Sling

4,6
4,6
John T.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Best scheduling app out there

Reviewed on 2019/08/28

It truly has been a real asset for our business, I really believe we would be lost without this fantastic software.

Pros

Clocking in works great with SLING, scheduling and the employee interaction with the app is fantastic!

Cons

Getting use to messaging for help, were all used to calling someone. I found it works great and the response time is quick and responsive.

Stephen M.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Excellent with limitations...

Reviewed on 2020/04/25

As a scheduling software great. no need for the extra features.

Pros

Easy access to distribute schedules and messages.

Cons

Private messaging. Users can private message each other within Sling. If these messages take a negative turn. Sexual Harassment or something else. There is no way no monitor these messages. Unless a screen shot was taken there is no proof, because if the either of the user deletes the message it is gone.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Nicole W.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Helpful and Cost Effective

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

Pros

My company uses the free version of Sling, and for something that is cost free it's really wonderful. It's easy to navigate, and the messaging system has come in handy for us when our main method of communication (Slack) is down. We've tried several other paid and unpaid employee scheduling programs, and Sling has been the best one by far.

Cons

The only issue we have is that despite how many times we click "publish all future shifts", we still have to publish each new weeks shifts so that everyone can see. This is a very minor inconvenience though, as it's easy to quickly publish shifts.

Mark R.

Outstanding Software

Reviewed on 2020/04/07

Pros

Sling makes employee scheduling and overtime tracking a breeze. Our team members love the ability to receive instant notifications of their assigned shifts, and our organization benefits from being able to distribute our workforce more strategically to maximize production and reduce loss.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to shortlist relevant shifts and employees when setting schedules for multiple locations, especially in cases of particular employees working in more than one location.

Aurora N.

Sling for Managing Teams

Reviewed on 2018/11/24

Has helped me manage a team of 70 with constantly changing shifts (days/times)

Pros

Love this products ease of use and ability to manage a large team schedule.
Allos you to code people for different positions, set recurring shift times and even has a group chat to easily send out team notifications ect.
Send each person's schedule directly to their phone. Great for managing a younger demographic.

Cons

There is no way for the team member to post a shift for coverage, everything has to be done by the manager (this could also be a pro, depending on what your looking for)

Logan C.
Industry: Medical Practice

SUPER!

Reviewed on 2019/08/19

I love it and its been nothing but a benefit to us. Giving us all we need and nothing more and nothing less for a great price

Pros

lOVE IT! Cant say enough, ease of use, and bang for the buck! It covers all of our needs and saves us... amn probably 80% of what we were paying for a lesser product

Cons

Sometimes it can run slow but I think that's more having to do with my internet connection not SLING.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

I never missed my shift

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2018/09/22

Pros

My boss used Sling to organize our shifts. I always knew when I work and never missed my shift and always knew with which colleague I work that day.

Cons

There's nothing I have noticed as a flaw to this software-it simply helps me organize my time. Maybe an interesting feature would be to ping boss when he forgets to fill shifts for that or next week. This way we can only call him and ask to do so.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Tina L.
Industry: Real Estate

Sling a good thing

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

was easy to install and easy to learn didnt take much time to do simple steps

Cons

not really many cons just took a minute or two to get the hang of it

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

April M.

Sling online schedule

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/02/15

Pros

This program is wonderful.
It has helped our employees be able to access their schedules from home or in the go. We no longer rely on paper schedules.
The best benefit is a decrease in employees coming to work late or missing a shift!

Cons

No complaints, the free program does everything our business needs.

Ashley T.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Sling

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/01/08

I like this app it's very easy to use and download on any device

Pros

This is a good app because you cant watch it on any device and stream live tv shows online . I like it user friendly

Cons

Sometimes to the shows wont work or keep loading. They wont play or keep glitching it says a error has occurred to try later

Djordje B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Good for sheduling

Used Monthly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Pros

Great for organizing remote work. It's also free.

Cons

Phone app could be a bit better optimized.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Corey K.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: Self Employed

Probably the Best Streaming Service Available

Reviewed on 2020/12/29

Fair to partly cloudy. The app itself is much better than it used to be.

Pros

Sling has excellent offerings that are far cheaper than what one would pay for cable tv. The add-on's aren't terribly expensive, either.

Cons

Sling has a tendency to change their pricing/packages frequently. It's annoying and I've written them to ask them to cool it, but I'm very sure that falls on deaf ears. So far it's been worth holding on to.

Lynn V.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

This app is a game changer

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

Sling is excellent! I have been using it for several years and it’s getting better every year. I highly recommend it. It’s allows real time scheduling for team members as well as time off requests, shift notifications and several more options. It’s extremely convenient and easy to use. There are great simple features like colour blocking specific roles, it’s the little things that count. Along with all of that there is virtually no annoying advertising.

