Sling

Write a Review!
Employee scheduling made easy and free!

4.7/5
4.5/5
4.6/5
4.5/5

Sling a must to check it out.

Reviewed on 2019/05/18

My personal feelings after having to pay such high prices for cable channels on the market we just had to drop them. Someone told us about sling and to try it. We love it. We will stick with sling for a long time. And to enjoy all the channels for cheap prices and affordable. Check it out and try it. Highly recommended Sling.

Pros

Sling is a great program. We have been with sling for 3 years now. We love sling. It better than spectrum for cable. Sling is way cheaper than any cable on market unless you go annetena. In order to use sling we had to buy roku to get sling for our tv. Sling programs offers very good rates for cable channels and more. Sling also offers dvr for any channel they have. My favorite channel is hallmark. Sling offers 3 hallmark channels that i never knew was on market. So being on a budget this was good buy and reasonable. Just to enjoy sling. I highly recommend it to anyone that is on a budget.

Cons

I don't have any complaints or downfall with sling. I am very happy and pleased with sling. I don't know what i do without sling program. It great program and you can't go wrong with sling.

Wyatt
  • Industry: Entertainment

Production manager review for live productions

Reviewed on 2023/07/13

Overall I have a great experience besides from the couple issues I've run into. I use it daily ad it makes it way easier to run a schedule my crews.

Pros

I really like how easy is is to schedule people, put up available shifts for employees and the reminders so people know to come in to work. It makes my job easier and gives me some peace of mind.

Cons

I have a couple issues.My least favorite thing is the mobile app, I said before it's just clunky and doesn't feel like a mobile app.I also need a way to view pdf's on the app without it downloading to your phone.And lastly it would make everything so much easier if I could have an hourly rate and a day rate option for employee's.That would solve all my issues and make me love using this scheduling system. I think I could even get some live music venues in the area to use it too because there isnt a program that does all of those things and your system is already really easy to use.

7shifts and Slack

Reasons for Switching to Sling

The layout of the program on desktop and the easy way to set everything up made me go with sling.
Josephine-Marie

Not the best of software

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

Pros

what I do like about this software is if you don't have one of your coworkers number you can go on there and message them. Also it gives you your schedule when you work on a month to month basics.

Cons

What I don't like is that I have the app and I don't get notifications about it also when I want to pick up a shift it doesn't add it to my calendar so if I forget I wouldn't know if I did pick it up until I get a call.

Zack

Extremely easy, inexpensive, and comprehensive scheduling tool

Reviewed on 2022/07/14

Extremely positive; we were lacking an online scheduler and mobile access for about 2 to 3 years and the use of Sling made scheduling much easier (versus pen and paper) and reduced issues due to accidental missed shifts.

Pros

I looked through several scheduling tools before settling on Sling. This included simple Excel sheets, Homebase, and When I Work. I settled on Sling because of the wide array of features for no cost and mobile app access. The mobile app experience, per my team, was easy and extremely convenient. I personally was impressed with the ease of the drag-and-drop scheduler.

Cons

About the only issues I had with the software was the occasional challenge to invite a new user. We haven't used it in a while now, but the only problem was that it seemed hard to resend the invite email to download the app. That being said, I think it was only because there are a lot of features in the software, and it can be a little challenging to do once specific task simply because it can take a minute to find it.

When I Work, Homebase and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Sling

More features for no cost; it was important that it not cost anything as it was a temporary product during a company transition.
Stefanie

A Great Resource & Time Saver

Reviewed on 2022/04/29

Pros

I love the fact that this software saves me so much time compiling a schedule. I can create recurring shifts when I know that the same team goes to one of our satellite locations.

Cons

I utilize the free version because the company didn't need all of the bells and whistles that came with the paid versions.

john
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Best scheduling app out there

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

It truly has been a real asset for our business, I really believe we would be lost without this fantastic software.

