Elation Reviews

Elation

Cloud based electronic medical record system

4.5/5 (15 reviews)
Raj D.

Amazon of EMRs!

Reviewed on 2018/10/27

I would pick this over any other software with multiple offices. There is a very common software that is very costly and very popular and also very aggressive but I did not like it. This software has a very cumbersome way to do things.

I want to elaborate Elation in more detail.
Great advantages:
One screen has all features.
Summary on l side- a must
Note on r side.
History in middle and all the tabs on the top.

Passport function works great for patient communication.
L top- has passport , Name, age etc.
Pharmacy selection is great- easy. All ready to pick.
ERx function is fast.
It shows you date of next visit.
All summary available to see at visit.
Best and unique feature: All MIPs needs are at the begining of each visit particular to the age and sex. You click and satisfy from the same screen. Clicking is one click only and very fast. There are softwares that will do this but will take you to many screens.
It is great for diagnostics that you work from same screen. More screens makes you forget when you are very busy.
Interface with hospital and Quest work great and they are free!
Even all hospital radiology reports are here as soon as they are signed off by radiologist. This interface was custom made for me at no cost.
I can tell you- Elation staff is super smart.
Customer service is not needed much as everything works great!
Reports look great. Bulk refills are a breeze.
Very pleasant and professional colors.

Pros

It has been a 8 months since I have started using this software. I used to have Soapware EMR for 18 years. Soapware had to shut down as the owner was getting to that age and older softwares are not easy to upgrade. I looked at 15 softwares before I picked Elation. I knew what I need as a busy primary care Internist. My staff and I are extremely happy that we ended up with Elationhealth. Everyone loves Amazon as the website is very robust and user friendly. I now can say that Elation is of that category. I am not getting paid to update my review. Some of the most popular EMRs are very cumbersome and so at the end of the day it is exhausting to finish the work. Elation is so easy that you can see your full load of patients and complete every note, even the most complicated patient's notes within 2 minutes. This includes visit note, all 10 rx local and mail, 3 referral with faxing all records to each, all orders for 5 different problems with ICD codes and all MIPs requirements. No software does all these. The best thing I see is that there are not any glitches. There are softwares that will do all these but at the end of the visit you will feel exhausted. This software works from one screen and with just one hour of use and not even much training you feel comfortable.
There are softwares that will make you work a ton for every new visit. I have saved all rx I use and all Orders I give so I can reuse them forever now for all future patients. Very fast now!

Cons

There is not much to dislike. I was little nervous about interface with billing software but it has worked great. I picked MD connection for billing and that is another robust software. As soon as patient leaves and I send the bill to MD connection- it reaches real-time. Most complete softwares have many glitches or may have one side powerful and other side weak. This combination is great and my billing staff loves billing software also.

Raj D.

I am so happy!

Reviewed on 2018/03/10

I am able to work faster without errors.

Pros

I recently had to change from Soapware to Elation EHR. Soapware has shut down. I did demonstrations for about 15 software companies like some of the old ones but very popular ones. The biggest mistake a doctor can make is to go for an older software, that is clunky and slow. Never pick a software that has remote desktop connection needs. Those will be old and slow . I am glad I picked Elation. This is a cloud based software and is a pleasure to use. My staff and I had hardly a day of learning curve. It is a very smart software and very user-friendly. There are many software companies but many of them are cumbersome and slow. Elation is great and we love it.

Customization is very easy and once you do it you can work at a super speed. The only way a doctor can survive is to work fast at computer and pay enough attention to the patient before that. There are no phone calls from pharmacies. In a short time I have made many rx and orders templates that are reusable for future common complaints.

Just from one screen you are able to mix, match and patch to finish a complex note in two minutes including all 10 rx, 5 diff orders, 3 referrals, send the bill and close a note.

My staff and I both are excited and very satisfied with the performance. You will not go wrong with this software. Interface with the billing software is working great. It is not always necessary to use a complete software if that software is old and clunky.

Ashley T.

