Showing 110 reviews of 98

Yext

SEO optimized local pages, locators & mobile screens

Showing 110 reviews of 98
Rich H.

Auto renewal and customer service

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

Poor customer service, especially during the Covid period.

Pros

Listing management was very good. Review monitoring also very good. However, their customer service is poor.

Cons

I had been a customer since 2018 with all my customers using the service. I was automatically renewed in late February. I reached out to my rep to discuss and he never responded. I just concluded a three month communication with Yext's ticket system and they will not cancel my auto renewal as they claim i had inform them 30 days before renewal. Had a rep contacted me i would have. These are touch times. All my agency's clients are closed. I had cancelled each individual client account with Yext. I offered to pay one month as a compromise but they will not accept. I just told them to terminate my account completely and will never work with them again. I assume i will see them in court. What a poor way to treat a customer. There are plenty of other services out there.

Response from Yext

Hi Rich, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We apologize for the experience you had with the team. We strive to give our clients advanced notice of their account renewal and are working on ways to improve the process. We'd love to get in touch to hear more about your experience. We'll reach out to you directly but you can always reach us at [email protected]

Roger W.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great Starter Platform

Reviewed on 2020/07/31

I've used Yext for over a decade with both for-profit and nonprofit businesses. I think of it as the great teacher and a perfect first step for small businesses.

Pros

The thing I like most about Yext is the hands-on nature of the platform. Using Yext really helps you know and understand your own brand and business. I love the instantaneous nature of listings updates across a large number of publishers. Lastly, I am a huge fan of Yext's update scheduling feature.

A key hassle-remover for me that Yext takes care of is listings update to Foursquare. As Foursquare for Business becomes harder and harder to use due to bugs and lack of UX updates (seemingly no updates for more than 5 years now), I've come to depend on the above-mentioned instantaneous nature of Yext listing updates on Foursquare. I often can't use Foursquare directly because of their bugs, so Yext fills a very specific vacuum there.

Cons

As far as listings go, the think I like least about Yext is that it's not intuitive enough to understand which publishers they work with don't support a particular industry. The platform is old enough to have that baked into it and automatically eliminate those publishers from the mix.

Another thing that has always perplexed me about Yext is that it doesn't seem to actually do much in the ay of data analytics besides grab readily available information from Google. Aside from having Google data inside the Yext platform, that's not much of a feature.

As far as reputation management is concerned, Yext doesn't play well with the way our company uses Yelp, and as a restaurant chain, that's not really helpful.

Madison P.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great, simple to use software with cool features

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

My overall experience was good, but like I said, the cost was was irked me.

Pros

I liked most how user-friendly the software was, and how well it worked.

Cons

The price. It is definitely pretty expensive when you compare it to other similar softwares on the market.

Response from Yext

Hi Madison, thanks so much for the review! We want to make sure you're getting the most out of our partnership. Our client support team and your account team are always available to help you. You can reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any questions about our platform and how to optimize your account and services. We really appreciate your feedback.

Amber C.

Easy to Consolidate Your Listings, A Bit Expensive To Do So

Reviewed on 2019/10/16

Overall, our marketing agency puts all of our local clients on YEXT. It's an easy way to consolidate all your business listings in one place and manage them accordingly!

Pros

As a marketing agency, we have a ton of clients that need a listings management service like YEXT. YEXT can help you consolidate all your listings in one place and when your business switches addresses, YEXT is a lifesaver. Their duplicate suppression is also key to doing this job well!

Cons

We do have a bulk package which makes YEXT a little cheaper, but if I were a business just getting YEXT on its own, there are cheaper options. You should also look at all the listings they can create - Not all of them are applicable to every business and every industry, but they do have a good selection overall.

Response from Yext

Hi Amber, we really appreciate your honest feedback and are glad to hear about your positive experience with Yext!

Zev S.

Best Directory Management Software on The Market

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

Pros

Being able to manage 60 plus local directories from what one dashboard. I also liked the intelligent search feature as well as knowledge tags. They also create listings for Amazon Alexa, Waze, and Apple Maps.

Cons

Does a great job getting the lion's share of false or duplicate listings but occasionally will miss some listings if there are more than 3 errors in the listing. Updates to Yahoo! & Bing can take a lot longer to populate compared to the rest of the listings in the network

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review, Zev. We appreciate your feedback and love having you as a customer!

Great software to use

Reviewed on 2019/11/10

It has been nothing but positive working with yext for me

Pros

This software is wonderful we use this daily at my job and yext is a service that will direct your business to 80 plus directories. We are able to go right into yext and update a address phone number website and it will automatically update it on the listings.

Cons

I do not feel like there are any cons this software actually helps me do my job better and it is a efficient way

Response from Yext

Thanks for your review, we appreciate the feedback! Glad to hear about your company's positive experience with our products.

Anthony Z.