Pros

Clocking in works great with SLING, scheduling and the employee interaction with the app is fantastic!

Cons

Getting use to messaging for help, were all used to calling someone. I found it works great and the response time is quick and responsive.

Tina
  • Industry: Restaurants

Best Value for your money

Reviewed on 2021/07/21

Communicating with my team is easier especially since it was a free app and they are able to get notifications. I communicate much more effectively with news updates and menu changes.

Pros

It is very user friendly. I use it for scheduling and although I am currently unable to use the actual scheduling portion, I love the newsfeed portion! It is our own social media hub that I use to upload schedules, upload news of the restaurant, menu changes etc. The best feature is that I can see who has viewed it!!

Cons

Once I edit a post on the newsfeed portion and repost it, it doesn't alert users that there has been a modification.

Carrie
  • Industry: Events Services

Game Changer for us.

Reviewed on 2023/10/03

In the nature of my business, it just works! I love that my employees can see who else is working where. BUT they can see who is working with them.The fees are totally afforadable! It makes life SO easy for me from what we were using before!!

Pros

What I like the most about Sling is... I used to text message all of my employees to ler ask if they can work and then again to let them know when they are working! I no longer need to do that. They all know if they cant work they do the "Time Off request" if they can never work on such day they do "Unavailible" The natrue of our business are only events so we are somewhere different every event. Sling connects the address to the date as well. Its just been a total Game Changer a fee that we can afford!!

Cons

This is a hard one! I really cant think of what I like least other than it needs to be intgrated with Apple Calendar, and the notification glitch I mentioned earlier.

Craig
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Fantastic

Reviewed on 2023/10/05

We find sling easy to use, and have implemented it as an integral part of our staff planning

Pros

Sling is critical to the planning of deploying staff in a large scale environment of events. The ease of use for both users and managers alike.

Cons

Nothing. Sling is an all encompassing app / Website that we use on a daily basis

PARiM and TimeGate
Maddie
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Sling - Multiple Employee Scheduling

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Pros

I like sling because of all the different customization options they give you. You can group people by position and schedule them easily. This is he best scheduling app I have used so far. You can see how many hours you've schedule for each position per day and per week and that is very helpful.

Cons

One thing I do not like about sling is that adding in the shifts each month/week can get pretty tedious. Also, it is very easy to delete all shifts for one person when you only meant to delete one.

Sarah
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Good for what we need!

Reviewed on 2022/12/24

Overall, I'm glad we made the switch from HotSchedules, which is what we used previously. The way that is syncs with Toast POS and payroll is seamless, and it's easy to keep udpated or make changes on the fly. The app sometimes malfunctions, but I anticipate that being upgraded over time.

Pros

As the person who makes the schedule for ~100 students working as part-time baristas, I like the functionality of making repeating shifts for a certain number of weeks. Color-coded shifts, job titles, and easily specifying tasks lists and job codes, makes for a clean look and clear communication for staff!

Cons

There are a few things that I look forward to Sling being able to do in the future. One of those is for employees having the capability to offer up portions of their shifts instead of all or nothing. I also wish I could add in templates for specific days of the week (i.e. a "weekends" template and a "weekday" template). When holidays fall on different days of the year, it would be nice to have a specific schedule template saved that can just be applied so that I don't have to manually enter shifts for each of those days.

Rosalina
  • Industry: Insurance

"Boosting Your Business Efficiency with Sling: An In-Depth Review"

Reviewed on 2023/03/02

Generally speaking, Sling is an extensive representative planning programming that offers a scope of elements to assist organizations with dealing with their labor force all the more proficiently. While there are a few restrictions as far as revealing choices and customization, the reasonable evaluating and adjustable settings make it a solid competitor for organizations hoping to smooth out their planning processes. Likewise with any product, it's essential to painstakingly assess your choices and consider your particular business needs prior to pursuing a choice.

