Applicant Tracking Reviews

Applicant Tracking

Don't Let Five-Star Candidates Slip Away

4.3/5 (237 reviews)
Miriam C.

An HR Solution for Timesheets and Time Tracking!

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

I tested TrackSmart for about a year before selecting it from among several others as our HR solution. It was the most fitting to our needs, our users didn't need any formal training in order to be able to use it, the price was within our budget, and we were finally able to do away with unsigned, handwritten timesheets. As a bonus, timesheets would now follow a proper review and approval process, and there is even a free downloadable app for users to be able to complete timesheets and request time off.

However, TrackSmart still has much room to grow, as many items we've been requiring of our ideal HR solution are still missing here. In particular, I have requested a field in each user's time bank to show how many vacation/sick/PTO/etc. they have for the year in total, as the program will only show you what you have accrued/available and what has been used, but no total of how much you will accrue for the year as a whole. It also does not automatically calculate California daily overtime, so our California timesheets must be manually calculated each week. Would also love to have a section on each user's dashboard for links to external websites and where documents may be uploaded to be shared with users upon login. The great thing is, through communication with TrackSmart's customer support team, they have been responsive in listening to their users and implementing changes as they are made aware of user needs.

All in all, with what TrackSmart currently delivers, and the promise of more great features to come, I am super pleased with the application and look forward to the future of our HR needs becoming easier to manage and track. Thanks!

Pros

Timesheet approval, detailed setup of time banks (PTO, Vacation, Sick, etc.), calendar option on the dashboard.

Cons

1 - Does not calculate daily overtime for California timesheets.
2 - No way of knowing how many Vacation/sick/PTO/etc. days in total you are allowed to receive for the year (only able to view what has been accrued/available and what has been used).
3 - Timesheets may only be saved/printed individually, not as a group.

Jo H.

Summertime Scheduler

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

I have used TrackSmart scheduler for the past 3 years. I am a manager of a pool and use it to schedule my lifeguard staff. The staff loves it because of the mobile app - they can give up shifts, swap shifts and see who is working all from the app. I also use the time clock function. This allows me to check to see who is working and when they started. It also allows our payroll person to access the payroll from anywhere, even when she is on vacation. As soon as I have approved the hours, she can do whatever she needs to. The whole program, from scheduler to mobile app is easy to use and very functional. I love being able to access the information from anywhere, especially when I am off site. Also, the ability to have a monthly contract is also convenient since I am a seasonal employer. I start it in the spring and I turn it off in the fall. I honestly don't know how I would schedule without this program.

Pros

It is so easy to use and set up. It is easy for my lifeguards who are mostly teenagers. It is difficult to get teens to do anything these days, but they love the ability to trade and switch their shift, and the app makes it so easy to do so.

Cons

1. The swap function is not available on the app. That would be so great to have as most of my lifeguards don't want to just give up their hours - they would much rather swap.
2. As the manager, I can't get notifications who is giving up shifts. I get an email when one is taken, but I lose a little bit of scheduling control when I don't know that they shifts are being given up. I would like to get notified just as the guards do.

Sean G.

Great product... could use some improvements

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

I've loved the TrackSmart product since incorporating into our business. However, the one thing the product is lacking is real-time (database) synchronization with Outlook Calendars. Because we use Outlook so heavily in regards to the different calendars we utilized from an organization standpoint, it would be nice if our TrackSmart attendance data would sync with Outlook in this regard. For example, one of the calendars we use in-house is a field operations calendar. Because there are so many people in the mix when scheduling/planning field operations, the one thing that's always missed is to see who is on vacation. What we have to do is have a separate "vacation" calendar within Outlook so people can overlay this with the field ops calendar so they don't schedule someone who is on vacation. This works, except for when someone forgets to put someone or themselves on the vacation calendar. With TrackSmart being centrally managed, it would be real nice if the attendance data entered into it would sync with our vacation calendar so they match. This would result in us not having those "uh-oh" moments because data was entered into one but not the other... it happens. If you guys could figure this out, you would have a 5-star rating across the board.

Pros

Ease of use and overall look & feel of website/product. Flexible pricing plans.

Cons

No Outlook sync feature so in-house calendars match what is on TrackSmart.

Mark R.