Yext for Listings

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

Pros

Keeps all of your local citation sites all in order with correct information

Cons

If you stop paying for the service, the listings all go away

Response from Yext

Thanks so much for leaving your review, Anthony. We appreciate your insight and are so happy to see that you're satisfied with our services. To clarify, when cancelling your Yext subscription, Yext no longer sends your data to the sites in our network. Afterwards, your information becomes subject to the normal data compilation process of each publisher, which may result in your data and content changing over time.

Lauren R.

Great tool for managing digital knowledge as part of local search optimization

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

We've helped our clients become more visible in local search results by ensuring information accuracy and consistency across the internet as a result of using Yext.

Pros

Super easy to use. Accounts on many external platforms can be easily integrated into Yext, which helps ensure information is always consistent and saves time.

Cons

The interface can feel clunky in certain areas, though not as much in others.

Response from Yext

We appreciate the feedback, Lauren. We're happy to hear that you're satisfied with our service and that it's helped your clients become much more visible in search.

Ben B.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Supporting our locations

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Have really enjoyed working with all the Yext staff. The product fits what we need for listings, reviews and promoting our bank.

Pros

Ease of updating data on a single platform that pushes out to numerous listings in one update.

Cons

We have encountered some bugs in the system that needed to be addressed. This slowed the process of getting some items completed as quickly as we would of liked. The Yext support team has been helpful in resolving the issues.

Response from Yext

Thank you for the helpful feedback, Ben. We're glad to hear that our Support team has been quick to resolve the issues your encountered, and that our products and services have been helpful in promoting Capital City Bank to your customers.

Jared V.

Ensure people can find your business online

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

Pros

Lists your business on hundreds of sites instantaneously and ensures the information is accurate across all these different sites. Yext is a great tool to help people find your business online.

Cons

Responding to reviews on listings that were created by Text can be confusing, but other than that, there's not many bad things I can say about this software.

Response from Yext

Thank you for writing a review. We're glad to hear that Yext has made it easy to manage your business listings.

We value your feedback, and we'll pass it along to our team. If you have questions, you can check out our Help page (https://help.yext.com/hc/en-us) or email [email protected]

Jonathan K.

If You Want It, Take it!

Reviewed on 2019/04/18

Overall it has been a great experience! I like that Yext takes our feedback and implements it into their on going development.

Pros

Ease of use. The ability to update all connected directories at the same time.

Cons

The inability to send review requests that populate on Google, Yelp and Facebook.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your valuable feedback, Jonathan. We're glad to hear that you've had a great experience with our products and services. We appreciate the feedback around our reviews product and will share that with our product team.

We love Yext

Reviewed on 2019/05/26

Overall we will keep using Yext great product.

Pros

We love Yext so much, it has helped us take our client's online presence to a new level.

Cons

wished they had more training for their Partners.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review and for your feedback. We're happy to hear that our solutions have helped your clients find success.

Alyson S.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Streamlined Platform, easy to use, maximum time saver

Reviewed on 2018/05/16

Maximum efficiency in ensuring my business information is accurate across all listings online...super time saver, and covers sites we didn't know we were listed through.

Pros

Very easy to use, allows maximum efficiency to keep business information accurate and up-to-date, facilitating even the most minute of business changes(seasonal hours, menus, unexpected closures, etc.) across all major(and minor!) listings.

Cons

Review notifications are not instant--within 24 hours, but not instant. Though the menu widget is impressive--for business with service/food menus that are established in a different format(pdf., etc.) it would be nice to simply upload our existing files, rather than have to build it in the menu widget.

Response from Yext

Thank you for writing a review! We are glad that you have had such a great experience using Yext. Our team will continue working hard to make sure our platform exceeds expectations!

Vladimir D.

Perfect Local Citation Management Tool for Franchisee

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

We've been using Yext for our Enterprise SEO clients. Great local citation management tool.

Pros

The software is great and the Yext team always working on improvements. Support is awesome. You can easily manage the most important information for your listings: store hours/business descriptions and hundreds of other options.

Cons

Unfortunately, you can't just simply sign up through the website and start managing your listings while you need to go through the long contract process.

Brandon B.

Take care of all your social media account at the same time!

Reviewed on 2018/03/10

Pros

I love that all our Social Media accounts can be taken care of in one program. I don't have to go to each account to see reviews, stats, and reply to my customers.

Cons

Honestly, and this may be a little petty, but the program is simply boring. It could use a little more color and life.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving a review! We're so glad to hear that Yext has helped you manage your social media accounts. We will share all feedback with our Product Team!

Taylor J.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great Support, Fast Turn Around

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

Overall good experience and it fills the need that we are looking for. Hours update, new store openings and response review all are great products and heavily reduce manual work on our end.

Pros

Always a great experience working with the support staff as well as the account manager. Our requests and questions all get answered in a timely manner and new products and services are being shared with us.

