed, you ask Yext to do so.

Cons

Cost is the biggest factor. It is honestly perfectly priced. Because if it was any higher in cost, I wouldn't get it. But it is just cheap enough for us to keep it. I just don't feel like it is a 'great' value.

There are a number of features we just don't use. Like the analytics. But that might just be because we are an agency and pay to have higher quality analytics than what comes with Yext.

One big gripe is the integration with Google My Business. We were using Yext before they added that functionality. The problem was that Yext overrode the business categories and caused some local maps issues. Once we figured out that you can override that function, we got it taken care of. But it took us awhile to figure that out. So the con here is that you have to know about that override feature or you can screw up your listings.

Response from Yext

Thank you for writing a review. We appreciate your feedback and will convey it to our team!

TOP NOTCH

Reviewed on 4/9/2019

Our experience with Yext has been amazing. Our company had an existing subscription that I took over, so in any other instance I would have been out of luck with training. But our representative was able to walk me through where to find anything and everything I could ever need.

Pros

Customer Service with Yext is TOP NOTCH. Our rep is there to answer questions before I even have the chance to finish thinking of them. There are ample training modules to walk you through exactly what you need. Everything is highly customizable as well, so it's perfect for listing different types of businesses. The analytics are incredibly helpful to show what's working and what's not. I also love that I'm able to reply to any reviews as soon as they're given.

Cons

Because of all of the options and customization, it can be overwhelming. Everything is intricate, which is great, but there's no "let me create this real quick." Changes can be made quickly though.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Hayley! We're so happy to hear about your positive experience with Yext and our services, and are glad to have you as a customer. We'll be sure to pass your kind words along to your rep!

Great Value for the price

Reviewed on 4/24/2019

Pros

I have locations that are constantly updating their hours and I can update one platform instead of having to log into multiple platforms. The analytic data is robust and we use it for our monthly reporting.

Cons

Several glitches and bugs when new features are rolled out. If an API breaks or has issues, users are not alerted or have a place to check for issues.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Jason. We're glad that you find great value in our products and services, and that you've saved time updating your data with our platform. We appreciate your feedback around new product roll outs and notifications and will pass that on to our team.

I used Yext for over a year and it was a great tool for getting client store information published.

Reviewed on 1/31/2018

We published all client information to the web using Yext for over a year.

Pros

Great customer service, great and easy to use software that quickly and effectively gets client information published on the web.

Cons

Is not consistent and you are held hostage to paying the monthly fee. Once you stop paying all the work you have put into making sure all client information is published is gone.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate the feedback. In regards to a cancelled subscription, Yext does not hold your data hostage. Cancelling your Yext subscription does not overwrite the updates you have already made through Yext, and Yext will not force your listings to revert.

When you cancel your subscription, Yext no longer sends your digital knowledge to the sites in the PowerListings® Network. Afterwards, your digital knowledge becomes subject to the normal data compilation process of each publisher, which may result in your data and content changing over time. Please email [email protected] with additional questions.

3.0/10

The Single Best Tool for Listings

Reviewed on 4/2/2019

Outstanding and I've recommended it to clients time and time again!

Pros

Set it and Forget it. With Yext, you input your listing and confirm via authenticating factors and in just days you see the direct impact. Organic results improve, SEO improves, Adwords quality improves...you name it!

The second best part is ease of use. Once your listing is within YEXT, they work to address over 100 listing entities online, building search equity for your site within Google and other platforms to assure that your listing is in fact REAL, ACCURATE, and RELIABLE.

Cons

Would be nice if there was a master feature for advertisers to be able to list multiple entities under one account login and separate payment methods. This could also increase the number of subscriptions to YEXT!

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Cody. We're happy to hear that you find our products easy to use and that you're seeing great results.

Good Software

Reviewed on 4/24/2019

My overall experience with Yext has been really good. The account managers are very helpful and Yext support always gets back to me quickly with issues and questions.

Pros

I like the ease to set up accounts as well as the feature to suppress duplicate listings and keep track of featured messages.

Cons

Not too happy with the basic reporting system.