A Life Saver!

Reviewed on 2016/12/03

I love TrackSmart. It has been an absolute lifesaver in running my business. I create a work schedule and publish it to my employees and then I am out of the loop. If they have a conflict and can't make or don't want a shift, they offer it up and other employees can grab it if they want the extra hours. The system keeps track to make sure that nobody is taking too many hours and moving into overtime pay situation. I can easily view the work balance between employees with a single click. At the end of the pay period, with just a couple of keystrokes, I get a report of the total number of hours worked by each employee. The employees use the smartphone app to manage their work schedule as well as clocking in and out. It's amazing to me how simple the system is. It's exactly everything I was looking for in a scheduling system.

Pros

Very simple to use. Employees can trade shifts without me being involved. Reporting at the end of the pay period is easy. The mobile app makes it simple for employees to clock in and out.

Cons

I would like to be able to have my "standard schedule" that I can start with when creating a work schedule. The system does allow me to copy the schedule from past weeks but that will always include shifts that have been swapped out. I want to be able to start with my baseline schedule.

Jenny B.

We use TrackSmart to manage our employees time off.

Reviewed on 2017/12/05

I love that I don't have to manually keep track of our employees' time off. It's easy to make calculation errors when doing it by hand. It's also a great tracking tool because it allows us to see which day an employee submitted a request for time off.

Pros

It's very easy to use. Our employees can look at the calendar to see what days are available to take since we can only have one person per department gone at one time. The reports are very helpful as well.

Cons

The program doesn't link with Outlook so when I approve someone's time off, I have to go to the Executive's calendar and put it there as well. It would be great if they would link. The other problem is that the employees can only see that another employee's name is on a date, not if they're taking the whole day or just two hours for a doctors appointment.

Kathleen L.

Fischer Connectors - Awesome Experience

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

We needed a solution to the paper tracking of PTO. After some research, TrackSmart was selected for a few reasons. First, the set up was easy from the start. Second, training was a breeze for our staff and everyone could use the app right away after the initial set up. I used the 30-day trial to test and worked with TrackSmart with questions. I knew after a week that we would benefit from this service. There is no another company out there (at the time of my membership) that fit the bill as far as price, service and overall options. I would recommend TrackSmart to any company that needs a solid and proven application for PTO tracking.

Pros

Ease of use, reporting structure, price, customer service

Cons

It would be good to know when any upgrades happen so companies can make sure they have downloaded accurate records prior to the upgrade. We had an issue with an upgrade that messed up our PTO totals. It took some time but we worked with TrackSmart to resolve.

Alyson M.

Tracking Attendance, Days off & such has NEVER been easier!

Reviewed on 2019/01/23

If you're looking for an efficient and simple way to track attendance, know which employees are on the clock in real time, know exactly how many hours someone has worked all with a couple of clicks (and SO much more info right at your fingertips), then you've got to check out TrackSmart. You honestly won't believe how simple your life will be and how much time you'll save!

Pros

The ability to track schedules, easily swap employee shifts and even create recurring schedules are the three things I value most about TrackSmart. Of the software I've used, TrackSmart absolutely makes things easiest and is by far the fastest to learn.

Cons

I can't even think of a single thing that I dislike about TrackSmart. The one time I couldn't figure something out, Customer Support was so quick to respond and knew exactly how to help me within less than a minute.

Kathleen M.

TrackSmart makes HR a breeze!

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

TrackSmart has vastly improved our PTO system. Gone are the days of manually tracking on excel spreadsheets, countless disputes from employees who think their balance should be higher than what it is and so on. The only thing I REALLY wish I could do on TrackSmart is load PTO banks for the coming year before the year starts (i.e. I wish I could load the 2017 time banks and approve 2017 time off requests... instead they just have to sit as pending until after 1/1/2017).

Pros

Employees can keep track of their own PTO balances rather than dispute with managers. They can also see their balances so it reduces the number of inquiries management receives.

Cons

Inability to load next year's time bank before the year hits.

Stacey G.