Great software, poor customer service

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

It’s a great software, initially had issues and were not very responsive but since then has been quite smooth and overall satisfied- and I’m hard to please.
Unhappy only with mostly provider service when ongoing issues and cannot speak to live person. And lack of follow through on options such as online booking they had explicitly stated upon signing up.

Overall cost justifies the ease of use and time saved for physician.

Pros

Ease of use, easily accessible Pt info on one screen, few bugs/glitches, user friendly- very good compared to multiple other EHR I’ve used

Cons

Have to pay for billing software in addition to elation fee, ZERO discount for mid level prescribing practitioners, Absolutely no way to co tact them except via email re: issues which is very frustrating and have maybe 1 times out of 10 actually gotten back to me within their designated timeframe to rectify an issue/problem. When signed up 4/2017 salesman told me would be rolling out online booking for established patients over the summer. 12/17 still haven’t heard anything about offering that option

Daphne R.

Easy to migrate to, fits most needs for medical charting

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

Affordable and fits basic charting needs

Pros

Easy setup/migration. Sales and support are very helpful. It fits most of our needs for medical charting.

Cons

Patient portal is not "family friendly" (parents with multiple children need to create and remember unique email addresses/logins for all). Minor updates are needed, like ability to add Handouts to visit note templates, attaching files to Passport message replies, etc - not major things, but requires our staff to repeatedly take extra steps/time to chart without these features.

7.0/10
Bruce J.

Powerful, intuitive, but not (yet) all-inclusive EHR. Not the best value. 2nd best EHR I've used.

Reviewed on 2017/11/14

Ability to transfer in my prior EHR documentation with only minimal to moderate pain

Pros

1. Scrolling "timeline" of notes and events
2. L-hand panel with patient summary
3. Logical charting format
4. Some nice "template-like" features
5. The next best thing to InLightEHR (but that EHR lost funding :()
6. Can view other documents while charting
7. Finds local/regional pharmacies/consultants with somewhat accurate demographics
8. Has almost every standard EHR feature
9. Fairly decent health maintenance module and nice (unobtrusive) reminders at beginning of each note

Cons

1. It could be more intuitive
2. Too many font and window colors- looks cluttered
3. Very rudimentary patient engagement tool (new update coming but adds another.
4. No medication dispensing/inventory management built in
5. No membership management built in
6. Poor order tracking as of now (hopefully this will change). You can't find a list of all uncompleted orders.
7. Poor in-office procedure documenting

Olivia R.

Elation

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Great

Pros

easy to use! I appreciate the faxing feature, ability to integrate with labs/hospitals for lab orders and imaging, responsive customer service and fluidity in uploading documents

Cons

The reports never change nor is there an option to add a new report. I am constantly filing Dermatology reports under Misc because Derm doesn't exist! I can think of several other specialties that I have to list as misc which makes it difficult to find. I'm not impressed by the fact that I am unable to amend or edit any of the added lab values when trending. It can be quite frustrating to have to re-trend an entire report because RBC reads 55.2 rather than 5.52 ..erg!! Finally, it would be awesome if there was a texting/emailing feature to contact patients from elation. AND finally, the patient portal - patients are unable to access labs/imaging themselves. We would like to option to allow patients access to those reports rather then send them individually.

Zain Z.

So far, there isn't anything better available, but that's not saying much

Reviewed on 2018/09/25

Pros

the search function is intelligent and well-implemented
free integrations with lab interfaces to allow lab data to be imported as data instead of as images of faxed pages.

Cons

The thing about it is that I am also a programmer. I work on web design, UI/UX, and frankly the UX sucks. But so does every other EMR.

For many reasons, these companies just don't give a shit about the physician user experience, and things that are mainstream in other areas of tech (like a11y, typographic rhythm/size/width/readability, text contrast, material design, etc.) are totally foreign in the medical space.

There is no mobile version on the web (they recently launched an app in the app store for iPhone, because apparently they think it's still 2011) - it's just the desktop site that requires you to pinch and zoom because no one there cared enough to write media queries in their css.

7.0/10
John S.

Outstanding EMR!