Response from Yext

Thank you for your review. We will pass your feedback on the reporting to our team. If you have any additional feedback, we'd welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please contact us directly at [email protected]

Yext for Local SEO

Reviewed on 4/24/2019

Yext has been such a valuable tool for my team. We have used other tools in the past such as MozLocal and BrightLocal and Yext has been superior for us. Yext is constantly innovating and coming out with more helpful tools for us to utilize with them. Our Yext representatives have been an amazing support system for us as well.

Pros

Lots of great new things about Yext: Google my business integrations, constantly adding new directories, knowledge tags, and analytics capabilities

Cons

There have been a few glitches but Yext has always been able to correct the issue in a timely manner.

Response from Yext

Angela, we appreciate you taking the team to leave a review and love to hear that our products and services have been valuable for your team!

Yext for Listings

Reviewed on 4/16/2019

Pros

Keeps all of your local citation sites all in order with correct information

Cons

If you stop paying for the service, the listings all go away

Response from Yext

Thanks so much for leaving your review, Anthony. We appreciate your insight and are so happy to see that you're satisfied with our services. To clarify, when cancelling your Yext subscription, Yext no longer sends your data to the sites in our network. Afterwards, your information becomes subject to the normal data compilation process of each publisher, which may result in your data and content changing over time.

A Strong Product Offering that Puts Our Customers First

Reviewed on 5/1/2019

Yext allows us to double down on the marketing efforts we provide our customers on a daily basis, it seamlessly and easily allows us to protect, update and promote our customer's desired brands.

Pros

Ease of use within the platform makes for quick and easy customer additions and updates.

Cons

The load/render times of the platform can at times be rather slow, but the impact is minimal.

Response from Yext

Thank you so much for the kind words. We appreciate your business and your review.

Valuable Location Management Tool

Reviewed on 4/23/2019

I've had a great overall experience with yext. When I have questions my rep answers in a timely manner.

Pros

I run google pages/online listings for close to 200 clinics across the United States and Yext makes managing minor changes very easy. We've also seen great results in how are listings are doing from an SEO standpoint.

Cons

The analytic reporting was slightly delayed at first but they fixed that!

Response from Yext

Thank you for your review, Nicole. We love to hear that you're seeing results and that your rep has been a great partner. If you have any additional feedback to share, you can reach out to [email protected]

Great advertising tool

Reviewed on 3/6/2019

Our company has used them for our website and we love yext we have seen in increase in sales for using yext.

Pros

Our company using Yext for our advertising and so far we love it.

Cons

I can't complain it actually reminds you if you need to work on you profile with them. So whats to dislike??

Response from Yext

Thanks so much for leaving your review, Maria. We appreciate your kind words and are happy to have you as a longstanding client!

Yext made our lives easier

Reviewed on 5/9/2019

Pros

I liked how easy it was to implement. Our team manages the online listings for over 300 small businesses.

Cons

I wish it worked with more directories.

Response from Yext

Thanks for your review, Morgan. Love to hear that we make your lives easier (that's what we're here for). If you have any additional feedback on which directories you'd like to see us work with specifically please shoot an email to [email protected]

Great tool for managing digital knowledge as part of local search optimization

Reviewed on 4/23/2019

We've helped our clients become more visible in local search results by ensuring information accuracy and consistency across the internet as a result of using Yext.

Pros

Super easy to use. Accounts on many external platforms can be easily integrated into Yext, which helps ensure information is always consistent and saves time.

Cons

The interface can feel clunky in certain areas, though not as much in others.

Response from Yext

We appreciate the feedback, Lauren. We're happy to hear that you're satisfied with our service and that it's helped your clients become much more visible in search.

Great Local SEO SAAS

Reviewed on 4/23/2019

Pros

This software has a clean UI that let's the user know the status of every listing for every location.

Cons

Yext is priced signifantly higher than other tools in a similar space. However, we are happy with the value for the pricing structure.

Response from Yext

Thank you for the review, Meghan. We appreciate your kind words and happy to have B2 Interactive on board as a client!

Essential Local Listings Tool

Reviewed on 4/29/2019

Pros

This is an essential tool we use for the majority of our clients. Great for keeping business information consistent across the myriad of online listings.