Great Software, Updates would make it even better

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

I use track smart for our business of 50 employees. It has freed up time for processing and tracking vacation accruals for sure. It also makes it a breeze to see who else is off when you receive a vacation request. Potential conflicts or other company events that may be going on. This is wonderful and leaves little room for conflicting vacation schedules. One improvement that could be made to make life easier for the admin is to have each employees time off bank balances show on the employee list screen. So that I don't have to research each employee individually to find balances. A quick glance at the employee screen for that important info would be great! Otherwise a great software.

Pros

How easy it is for employees to input their requests

Cons

Managers cannot edit or adjust their employee requests for them.

Tammy D.

TrackSmart Attendance

Reviewed on 2017/06/07

It's a great place to enter all my employees and keep tracking of who is here and who is not and why.

Pros

Easy to use for the most part. It's fairly user friendly and it's easy to understand how to mark an employee

Cons

Stalls a lot and the customer service reps just seem to blame my computer for that, even though my other visits to websites don't have the same issues. Also has some glitches. I also wish I could create some of my own categories. If the glitches were gone, I could create my own category and it didn't stall so much I would absolutely love it.

7.0/10
Kris H.

Tracksmart Review

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

Really like the program. Like that our employees can submit PTO requests to their supervisors for approval and that they can also track how much PTO they have used and have remaining. allowing employees the ability to track their own time off save our HR department a lot of time. It would be nice if we could delete the time off banks that we do not use. we have been using this system for the last couple of years and our employees seem to really like it , previously we had a manual system using a Excel spreadsheet. this is a real step up.

Pros

employees submit request to supervisors and they can track their own PTO

Cons

Time off banks are not editable

Jocelyn K.

Convenient and affordable, but unreliable

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

The first couple of years this worked well, which was great since it's considerably less costly than most systems. However, during the past year an update was made to their system, and several times since, there have been random changes made to the numbers of hours that had been entered. The first time this happened, I thought I had done something. But the second time it happened, I started browsing their Help section, and there was a section saying that this had occurred due to an upgrade they'd done. I give their customer support 2 stars because I think this should have been sent out as an announcement as soon as it happened, rather than keeping this info buried in their help section. Also, the last (third time) this happened, when I contacted their support, I was told the problem had been "all fixed," when of course it had not. We are a small nonprofit so probably cannot afford a different system. Hopefully, they can at some point resolve this bug in their system. If they do, I would recommend the system as efficient and cost-effective. In the meantime, luckily, I always make sure figures in the system are accurate and make a hard copy a couple of days prior to the new year and a couple of days after so I have something solid to check against when these system errors arise.

Pros

It's easy to enter information and generate reports for a cost-effective fee compared to other systems.

Cons

It has been very unreliable due to a bug in the system which periodically causes it to arbitrarily change the number of hours that had been entered.

4.0/10
Alecia T.

Runs great reports

Reviewed on 2016/12/21

It's a simple way for us to track our employees time, start date and vacation, sick time etc. It would be nice to have some additional features but understand how to use it the way it is. Example: It would be nice to be able to show what will be the total annual accumulation of vacation time at a glance in advance of the time being added monthly.

Pros

Running reports

Cons

Not being able to see total annual vacation allotment in advance of the time being added to the bank's monthly - it was set up this way for a reason but would be nice to have that one added feature rather than have to do math each time

Don W.

Perfect for a small company

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

We are a small company with 12 employees, but all the legal responsibilities to our employees of a big company. Track Smart helps us manage important work week scheduling, manage hours of employees, coordinate time off communication, keep a record of important HR dates, and many other issues that tend to get lost in the shuffle.

Pros

Ease of use, attractive interface, reporting, calendars for seeing time off

Cons

Would like to have more options than two on time in and time out each day for hourly employees. Wish it would automatically plug in vacation hours.

Stephanie G.

Good & Bad

Reviewed on 2016/12/14

The ease of inputting time cards and time off is great! The site can be a little bogged down and slow sometimes. This gets frustrating when you have someone on the phone and need information quickly.

Pros

Time Card Input, Adding Vacation & Sick Time

Cons

When trying to find out how much vacation time someone has left gets complicated. It calculates the time that they have used and time that they have asked for. You have to be careful when letting someone know what time has been used.

Kris H.

Track Employee PTO

Reviewed on 2018/04/13

Pros

Employee's like the mobile app and how easy it is to request time off. As an administrator I like all the available reports and that I can download them as Excel documents for easy editing.