Cons

Same day edits are sometimes slow. If we request an edit sometimes it takes 24-48 hrs to get a response when sometimes we are looking for an immediate response. The account manager sometimes fills the gap. Most questions we have to go through the support email rather than talking with our account manager.

Response from Yext

We appreciate your feedback, Taylor. We apologize for the slow response times and will pass that feedback along to our team. Information like this helps us to make improvements to our services and provide the best possible solutions for our clients. Thank you again!

Spring S.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great to use until you stop paying and they reverse the listings

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

When you pay you see benefits but once you stop paying and it's reversed you didn't get any value just a headache.

Pros

About five years ago they had a fantastic sales person who provided tons of support and made sure things were quickly resolved.

Cons

Once you stop paying for the service, listing are reversed. I had many conversations with support about this but they just wanted more money and continue paying to fix the issue.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving a review. Yext does not hold your data hostage. Cancelling your Yext subscription does not overwrite the updates you have already made through Yext, and Yext will not force your listings to revert.

When you cancel your subscription, Yext no longer sends your digital knowledge to the sites in the PowerListings® Network. Afterwards, your digital knowledge becomes subject to the normal data compilation process of each publisher, which may result in your data and content changing over time.

If you have additional questions, please email [email protected]

Josh J.

Right Idea Review for Yext

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Overall it's been a pretty good experience. I just wish we could show them how their map listing is improving since signing on with Yext.

Pros

I like the ease of use, customer support, and also the reporting where I can show them phone calls clicks and how many people clicked "get directions" on their Google map listing.

Cons

Not 100% Sure how it helps Google Map Listing Rankings. I would like a before and after update along the way.

Response from Yext

Thank you for the candid feedback, Josh. We're glad to hear that your overall experience with us has been helpful for your business. We will have someone on our team reach out to you to discuss the Google Map Listings.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great for managing multiple listings

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

Ease of managing, monitoring and reporting on multiple business locations' local listings, from Google, Yelp, Foursquare and more.

Pros

The ease of use to manage, monitor and report on multiple listings at once. Yext is great, especially if your company has multiple locations.

Cons

Doesn't have EVERY company listing integrated YET, and the analytics need to evolve a bit more. I wish the Yext analytics were integrated with Google Analytics.

Michael M.

Run, Don't Walk.

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Don't fall for the smooth sales guy. Their support is pathetic. They'll threaten to sue you and blah blah blah. Not sure if we are going to pay them or sue for breach.

Pros

I liked our sales person during the sale process because he knew how to talk up what they did really well.

Cons

It's clunky. It doesn't do what they say it does. Support is pretty much impossible. Our account has never done all they said it would - it wasn't even functioning for the first 45 days - no service credit for that. Then if you don't pay right when they want, they shut down usage and keep the clock ticking.

• Industry: Legal Services
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Seamless

Great.

Pros

The YEXT dashboard is very easy to navigate. I like how quick everything was published upon signing up with YEXT, and furthermore, the analytics is easy to read, export and analyze.

Cons

I think that the price is a bit high, however, the features you get on the the star-up plan are worth it.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving your review.

Luis M.

Easiest way to manage your listings

Reviewed on 2018/10/04

Overall experience has been positive , the tool works at advertise and it makes sure you have accurate representation online

Pros

Yext takes care of maintaining your listings accurate for customers to see

Cons

Yext will create listings for you if you are missing an important listing , but i will do it for every single platform

Response from Yext

Luis

Thanks for sharing your review and your thoughts. We appreciate you sharing your positive feelings around how the software helps you to manage your listings.

If you ever have any questions, please reach out for support.

Thank you!

Rev

Kyle W.

Not worth the expensive price tag

Reviewed on 2018/05/05

Pros

It's nice to have everything on one dashboard and be able to make changes at once, but you pay a really high premium to get that.

Cons

If you don't keep paying the monthly, then you lose access to all our citations. This is ridiculous.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate your feedback and we'll share with the team. We strive to make it easy for businesses to update their digital knowledge everywhere.

Manny C.

Don't waste your money!

Reviewed on 2017/07/21

Accurate business information in some directories.

Pros

Good integration with directory listings, but only a few of them are really important for your business.

Cons

They will show you a demo before start using the software, but they won't give you a trial period, and they will force you to sign a contract for one year without any cancellation policy.

Response from Yext

Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate your feedback and will share it with the team.

We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the software. We would like to clarify that we offer client training to new and existing customers. Our customer support team is always available to help your business optimize the software.

If you have additional feedback or would like to speak with a Yext representative, please email [email protected]

Easy way to synchronize location data

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

We use Yext to help our clients have unified information about their businesses online.

Pros

It's an extremely powerful tool for localized SEO if you know how to use it properly. So many clients have extremely messy and disjointed digital footprints.

Cons

Can't really say a whole lot of bad things about it. It is a tool that saves us time and money every day!