Cons

No real cons to speak of beyond a couple of technical errors, which were quickly resolved by Yext support.

Response from Yext

Thanks for the kind words, Kyle. Great to have MAN Marketing on board as a client!

Feedback was requested

Reviewed on 4/24/2019

Pros

The ease in being able to connect Yext to a third party platform API so we can streamline our NAP and hour information directly into the platform. We also utilize the bulk uploads for things like Facebook Covers often which saves a lot of time.

Cons

I really like my Yext team, but sometimes I dread the monthly calls because they turn too sales focused. We're happy with the services we're currently aligned with, and it's great to be kept in the know of new features, but it can get a little much at times.

Response from Yext

Thank you for the candid feedback, Allison. We're happy to hear you're saving time and finding efficiencies using our products. We appreciate the feedback around your monthly team calls and will pass it along.

Perfect for Marketing Companies

Reviewed on 8/14/2018

Pros

When you work for a company that has hundreds and hundreds of clients, it's difficult to manage dozens of directory listing. Yext makes it a lot easier to do so. Whether they're minor updates or changes that need to be made.

Cons

Sometimes certain features disconnect if it's integrated into your own platforms.

Supporting our locations

Reviewed on 5/1/2019

Have really enjoyed working with all the Yext staff. The product fits what we need for listings, reviews and promoting our bank.

Pros

Ease of updating data on a single platform that pushes out to numerous listings in one update.

Cons

We have encountered some bugs in the system that needed to be addressed. This slowed the process of getting some items completed as quickly as we would of liked. The Yext support team has been helpful in resolving the issues.

Response from Yext

Thank you for the helpful feedback, Ben. We're glad to hear that our Support team has been quick to resolve the issues your encountered, and that our products and services have been helpful in promoting Capital City Bank to your customers.

Yext for Local Listings Management

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 4/23/2019

We are using Yext to manage all of our local listings and are working to make them our system of record. Our websites and apps now use their APIs to access location data, eliminating the need to update changes in multiple places. This has been a huge help for keeping listings accurate.

Pros

Easy to use and learn. We are able to add, update and delete data for all of our local listings very easily. Additionally, the reporting and analytics are great.

Cons

The only negative has been that some of the additional packages are pricey in consideration of what we are already paying. The base listings and analytics packages are worth the money - scaling additional packages sometimes seems expensive.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Jeff. We appreciate your feedback on the pricing and will pass it along to our team. We're happy to hear that you enjoy working with us and look forward to being your official system of record.

Great Option for Local SEO

Reviewed on 4/24/2019

Yext has been great with customer support and caring about my needs. The sales team has been very helpful whenever I have a question.

Pros

The network and easy to use system helps me allow clients to be found locally instead of having to register with 70+ sites.

Cons

I would like an easier to export a set of analytics with all the key metrics to be easily shown. I can see much more on the back end but lose the interactivity when I export to PDF.

Response from Yext

Thank you for your review, Frank. We're happy to hear that the support team has been helpful and that you've found efficiencies for your business with our products and services. We appreciate the feedback on our analytic reporting and will make sure our product team is aware of this. Thank you again.

We Love Yext

Reviewed on 4/23/2019

Yext has allowed our local businesses to appear higher in search due to the ability to add so much information to the platform including business hours, descriptions, holiday hours, featured messages, etc. We love the platform because it is easy to use and does not require daily monitoring.

Pros

Yext has made it extremely easy for our franchise owners to update their business information on a single platform. This not only allows the correct information to appear on various sites, it also allows our franchise owners to update their information as needed. It's very simple and efficient.

Cons

The interface, I believe, could be easier on the eyes. However, I do enjoy the system as is.

Response from Yext

Thank you so much for your review, Jessica. We're happy to hear that our services have helped your franchise owners become more efficient!

Just say Yext!

Reviewed on 4/23/2019

Pros

Yext offers an amazing product for managing your business location listings, review generation and website location page and schema markup!

Cons

Not much not to like... Yext is constantly addressing business needs ahead of the curve.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Paul!