Cons

As an admin I don't like that we cannot modify the time off banks. The only one we use is "PTO" and I'm having to constantly go in and modify accepted time to reflect the correct time off bank otherwise the employee's accrual will be wrong.

Athlyn F.

Try it before you judge it!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

I would highly recommend tracksmart to small and large corporations. The accuracy of data, the ease of use and most of all the multiplicity of reports. It made my job so easy as appose to the archaic method I was using, by putting the time off on a color-coded calendar. I like the fact that the employees can access the site as well and input time off data. A good management of time for all concerned for such a nominal cost. Less than a full-time employees salary.

Pros

the various reports

Cons

The profile page could be a little more adaptable regarding navigation

Jami M.

Jami's Review

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

The one thing I dislike, is the time out feature- I wish there were an option of setting limit on time out- or turning the feature off under our own log-in if we desire. My work station is safe and no one accesses it while I'm logged in, I prefer to have the calendar pulled up all day, because logging it takes a little time with some delays on occasion. If I could stay logged in, it would help me immensely without having to click "ok" to stay connected.

Pros

Coverage of many areas

Cons

Time out feature on a log-in- for my admin. account specifically.

Lisa M.

Tracksmart Lives up to its' Title

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

We have been using Tracksmart for the past several years to monitor staff attendance, run reports and post our days off, practitioners being off to alert staff . This is helpful when they wish to request time off and/or see what their schedule will be like. It is very easy, straightforward and accessible to all. It is just as its' name suggests...Tracking done the smart way. Tracksmart

Pros

easy to use

Cons

could allow us to create our own reasons for time off. We do get around that with our remarks in the system though.

Sarah M.

Financial Officer

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

TrackSmart is user-friendly! We have efficiently streamlined our record keeping & communication with employees by moving to TrackSmart. We've also eliminated our time clock for hourly employees. Saving time & money :)

Pros

User-friendly both with the web version & the app.

Cons

Wish we had the ability to customize our accrual banks just a little bit more.
Contract employee (teachers) calendar year run differently than administrative & hourly employees.

Susan O.

Makes Scheduling a Breeze

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

Trying to schedule 20 part-time employees was making me crazy! TrackSmart lets me enter everyone's time off requests, max hours they want to work and departments - then I hit Auto-Schedule and my month's schedule is complete!

Also love that employee can access their schedules online and are able to swap shifts with my approval.

Pros

Love the Auto Schedule feature which works with requested time off and maxes hours that each employee can work!

Cons

Wish I could lock months that are published so that I don't unintentionally change the current month when scheduling the next month.

Tami B.

Awesome Product

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

We have been using TrackSmart for several years now and it is the best product. We do not use the time sheet feature so I can't speak for that side but the attendance tracker is awesome. It makes it easy for my employees and for me to be able to look at all time off anytime. Thanks for such a great product.

Pros

Being able to see all employees time off in one area. (calendar)

Cons

I do not have any cons.

Erica L.

Good, can be better

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

It has made our processes for attendance tracking a lot easier. I wish it actually notifies HR Admin when the time-off request is actually approved not when it is submitted, though. Other than that, I've been really enjoying using your service.

Pros

Ease of use, fairly good price for what it does

Cons

I mentioned briefly before, but I'd love it if it notifies HR Admin when the time-off request is approved by supervisor instead of when it is submitted by employee

Jenny B.

Tracksmart works well for us

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

Tracksmart works well for our company. We have about 25 employees so it's easy to maintain the calendar. I would be love it if Tracksmart would interface with Outlook so I wouldn't have to put vacation days in Tracksmart and then on the Executive's calendar as well. I've been asking for this for many years.

Pros

It's easy to use and my employees aren't dependent on me to help them with their time off.

Cons

It doesn't interface with Outlook

7.0/10
Charlene H.

TrackSmart! Thoughts

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

TrackSmart! is the best value that I have found. The cost is reasonable, especially for a non-profit like ours. It is relatively flexible and meets most of our needs.

Pros

The ease of use. The time off request aspect is great.

Cons

I wish it could have classes of employees so that our teachers (who do not fill out time sheets) would not have time sheets assigned to them unless we wanted them to have time sheets.