Sling has created a seamless connection between schedule creators and team members creating easy communication and boundaries.

Thank you Sling for generously offering such a great app.

Pros

There are so many options and it’s very easy to use from both the administrator and users point of view. It’s constantly being updated for improvements and there is absolutely no advertising on the free version.

Cons

It’s not really a con more of a possible option in the future and perhaps this is already an option. It would be great if it could link to iCal for apple users.

Kris L.
Industry: Wholesale

Great for Remote Working

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

Sling has made tracking hours a lot easier and has helped the payroll department immensely. It's organized and fairly user friendly, there's a slight learning curve but it's not bad. It's been nothing but useful!

Pros

Support for this program is good, I've never had any complaints there. You can schedule shifts or just let employees clock in and out as needed. They can pause their shift if a break is being taken.
The in app messaging system is decent.
As an admin you can leave notes and tags on what each shift is and what that person will be doing/did, they can even been color coded.
It's very easy to add an employee and schedule shifts for them.
There's a general news feed and a tasks board where you can assign tasks to certain people.

Cons

The only con I can think of right now is employees can't just directly add a note to the shift they've just finished and the navigation takes a little while to get used to.
The messaging system doesn't have a global moderator too, so if something is being said that shouldn't be, screenshots from another employee would be the only way to know.

Rachel L.
Industry: Veterinary

Good Experience with Sling

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

Overall, Sling has been a great app. We have used other apps and this one has been the easiest to use and the most helpful.

Pros

I like that this software is fairly user friendly. If your shift is pre-programmed, you can go right on the app and clock in (which is helpful). I like that times can be edited as needed if I forgot to clock in, etc. I also love the ease of being able to check other employee's schedules as well as my own (as I am a lead technician).

Cons

This software gives me limited issues. Although, I sometimes forget how to find the time sheet space, etc. One thing I would love to see is what time I clocked out so I know exactly when I need to be clocked in. Or if it could be programmed to remind you to clock in (almost like an alarm).

Clayton A.
Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

The easiest way to view schedules.

Reviewed on 2020/08/05

I am solving the problem of being able to view my work schedule from anywhere. If I ever need to reference the hours I work in the future or past, I can easily look it up.

Pros

This product is very easy to use. I love that I am able to view my schedule, and also the schedule of all of my coworkers in one place. The app is very responsive and has a clean, easy to use interface. When filling in my weekly timesheet, I am able to look back at all of the hours I have worked and use that as a reference.

Cons

One feature that could be added is being able to view my schedule for the month on mobile. I noticed that I am able to do this on the desktop site, but it would be helpful on mobile as awell.

Rebekah P.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Sling - scheduling made easy!

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Overall, I have really enjoyed Sling. It has helped me keep track of my own personal schedule

Pros

Sling makes creating your schedule so easy. Personally, I travel a lot for my job, so being able to track each hour of my day through sling has made things much easier. I also like how easy it is to just request time off for vacation and medical!

Cons

Can’t really see other team members shifts, so it makes it hard to keep track of what other team members schedules look like through out the day. It would be great to have more of a view.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Noora C.
Industry: Restaurants

Great Company-Wide Communication Tool

Reviewed on 2016/10/08

Sling is an awesome free program that makes company-wide communication a breeze. It's similar to an internal Facebook, with a newsfeed, messaging and contact lists. We were having communication issues between our three restaurants and Sling helped solve the issue tremendously. When you post on the newsfeed you can see who viewed the post which is great for accountability. It also has scheduling which they are continously adding updates to but we do not use that aspect as we ran into a few complications when trying to save templates for three different locations. It's great because it's an app so you can use the instant messaging to contact one another without needing to exchange phone numbers.

Industry: Veterinary

Excellent solution for scheduling, time clock, and company-wide communication

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

Sling has been an excellent addition to our company's set of software. I would recommend Sling to any SMB.

Strong scheduling platform
Strong time clock platform
Numerous communication and task solutions

Cons

Can't run payroll directly through it - yet!

Jackie M.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Employee Scheduling Made Easy!

Reviewed on 2017/02/27

By far, the BEST scheduling program I have found. I must say, I do wonder how long it will remain free. It's a great product and certainly deserving of a monthly cost affordable to small business as well as large corporations. I owned a computer company in the Boston area for over 15 years--I've seen a lot of software. Again, this is ONE OF THE BEST I've come across in a long time. I've moved on to Assisted Living Dietary Management and scheduling my employees on this has made my life so much easier!

Pros

I love everything about it. It's so simple to use.

Cons

Haven't found one yet.