Pros

Simple to utilize: Sling is easy to understand and natural, in any event, for non-educated clients. The point of interaction is basic and direct, making it simple to explore and get to highlights.Complete booking highlights: Sling offers a scope of planning highlights, for example, shift planning, time following, and errand the executives, making it an all inclusive resource for organizations hoping to smooth out their booking processes.Reasonable evaluating: Sling offers a scope of valuing plans to fit different business needs and spending plans, including a let loose arrangement that backings to five clients and essential booking highlights.Joining choices: Sling coordinates with a scope of different instruments, including finance programming, HR programming, and undertaking the executives programming, making it simple to smooth out your work process.Adjustable settings: Sling offers adaptable settings, for example, additional time rules and shift inclinations, making it simple to fit the product to fit the particular requirements of your business.

Cons

Restricted detailing choices: While Sling offers fundamental announcing highlights, a few clients have revealed restricted choices as far as cutting edge investigation and information representation.Restricted customization choices: While Sling offers some customization choices, for example, shift inclinations, a few clients have detailed restricted choices regarding marking and appearance.Expectation to learn and adapt for certain elements: While Sling is by and large easy to use, a few clients have revealed an expectation to absorb information as far as setting up and tweaking specific highlights, for example, time following.Restricted correspondence highlights: While Sling offers some correspondence highlights, like informing and newsfeed, a few clients have detailed that they are not generally so strong as those presented by other representative planning programming.Restricted free arrangement: While Sling offers a free arrangement, it is restricted as far as the quantity of clients and elements accessible.

Chelsea
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Great scheduling software

Reviewed on 2021/02/16

Pros

We switched from paper to digital scheduling with sling. Staff appreciated being able to swap shifts from their phones & easily picked up on the new method. We also switched all communication to the app which has helped me find communications from staff & stay organized.

Other key features we enjoy: shift alarms, constantly updated services, template/copy paste for shifts, categorization options, reports, & more.

Cons

There is only one thing that we need updated - a specific report to include some data for payroll.

Susan
  • Industry: Libraries

Free option is good for us

Reviewed on 2021/06/02

It was just what I was looking for for scheduling employees. The app is great so that you can see who is working when. Because I use the free version, it fits our tight budget as well

Pros

I like that it is free and it makes it easy to see who is working when. I can color code people and see when they are not available and want time off. We also can communicate and I get updates immediately in my email.

Cons

There isn't an option to calendar meetings so I get around it by using the Employee feature to name repeating meetings. I also would like the Notes feature to be more prominent. It would be nice to know there is a caveat on a shift that we need to know about.

Vanessa
  • Industry: Veterinary

Sling for Scheduling

Reviewed on 2021/12/06

Overall I am pleased with this software, our employees never have any negative feedback which is always nice.

Pros

I really appreciate that there is an accessible employee database. This feature allows me to not have to add every employee on my personal phone because I can reference the database for needed information. I also quite like the Newsfeed feature. We currently have different categories in which to post pertinent information. It is helpful in sharing information with the team when we are all not present.

Cons

I do not like that when on my desktop, the Newsfeed will alert me about new posts but the alert will not go away after I review the posts.

Shelly
  • Industry: Hospitality

Sling

Reviewed on 2023/03/27

It’s a great tool to be able to easily schedule so many college employees with so many different schedules`

Pros

I like how easy it is to schedule employees

Cons

It’s harder to use on my ipad than on my computer b ut still very easy to use

Robert
  • Industry: Veterinary

The great hidden treasure

Reviewed on 2021/06/07

It just works. No fuss, no errors, no learning curve, just get on and schedule.

It just works. No fuss, no errors, no learning curve, just get on and schedule.

Pros

Although 'sling.is' is not as well known as some of the bigger names it is absolutely one of the best scheduling programs I have used.

Cons

No cons that I can think of. The software just works and that is hugely important to me.

Tom
  • Industry: Sports

Really Enjoy using product. Makes my scheduling so much easier.