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

We tried two other EMRs before purchasing Elation and the difference between Elation and the other two is night and day. Elation is easy to use, intuitive, and helps us to be more productive. Our whole staff was using it easily within a day of purchasing it, and after one month of using it our revenue grew by 30%. They've been outstanding to work with during the onboarding process and have been extremely receptive and available when we have questions. I've recommended Elation to everyone I know who's looking for an EMR and I can't overstate how delighted I am with their product and their service.

Cons

There are no major issues with Elation at all. We've been more than delighted in the three months we've been using them.

Kory K.

Overall smooth transition and easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Pros

Easy to connect with other physicians and see everything about a patient on one screen. Less clicking is faster work

Cons

It would be very helpful if some of the add on features they mentioned when I was choosing an EHR were actually being developed. I was told they were currently working on a camera app to take clinical photos...don't see it

Andrew S.

Most intuitive EMR I've ever used

Reviewed on 2016/05/09

Our practice has been using Elation EMR for that past 5 years and has been very satisfied with it. Implementation was fast and easy with excellent support. I trained my staff with a 7 min screen capture video and they were up and running. Doctors went in without any advanced training. I suggested they see 2 patients per half day with Elation on their first day and the rest still with paper charts. Most of them came back and said, "It was so easy, I just saw all my patient in Elation." Support has been excellent throughout. As the company has grown, support has been a little less immediate and personal than it was in the early years but remains prompt and excellent. I think we've only had a couple of downtimes in the past 5 years and never lasting more than 10 minutes. It does lack some features found in more established systems. These include no health maintenance tracking or reminders and no ability to template recurrent tasks. Nevertheless, it is a powerful system and a joy to use. I highly recommend Elation EMR for a small to medium sized practice looking for an easy-to-learn, easy-to-use system.

Grace Y.

Most intuitive, well-designed EMR I've ever used

Reviewed on 2016/05/05

Go visit a practice using Elation (and compare to others using different EMR's). Ask users if they like their EMR. I haven't met a single Elation user who does not love their EMR, while it's RARE for me to find a user of any other EMR system who even remotely likes their EMR. Unfortunately, with our practice joining a larger organization, we were forced to change systems and are three weeks deep into the new system (which is the biggest one in the industry and although powerful, clearly not created by physicians or intuitive by any means).
Switching to Elation required absolutely no downtime (hard to believe), and there are so many aspects of the EMR that are incredibly well thought out (the search functionality, web-based, easy templates, chronological timeline, patient portal, etc, etc - may be present in other EMR's but definitely not as well designed for the end user). I have used three other EMR's (Misys, eClinicalWorks, Epic), and Elation is hands down the easiest to use.

Albert F.

Overall, we are delighted with using Elation.

Reviewed on 2016/05/09

Pros:
Documentation has never been easier.
The daily workflow of seeing patients and documenting notes is very streamlined with a minimum of clicking buttons or switching screens.
Features are intuitive and easy to learn.
New features are implemented with regularity and well advertised to users.
Everything runs in a browser, so other than Chrome, there's nothing to maintain locally.

Cons:
Our transition from our prior EMR (Allscripts) was a tad bumpy. We would have benefited from more education about the data that would be imported from our old charts to the new. Our misunderstanding about the process (which we are certainly partially responsible for) led to much potentially preventable work.

Helen L.

great system

Reviewed on 2016/05/09

pros: user friendly, low start up costs, browser based. system is extremely proficient and workflow is great. all information is at finger tips. appointment reminders are automatic.
I integrated Epic at another office and have used eclinical works, cerner, vitera intergy, etc and Elation is by far the most user AND provider friendly.

cons: concern regarding security due to browser based system, some provider issues- unable to refill rx for another provider unless I create another account. unable to get refills at this time for my account through sure scripts

Douglas S.

Intuitive and easy to use.

Reviewed on 2016/05/07

I scaled back my patients on the first day, but quickly learned that was unnecessary. I'm delighted with all aspects of the program, as is my office staff. After using paper charts for over 30 years I was apprehensive about the change. I could't be happier.

Jenna P.

Great Product!

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

This is a great platform for physician/user connection and just knowing everything about a patient and perfect to keep in touch with them, and to connect to other physicians also seeing the same patients.