Showing 23 reviews of 13

KeepnTrack

Visitor, student, & volunteer management software

Showing 23 reviews of 13
Tammy P.

I highly recommend KeepnTrack

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

The speed at which a background check can be done and the small cost has been a huge benefit for us.
We have been using the system for 9 years now and I always recommend it.

Pros

It encompasses so much! We use it to track students for late arrival and early departures.
Employees sign in and out which enables us, in an emergency, to print out a report that tells us who is in the building. An immediate sexual background is done on visitors when checked in. We have our Volunteers do the background check and we are able to track volunteer hours.

Cons

I really do not have any concerns. The technical part of the company has always been really helpful.

Does as advertised

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

We're using this to keep our students/staff safe.

Pros

It definitely works as far as tracking who is coming and going from the building and checking the sex offender registry. It notifies us to any potential matches. We're also able to mark individuals as not being allowed in the building if a staff member or family reports someone shouldn't be around.

Cons

It's not an easy process to get a potential match marked as not a match. The reports are also not as intuitive to pull out as we'd like them to be.

Emily W.

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

Pros

The customer service reps are friendly and responsive. It runs an automatic background check on everyone that scans into the building which is a great security feature.

Cons

Everyone scans the magnetic strip on their license instead of the bar code, so we waste a LOT of time fixing it and explaining to people that they scanned the wrong thing. The directions that you can customize to appear on your monitor for visitors signing in have a very small font and no one even notices them. Our Dymo printer has never worked properly (stops working randomly several times a day and has to be unplugged and re-plugged in) and the customer service people have never been able to figure it out or offered to replace it. The badge printer has dual rolls but doesn't automatically switch to the other side when one side runs out; you have to go in to the software management and tell it to switch sides.

Rodney H.

Great program for a school.

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Pros

The ease and accuracy of checking all visitors into our building makes everyone feel safe!

Cons

Mass populations of people entering the building for events is a little time consuming.

• Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Other for 2+ years

A limited piece of software that needs updating

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

Pros

I did help keep track of our employees hours

Cons

It was clunky and felt behind the times. Definitely in need of modernization.

Kelly A.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Keepn Track School Safety

Reviewed on 2019/11/22

My overall experience has been great. We started with KeepnTrack before they were sold and it was put as online software, so they have come along way.

Pros

We use it for student tardies, parent volunteers sign in for a badge for being on campus and I use it for parent volunteer hours.

Cons

Some of the changes over the years that I would use on the admin side were taken away and they made the software user friendly.

Amber C.

Student Check in

Reviewed on 2019/11/12

anytime I need assistance I have had GREAT customer support that is very willing and able to help me out step by step.

Pros

I love that once I got all students into the system,which was very simple, they can come in and sign in or out with ease.

Cons

Sometimes a user will use the back button and it will log out, then I have to assist in re-logging in and it is sometimes a inconvenience.

Tony C.
  • Industry: Law Enforcement

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

GOOD

Pros

THE HOME PAGE WAS EASY TO USE AND SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND WHEN IT CAME TO LOGGING IN VISITORS

Cons

NOT ALLOWING THE INFORMATION TO BE TRANSFERRED OVER TO LATER USE LIKE THE BIRTH DATE

Jeff A.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Keep Track of Visitors

Reviewed on 2020/11/05

This may be a feature, but I have not seen it used if it is. It would be nice for regular volunteers to just sign in with a badge that can be used every time.

Pros

This is pretty slick. A visitor can come in, put in name and birthdate, and then get a visitor label printed out. At the end of the visit, the visitor scans the label to check out. If there are any problems the name is flagged and an email goes to the secretary and principal.

Cons

I think this is great when you have all the pieces. I have a secretary who has a touch screen computer, with a keyboard, a label maker, and a scanner. It works really slick. However, not everyone has all those pieces. And with lots of pieces its easy to get lost in the updates, and buying labels, and

Response from COMPanion

Hello Jeff! Yes, you can simplify repeat access with unique ID cards that are available to quickly identify frequent volunteers. Contact our Customer Support team if you need help setting this feature up. - [email protected]

Amber C.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Easy tracking of volunteers

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

Any time I have called into the help center they are very thorough and they even listen to my suggestions when brain storming on my end of the call.

Pros

The most thing I like about this product is the convenience of having people checking in and being able to keep track of all of the volunteer hours for the year.

Cons

Sometimes it logs out and then people just stand there and stare at it. Even thought I have the log in steps right next to the kiosk. That would be my only gripe is that.

Libby H.

A Student Accountability MUST HAVE!!

Reviewed on 2019/11/18

We are effectively keeping track of all of our students and are able to provide real time attendance to our administration in case of emergency. It is easy to set up and use - if you have questions, support is only a "chat" away!!

Pros

This software makes is so easy to tell where all of our students are at a moments notice. Since it is web-based, we can check it out of the building during fire and evacuation drills. It also keeps track of student tardies and the student history is easy and convenient to access. The barcode function is a must have!!

Cons

Students are somewhat confused the first time using the system, but once they get used to it, they become very quick at using it.

Linda R.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Software Tokens

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

Working with the refreshing of the CBC - Criminal Background Checks. It has gotten better.

Pros

It is not a difficult software. It is very easy generating reports, looking up and adding information into profiles. Running background checks is extremely easy (just a matter of reading the results). Merging feature is pretty cool, just need to be extremely careful. There is no going back once you have merged profiles.

Cons

The CBC gets frozen quite often. This could be a drag.

Sally U.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

KeepNTrack

Reviewed on 2018/12/13

It's been very good for our School District it has helped us keep Sex Offenders out of our schools.

Pros

It's very user friendly when you scan the ID it doesn't take anytime to do the check on the person.

Cons

Sometimes it bring's up people as matches that is not the same date of birth or not even the exact name.