Qarrot Reviews

Qarrot

Cloud-based employee reward and recognition platform

4.5/5 (40 reviews)
Richard B.

Maybe it's me...

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/04/24

To reiterate, I know this doesn't really reflect on the designers and creators of Qarrot, so this isn't really a fair criticism and it's certainly not directed at the people behind it. As I said, I think it's a good idea - on paper.

Unfortunately it's the average user that either treats it or turns it into something it wasn't really meant for. Or better yet, they misuse the system in a way that's not really intended. (recognising friends for example).

Overall, I personally do not use it given how quickly it became something to do "just because", if the average user used it properly and gave recognitions for people that do genuinely go above and beyond or what not, then I would follow suit. Because hard work does need reward in some way, especially for those that deserve it.

Still a good idea however, just not with some of the mind-set people have on my floor, from my experience anyway.

Pros

I certainly like the intention behind it, I will always vouch and support something that is designed to encourage reward and recognition within a working environment.

Cons

I'm not really a fan of the social media element it's taken with the social feed and email notifications, perhaps these can be turned off somewhere but they very quickly got annoying. In all honesty, it got to the point where I set up a rule in my outlook to move any emails from Qarrot to my deleted folder, even recognitions, because they started flooding my inbox with everyone recognising each other.

My main criticism is possibly a bit harsh, as it's not really anything to do with the intention, design or even the implementation behind it all, but I don't think it has much staying power. What I mean specifically, is that things like Qarrot soon turn into a popularity contest or something that people do because it's expected of them or they're asked to do it by management.

We are already seeing here at Honda that people are 'recognising' friends over genuine colleagues, where they're both giving 'jokey' awards for not getting points in their Fantasy Football League, or for doing their day to day job. You know, something that would have been the minimum expectation of them before Qarrot was about. People are now being rewarded/recognised for doing their normal Job it seems. ("Thanks for sending over those forms in a timely manner" - is something you might see and think, isn't that expected of you anyway?)

More in the next box.

4.0/10
Jeff N.

review of Qarrot

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Fantastic. Every time we've had an issue I feel the team has gone above and beyond to help us out or to make things right.

Even if we find a small bug they fix it right away they follow up with us to tell us it has been corrected.

Excellent service!

Pros

The end user experience. If you want to reward someone for doing a good job, they are not limited by what gift card you can find at the local store. Being able to customize rewards with comply logos is amazing.

Cons

Because you have so many options, it is difficult for some of our team leads to create campaigns. No matter how many times we try to walk people though something they seem to get lost. Also, the hard close on a campaign is a little difficult to work around. We have to end our campaigns a few days after they really end to give the employee enough time to enter in all their data.

Carl G.

Increase the commitment and motivation of your employees

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

With Qarrot we have made our employees feel good emotionally, which generates excellent teamwork.

Pros

Thanks to the tools of Qarrot we give our employees the necessary social recognition that generates a good work environment and great motivation. The best thing is the automatic function to celebrate the achievements and the campaigns of points and incentives.

Cons

It took a few hours to fully integrate qarrot, but it works perfectly.

Randall S.

My honest review

Reviewed on 2019/05/03

It has been a fun tool to help our team build appreciation for hard work.

Pros

The ease of use, and the fun of doing it. In our office w rely on team work, and this helps us show appreciation

Cons

It could use a few reminders when things expire or about to expire.

Steven M.

Qarrot

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Qarrot has allowed us to get a much higher level of engagement with our reward and recognition programme. Visibility of the scheme has been increased greatly and easy to use back end reporting is a bonus to the management team.

Pros

Friendly and easy to use interface, requires minimal if any training to roll out to employees. Users have quickly engaged with the system compared to previous attempts to run a reward and recognition programme with in-house solutions

Cons

Since the recent redesign the scroll area has been reduced to a small column, this has made it slightly less user friendly.

Abdul Q.

Excellent idea

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

I have had a good experience with Qarrot so far, I have had the pleasure of being rewarded and recognised by fellow colleagues which always puts a smile on my face and it is nice to know that you can show people how much you appreciate their help and effort in the workplace.

Pros

the ability to easily recognise and reward colleagues. also being able to manoeuvre around the application with ease
very well designed and a great idea

Cons

there's not much that needs to be fixed as it has been very successful. I think it would however be nice to add more rewards and expand on the types of badges.

Shawn V.

Fluid but pricey

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

It's a great idea and concept but it is a little expensive. This is also due to the massive use of it.

Pros

It is really easy to use and takes very little time to teach everyone how to use it.

Cons

It's a little hard to get in touch with support. I couldn't find it listed anywhere on the site while logged in.

Response from Qarrot Performance

Hi Shawn, thank for the review! In the future, you can get in touch with our support team by clicking the top-right corner of your Qarrot account, under Profile you'll find the section 'Help' where you can check Qarrot's knowledge base or leave us a message (we respond within 1 business day ;)

5.0/10
Jennifer D.

The use of this website

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

The benefits is all the different options we have for gift cards and I can award my coworkers when they did something wonderful and I can acknowledge them.

Pros

It’s easy to use and never have any problems with it. I like that everyone at work can stay connect and everyone can join in on the conversations. I also love that we are able to get gift cards after we earn money. And gift card options are great.

Cons

At the moment there hasn’t been anything I don’t like. Haven’t been on here long enough.