Geraldine S.
Industry: Computer Software

Great Schedule system for remote workers

Reviewed on 2018/10/09

Excellent product very complete for a free application

Pros

Its perfect cause of the unlimited number of employees you can manage from there and the mobile app makes it even more perfect for all kinds of workforces because they can have there scheduled at their phones and be able to change shifts and talk with the working group about it

Cons

it will be nicer if we can add some tag or notes to de tasks and shifts specifications

Therese A.

Sling review

Reviewed on 2020/07/10

Sling made scheduling so much easier for our fitness center staff.

Pros

I like that I can view a list of all my coworkers in the fitness center and easily interact with them to ask for subs.

Cons

Would like it to sink up with Google calendar. However I just learned that is available with Sling premium.

Jamie W.
Industry: Events Services

Great scheduling system for decentralized team

Reviewed on 2017/10/12

Our schedule and our employees' availabilities are fluid. Sling! is able to keep up without even breaking a sweat.

My employees love the mobile app, which can push reminders about scheduled shifts. I love that my employees show up on time, because Sling! can push reminders about scheduled shifts.

I managed to get by before I discovered Sling!, but I honestly can't remember how. I'm able to spend so much more time doing the work now that I don't have to chase my employees down to get them scheduled to work.

Pros

The mobile app is what makes this package great. My employees love the push notifications when new shifts are posted.

We have a variable schedule and a student workforce. Our MO is to post available shifts when we need people to work. Sling! lets our students apply for as many or as few shifts as they like. We can then approve individuals to put our team for the day together based on the skills of those who have applied and the needs of the tasks at hand.

Cons

There is no view available that visually groups like time blocks into shifts.

Our shifts don't follow a set schedule, but we often need more than one person to work the same time block on a given day. There are now several features to help you save time when scheduling things like this. For example, you can copy shifts to avoid having to enter all of the same details multiple times, and you can select several different positions when creating a shift, but once created, each person shows up as their own event on the schedule.

If I've got a half dozen different people working for each of four different time blocks on a single day, the calendar starts to get a little overwhelming with 24 separate events represented. If there was a way to group like time blocks into shifts with multiple employees assigned, this example would be down to 4 separate events, which is much easier to quickly get your head around.

Marlesha K.

GREAT for managing many employees with unusual/atypical Shifts. Very scaleable, efficiency improves.

Reviewed on 2017/09/08

Pros

So many 'Pros'!! --
- supports multiple work sites/locations.
- supports different employee roles/titles.
- supports large (unlimited?) number of employees.
- can 'deactivate' employees & then reinstate them at a later date (no need to delete the employee's entire profile).
- There are even more 'Pros' that we haven't fully explored yet, such as employees communicating with each other through the app to arrange shift swaps, etc. So much potential!!

I work at a college Math Learning Center where we provide additional assistance to students seeking extra math support. Having a scheduling app/software that can manage many employees with atypical/changing/unusual shifts is crucial!! We employ both full-time permanent staff and temporary students tutors and with our temporary staff we have a lot of turnover as students come-and-go. Thus we have changes to the schedule constantly. So for us, a dynamic system is a must.

The Sling support staff is also very responsive and open to suggestions and ideas. Some of my suggestions have been incorporated, such as being able to included a 'break' duration for a shift which then is subtracted from the shift hour total. These changes have made Sling even more useful! I am so thrilled to have found this FREE scheduling web application. We don't have the budget to pay for a scheduling software/app, yet we needed a tool that could handle our very specific and complicated needs. We found it in Sling!!

Cons

- Would like to be able to add more details about each employee, such as customized checkboxes for employee 'expertise'. (There is a 'notes' section for each employee profile, which is nice.)
- Be able to make tags/notes for certain dates, such as 'holiday' or 'extended day' to remind the scheduler of different scheduling needs.
- Have a shift-responsibilities designation option, such as 'Opener' or 'Closer'
- Would like to be able to 'collapse' some of the hours from view and/or designate a viewing window that shows only when our center is open (must be unique by location). Though being able to schedule shifts beyond 'operating hours' is needed (set-up, take-down time) but many hours before and after our operating hours don't need to be displayed.
- Would like there to be a way to designate general staff 'types' (i.e. permanent vs temporary) not just different employee position. A Permanent staff member had additional responsibilities and must be staffed at all times, so being able to look at the shifts of just Permanent staff would be beneficial.
- More customizable options for the print-view.

All these cons, if addressed, would just be icing on the cake. The app, as it is now, is completely functional and covers all the necessities and more!

Kelly D.
Industry: Internet
Company size: Self Employed

Sling tv is a money saver.

Reviewed on 2020/02/03

Pros

Sling tv software works on a roku and amazon fire stick.Pac 12 networks are included in sports package.Record 50 hours with sling tv cloud dvr plus.Freeform and tnt channels included.No contract for sling and you can cancel at anytime.

Cons

No big 10 network is included in sling tv package.No justice network new detectives included in sling tv package.DVR is not unlimited is also a con.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10