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

Love the app for scheduling all my staffing needs.
Thanks for your efforts!!!

Love the app for scheduling all my staffing needs.
Thanks for your efforts!!!

Pros

Ease of use for multiple operations.
Ease of use for employees.
Great Work. Keep it UP!!!!

Cons

Cant think of much, sorry.
Sometimes when using edit feature for a REPEATING Shift you are unable to do a few, possibly week at a time??? its either All Future Shifts or Just this one. Could we get more options.

like i said cant think of much.........

Rebekah
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Sling - scheduling made easy!

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Overall, I have really enjoyed Sling. It has helped me keep track of my own personal schedule

Pros

Sling makes creating your schedule so easy. Personally, I travel a lot for my job, so being able to track each hour of my day through sling has made things much easier. I also like how easy it is to just request time off for vacation and medical!

Cons

Can’t really see other team members shifts, so it makes it hard to keep track of what other team members schedules look like through out the day. It would be great to have more of a view.

Roberto Franco Carlo
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Best scheduling planner for free on the market, and premium has it all!

Reviewed on 2023/02/06

Since we are using Sling, our employees have the big picture what is going on. Everybody ca control easily when and where to work, how much they worked and can change duties, ask for free time and more. It makes it simple and is easy accessible.

Pros

The scheduling works phantastic and is easy tu use. The mobile application is always syncronized, so people know immediately when things change. The interface is clear and well optimized. A great tool for everyday´s work.

Cons

It works only online, no cache used on mobile apps. So when you don´t have mobile coverage, no data shown. Sometimes old data are better tha no data.

Nicole
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Helpful and Cost Effective

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

Pros

My company uses the free version of Sling, and for something that is cost free it's really wonderful. It's easy to navigate, and the messaging system has come in handy for us when our main method of communication (Slack) is down. We've tried several other paid and unpaid employee scheduling programs, and Sling has been the best one by far.

Cons

The only issue we have is that despite how many times we click "publish all future shifts", we still have to publish each new weeks shifts so that everyone can see. This is a very minor inconvenience though, as it's easy to quickly publish shifts.

Jessica
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Great program to use for scheduling

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

Pros

We have over 80 people in our department and Sling is our go to for scheduling. We use the free version, so we do not have all the features, but this system is easy to use and great for communicating updates to all of our staff vs sending an email. We are able to send "blast" messages.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to input rather than dragging or entering one by one (if they are not on a recurring schedule). Also, I would love to have the ability to export the schedule to Excel so we are able to post a paper copy.

Neeraja
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Best scheduling/clocking in software out there

Reviewed on 2021/07/29

Overall, I think Sling is great for scheduling and every organization should make use of it!

Pros

It is very user-friendly and easy to navigate. It has amazing features such as swapping shifts, offering shifts, and shifting schedules due to holidays. You can ensure the employee is clocking in from the right location or if the job is remote you can ignore the location. Gives reminders to employees when a new shift is available or when their shift is about to start.

Cons

Sometimes, the app gets glitchy and even after the shift gets over, it doesn't let you clock out which can get annoying especially if there is another shift right after and you can't clock in for it.

Gloria

Free Senior Fitness Classes

Reviewed on 2023/01/15

Overall, this is a good employee scheduler

Overall, this is a good employee scheduler

Pros

Appreciate the features offered in is free platform, and the efficiency for communicating to contractors.

Cons

The 2022 free trial has reduced much of the service originally offered. Makes it less useful to consider adding features.

Teresa
  • Industry: Hospitality

Sling was perfect for our needs

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Pros

I love being able to completely customize shifts and even have them color coded. Everything was exceptionally easy and didn't require a training day to show employees how to use it. The ability to pull reports for payroll and other financial figures was a huge time-saver for us. Customer service is readily available and even friendly in emails.

Cons

I honestly have no complaints and just hope it stays the same a nice long time.