Lukas W.

Qarrot, No Stick

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Pros

The site app is quick, the support is impressively fast, the staff are keen to evaluate and implement ideas, pricing is sharp

Cons

Limited integration with other services such as Slack, etc. However, I know they're working on this as of the date of this review. Limited number of badge icons - again, I know this is something they're working on so take it with a grain of salt!

Marcus R.

I enjoy having a format to show apreciation and also reward collegues

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

I have enjoyed the use so far along with the update and love the effect it has had on rewards in the business.

Pros

I like the simplicity of use and the layout

Cons

would be better to have an option to add emojis and or GIF into the comments

Response from Qarrot Performance

Hi Marcus, thank you for reviewing us :) Great news: you can now comment on others' posts with GIFs (it was part of our latest update so you might not have seen it yet)!

My L.

Qarrot Incentive Platform

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/01/22

We are currently in the pilot phase at our organization and have been working closely with the team at Qarrot and they have been awesome. They are very quick to respond to my inquiries and offer suggestions to help with the set up and launch. Qarrot also provided suggestions and ideas on possible campaigns and badges which were great. We've also provided many feedback and they were really responsive and have implemented many of the suggestions into the platform, which was wonderful!

Pros

The software is pretty simple to navigate. They recently made updates and the new look is colorful and eye-catching!

Cons

We are still in the pilot phase and have yet to launch the software but so far many of our suggestions and feedback have been implemented.

Anthony M.

Stoked

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

office enjoys rewards where credit is due

Pros

really easy to recognize peers, and have that be seen throughout the whole office

Cons

seems like I could only reward someone once a month, but maybe that was our settings.

Charles C.

Qarrot implemented a high-quality, customized staff education and incentive rewards program

Reviewed on 2016/05/25

Qarrot has helped us design a highly functional, engaging on-line education and incentive rewards program, consolidating our legacy disparate systems and outdated features into a streamlined, visually appealing experience. They have been easy to work with, responsive to our requests for change and quick to suggest areas for improvement. Since Qarrott took over this program at the end of 2015, we have seen a 60% increase in the utilization of the program by our members, further underscoring the value Qarrott has brought to our company.

Eric P.

Great Start!

Reviewed on 2018/08/11

Pros

Functionality, love that we can reward employees easily for a variety of initiatives for a job well done!

Cons

Would be better served with a mobile app, web app is difficult to use on some devices.

Philip M.

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

Pros

-software is use friendly and easy to navigate

Cons

No cons so far. This software is amazing with a lot of companies to exchange points for rewards

Calvin S.

my review

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Pros

That I can easily reward employees through the app for their hard work

Cons

accessibility. Not much else. Great app.

Ugne J.

Great employee recognition solution!

Feature-rich
Great UX
Increases motivation

Cons

No private recognition option
No integration with Slack

Car D.

Qarrot review

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

Being able to use it as a reward for our Leadership team has been helpful.

Pros

It seems relatively easy to use for now.

Cons

I have had no issues with use except it would be nice if the login and password could be saved.

Response from Qarrot Performance

Thanks for the feedback, Car!

To make logging in easier, you save your username and password in your web browser (when on a computer) or use the 'Autofill password' feature on iPhone (go into Settings, then Passwords & Accounts).

Hope this is helpful.

Cat M.

Good Starting Point

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

So far, it's pretty user friendly. I would recommend this for large companies to help with communicating goals. I haven't had an bad experiences, just some hiccups getting it off the ground- which is to be expected.

Pros

That you can award prizes immediately and don't have to wait for the next time the team member is scheduled to reward them.

Cons

I can't scroll through the previous shout outs or achievements on a desktop.

Chelsea B.

Awesome Way to Give Back

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

Once the employees are invested and excited about the program they really jump at the opportunity to earn rewards.

Pros

It's easy to navigate the software for both administration and employees. The feed allows for easy communication across the entire nationwide team.

Cons

The most difficult part is just re-entering data that could auto populate or be stored for another use.

Stephanie K.

Unique Incentive

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

Pros

Qarrot is a great, unique way to create incentives for our employees. I really like the “news feed” aspect that allows people to see accomplishments of others, especially with our business, which has different locations throughout the country. It provides a new level of recognition!

Cons

I don’t have any complaints about Qarrot thus far.

Christine T.

Qarrot review

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Pros

The app is really cool. It allows me to take on campaigns and earn point to get what I want while doing what I would do for work. It incentivizes me to push a little harder to reach goals, but still rewards the work I do.

Cons

I had to have someone who knew the app show me how to find what I was looking for.

Amanda V.

Better a Qarrot than a stick....

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Pros

The software is user friendly and allows even a large company to stay connected and recognize great work! Employees respond well to positive feedback an additional monetary motivation is also a wonderful bonus.

Cons

I have not encountered any negatives- easy to download and use.

Marlon H.

It's great!

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

It helps us meet our company goals by offering incentives to our employees as the goals are met.

Pros

This is a great software to use for offering your employees incentives and setting various goals. It's pretty easy to use.

Cons

Nothing to say at the moment. Have only used the software for a short time.

Jenna V.

Great reward system for employees

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

Pros

Qarrot is very user friendly. Easy to set up campaigns and send out shout outs too.

Cons

I had a hiccup when they were signing me up that someone else had to go in from Qarrot and sign up my email. But it went though and eventually happened